Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/8/2009 2:51:00 PM

It's just OK; I probably won't buy it again, but I'll finish the bottle I have now.

A bunch of my friends are really into Philosophy products, so it's nice to come here and see that I'm not the only one who isn't having much luck with them--I think I'm done with Philosophy!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I am going to start off by saying I have insane overreactive skin ( i reacted to cetaphil cleanser)... It started two years ago when I got prego and never abated like it was supposed too--lucky me! So i have tried so many things, weirdly enough it is mostly cleansers that i have a reaction too. I have gone back to this a few times over the years because I really like how it cleanses my skin-- I use it day and night with my clarisonic and it does foam very nicely with my clari (heart) the only thing i dont like is the scent-- I know, i know (frag free) but technically it's not!! So that would be my only complant. So far so good, I just started using it again a week ago so we will see--but so far I am liking it again

on 2/7/2009 4:49:00 PM

This cleanser actually does what it says on the bottle. My face never dries out from this product and cleans my pores for an overall fresh face. No harsh smells or chemicals either which is a plus.

on 2/5/2009 10:52:00 PM

LOVE LOVE this..HG cleanser for sure. This takes off everything (maybe not all heavy mascara) leaves your skin clean and fresh. No toner needed. I use this with the Clarisonic and they both have changed my skin. Best cleanser for my combo/dry skin.

on 2/1/2009 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to daily cleanser that lives in my shower, but often travels to the bathroom counter as well. I find that it cleans pretty well, but I still have to use eye make-up remover to get completely rid of the oil spill under my eyes after wearing mascara.

It seems slightly drying, but as long as I remember my moisturizer, I don't have any issues.

I appreciate the lack of packaging--I'm a bit of a package-phobe. I always feel like my trash takes a big hit after a trip to the beauty counter with all of the boxes within boxes within wraps and plastics and more boxes and instruction sheets and ads.

on 2/1/2009 4:22:00 AM

AMAZING!!!!!!
I have normal to combination skin, so I don't know how this product would work for those of you with acne/oily or really dry skin.
I use this product in the evenings to take off my makeup and it really does "melt" it all away. A lot of times I find that cleansers won't completely wash away all my makeup, but this stuff definitely does!!
Doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry either. Love it!

on 1/31/2009 8:32:00 AM

I have used this product for a long time now, Once in a while I will try something else but always go back to this one. It really does clean my skin and remove my makeup very well. If you find it to be to drying you are probably leaving it on to long. Leave it on no more then 30 seconds. Less if that still drys your skin out. But dont give up on it. Also if you break out dont just sit the product down and walk away. It is a deep cleanser and it gets down deep so you are going to break out some but after a few days your skin should calm back down if not thats when you should stop using it.

on 1/31/2009 8:16:00 AM

After hearing so many great great benefits about "Philosphy" on Tv and magazines. I decided to give it a try. I bought the product from Sephora. It was pretty expensive, comparing to my other cleaners. I absolutely love this product. I usually wear make-up to work. 9-5pm. So, I wanted a product that can melt away and remove all the impurities on my face.. AND its beyond my expectations. Now, I have dry and combination skin. So, its great for me.

However, my friend also bought this product. She has very dry skin and she said the cleanser didn't do anything for her skin.

I would recommend buying the small size first to see if your skin reacts to this product.

on 1/31/2009 7:42:00 AM

I've tried many different kinds of cleaners and nothing removes my makeup like this product does. I probably only use about a nickel size amount... a little goes a long way for me with it. It really melts away my mascara too. The only downfall on this is the medicated-like smell. Other than that, yeah, I guess I'd buy this again.

on 1/30/2009 10:06:00 PM

Not the best, but by far not the worst! I have combination/acne prone skin (hormonal breakout, otherwise skin is generally clear) and it neither made me break out, but it didn't work any miracles either. It can be drying, especially if you apply the Philosophy acne serum afterwords! You're definitely going to need a moisturizer right after if you use this. I don't like to apply a moisturizer at night so I decided to move on to something else!