November 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by V4Valkyrie

This is definitely my HG cleanser/makeup remover. I find that buying the 32oz version with the pump on QVC.com is the best deal there is on this product. I use this every morning and night. It removes all of my eye makeup and even mascara with a little rubbing. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and clean, never dry. I have been using this for years, and have converted my friends to this as well. It is unbelievable because it feels so gentle on my skin, but does a great job of removing all of my makeup. I find that this cleanser also works great with my Clarisonic.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Petalofarose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have excellent skin and when I got a sample of PURITY I thought it would just enhance my skin. PURITY got my skin the cleanest of any cleanser, as evidenced by a clean astringent sponge BUT it caused my combination skin to become VERY oily. My face is now broken out. I ended up throwing the sample of PURITY away.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 10:20:00 AM More reviews by TammieK

I get this in the huge 32 oz pump bottles from QVC and I love it. It takes off all my makeup and doesn't dry my skin out or make it all flakey. In other words, it's pretty gentle. One lippie off for the odd smell. At first I liked it. Now it bugs me a little. Not enough to stop using it though. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by dharbo

I just can't get past the medicine smell this has. It's too strong. Although it says it a 4in1, makeup remover;cleanser;toner;hydrator, it made my skin dry and itchy afterwards. I do have to say that it does melt makeup and doesn't sting my eyes. But I love using toners. I use Cliniques #2 toner and I could still see dirt on the cotton ball. Just didn't work on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Lissie24

I loved this product when I was pregnant! I had gorgeous skin (for the first and last time of my life) and I credited it to this cleanser. However, now that I'm not pregnant, it breaks me out terribly! I know this works for a lot of people, so if it does, good for you! However, if you are using this and breaking out and don't know why, you might want to take a closer look at this cleanser. I will give it snaps where it is due--this is the BEST makeup remover I've ever tried!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I did use up a whole bottle of this, but it didn't WOW me. It's a nice cleanser. I liked that the smell was mild and that the formula was mild, but it didn't accomplish anything remarkable for me. I didn't feel like I got less acne because of it, and it definitely did not do anything for my blackheads. I got the best results when I mixed it with Soapalaya Soaps cleansing grains (soapalayasoaps.etsy.com), but have since discovered that the Purity honestly didn't make that much of a difference, so I'm only using the cleansing grains now.

Also, I feel like the soap in the cleansing grains, Bar Naked, does a much better job of removing makeup/residue without stripping skin than Purity does. I always still had stuff on my cottonpad when I applied toner with purity. If I was really well with the cleansing grains, I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found my perfect face cleanser! I have dry combination skin - and this product works wonders. It removes all my makeup, and doesn't give me that squeaky-clean-stripped-tight feeling. It is hydrating and gentle, and very faintly scented. This is the perfect daily cleanser for me.

However, if you have oily or acne-prone skin, I would definitely not recommend this, as I believe the creaminess might make you break out even more - go for the foam formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I reviewed this a few years ago and I had to rewrite it entirely. My opinion of this cleanser has completely changed for the better. Back then I gave this two lippies. My skin at the time was much more sensitive. I suspect hormones played a role in that as I was going through a lot at the time. I was having breakouts and I had to be super careful about what I used on my skin. I remember my first experience with Purity resulted in me dismissing it as just another product that broke me out. Now, I have given it another try after receiving it in a Philosophy Skincare set for Christmas. Now I can't get over how wonderful this is! It removes makeup like a dream! It does NOT leave my skin with blemishes. I find it doesn't give me any issues with dryness that many reviewers have mentioned. I love the creamy/milky texture and how smooth it feels on my skin when I'm cleansing. It removes every trace of makeup on my skin as well as heavy duty mascara! I use this and then follow with my Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner and Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer. My skin looks beautiful and the texture has become smoother. Prior to using this again, I had been bouncing around from one makeup-removing wipe to the next. Then I would cleanse and my makeup still wasn't removed entirely! Purity truly makes it a one step process and for that I am genuinely grateful. I feel like I'm being much gentler and kinder to my skin because I no longer tug and pull at it with wipes. Now I'm not as worried about premature wrinkling due to all of the roughness. I will be using this as long as they make it. Holy Grail product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this, my skin can be oily on the t zone and very dry on my cheeks so a lot of cleaners can be too harsh and drying. Purity made simple cleanses my skin without drying it out or causing break outs. It lasts for ages and is very easy to use. I've noticed since I've starting using this a lot less blocked pores on my nose and less blackheads. Lots of people comment on the smell but I really don't notice it much. I will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by chrissyisahermit

This is 1/2 the reason my skin is "good". I used to break out horribly, so much so that my dermatologist wanted me on pills and $50 prescription face wash. Then I got a sample of this. My expectations were low and I was scared b/.c it contains trace amounts of dreaded oils. After much unnecessary self torture I tried it and have never looked back. My skin cleared up and really benefited from the hydrating aspects since most face washes for acne tend to over dry the skin. The other half of "my now good skin equation" is bare esscentuals foundation. I know that it's easy to have a bad exp with that makeup b/c application is diff then most and the correct color and undertone is crucial. I recommended this face wash to other women with acne so bad you wouldn't believe and their faces cleared up too so it's not just me. It's my HG of all HG products.
It's also well priced and gets all makeup off except eye stuff but whatever