April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by hairxcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ended up buying this, just because I was curious about it, & I ended up hating it.
First off, i'm allergic to it, & got really bad pink eye which resulted in a bad trip to the hospital, which was very traumatizing.
Second, even if I wasn't allergic to it, it smudged just as bad as my other liners, except it was harder to get off because it was waterproof.
So, despite all of the good reviews, I did not like this at all....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

I am very impressed by this product. It is extemely long lasting. When i wear it i do not have to worry about retouching my eyelinner, like i do with blush, lipstick, powder, etc... It is very nice and easy to work with. It is not my everyday liner because i have the pen liquid liner from MAC and that one is quicker for me in the mornings. The pen liquid is my HG liner from MAC. But this one is amazing as well. I use this one on the weekends, or when i am going out and taking time to do my makeup really nice :) If you are into Gel liners, i will highly recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by yellowstripes

My absolute favorite eyeliner.
It's easy to apply (I use an angled eyeliner brush)
Long lasting (and almost waterproof)
Great colour
Versatile (can go top or bottom w/o smudging)
LOADS of product inside. This will last you a long, long time, I guarantee.

Worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by carebear413

I came to give a review on this because I've been testing another gel liner and been making comparisons. Honestly this is one of the best fluidliners out there. It doesnt even compare with Stila smudgepot or Smashbox's gel liner.

this is great because
-it doesnt dry as fast as Stila
-when u apply it, it doesnt flake like Stila
-when u apply it, the color payoff is better than Smashbox's
-it stays on better than smashbox
and
-it is not as pricey as Stila's

I have my fluidline for about 2 yrs andddd im near the end of the pot and it has proven to me it that it has lived its time.
I barely used and opened the Stila smudgepot anddddd it's DRY and flakey. IT even HURTS to apply since the flakes get onto my eyes.

Hope this helps. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by threeghostsinalighthouse

Let me start out by saying that this is my top choice for eyeliner, ever. My friend recommended it to me when I was complaining about how I hated sharpening pencils and how they'd irritate my eyes. I tried some of hers and was amazed by how easily and gently it glided on. I went out and bought a container of it. I've used it just about everyday for a year, and I still have a little less than half of the container. Its well worth the price, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite gel eyeliners. I also use it on lids as a base. It stays on, doesn't smudge. I even use it on my waterline when I want color that stays put. It lasts for a long time. Be careful to close the jar real tight, it can get dry. This got to be one of MAC best products.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great! Very easy to use and a little goes an extremely long way. It doesn't come with a brush, but you do not need to purchase a mac brush to get good results. I purchased a liner brush from walmart for about 4 dollars in one of the makeup isles. It also lasts a long time. I've had it for about 2 months and use it almost every day. I've barely made a dent!

Also, the staying power of this eyeliner is okay. I have oily eyelids so the corner of my eyes are constantly smudged and needs touching up within an hour. Perhaps if you didn't have greasy lids, this would be perfect for you!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

this product wasn't creamy or dark enough for me. I found myself having to dip the brush into the jar quite often to get an opaque black line. Even then sometimes it just wouldn't show up as deep black. For me the HIP cream liner in black works a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

I love this eyeliner so much. I've been using it since high school because a friend gave it to me for my birthday, and I've been using it ever since. It gives the perfect line and I get many compliments on my eyeliner all of the time. I also got so many of my friends to use this because it's easy to use. I used to use a pencil, but it hurts my eyes, just rubbing it back and forth. With Fluidline, it goes on smooth and stays for so long. I never have a problem with it smudging which is awesome! I recommend this to anyone looking for a really good eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kim5061

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found my HOLY GRAIL eyeliner. I honestly never want to use another eyeliner as long as I live. I was using L'Oreal HIP cream liner, and it is NOTHING compared to this! I've just tried it for the first time and I'm promptly getting rid of the HIP liner. Blacktrack is true black, it stays put, and best of all, is super creamy. Overall, it is amazing.