January 28, 2015 | 1862 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2052 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by aeroerin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read a lot of reviews here on MUA about this foundation, which critisized its shimmer and praised its pump. I can say that this foundation is pretty good, especially for a drugstore product. I, like many others, LOVE Revlon's decision to include a pump (which I think should be standard on any highend foundation). This pump allows me to dispense the tiniest amount needed, and without contaminating the product. The shimmer is somewhat noticible, but only in direct sunlight and I don't think it is that bad. It gives me great coverage, and I set it with my MAC MSFN to dim the shimmer even more. I'm a NC25 in MAC, and I find 004 Nude to match me perfectly. I apply it with the Sonia Kashuk flat top blush brush. It's not perfect, but it's getting there.

EDIT: After using this ~5x, I started breaking out (a lot more than usual) around my jawline, so I've discontinued use. It looks great, but it's losing another star for the breakouts and gets a "no" for repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Welp, after I heard the hype about this product, being a Colorstay and Revlon enthusiast, I just had to purchase this and try it out...especially with the comparisons to the Make Up Forever's HD foundation. I applied this in the lightest shade, with my fingers, sparingly. As long as you're not gonna be wearing this foundation for a long time or running a mile in the hot sun with it on, I'd say this one is a worthwhile and quality product! The finish is sheer and dewy..there are teeny shimmers that do not offend somehow...but I've found my HG foundation in a blend of this one and the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse..the matte one. I did it on a whim and to see if it would give the PR some extra staying power in the hot, Texas weather while cutting down on the shimmers. Let me tell ya, gals..this is the way to go! I love the Mineral Mousse and Photo Ready blend! PR also blends well with the original Colorstay foundation..but the finish is a little different with the Mineral Mousse and I prefer it, by far! Try it out! If you bought the MM and didn't like it so well, try it with a bit of the PR mixed in and see what you think!! Just call me Chemist Jess...

xoxoxo
luv,
MadMadamJess
@)--^--,--'--,-------

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by av8r

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in my early 50's with few, if any lines thanks to 30 years of SPF 30 and sensitive, ruddy Irish skin.

When this first went on I was impressed, it covered pretty well, without looking mask like. It felt matte and dry on my skin, and within a couple of hours accentuated every little bit of dryness I had, making my face appear actually OLDER.

It reminded me of Color Stay with some sparkles added. Fine if you have young, moist skin. On the plus side, it did stay on well, much like Color Stay, but washed off easier.

I probably will end up pitching this, I don't need any assistance in looking older than I am.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by zahnpasta99

I found a sale at Walgreen's and decided to give this a try. I bought it in 002 the second lightest shade. I am fair and in the summer may even be able to go to the next shade up which is unusual b/c usually most lines the lightest color is too dark
On to the product, I have sensitive, combo skin that gets oily in the summer. I am prone to breakouts and have some redness on my cheeks. The bottle design/pump on this is great. I was worried that the sparkles that others mentioned would be an issue so I shake the bottle before applying. I used my fingers to appy. There was sparkles on my fingers but not visible on my face.
I am very impressed by the foundation. It gave me a soft, even finish, did not feel like a heavy mask and it blended well. I did have to blot my nose after a while but that is with anything! My face looked awesome all day. It did not smear on my phone and it was not glittery. It was still on 12 hours later. My skin did not look masky, but even and finished.
I really like this stuff, I was afraid I would glow like a Cullen, but even in the work restroom's crappy light my skin looked good.
I am impressed by this and plan to repurchase as long as I don't have some weird breakout from it. I did use Mayb dream matte powder to set. Thanks Revlon!
Edit: I suspect this may be causing breakouts, I am on Differin and my skin has cleared by since starting this I have some weird bumps on my chin. Will see what happens. Also, I noticed sometimes it looks like I am wearing a lot of foundation with this. Also, in addition, I started to notice that despite shaking the bottle well, the sparkles/glitter were too much, Revlon did do a nice job on bottle/pump design!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by LaurenMarieeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this product from the second I put it on, and realized it was a perfect match to my skin tone! It was the first time I was able to find a match in a liquid foundation. My roommate can actually tell when I use it, and says my skin looks flawless.

I have very sensitive, acne prone, combination skin - super oily with dry patches.
Be advised - this product WILL bring out any flakes or dry patches, so definitely exfoliate and moisturize before using (which is what you should do before applying liquid foundation, anyway!)
I also set it with loose powder, and would definitely recommend doing so to anyone with oily skin. The shimmery-ness, which gives you a "dewy" glow, personally makes me look a bit greasy, so I just tone it down with some powder!
I find that if I pump the foundation onto the back of my hand and pat it a little, then use my fingertips to apply it to my face, most of the shimmer is actually left on the back of my hand and not on my face.

Basically, I have no complaints about this foundation! I'd consider it HG status. It did not make me break out, doesn't feel heavy on my skin, has a good medium-coverage, love the sanitary pump dispense of the product, and affordable. I will definitely continue using it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by cxnguyen25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with all the hype going around about having a foundation that is photo ready, dewy and all around great for drugstore. In all honesty, I hate this foundation. I have normal to dry skin there putting this foundation on only accentuated all the dry patches on my face. Even after using it with a heavy moisturizer or primer underneath, it still did no good for me. On top of that, as much as it may give that dewy look, in the bright sunlight I can see the shimmers on my face. EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. I look like a disco ball walking around. It bugs me so much. And for being "photoready" it does not photo well in ALL circumstances. You would think when you hear that its name is photoready that you can whip out a camera and start shooting away. Not true whatsoever. The SPF is great but leaves that ghastly white cast on the face and the shimmers don't help at all. All in all, I like the packaging, I like the idea of having a photoready foundation. Other than that, to me, this product is a complete fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by smckerch

my new holy grail of foundation

pump is amazing
makes me look flawless
lasts all day
gives a glow, but doesn't make me look oily

AMAZINGG

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by avalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best thing about this foundation is the sanitary pump bottle. Other than that, this looked horrible on me. It went on too sheer and disappeared after an hour to leave little white shimmer particles all over my face, almost like sunscreen residue. Did not cover anything, could not get a color match. Made me look tired and old.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by breezyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this when I went out partying one night not expecting much... and when the pictures came back, my skin looked absolutely FLAWLESS and AIRBRUSHED. I usually don't say this about foundations or anything, but I could not believe that was me! I looked glowy and radiant for once instead of oily or dull.

That's why I think this foundation is better suited for evening/night/photo type situations, where the little shimmers and sparkles work to your advantage. Not to mention I'm likin' the pump. :) SPF 20's a good plus, too. I would recommend this for people with normal --> oily skin, but IMO setting with powder is a necessity if you're oily. (That probably goes for all foundations for oily people)

I can totally understand why this foundation didn't work for some people, but let me just say that it rocked the heck out of my face (even during the day) and I don't think I can buy another foundation that makes me so "photogenic" for a -relatively- cheap price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

LOVE the pump :) that's what made me try this in the first place. That and all the hype about this foundation. I just stippled it on with a flat-topped brush and WOW. I'm a meduim tannish asian, so rich ginger worked for me. And the finish!! Kind of a satin, dewy finish. I couldn't really see any of the hated sparkles, so that was fine with me. Lasted throughout the day with Almay setting powder. But it ended up breaking me out, so back to my Maybelline Superstay :( Would've loved it if it hadn't broken me out, but would recommend to a friend with less sensitive skin :)