August 22, 2014 | 1196 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by fudgebrownie19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best damn gel eyeliner out there. Forgot to take it off while working out and then swimming, and it still hung on. No smudging, no running, no cracking. This stuff rocks. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i line my inner rims with a kohl liner dipped in the fluidline, and it stays pretty well put (the waterline is tricky for staying power..)
my only gripe is i have yet to find *the* brush to apply this with

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hands down my favorite gel eyeliner for my upper lids, will continue to repurchase this forever, can't c my self without this, gives great definition to the eye, i use my 263, 266 or 208 but prefer the 263 out of all and if it is too intense i smudge with my 219. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Rholynn

I use this with a loew cornell angled spotter brush....Magnificent results every time!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had people stop and ask me what eyeliner I use. This stuff is great. I know folks have had a hard time with it drying out...when I use it, I dip my brush in it and then put the pot down, top down, on my countertop...then turn it over if I need to dip again. I also store it upside down, which seems to help. Blacktrack is deep,dark, perfect. HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by RaynaRawrXx

While I have this eyeliner and like it a lot, it is a bit pricey and there's a really good dupe for it, the L'Oreal HiP cream liner. It's basically the exact same thing but way cheaper and contains more product. So I would not buy this again just because the L'Oreal one is the exact same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG liner. There are a few reviews here that complain about smudging, but I've never had smudging... unless I rubbed my eye where the liner was. It always looks fantastic when I wear it and it's incredibly easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like it, it's easy to spread and apply if you have MAC's brush 263, it gives you a matte look (don't like shimmery eyeliner) and you can also wear it as eyeshadow. A little expensive but it stays intact for 15 hours, and that little container's got a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by blackdove724

My go to liner I LOVE this liner!!! It doesn't smudge a milimeter and it lasts forever! Application is smooth and consistant, and is easily removed. It is a great flat black liner for you eye. This was my first fluid liner, and I now have gotten several more and have yet to be disappointed with any of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by theblackrabbitofinle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if it's just me, but despite all the great reviews on this product, I am not 100% satisfied. When I think of eyeliner, I have 2 concerns: 1) applicability and 2) how long it lasts without smudging. Here were my results after wearing this for 6 hours:

1) applicability - this eyeliner is very easy to apply using a hairliner or small angled brush. It goes on smooth. A little of it goes a long way. And it dries fairly quickly.

2) how long it lasts - not the best in this category. I wore it for 6-7 hours. Although, MACs website claims that this is smudgeproof, it isn't. When I came back home, there was some smudging.

My conclusion is this. I can achieve the same effect with the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner, which is also cheaper and will last much longer with no smudging. If you are going to use this for a couple of hours, it might be fine. But, if you are one of those people that wants the makeup to look immaculate even after 6 hours of wear, do not waste your money.