August 28, 2014 | 1671 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by holly222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this foundation a few times and its a nice foundation overall. Easy (ish) to apply, very good coverage and it really does stay put, I need an oil based makeup remover to get it off. The bottle it comes in is a glass bottle and I always pour too much out so I wish it was a pump dispenser. The only other problem I have with it is the colour, I buy the lightest shade going I think which is ecru, as I am really pale (nc15 or lighter), and it still looks orange on me, I find alot of foundations just dont go light enough. I get away with it as I just bronze up my neck but it does annoy me that such a large company cant cater for us pale faced chicks ha ha.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sarawrrxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute HG for my oily, acne prone skin!!!! I've tried so many foundations (Lancome Teint Idole, Shiseido Powdery, Rimmel Lasting, L'oreal True Match, Revlon CS, Revlon PR, Maybelline Age Rewind, Neutrogena Healthy Skin, etc.) and nothing can provide the coverage and lasting power of DW! I have lots of acne scarring left over from Revlon foundations and normally I would need to spot treat with concealer before foundation application but nope.. not with this foundation! A lot of people complain that this is too mask like but I think there's only minimal mask-like tendencies (in bright, natural sunlight maybe) but that usually happens with any foundation. It doesn't feel heavy on my face at all (maybe I'm just used to full coverage foundation?) and actually leaves a slight dewy finish on my face, which is rare for a long wear full coverage. With the way I apply, I'm normally oil slick by maybe 4 hours, but I get only a bit oily on the nose after 6 hours, which a little powder can easily fix. Great if you're oily and acne prone! Only con is you'll look stark white in flash photography... not a good look.
*** References: I'm NC30 Asian with slight yellow and I was matched with 2N1 Desert Beige (3N1 Ivory Beige when I'm tan).

Edit - My skin has gotten a lot better and I've found that I don't need this much coverage. I have switched to MUFE F&B and am in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MNohreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation truly stays long. Plus it provides good coverage.
I have dark spots on my cheeks so I used to have tendencies to overdo on foundation and concealers. But this one is amazingly light for its coverage.

Very Nice-

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was a very nice surprise! I normally seen would not buy a product like this, as I normally buy more expensive foundation. I am not a snob, but quality from pigments cost a lot and I am willing to pay much money for a foundation which looks fresh even after 10 hours.
I have used this product when my skin was in bad shape, as it is alike full coverage to me. I don't like to hide my skin, but this doesn't do that. I do not understand how sompthing with this coverage can look so natural! This is its biggist bonus. You get a lot of coverage and still you do like natural. I bought the color 'pebble' which is a cool color, good for my prone to redness skin. Another good point is that it stays,stays, stays. The color does not vire, does not get cackey, does not make pores look visible, doesn't slide of... I do not understand some reviews which are saying that it is matte and is a negative point. Those people need to go to school for basic things... Long holding make up as this need much powder in it to obtain a holding result. Holding glowy foundation does not exist, only when the product is loading with sparkles. If you do expect reasenable results: natural, long holding make up with no color change then this is your product. I do understand that this is a must have for make up artists. It's also a very 'old product' so it has proven what it's worht. And at this price... A+++ I do not have problems with the packeging... Put it upside down, place a finger on top, and you have the needed product!
This product needs because of how it works a primer, if you do not do that, it will make your skin dry (because of the powder in it), so dry skin (like mine) always need to use a primer with this. I use a glowy primer (currently the one from La Prairie) and the result is natural looking, slightly glowy, poreless, resistant skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it (with a primer)! UPDATE: very sad to say, but I get bumps on my skin... Even though I use oil cleanser, cleansing milk and lotion! Sad! Down two lippies...

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is actually pretty great if you know how to use it correctly. Remember to always set the foundation with a powder so it'll stay on longer! :) It's super super blendable, and light as air. You can barely feel it on your face, let alone at all. I used Revlon Colorstay before, but after I used this product, I just threw the Revlon away. This one works so much better. It covers imperfections very well, and it really DOES stay on for a quite a while. If you have dry skin, this isn't the foundation for you though. I'd go with a mousse type of foundation if I were you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by katieelixa

The best foundation i have tried as of yet! It helps cover my acne scars and pimples but doesn't clog my pores! (which i was concerned about as it is really thick.) The bottle is a bit of a pain as a bit goes a long way so you only need a small amount but i end up pouring out too much, would help if it had a pump! When you go to blend it on to your skin, you have to be quick, if you leave it to long it will start to dry and will be very hard to blend. Im guessing that has something to do with it being non transferable!
But i am willing to live with these few cons as long as my skin is looking good and airbrushed at the end of it :)
However, this stuff is pretty pricey so i couldn't keep paying for a bottle every month or so like i could with a drugstore foundation, so i keep it for special occasions when i want to look flawless :)
Overall, an amazing foundation for high coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lolipophavok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great if you want a full 15 hour wear foundation. There are many shades to choose from and advance-polymer technology help keep the foundation staying in place and provide water/sweat resistance. Estee Lauder claims that it is transfer resistant, but it definitely does transfer almost just as much as any other foundation that I've tried. Being that I have oily skin, I still have to touch it up throughout the day with a powder foundation. For women on the more dry side of the skin spectrum it can also be a bit drying at times causing blotchy marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by abcd989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been a member of MUA for a couple of years now and have never written a review. But I just feel I HAVE to for DW. It is absolutely FANTASTIC!! I have got sooo many different foundations, and this is the best hands down! I have had it for a few months now, at first I bought Fresco but then decided I wanted something more yellow, so I got Tawney. The coverage is amazing, and you can build it up too. I use EL daywear plus moisturiser underneath and these are a match made in heaven. It stays on all day long and need to wash the stuff off, does not change colour and looks fresh all day. I have got normal to combination skin, sometimes dry, but with the EL moisturiser it goes on a dream and I look flawless. Just wish I'd have had this foundation on my wedding day and not MAC studio fix which I find rubbish compared to DW. BUY IT GIRLS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by ambarlovesmakeup

This is no doubt my HG foundation! After trying so many foundations through the course of last year, I was so excited I finally found my match. It does last pretty much all day on me, a good 16 hrs after working all day as a medical assistant..running around all day, I have to give it the credit that it deserves. It is very blendable and easy to work with. The finish is amazing! Very matte and natural, which I know sounds crazy because it is a heavy coverage foundation but as long as you blend it well it looks great. They have a good verity of colors(I use 2W1 Sand) and its perfect! And if you do have any trouble finding the correct match you can always get it matched by the MUA in the EL counter, which helps.
I do use a good primer with it so that may help it last longer but I still LOVE it. The only down is that it is slightly expensive but I think that it is well worth it. For 33.00 dollars I believe I paid for it, in my mind it's not bad at all and with it a little goes a long way. My bottle last maybe 3-4 months and I use it DAILY and I do mean DAILY. Its definitly worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

I used Double Wear way back in 8th and 9th grade (I know, what was I thinking? Such heavy coverage!) The colour choice, first of all, is amazing. Back then I was NC25-30 so I had Sand. This gives full, matte coverage which is something that I sometimes want. It doesn't get oily or orange. At night, it requires a facial makeup remover to remove it.