Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/7/2009 5:25:00 PM

LOVe this clenase - the 32 oz lasts almost 2 years! PLUS, it removes eye make-up, too. SO soft & creamy...

on 3/7/2009 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this for removing makeup. I use it in the morning and at night. It's my favorite cleanser since I don't have to worry about lots of steps. I also like how it doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it really soft. I haven't really noticed a big difference in my skin though.

on 3/1/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do like this product. However, it is not strong and i do not feel that it does much cleaning. It is very natural and is great if you are looking for a gentle and mild cleanser. It is a little pricy though. But, overall, it is great. I love philosophy brand.

on 2/27/2009 2:05:00 PM

I have used and loved this for four years. It is great cause its a general cleanser, makeup remover, and toner all in one. If you are looking for a STRONG acne cleanser however this is not for you.

on 2/25/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my 10th plus bottle. I originally purchased and tossed because I couldn't get used to non-foaming cleanser. Since I wear heavy foundation daily, I tried again. Here's my routine: I pour about a teaspoon into palm and massage directly onto my dry, full makeup face for about 30 seconds. Then I add a little water and massage again for 30 seconds. This definitely loosens all the makeup, even eye makeup. Rinse and then repeat this time with a wet face. Since I only use 2 teaspoons nightly, the 8oz bottle will last me 2 and 1/2 months. If I wear heavier foundation I have to use a little more cleanser. I will not change cleansers as long as this is working and helping me stay acne free.

on 2/25/2009 9:46:00 PM

My skin had been getting the January blahs - regular Purpose cleanser was keeping it clear-ish but it just didn't look great, if you know what I mean. It was dull and bumpy. I found a (very, I haven't used this regularly since at least 2005) old bottle of this in my closet and decided to give it a go again. I'd used this for a couple of years in college, but being the product junkie I am I abandoned it for the next cleanser that caught my eye whenever I hit the drugstore. Well, going back to Purity was like going back to an old friend. I love the smell and the texture, and have found that I CAN get it to produce a milky foam if I wet both face and hands and emulsify in my hands first before applying. But the biggest surprise of all to me is that my skin looks really, really, REALLY good. Even during a bout of debilitating stomach flu recently, my face looked pale but not the slightly broken-out grab bag it usually is. My pores are looking smaller, and the bumps under my skin are slowly but surely going away. Some of the credit for this probably goes to figuring out that silicones make me break out and switching my moisturizer as well, to be fair, but I am happily surprised by how well Purity is working out for me lately. I look at my skin in the mirror now and smile. Considering less than a year ago I was fighting cystic acne, that ain't bad! Price is too high and the top of my bottle broke, but considering how long a big bottle lasts and the performace, I'll deal. Would rec. to others. Everything breaks my skin out, but this actually improves it. Very happy. :)

on 2/25/2009 5:06:00 PM

I generally have normal skin and have never broken out because of a skin product before. This stuff gave me really bad cystic acne along my chin, on my temples, and as soon as i started seeing bumps on my cheeks i knew i had to throw it out. The smell is awful and the packaging is nothing special.

on 2/24/2009 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not too badly priced and you don't need much. Keeps my skin clean and blemish free.

on 2/24/2009 12:03:00 AM

I bought the huge bottle of this from Nordstrom in the summer. I love this stuff. I used to use it and somehow got away from it and I am back again. It removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin fresh and clean. I really like the smell too. I will definitely get another huge bottle this summer!

on 2/22/2009 10:53:00 PM

i heard really good things about this product and how it realyl cleared up peoples skin but it didnt work at all for me. My skin had no change. It felt a little to gently for my skin .. didnt like it one bit