Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/31/2009 8:16:00 AM

After hearing so many great great benefits about "Philosphy" on Tv and magazines. I decided to give it a try. I bought the product from Sephora. It was pretty expensive, comparing to my other cleaners. I absolutely love this product. I usually wear make-up to work. 9-5pm. So, I wanted a product that can melt away and remove all the impurities on my face.. AND its beyond my expectations. Now, I have dry and combination skin. So, its great for me.

However, my friend also bought this product. She has very dry skin and she said the cleanser didn't do anything for her skin.

I would recommend buying the small size first to see if your skin reacts to this product.

on 1/31/2009 7:42:00 AM

I've tried many different kinds of cleaners and nothing removes my makeup like this product does. I probably only use about a nickel size amount... a little goes a long way for me with it. It really melts away my mascara too. The only downfall on this is the medicated-like smell. Other than that, yeah, I guess I'd buy this again.

on 1/30/2009 10:06:00 PM

Not the best, but by far not the worst! I have combination/acne prone skin (hormonal breakout, otherwise skin is generally clear) and it neither made me break out, but it didn't work any miracles either. It can be drying, especially if you apply the Philosophy acne serum afterwords! You're definitely going to need a moisturizer right after if you use this. I don't like to apply a moisturizer at night so I decided to move on to something else!

on 1/30/2009 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so disappointed that I didn't discover this earlier! Well I guess thats what happens when you live in Australia. O/S products like this aren't that available and can be very expensive. Think this was about $45 for 8oz.
It is so worth it though. I've always had acne prone skin and eczema on top of that. So my skin is very dry and flaky if I use drying products which are usually marketed for acne prone skin.
A few days after I started using this, my flaky winter skin on my forehead, which just would not go away with any amount of skin scrubs and moisturizer, suddenly disappeared!
This stuff works wonders for me. My skin has never felt so soft and clear. Seriously, the worst thing you can do for acne prone skin is use harsh, drying chemical filled products on you skin. Its better to have a really simple routine with a mild cleaner and moisturizer. I've had 15 years of acne and have tried everything!
This stuff is amazing.

on 1/30/2009 1:21:00 PM

i tried this for the first time recently because i had a sample. i work at a qvc call center and get discounts but i really dislike all of the philosophy fragrances so i never cared to try their skincare.

i'm really glad i tried this. i've been using aveeno for the past year or so but it always left something to be desired. i've been using purity with my clarisonic for the past few days and my skin feels better. not a huge difference, but enough of one that i'm ok paying the price for it. it removes my makeup well and it doesn't dry me out.

i don't like the bottle, though. i've had a few other philosophy products like the 3-in-1 shower products (which i'm not too fond of) and the bottle they come in is just too hard. it makes it nearly impossible for me to get the remaining product out when it really gets down to it because i have small, weak hands. i think this will last me a long time, though.

on 1/29/2009 11:46:00 AM

It is not the best in the world. After a few days it started drying my skin out and although I do not have dry skin whatsoever, I ended up with flaky patches on my forehead. Also, though I applied it really carefully, I always found make-up marks on my towels and I apply rather light makeup. As with most Philosophy products, it is mostly over-hyped and not quite what you'd expect it to be. I gave this away and went back to Nude's Cleansing Oil.

on 1/29/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Better than most cleansers. Have yet to find perfection but this is close.

on 1/28/2009 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used a sample of this cleanser after testing out all kinds of makeup on the back of my hand at Sephora and was so impressed with the results that I bought the trial size to try on my face. Well, I've repurchased several times with the bottles getting bigger and bigger each time! It is very gentle yet effective and rinses off easily, leaving my face clean but not stripped. I use it in the morning before Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (can't get that stuff too close to the eye area) and after removing my makeup with MAC Cleanse Off Oil at night but this cleanser is wonderful on it's own as I've discovered if I'm lazy, rushed or traveling.

on 1/25/2009 4:11:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It's not over drying and really removes all traces of makeup and dirt.

on 1/24/2009 12:14:00 PM

I LOVE this. My HG, i'm never using anything else. It is wonderful for my acne prone,sensitive skin. I use the foaming version at night.

love love love.