December 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second time giving Purity a chance. I have been using Mary Kay Time Wise cleanser in the bar formula in the morning, but wanted a different night time cleanser. I decided after looking at other reviews to give this cleanser a chance. I not pleased with the scent, but its not awful and I have a very sensitive nose. It does foam when you use a brush. I use the $5 face brush from Sephora. My skin feels clean and looks a little brighter after washing my face. It does leave behind a very thin film on your skin, but I think it like a type of moisturizer. I like it. It does not affect the rest of my product applications. I have normal skin that tends to be a little on the dry side and I do suffer with dermititis. So I have to be very careful because products will break out my skin easily. Normally within the 1st day or two. I have been using this for a week with no problems. I removes all traces of makeup. (not eye m/u) and its also a good brush cleaner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Like many other reviewers, I use this at night. First I remove my eye makeup with Neutrogena Makeup Removing Pads (which work much better than the reviews would let on, at least for me), then I rub some almond oil into my face. This removes most of makeup and any other eye makeup that remains. Then I use Purity Made Simple with the Clarisonic...my skin is GORGEOUS now, no lie...(:
And no, it doesn't feel like it removes all your makeup if you use it without a skin brush, like the Clarisonic, but nothing ever comes off on a toner pad...so I would def. recommend this...also it doesn't dry your face out like some other cleansers that are supposed to remove all your makeup...give it a try, they sell little sample bottles of it at sephora for just a few dollars...and if you don't like it, you can always return it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by xmikix

This product is very gentle, and i have not found another replacement which is just as good. Very good for combination skin, it clears the oil off my T-zone, and keeps my dry patches normal (surprisingly). Nice texture and smell, doesn't foam (and its not supposed to, there is another version of this that does, but is for oily skin).

I always try different cleansers from different brands that were even more expensive and just didn't do the job and i always end up going back to this one. I'm not really a fan of any of their other products, but this one has got to be the best of this brand. Its been my lifesaver, especially when i have had allergic reactions to many different brands, and had to wash the stuff off my face with purity to calm my skin. It doesn't clog my pores, it keeps my skin beautifully firm, soft and moisturized. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by greentealeaf

I have sensitive, combination skin. I was breaking out around my chin (both bumps and acne). I could not get rid of the bumps and I tried the Neutrogena acne line (the one with the cleanser, bpo, & sunscreen) and they still would not go away!

I bought this (the small size) just to try it (I had read about it). I use it once a day (at night) and it's gotten rid of the bumps and helped keep the acne away. It has also helped a bit with fine lines on my face and my face appears 'brighter'.

The only con I can come up with is the smell. It is very 'herbally' and 'hippy-ish'. I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by loved

At first I was disappointed. It's low foaming (unless you use a face brush), and doesn't strip your skin and has oils to condition your skin so upon initial use, you wonder, "what exactly is this doing to my skin? It doesn't seem like it's doing anything." But that's the point. It doesn't do what the drugstore cleansers do that we're used to. It doesn't dry out your skin, it doesn't irritate your eyes, it doesn't cause sensitive skin to flare up and cause problems throughout the day. It has a delicate scent. It washes off completely and there's no need to tone afterwards. Moisturizer is optional, depending on skin-type and what kind of day I'm having. It washes off makeup nicely but not waterproof mascara. That's the only disappointment. This is no guarantee that it'll work for everybody but that's what return policies are for.

ETA: I now use this after shampooing and it really helps with volume and softness. It's also great as a body wash to get rid of the dirt and grime around those difficult places - behind the ears, under the arms, etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:58:00 AM More reviews by nfreiheit

This product is anything but pure and clean.

Yes, it foams, a lot, but it contains a ton of irritating ingredients, including: lemon extract, orange extract, pepper extract, sage oil, cinamomium oil, etc, etc, etc.

People flock into Sephora who say they have "sensitive skin" and want to use this product. This is not for sensitive skin. Nor should it be used near the eyes or to remove eye makeup.

This really isn't a great facewash. To make it smell good, philosophy compromised the product. Too many of the ingredients in Purity should never touch facial skin.

Much gentler, "purer" cleansers include Cetaphil's and Clinique's Mild one.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this because it smells lovely and my skin felt fresh right after using it but it made me break out BADLY. My sister had a similar experience with it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm so glad I found this product. I can't say enough good things about it. In short, it removes every trace of makeup on my face without making my skin feel dried out. It's a gentle cleanser and smells wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Purity is my HG Cleanser. Why you may ask? Well..

-it gets ALL my makeup off, no joke. that includes foundation and waterproof eye mascara/liner.

-doesn't not leave my skin stripped of it's natural oils. (i have combo skin)

-love love love the cute packaging in all it's simplicity.

-lasts forever. (you will need about 1.oz per week. only 1.oz!!

Have already repurchased after gettting the deluxe sample from Sephora. Note: Even if you have oily skin, I suggest you try the regular version first instead of the foaming one which CAN be a bit drying (like all foaming cleansers). Give this a try, what's to lose?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Justify_my_Love

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried a bottle of this a few months ago after hearing so much about it and reading positive reviews. My first thoughts about it were that it was a decent makeup remover and cleanser. But it isn't a particularly good eye makeup remover (it did not "melt away" my mascara), it has a funky pepper- herbal scent that I can't stand, and it irritated my skin (my skin is not sensitive btw). I experienced some redness and bumps within a week of using it regularly. However, skincare is subjective. This may be your holy grail product. If you want to try this, try the small bottle of this for $10 before you commit to the bigger one :-)