August 23, 2014 | 1776 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by OsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past two years, I've gone on a foundation buying spree after I decided to make the move back to liquid foundation. For reference, I've tried, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Chanel Teint Innocence Cream, Giorgio Armani LSF, Guerlain Parure Extreme, Laura Mercier, Korres Wild Rose, Dior Skin Nude.

Nars Sheer Glow isn't a bad foundation, but it isn't for everyone. I can see how some people will really like it. For me personally, I could not get it to work. I was color matched to Barcelona which is actually a pretty good match (Guerlain 04, LSF 7, Chanel 6.0 Wheat). I was concerned about it being too light, but it seemed to blend in really well. It felt nice and light going on and coverage I would say is about medium, but could be brought up to medium-full with a little work. The finish, while not dewy, was nicely satin. It lasted for at least 7 hours on me, although I set it with MUFE HD.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. When applied with my Sephora HD 55 brush, I couldn't get it to stop streaking, same with a flat foundation brush. When I applied with my MAC 187, I felt it looked too cakey. Overall, it didn't "melt" into my skin. Most important however, it really, really, emphasized dry areas on my cheeks. I exfoliate regularly, but I still have slightly dry to combination skin due to use of retinols. It very much aged my skin. Although I previously thought I couldn't give a hoot about packaging, I really noticed how much foundation I would waste with this due to it's lack of a pump. Finally, my skin is really clog prone and after using this foundation for about a week and a half, I felt that my skin had more clogs than before.

Glad it seems to work for some people, but if you have dry flaky skin, I would avoid this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by etherealbeauty

hands down my HG foundation. i'm an NC25 but in NARS Sheer Glow I am Santa Fe which is perfect for my skin because it blends right in. Sephora describes Santa Fe as medium with peachy undertones. there are many shades of foundation under medium which makes it better to find a precise match. when I put this on the first few times people thought that I had nothing on. its like skin, it feels like NOTHING which is so incredible because I hate that masky feeling. i would prep the face with an extremely hydrating moisturizer though as it may accentuate dry spots. dry patches arent good to begin with but i make sure my face is perfectly hydrated before putting this on.

Description:

glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage.

What it does:
This Sheer Glow Foundation enhances, without masking, your overall natural complexion The weightless formula hydrates the skin while complexion brightening properties improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture, leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow.

Research Results:
- 100% says skin feeling soft and smooth
- 96% says even out skintone
- 96% says they would purchase it if it were available on the market
- 96% says they would recommend it to a friend
- 92% says skin looks brighter and more radiant

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by purplkaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation. I had good experiences w/ the balanced and oil free from NARS in the past. Since winter was approaching and I ran out of my Chanel Pro Lumiere, I needed something less matte and drying than Mat Lumiere by Chanel which is a good summer foundation for me.

My skin is combo: shine on my forehead by the end of the day but very dry on my cheeks and around my mouth area. I didn't realize how dry until I tried sheer glow b/c after a day or two, the foundation really started to cling to those dry patchy spots. My forehead, on the other hand, was flawless and it held down the shine pretty much the whole day.

Overall, I liked the foundation's finish on the normal areas of my face. it's just not for someone w/ dry spots especially during the winter. I'd definitely consider it for a summer foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pixiekt03

After years of searching for my go-to foundation, I think I've finally found my HG!

This stuff is amazing. I'm extremely fair (and I mean EXTREMELY fair) and can never find a foundation that is light enough. I purchased this in Siberia, and it's the perfect shade for me It applies like a dream, provides great coverage, and feels like you're wearing nothing!

I will never switch to anything else, and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MariLaPaisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wonderful wonderful foundation. the best on the market right now. its either this or to a lesser extent, dior airflash foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by hetsy

I rushed out to buy this after reading reviews on MA. have combination skin and definitely would not recommend this for dry skin. coverage is great and i do not need concealer. Definitely brightens the face. I am a serious foundation junkie and I would rank thi sas one of the best foundations I have used. I do think i may have been a little heavy handed so will try mixing it with MAC face & body for a bit more of a lighter coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by babyfishnat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wished this lasted longer on my face, i know this is meant for drier skin types but, i liked the finish however it didn't last at all on my oilier skin, barely 2 hours and its gone. i will try sheer matte next. the packaging, as usual a pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by rockethamster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I really like this foundation! I'm a light to medium complexion with golden undertones and Ceylon matches really well (its a tad light but as we're getting into winter now it should match exactly quite soon). This honestly feels weightless on my face, I was amazed at how it disappeared into the skin. I like the finish - a satin but more on the matte side despite the name. It is medium coverage, so I do still need concealer around the nose and eyes.

Cons:
The most major con IMO is that this photographs white in pictures. It looks amazing in real life but take my advice and wear something else if you're planning on taking lots of photos.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by katy24

HG!!!!!!!!!!! I have never had a foundation that makes my skin appear flawless until now! I picked this up in "Fiji"(very yellow-beige),was afraid it was too much yellow in tone but when it is buffed in with my Mac109 it's absolutely perfect.My skin ,especially at this time of year, has a lot of red undertone&this shade deletes it completely.The amount needed to cover the entire face is about the size of my fingertip-coverage is medium to heavy so this should appeal to anyone who likes Colorstay& Studio Fix.You can get very heavy coverage with this if you need it.Sheer Glow is not "sheer" at all but has a lovely satin finish.I like to set it lightly with powder but it isn't necessary for everyone.Try this on one side of the face,check -out how great it looks before finishing the other side.this is what a great foundation is supposed to be!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by katloummm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absoultely love this product.

I purchased it because the foundation I was using at the time *MAC SFF* (my old HG) was ALWAYS the wrong shade for me. I tried NC/NW/15/20/25, no matter what we tried it always looked too dark, orangey, or too pinky. Rubbish.

So, standing in Harvey Nichols, I look over at the NARS counter and something's calling me over. I approach cautiously to find that it is the new Sheer Glow foundation....ooo00ooo00ooos...

The SA applies NARS primer with SPF, then smothers my face in sheer glow, its so light and airy almost like I'm not wearing foundation at all. she applies more in my problem areas, undereye, around the nose, and chin, it's perfect. She didn't even have to use concealer!! She puts on a bit of blusher and my face looks flawless. It looks matte but at the same time has a glow to it, I dont really know how to describe it. The shade is just right, I am Mont Blanc.

The only problem I have with this product is the bottle. The foundation itself is quite runny, so getting it out can sometimes be a bit of a hassle, cause I always manage to pour out too much. I contacted NARS asking about pumps, but they only have them for the counters and not for selling. *sad* If anyone has a solution to this please mail me!! :)

*edit* I got a mail from a very lovely user saying there's going to be a NARS pump in 2010!!! WOO!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No