July 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It provides medium to full coverage but is so light on the skin. I have the shade Mont Blanc which is perfect for me. I found Siberia to be too chalky white and Deauville to be too yellow.
The price is high at $42 for a bottle, but I bought it during a Friends and Family sale so I ended up paying $34 for it.
The packaging leaves much to be desired. I wish they put a pump on it.
I have dry skin and this foundation ends up drying my skin out even more. As the day wears on my skin becomes flaky and patchy looking. Not pretty. I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry skin. BB creams (Asian ones like Skin79) work MUCH better on dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by jamalana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I don't think I've ever tried a foundation that made such an impact on my complexion. I prefer light to medium coverage, and I hate when I can tell I'm wearing foundation. My everyday foundation is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. But lately, I've been wanting a little more coverage under my eyes and around my nose. I tried out MUFE F&B (less coverage than LM TM), MUFE HD (too drying, more coverage than Sheer Glow), and Nars Sheer Glow. I don't know how it's accomplished, but I use barely a pea-sized drop or two to cover my entire face, and the end result is that my skin looks incredibly even and glowing. It does seem to mattify my skin a little, yet somehow adds a lovely glow.

The only negative I will add is that I had trouble finding an exact match. I chose Stromboli, which seems a tad light and a bit too yellow, but the next choices up (Tahoe--yellow-orange, Syracuse--orangey-pink) were way too dark. My two local Sephoras didn't have Sheer Glow in yet, so I tested the colors using the Firming Foundation and ordered online...bad idea! The colors are very different between the two types. In the Firming Foundation, I had a pretty good match for either Tahoe or Syracuse in terms of depth; only the undertones differed between them. But the Sheer Glow runs much, much darker than the Firming Foundation. I was shocked at how different the shades were despite having the same names. I wish Sheer Glow had more neutral undertones like MUFE rather than being so yellow and orangey.
Then I would consider Sheer Glow perfect.

EDITED TO ADD: I found a better color match in the shade Barcelona =) It's a tiny bit deeper than Stromboli, and not as yellow. I'm not sure how I skipped this shade initially; I think that I thought it looked too light or too pink in the bottle based on the Firming Foundation. Very happy with this foundation!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by browncaramel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the finish of this foundation i bought macco it is a medium brown with yellow undertones just perfect for my caramel brown skin. it looks dewy kinda remind me of stila powder foundation i use 80 watt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by raspy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Barcelona and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! The consistency makes it very easy to work with giving me a flawless face. The glow factor is amazing; my dude friend who knows nothing about makeup told me "your face is glowing", "oh, it might be because of my Sheer Glow Foundation" I replied ;). The only downer is the price...I was lucky enough to purchase this on a blog sale, so i got it on the cheap. However, I will continue to purchase this foundation, it's that amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

JUST AMAZING. I have over 20 foundations and they are all very high end. I have LM, BB, Dior, Besame, MUFE, Chanel, Lorac, Stila, Mac, Estee Lauder, Lancome and so many , many , more.
I can go on FOREVER. And not to mention the dozens of TM I have.
After all the raves I needed to try this foundation so I went to my local Sephora and got this in Dueville (I wanted Mont Blanc but this was the 2nd lightest they had. The first was Siberia). Anywhoooo. The color match was OK (I think I am going to get Siberia to mix with this one)
I wore this for a few weeks so that I can write a fair review. And I have to say I adore this foundation. I have Normal skin that sometimes gets dry from Retinol. And this foundation is just amazing. It feels weightless on the skin and gives medium to full coverage. It lasts almost 6 hrs on me without primer. And over 10 hrs with Skindenavia over it.
It looks great. Covers flaws. Makes my skin look great.
WORTH EVERY SINGLE SCENT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by doreenk

I got this in Santa Fe and been using this for a good 5 weeks. The consistency is quite watery thus easy to blend and provides good coverage though this foundation is considered sheer. I would prefer the bottle comes with a pump like the sample in the store. What I love about this foundation is the dewy finish. My face looks fresh and radiance when wearing this. The only one problem I have with this foundation is it streaks. I have to remember not to touch my face whenever I am wearing this otherwise I would see streaks of foundation all over my face. I am not sure if I would buy this again as it is quite expensive. I believe I would come across a better one when (or even before) I finish the whole bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I LOVE this foundation, and I dont usually like nars stuff at all esp their foundations! Well, anyway this foundation is amazing for me. I like medium coverage and I have been using LM silk creme foundation for around 6 months now and it was my new HG until i came across this one. This foundation gives a medium-med/high coverage and even after i put a few layers of it on for a night out, u still dont get that masky cakey look (that i do get with the LM if i over do it) This one however looks so natural. Its especially amazing for day. It reminds me of a dior foundation they had and discontined some time ago...the light glowy one everyone loved, sorry i forgot the name! It gives me a beautiful glow that is not too over the top shiny, which i like because the ultra matte foundations are not for me. I have it in shade barcalona which is perfect for my nc30-35 ish skin. But the shade down i think would also work for me for day, not night as i like to have a little more colour for night. Im very suprised as I have never liked nars foundations but this one really is a very nice product. Oh, and by the way, today I was in a taxi going home from a beauty salon, and the taxi driver asked me what i had 'done;...i said just my nails and he said that my 'make up looks amazing' and he thought i had gone in their to get my make up professionally done! This is coming from a guy! :) Then a few days ago a random girl came upto me in starbucks and said my skn looked great and what was i using...so...this must be a good thing!!!!! The only other time ive had these odd comments was with faux cils and i think LM foundation...:)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have this in Gobi (Dillards, Sephora didn't have it) and it is a perfect match, tones down the pink tones in my skin and actually matches my skin tone. I use this over Korres primer and it stays all day and really does give you glowing skin. On my fair skin Gobi and NARS Vanilla concealer work wonders. Hello, NARS, how 'bout a pump for this foundation?! Edit 12/20/2009: Still loving this foundation, especially when dotted on and buffed in with my ED flat-top kabuki, flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Bartley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Long review : click continue for comments on the brightening effect!!!

I bought this in the shade Mont Blanc...it is perhaps half or one shade too dark for my nw15/n1 skin, but it is such a beautiful warm pink shade that as long as I blend it well through the jawline it works and makes my skin such a pretty shade.

Okay, this is the most expensive make-up item i've ever bought, but it's my opinion that without a good foundation, the rest of your make-up is a waste. So I splurged on this.

This. Is. Beautiful. On first application the texture is smooth, light, blends like a dream - mine arrived in the post a few minutes before I put my make-up on for the day, so I quickly applied it using my fingers (which I never do for foundation) but it applied beautifully, seamlessly. For me, the glow is definitely there, in a non-shimmery, non-glittery way. I was tilting my head back and forth in the mirror to try and se where the shimmer particles sat, but couldn't find them. My skin looked radient. And, unlike some foundations i've tried, this actually set on it's own and became transfer proof quickly after i stopped blending.This lasted for four hours *without powder* before it began to rub slightly from my nose (where i get slightly oily), but I am sure with powder it would last longer, as it was my oil and not the foundation itself that wore it away. It came off easily with my Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser.

THE BRIGHTENING EFFECT : I noticed this after *the first use*. It sounds crazy - liquid foundation normally breaks me out - but this! The next morning after changing nothing in my skincare routine, my skin did seem brighter, lighter. It makes sense because the product has so much slip to it that it could easily have a serum inside.

This is beautiful, and my HG after trying tens of foundation. Thank you Nars!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mistymountainhop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having combination skin,i find it ridiculously HARD to find a foundation that's right for me, either it's too dewy which leaves my t-zone with a shiny surface or just too dry where my nose gets especially flaky . With nars, i found the price to be rather expensive and i didn't see any subtle "glow" which the product claims to give. The one thing i did like however is, the colour tone. it wasn't too dark neither too light, but generally speaking it dried out my skin which i wasn't a fan of.