October 31, 2014 | 1568 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by athenaetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used diorglow and lancome for the past couple of years. Definitely LOVING Nars sheer glow compared to these foundations.

It's not a heavy coverage, and that's what I love about it. There's still a little of my natural skin showing through, so it doesn't look like a chalky/funky mask.

The packaging could be better. A pump would be nice...it's just an open bottle top, and the product could just pour out if you're not careful

Name suits it perfectly...as it does give a "sheer glow".
I will be using this foundation from now on (or until something even better comes my way..haha)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by yellowjello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the high reviews for this product! I have combination skin and thought I could get some decent coverage...boy was I wrong. The other reviewers were right, you can build coverage, but it just turns really cakey and nasty. I thought it might've been just me so I tested it again when my skin was perfectly clear, but had the same results. I tried using a foundation brush, sponge, AND stippling brush (not all at once). NOTHING LOOKS GOOD! I also don't like how there isn't a pump. I know it's easily remedied with a q-tip, but I don't like it. I'd give it zero stars if I could

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 More reviews by olliesbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample (of which I have used for about 2 weeks) of this from sephora after hearing all the great reviews. I was at my palest when I went to get matched and Ceylan is perfect! It looks so pasty and yellow but is truly an ideal match. I am IN LOVE with this foundations coverage. I like medium and this is what it is. I don't notice a glow but it's definately not matte. I would say more of a true natural finish. This stuff evens out my skin (redness, damage from tanning that is starting to make it's appearance and the occasional blemish of sorts) and doesn't cake (my husband is very picky about that and obvious looking foundation so he would tell me) It lasts all day and I don't set with powder (don't need to!) So glad I found a fantastic replacement for my Px Virtual Skin.
*EDIT* Finally made it back for a rematch and Santa Fe is THE perfect match for my skin! Loves it! Raising to a full 5 stars as this stuff is definitely deserving IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure I get all the great reviews for this product. I couldn't wait to try it with all the good reviews but was sorely disappointed. It is very sheer coverage and does not cover any bad areas. I guess it would be good if you had young even coverage skin but I found it settled into all my pores and did nothing for imperfections. "glow" or coverage what so ever. Way to expensive and bad packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by peachytea

This grew on me! At first I wasn't sure about the sticky feeling it left on my skin, but if I blend with my fingers, or set it with powder, I get a nice natural finish. I actually prefer the texture now because I can easily just dot it on my face, and blend with fingers without worrying about it looking streaky or patchy. It Glides on and blends easily, doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts. It evens out my skintone and looks completely natural. I don't have a lot of discoloration or blemishes to hide, so I'm happy with the medium-sheer coverage. I don't notice it clinging to any dry patches, or causing dryness, but I use moisturizer before foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt the need to review this because it is truly a wonderful new foundation. There are very few foundations in this world that I like. And I have tried many of them: Priced from $5-$65. Drugstore, department store: You name it. Moving right along: First if all, the packaging leaves much to be desired. The lid is weird (square, but can pop to reveal a round cap hidden underneath), and the bottle has no pump. It's runny, so you have to be careful with that bottle... I don't use very much of this foundation because I do not desire very much coverage. But wow, even the smallest amount does indeed make the skin GLOW! It really seems to float above the skin; giving it that "photo finish" look. It doesn't sink into my pore or cling onto my dry spots like most foundations do. There is a color match for me, which is awesome (was wearing Gobi until now, where the winter color match is Siberia). I apply a couple of dabs on my cheeks, chin, and nose, and blend. I have very dense fringe and don't wear makeup on my forehead. Should my bangs part or whatever may happen, the color match is so good that no one would be able to notice. If you want to make it more moisturizing, mix a bit with a cream. It will act more like a TM this way, but still make your skin look lovely and even. The finish is satin. Coverage is buildable. This is my current foundation (16 December 2009), and it's in my top 3 foundations so far. GA Luminous Silk and Clinique Superbalanced SPF 15 Powder (the one like Smashbox's Halo) are my other favs.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have officially fallen in love with this foundation. This glides on so beautifully and is so light and glowy. I was matched with Punjab, a light-medium yellow shade.

Pros:
- feels light
- applies smoothly
- glows
Cons:
- $42
- medium coverage
- NO PUMP! :(

But the pros definitely overwhelm the cons.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I put this on, I noticed that it had really nice buildable, blendable coverage and felt sheer going on. Sadly, I also noticed how it went right to the dry patches on my skin (I'm combination) and made them tighter and much more obviously flaky. Yikes! I think the culprit is all that silicone. It's pretty hard to find liquid foundation without it these days.

Also, it was oddly matte, although my friend noticed more of a "glow" in direct light, so it may have light reflecting particles.

This may be worth a try for younger, oilier skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kjerstihagen

I've been on a quest for a good liquid foundation for winter (powder - and specifically Jane Iredale PurePressed Base - will most likely always be my go-to for summer), and was very excited to try Sheer Glow after reading all of the stellar reviews! It does look good for a couple of hours, but I am sorry to report that this separates on my skin (I think that describes it accurately - it looks like it settles into my pores and also accentuates any dryness) a couple of hours after application no matter how heavily I moisturize or how much primer I layer underneath. I have a slightly oily t-zone that certainly benefited nothing from this, but I am accustomed to that problem and wouldn't have held that against this foundation if it could just look nice on the rest of my face. I don't really need too much coverage, but I do have some visible pores that this did nothing to conceal. I'm disappointed to have to be a dissenting voice on this one, though - it seems to work so wonderfully for many.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so desperately wanted to love this, since I've had luck with other NARS foundations in the past. In the beginning, I liked it, although I found it to be a little thick and chalky and not at all glowy, like I imagined (someone even asked me if I wear powder, which I don't). Slowly, I started developing super dry, red patches on my face. Not sure if it's because of the makeup or the turn to cold weather, but they got really bad. I switched to my HG, Shiseido two days ago, and my skin is looking much better. Oh well.