Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/30/2009 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so disappointed that I didn't discover this earlier! Well I guess thats what happens when you live in Australia. O/S products like this aren't that available and can be very expensive. Think this was about $45 for 8oz.
It is so worth it though. I've always had acne prone skin and eczema on top of that. So my skin is very dry and flaky if I use drying products which are usually marketed for acne prone skin.
A few days after I started using this, my flaky winter skin on my forehead, which just would not go away with any amount of skin scrubs and moisturizer, suddenly disappeared!
This stuff works wonders for me. My skin has never felt so soft and clear. Seriously, the worst thing you can do for acne prone skin is use harsh, drying chemical filled products on you skin. Its better to have a really simple routine with a mild cleaner and moisturizer. I've had 15 years of acne and have tried everything!
This stuff is amazing.

on 1/30/2009 1:21:00 PM

i tried this for the first time recently because i had a sample. i work at a qvc call center and get discounts but i really dislike all of the philosophy fragrances so i never cared to try their skincare.

i'm really glad i tried this. i've been using aveeno for the past year or so but it always left something to be desired. i've been using purity with my clarisonic for the past few days and my skin feels better. not a huge difference, but enough of one that i'm ok paying the price for it. it removes my makeup well and it doesn't dry me out.

i don't like the bottle, though. i've had a few other philosophy products like the 3-in-1 shower products (which i'm not too fond of) and the bottle they come in is just too hard. it makes it nearly impossible for me to get the remaining product out when it really gets down to it because i have small, weak hands. i think this will last me a long time, though.

on 1/29/2009 11:46:00 AM

It is not the best in the world. After a few days it started drying my skin out and although I do not have dry skin whatsoever, I ended up with flaky patches on my forehead. Also, though I applied it really carefully, I always found make-up marks on my towels and I apply rather light makeup. As with most Philosophy products, it is mostly over-hyped and not quite what you'd expect it to be. I gave this away and went back to Nude's Cleansing Oil.

on 1/29/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Better than most cleansers. Have yet to find perfection but this is close.

on 1/28/2009 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used a sample of this cleanser after testing out all kinds of makeup on the back of my hand at Sephora and was so impressed with the results that I bought the trial size to try on my face. Well, I've repurchased several times with the bottles getting bigger and bigger each time! It is very gentle yet effective and rinses off easily, leaving my face clean but not stripped. I use it in the morning before Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (can't get that stuff too close to the eye area) and after removing my makeup with MAC Cleanse Off Oil at night but this cleanser is wonderful on it's own as I've discovered if I'm lazy, rushed or traveling.

on 1/25/2009 4:11:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It's not over drying and really removes all traces of makeup and dirt.

on 1/24/2009 12:14:00 PM

I LOVE this. My HG, i'm never using anything else. It is wonderful for my acne prone,sensitive skin. I use the foaming version at night.

love love love.

on 1/24/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received a sample of this and only used it once, so I can't speak on the long term results....however, my skin felt tight and dry immediately after using this. I don't like it. I don't like the smell and I can't believe it made my fairly oily skin feel so dry. I'm back to my Chanel cleanser. It's more expensive but at least it smells nice and makes my skin feel good.

on 1/22/2009 11:45:00 AM

When I first got this, I thought it was amazing stuff. It made my skin feel good and I like the lemony scent. However, it contains Sodium Trideceth Sulfate. After a while it gave my skin the texture of an orange peel and I think it is because of that chemical. I also stopped using their face lotions. So lately I've been washing my face with just water and moisturizing. I'm trying to get my skin back to its normal state. I believe the foaming cleanser does not contain this chemical so I would be tempted to try that instead.

on 1/21/2009 11:19:00 AM

Philosophy Purity is the best facial cleanser I have used. There are others that I also use that I like almost as well but this is my favorite because...It removes ALL makeup including waterproof mascara, foundation, shadow and eyeliner. It's so easy and simple to use and that is why it's my go-to cleanser for a busy schedule. When I use a toner after cleansing with it, there is no residue on the cotton ball. Unlike some of the other reviewers I have not had a problem with it drying my skin. I do use a good moisturizer afterwards, though...Hope in a Bottle for daytime and various others for night, including Murad, Clinique and Perricone M.D. products. For me, it works great!