November 26, 2014 | 930 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by December1220

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good fluid eyeliner, but the major problem is that it drys out way tooooooo fast. i had it for like two weeks and already the texture is getting really hard. no longer smooth :( don't waste your money.
i will not but again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by yobay3

It's so sad to see so many bad reviews for this product but it has not drastically effected the overall rating :) This is my HG eyeliner times a millllllion! Lets start with the price, 15. Well it pays for itself. I used to use my drugstore maybelline waterliner and other product for 5 years around $7 every two months; sometimes every month. I use this everyday and I'm still haven't finish this product. It has been since June '08 that my sister-in-law introduce this to me. And thank her! Ten months of use! I used it on my waterline also since March. So that's alot of use. Its easy to apply with my 266 but any angled brush will do to achieve the cateye. I wanted to make an even cateye between both eyes but had trouble which is why she recommended it to me and gave me her spares :) It gives a precise line. I mean I haven't had a problem with it drying up. But I've made a habit to have it slightly close while applying. You have to make sure you screw it correctly when placing it storage as well. The thick glass can only keep so much air out unless you do it properly. But if yours has dried up, use Mac Fix+ and that definitely solves problems with cream products that have dried up (i.e. paint pots also). My cousin's fluidline dried up with a crack right through, one squirt! And it's just like new. It's staying power is good up until you're right at the end of the product which is where I am at. But 9 months of good, definitely tops it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my third jar of Blacktrack. I started wearing this product the moment MAC introduced the line. It may take a little practice if you are not used to applying liner using a brush, but once you master it... it's all good! The color is JET black which I love. Once applied the liner will dry and stay there until you take it off. It applies smoothly and quickly. It's wonderful. I used to only line the upper lids as a rookie, but now I also line my lower lids. I like to apply this product with my MAC brush 266. Though it can be a little pricey, the little glass jar will last very long time. Also sometime you can luck up and find it at the CCO for around $11.00. But just beware ladies... If the top is left off for an extended period of time.... It may crack and dry out. Keep the lid on tight !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by catherine112

this stuff stays on no matter what! Rich in color, creamy, tiny pot goes a long way. Takes time to master applying it on with a brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I like this e/l, it's heavy duty and won't budge- great for nights out, more formal occasions. I would wear it more often but I don't wear black every day. I also don't think it's the blackest liner out there at all.The other thing is that this product dries up big time. I don't know why but my other fluidlines don't dry up like this. Maybe I didn't shut the lid tight enough at one point or I've had it too long. It could probably be remedied by adding water or mineral oil or something (Haven't tried either), I just wish it was as "gel" like as it used to be, or like my others!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using this gel e/l for a long time and i love it..
i can't live without this e/l.. the staying power is great. love it for tightlining too.. it does last on my waterline as well. i like to apply this stuff with either the free Red Earth e/l brush i got or MAC #231.
Packaging: nice. it's in a pot.
Price: reasonable
Color: duh, solid flat black
Would i buy this again? yep, can't live without this stuff.

UPDATE: i lowered to 4 stars..because i love BB Black Ink so much more than Blacktrack & i wont repurchase..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by DistortedDaytime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is THE best eyeliner I've ever used - Trust me, I'ved used many and none of them are as good as this!

With the angle brush, it glides on so smoothly without having to use a lot of the product. I only dipped it once and already half of my eyelid was covered!

It doesn't smudge, it lasts long and the colour was INTENSE~! It's so fun to apply too :D

I really recommend this product if you're going for the winged eye look or the full eyelid/gothic look.

I'd definitely buy this product again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupjadore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

- This is my holy grail liner. I use it almost daily on my top lid to do a winged eye.

- The packaging is nice and small, however you do need to be sure that is completely closed to avoid drying. Also, I put the lid on when I am applying it (to prevent as much air from going in).

- The application is amazing, very smooth and glides right on. You don't need a lot of product. I apply it with a mac 208 (or any small angled brush)

- While the price may be considered a bit high, I've had mine since last July; it has not dried out and I still have a lot of product left in the jar.

- Lastly, the fluidline stays on all day long. When I look at my eyes after an 8 hour work day, it is still as black as the morning (without smudges!) Not sure how well it works for more oily lids as mine tend to be normal-dry.

- I LOVE THIS STUFF, so glad I found it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by allisonkalea

Can't live without this. I get a perfect line every time that lasts all day on me, and sometimes all night if I forget to wash it off. I use a smashbox flat eyeliner brush with this and its great. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by fudgebrownie19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best damn gel eyeliner out there. Forgot to take it off while working out and then swimming, and it still hung on. No smudging, no running, no cracking. This stuff rocks. :)