July 30, 2014 | 1901 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had not intended to buy this at all. I have WAY too much eye makeup, and quite a few nudes to satisfy me. Or so I thought. I was lucky to be able to get my hands on this because a spreer I often deal with had brought in some, so on a whim, plonked down the cash to buy it. I questioned my sanity at that moment. When it arrived though, and when I first used it, my regrets instantly evaporated. BEST. PURCHASE. EVER. The shadows are all amazingly pigmented. So much more than MAC eyeshadows can ever be. I can create anything from natural to sexy, smoky eyes - and if I go traveling this will be pretty handy and all I need, really. I reach for this every day, over other old favorites like NYX, MAC, Stila, Dior, Shiseido, etc. The only thing I want to gripe about is that my favorite of the bunch - Sidecar, is exclusive to this palette (and if I'm not mistaken, another palette) but I want it in singles! Already I'm deathly afraid that one day I'll hit pan and *gasp* run out of this color! That aside, I love it so much, I bought another one for my mom. :) I can foresee myself getting a lot of use out of this, since it's so incredibly versatile and economical, when you think about it, for this kind of quality. Urban Decay, please come out with Sidecar singles, though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used my friend's Naked palette, after much debate over whether or not I wanted to buy it. And I'm a little underwhelmed. I know there's a lot of love for Naked, but it just isn't as amazing as the hype I guess. I have a LOT of similar colors in my collection, and I like both neutrals and colors, so this is a little too neutral for my taste. If all you wear is neutrals, this is probably a must-have for your e/s collection, but for me, it's $50 I'll save. If you own any of Urban Decay's palettes from their past LE releases, you've probably amassed at least half of the browns/golds in this palette (as is the case for me), so no need to buy this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Betzy04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was able to get the palette a few months after the hype, when it was still out of stock. I have to admit i was crazy about it for a few weeks because everyone seem to love it. I only seem to go for it when i go to parties or clubbing because the colors are so amazing for smokey eyes. I think it's worth the money because you get so many colors for what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I was lucky enough to get this product when it first came out. I am a huge makeup junkie, I have plenty of eyeshadow, but this palette was well worth the $44 I paid for it. I know they sell for $48 now because now they come with an eyeshadow brush instead of a 24/7 liner, but even at $48, still worth it !! I use this palette several times a week and it really has become my go-to eyeshadow. I can do a neutral day look or a bronzy gold look or a smoky eye. I just love the versatility. When I've gone away for the weekend this is what I bring with me because I know no matter what comes up, I can create the appropriate look with this palette. Many of the shadows are permanent ones to the Urban Decay line but the nice thing about this palette is the value per shadow and the fact that they are all together in one convenient place. I don't have to search through drawers and makeup bags to get the shadows I want for a look. The quality of course is wonderful, long lasting and blendable and pigmented. I would recommend this to anyone whether you are a makeup novice or a makeup expert.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

I got this in a swap a while ago and am very pleased I did so since it tooks months and months for many to get their hands on it. I know I gave it a four, but it really is more of a 4.75, because I wanted to point out some things I did not like so that they can be considered. The pigmentation on all of the shadows is wonderful. They are smooth, blend easy and are really nice to work with.

Here are my dislikes:
- The highlight color is shimmery, beautiful yes, but I prefer a matter highlight
- I have a hard time seeing how the gunmetal color fits in, I think I would have preferred a matter grey brown
- A dark matte color would have been nice too

This of course was my opinion and preference for an ideal neutral palette. This is such a wonderful buy and I would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by SaBay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why oh WHY is this a limited edition product? I love the palette, you can recreate any look from - natural day wear to dark, smokey, night out kind of look. Amazing quality, fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sabbyoh

Love this palette. mine came with the double ended eyeliner (nice eyeliners- good consistency and glide on easily) and a mini priming potion. The shadows are all lovely. I own way too many palettes that are half unused because I don't like the colours, but I genuinely use every single shadow in this palette. They all go perfectly together and it is so easy to do a nice "look" even when you're in a rush. I think this is perfect for "beginners" who are just getting into makeup or for someone who doesn't own many eyeshadows and would like to expand their collection this would be an ideal thing to buy first. I'm pretty sure mine cost 28 (i think the price has gone up slightly since). I was pretty pleased with the value for money as you get 12 shadows and you WILL use all of them, plus an eyeliner and mini primer. I love the packaging, it looks really ~classy~, and also the fact it has a mirror unlike a lot of palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by DramaticEyez

I love all the colors in this pallet! Every color works well together and stays put ALL day (esp with the help of my UD primer!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Chrisbeans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You will look great in every color on the palette!
Long lasting too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by earthgirl26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As someone who only wears neutrals on a daily basis, I hardly ever buy new eyeshadow. This product was worth the hype, I think! There's a lot of product and every shade is wearable unlike some other special edition palettes. You won't regret it.