October 1, 2014 | 993 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ginaleigh81

WOW...I have oily, blemished skin with visible pores and this foundation makes my skin look like porcelain! I'm still using the sample, so if it doesn't make me break out, I will definitely purchase the full bottle. Only downfall is that its a bit heavy and I can feel the makeup on my face...but that's usually with any foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by moloka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is perfect for busy days when you want to look your best all day long. it does what it says - it stays without needing reapplication. I don't use it everyday so I don't have problems with break out etc. I prefer Chanel vitaluminare or mat luminare for everyday use but I find the Chanel foundations just don't have the staying power of this. (ie; they are great for a 6-7 hr work day but not a work day + evening)
    Definately a fantastic foundation. i think its stay in place power is what causes breakouts in some people (but not me btw). I love the coverage and if I wear a good moisturizer underneath I have no problems with dry spots.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by haleyrenee3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this opposed to revlon's colorstay foundation..
    which i loved.. but broke me out.. but of course.
    this foundation broke me out just as bad.. it had awesome
    coverage and stayed on all day without getting oily..
    but it didn't just give me little pimples. they were big and hurtful.. i never get cystic pimples or whatever they are called.. EVER.. but with those two foundation.. literally.. it NEVER EVER fails..

so please.. don't waste your money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by asgarcia

I used this foundation for about a year & realized that it's a little too caky to wear everyday. I loved the way my face looked very clean & all my other makeup would stay on & look. However, it made me break out a lot, so I recently switched foundations. Now, after 2 weeks, I don't break out. I would recommend it for an evening out if you have lots of blemishes to cover up or need your makeup to last literally all day without reapplying, but not for everyday usage. A little goes a long way!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by sabbath12385

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved this foundation for so long, I had the lightest shade but eventually I noticed that it was making me look really orange and patchy through the day. I also found it really very drying particularly around the nose area and I think it made me break out. Ive stopped using it and my skin has never been better!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by hayles1105

This is THE best foundation ever! I'm quite fair and I find it difficult to get a good match for my skin...but this is perfect. I have tried so many foundations - some dry out my skin, others make it look greasy but this foundation is fantastic and feels lovely on - I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask but it gives great coverage. I LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After hearing all the raves and dishing out an exhuberant amount of money, I expected nothing short of fantastict out of this product. And indeed, I was very pleased with the results...the first day or two. The staying power was excellent, one didn't need to use concealer in conjunction with this product because of its' great coverage. It made my skin look smooth and flawless. Things were looking swell...then summer came around. The overly thick texture of the product made me break out and gave a sticky feeling to my skin. It also didn't last through the sweat/oil, and removing it was equally as nerve-wrecking- it doesn't even remove with anti-bacterial soap. I always say- if its worth spending on, spend wisely(don't spend too much on any one item). Testing this product confirmed just how right I was.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by unsp0kenwords

I've been using this foundation for a couple of days. So far, It's okay. The staying power is just simply fantastic. I love how it covers everything perfectly but yet looks natural. It's feels and looks light but the coverage is heavy (medium).The only thing that I didn't like about this foundation is that it's supposed to be buildable...but when I try to apply more foundation on top...it smudges the foundation I applied on the bottom and the whole makeup application looks uneven. I NEED coverage because I have blemishes and scarring, but when I try to build up more coverage, it just looks like I just took some water with a towel and smudged it off. And another thing is that the foundation dries very quickly, so you have to make sure you apply everything evenly before it dries.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm about half way through my 10 day trial of this product. At first, like many other reviewers, I got matched to the wrong shade. I am a MAC NC25 for reference and the MA put me in "Linen". It didn't look terrible on, but it was definitely too light and it aged me considerably. You could see the paler color settle in my pores and it created that dreaded "mask-like" appearance. I went back and got re-matched to "Dusk" which has pink tones but is a much better match to my skin. Overall, I think they have very weird color formulations and you need a MA who can break the "rules" to find you a shade that really works. I like the full coverage for evening out my red cheeks and covering my imperfections and I don't have to use a primer or a setting powder. Instead, I brush a little of the Dior Amber Shimmer (think that's the name) over the top and it looks less matte. This lasts all day on me and I recommend this for those who are looking for a made-up look. I will be purchasing a full-size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kiyyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG! I have very oily skin and this has been the only foundation that lasts all day and doesn't break me out. When I was on Accutane and had no oil on my skin I could wear this foundation for 20 hours without ever needing a touchup. Now that my skin is back to being very oily I just need to blot every 5-6 hours -- which is a lot less than most foundations I've tried. I apply it with a wet Beauty Blender and it makes my face look flawless.

I'm on my 6th bottle of this stuff and will continue to repurchase until they stop making it.