November 27, 2014 | 1514 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2035 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after a friend told me it would be a less expensive version of my beloved NARS sheer glow. I'm on the fence about this one. I love the packaging, mainly the pump. It has good coverage, but applying too much will make you look really overly done. Im not crazy about the finish, it's not bad but its not great either. It has a dewy finish, but it's somewhat cakey up close, so do not apply this with a heavy hand. I'll probably finish off the bottle, or give it to my sister since I tossed the sales slip. I guess nothing can replace my NARS...

Edit: I decided to give photoready another try since I only wore it once and then gave it away (plus I had a coupon). The first time I purchased photo ready 001 Ivory, which was too pink for my neutral skin tone, I decided this time to try 002 Vanilla. I AM IN LOVE! I brought this home and compared it to my NARS Sheerglow Siberia and they match perfectly. It must have been the coloring the first time because this looks so great on me and I am happier with the overall appearance of it. Although I am still a diehard NARS girl, this could definetly become a less expensive alternative to the sheerglow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by KatieG66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this foundation. It has good points and bad points. I have this in the color shell--a smart move after I initially bought the lightest shade and wound up looking like a corpse. I can't wear this foundation by itself. By itself, it highlights every single line and every single pore on my face. I didn't want to have to return it again, so I tried mixing it with a bottle of my Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in color Creamy Natural, and that seems to create a very nice foundation for my face. I get good coverage with them mixed and just a hint of glow. I figure I'll use this method till both bottles run out, afterwards I might give Colorstay a try, seeing as how everyone raves about it. I was disappointed because the packaging is great. I LOVE the pump--ds makeup brands need to get on the ball and give all foundations a pump like this one! So overall, I'm happy with it because I discovered a way to make it work for me, but at the same time it's annoying to have to mix it with another product in order to make it work. It sounds like Revlon needs to put the Colorstay foundation in the Photoready bottles and it would be the deal of a lifetime!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup does not compare to Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin. If you want a makeup that will emphasize every detail on your face, then this is the foundation for you. This makeup will highlight your blemishes and pores. The coverage is pretty thin, even if you layer it, it does not cover well. The only good thing about this foundation is the packaging, it has a pump! But as far as content, it does not have good coverage, lasting power or color selection. Revlon colorstay is a wayyyyyy better foundation. I understand this foundation would be great for girls who have near to perfect skin, as this will help highlight and give their already good skin a glow. But for the rest of us who want to fake that nice skin look, Revlon colorstay is the one to go for. I'm not saying I have the worst skin in the world, but I do have some light scars and I do get the occasional break out and Revlon colostay never fails to help cover those flaws. Revlon colostay is still my HG foundation. Went to return Photoready the next day and got my money back. And yes, I did notice a tiny bit of glitter in this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by csengphakdy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation another chance, and I am happy to say that I love this foundation. I have okay skin, blemishes here and there, and this foundation evens out everything and makes my skin look wonderful! I don't have a problem with the "shimmers", mainly because I DONT SEE ANY! Yeah they're visible in the bottle, but on the skin it just looks dewy. I'm been using this daily and I'm glad I gave it another shot. I'm an NC40/42 and 008golden beige is a bit too light for me so I mix it with 010 caramel and it's the perfect shade. This is one of my fave foundations next to my mufe hd and my nars sheer glow. My fav drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Good coverage, nice finish, but the sparkles make me seriously paranoid when I go out with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by saratwombly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this foundation. it has teeny tiny bits of shimmer in it that reflect light and help the appearance of your complexion. as far as that goes, it does the job pretty well.
its staying-power did impress me, and it's worth it, if you like this foundation, to also purchase the photoready powder.
the only issue i found was that it doesn't blend as well as i would like. that's why i only gave it a 4 out of 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well first off, regarding the glitter thing- I really didn't see anything. There's a slight shimmer, but nothing I could ever tell. I'm actually a big glitter fan & I was oddly enough hoping there would be some lol. I went outside with it & even got others opinions but nobody could detect any ounce of glitter or shimmer at all, so I'm wondering if it maybe shows on darker skin tones as opposed to fair complexions. I usually am the lightest shade in the majority of foundations out there so I picked up Ivory. I think for the first time in my life though, a foundation was actually too light, so I ended taking it back & switched to the 2nd lightest shade Vanilla which was a good match. This foundation is definitely not meant for those with dry skin. I found this to go on kind of heavy & it made my skin feel very tight. I tried again with a heavier moisturizer and I will say, this definitely does look more natural than a lot of foundations out there, in almost every light. My issue with this though is, it does NOT last. This foundation disappears quicker than any other foundation I've ever used, I tried w/ a primer but the foundation still seemed to wear away. So basically if you have a dry skin, it's mandatory that you moisturize extremely well for this to work & don't wear it somewhere expecting it to be long lasting. It's not a bad foundation, it does look natural but the formula itself is too drying for me & it doesn't last long enough at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is nothing like my favorite Makeup Forever HD foundation. The finish was meh and the color selection is limited. I could see the shimmer on my face outdoors but not indoors. I would say it looked like a satin finish on me but somewhat cakey and can look dull. Coverage was medium. There was nothing glowy, luminizing, correcting, etc. I like Colorstay is much better but can't find a good color match. I do love the pump and wish more liquid foundations had them. It's also expensive for drugstore foundation so I recommend getting it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by mommy2avarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I actually prefer it to the Colorstay foundation, which is too thick and is harder to blend with a brush. I don't think it's too glittery. It glides on nicely, and I love the pump!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by wildcatz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been using a MAC foundation for years, but thought I could do better, so i gave this a try. The vanilla shade is a perfect match and its looks great right after I put it on. The only time I notice a bit of shimmer is if I look at my makeup driving to work in the sunlight but it looks fine, really.

But I've been using this product for about a month now and have come to the conclusion that by the end of the day, it looks terrible. My skin is just a greasy mess. Maybe if I was just going out for the evening and put it on just before I went out it would be OK but I need something for everyday. I use primer and MAC blot powder with it and blotting paper mid-day, but it's just not enough. Time to move on and try something else.

However, I will use this product up; it's just not something to wear to work and expect it to last all day. If my skin was less oily, I'd probably like it.