Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great, non drying cleanser choc full of lots of essential oils and other goodies to gently remove makeup and impurities without over-drying skin or disrupting the natural acid mantle or PH of the skin. I've been using this for years and just purchased a huge 16 oz bottle which I am hoping will last me a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE IT! Gets every speck of make-up off (even waterproof mascara almost!), doesn't break me out at all, not drying, keeps skin from getting congested.

EDIT!!!!! Bad bad bad! Clogged my pores like crazy. I think the abundance of natural oils did it. They are still oils even if they are natural

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

As far as I'm concerned, any cleanser you can pick up at the drugstore does the same kind of job as this product. It cleans and that's it. Certainly not worth the price. I guess I was expecting a lot more considering everything I've read about it. I am glad I tried it though...now I can check it off my list of wants.

Update: Well I persevered with this product and I have to say...this cleanser has made a world of difference to my skin. I have repurchased since my original review. It makes my skin soft and it has helped with unclogging my pores. It does a great job of removing makeup as well! Seriously...this is a wonder product for me!

I'm sure there's a less-expensive drugstore cleanser out there that would be comparable to this - but I haven't found it, and the money I've wasted trying would probably have bought me a lifetime supply of Purity...
I love this cleanser. I have sensitive skin that tends toward dryness, and wear eye makeup every day. This is the only cleanser I've found that completely removes all my makeup with one application (WP mascara, even!), rinses clean, and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. The scent is pleasant and not overwhelming. It hasn't caused my any issues or breakouts. It's amazing - because it does what it's supposed to, and nothing else. If only all skincare products were like that...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been wanting to try this cleanser after seeing it advertised on tv, and the reviews have been mixed with some loving and other disliking it. I got this cleanser in a kit (make up optional for congested skin). After using the cleanser for a week, my skin started breaking out with large cyst like pimples. I noticed that the majority of the ingredients seem to be oils? My skin in combination to oily, so please I do not need any more added oils which I feel this was doing to my skin. I probably will not be purchasing anymore Philosophy products since I felt none of the items that came in the kits where all that great.

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have very oily skin and this is the perfect cleaner for my skin type. It also has a wonderful, clean, lemony scent and washes all makeup off, including eye makeup. I just wish it didn't cost so much, but it is worth it!

I bought the trial version off ebay and am glad I only got the small version. I didn't mind the smell, and like others said, it took off my makeup, (still needed to use eye makeup pads to remove my eyeliner though) but after several days I started developing bad, painful acne. Have not used it since and my skin is still recovering ( a week has past )

This is THE best face wash I have ever used. It makes my face so incredibly soft and so clean. I noticed my skin "glows" more now AND I haven't had a single break out since I began using it. Although it is pricey, it is definitely worth it. The smell is quite nice, too.

I love this product! It is a great end of the day cleanser as it truly gets off any remaining makeup that my makeup remover did not get. I love this and it leaves my skin so clean and soft. Will def be buying again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only cleanser I have found that truly removes all makeup.I have sensitive skin & it has never irritated it.I always go back to purity after I have the need to try something new.QVC has the best value.