Revlon PhotoReady Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

2058 reviews

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.0%) Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cycloheptasiloxane, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

On the fence about this one. I love the coverage, love the packaging, love the smoothness. I can't get over the sparkles, though! As a girl with big pores, sparkles just don't look good. This also emphasized any dry patches that are on your skin as well. The finish is beautiful, but I just don't think I'll repurchase. :(

on 5/23/2010 4:39:00 PM

I got this foundation because I love Revlon's original ColorStay and I have to say that the coverage and match with the PhotoReady foundation is pretty good. It has medium-full coverage with a dewy finish and a wide variety of colors. It does have the "light reflecting" particles aka shimmers which doesn't look too bad. If you have large pores, the shimmers will accentuate them. The only problem I have with this foundation is the high SPF content. This foundation is aimed toward being used for photography, but the SPF content is so high in the product that it made me look ghostly in flash photography. This foundation may be nice for non-flash photos. If you a have medium-dark skin tone, this product may not be for you.

Overall this product is so-so to me. I wouldn't buy this product again because the whole point of using it is to look nice in photos and it just didn't work for that purpose. I'll stick to the original ColorStay foundation.

on 5/23/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im really liking this foundation, I feel like it camouflages my flaws without me having to try so hard. Ive been using colorstay, and I love its staying power, but this matches my skin much better. I think it gives a really pretty dewey finish. And the pump is awsome, I will probably repurchase.

I wanted to like this foundation, but it just was not for me. I had it in shade 03 shell, and it was just ok. I have been using mineral foundations for the last few years and it was hard to get back into liquid ones, as I find most of them cakey-looking on my skin. I found that the shimmer in this was just too much for me. My skin already has a sheen to it when I wear liquid foundations, and I did not need the extra shimmer. I like my foundations to be mostly matte because it is way easier to apply shimmer with another product where you need highlighting, rather than having it all over your face. Even when I applied powder over, it was just too shimmery for me in my opinion. I did really appreciate that it had a pump with it though...eventually I decided this was not for me and swapped it for something else :)

on 5/23/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great packaging, love the pump, color match was perfect for me, gives a lovely finish, not too dry/matte looking, looks good in pictures & in natural light. Great price, easy to find & cheap.

Great foundation for people who dont have blemishes, as it really enhances that oh-so lusted after "glow". However I dont think its so great for those without perfect skin, I found it really didnt do much covering and I had to rely a lot on concealor.

on 5/22/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read a lot of reviews here on MUA about this foundation, which critisized its shimmer and praised its pump. I can say that this foundation is pretty good, especially for a drugstore product. I, like many others, LOVE Revlon's decision to include a pump (which I think should be standard on any highend foundation). This pump allows me to dispense the tiniest amount needed, and without contaminating the product. The shimmer is somewhat noticible, but only in direct sunlight and I don't think it is that bad. It gives me great coverage, and I set it with my MAC MSFN to dim the shimmer even more. I'm a NC25 in MAC, and I find 004 Nude to match me perfectly. I apply it with the Sonia Kashuk flat top blush brush. It's not perfect, but it's getting there.

EDIT: After using this ~5x, I started breaking out (a lot more than usual) around my jawline, so I've discontinued use. It looks great, but it's losing another star for the breakouts and gets a "no" for repurchasing.

on 5/22/2010 7:34:00 PM

Welp, after I heard the hype about this product, being a Colorstay and Revlon enthusiast, I just had to purchase this and try it out...especially with the comparisons to the Make Up Forever's HD foundation. I applied this in the lightest shade, with my fingers, sparingly. As long as you're not gonna be wearing this foundation for a long time or running a mile in the hot sun with it on, I'd say this one is a worthwhile and quality product! The finish is sheer and dewy..there are teeny shimmers that do not offend somehow...but I've found my HG foundation in a blend of this one and the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse..the matte one. I did it on a whim and to see if it would give the PR some extra staying power in the hot, Texas weather while cutting down on the shimmers. Let me tell ya, gals..this is the way to go! I love the Mineral Mousse and Photo Ready blend! PR also blends well with the original Colorstay foundation..but the finish is a little different with the Mineral Mousse and I prefer it, by far! Try it out! If you bought the MM and didn't like it so well, try it with a bit of the PR mixed in and see what you think!! Just call me Chemist Jess...

xoxoxo
luv,
MadMadamJess
@)--^--,--'--,-------

on 5/22/2010 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm in my early 50's with few, if any lines thanks to 30 years of SPF 30 and sensitive, ruddy Irish skin.

When this first went on I was impressed, it covered pretty well, without looking mask like. It felt matte and dry on my skin, and within a couple of hours accentuated every little bit of dryness I had, making my face appear actually OLDER.

It reminded me of Color Stay with some sparkles added. Fine if you have young, moist skin. On the plus side, it did stay on well, much like Color Stay, but washed off easier.

I probably will end up pitching this, I don't need any assistance in looking older than I am.

on 5/22/2010 8:05:00 AM

I found a sale at Walgreen's and decided to give this a try. I bought it in 002 the second lightest shade. I am fair and in the summer may even be able to go to the next shade up which is unusual b/c usually most lines the lightest color is too dark
On to the product, I have sensitive, combo skin that gets oily in the summer. I am prone to breakouts and have some redness on my cheeks. The bottle design/pump on this is great. I was worried that the sparkles that others mentioned would be an issue so I shake the bottle before applying. I used my fingers to appy. There was sparkles on my fingers but not visible on my face.
I am very impressed by the foundation. It gave me a soft, even finish, did not feel like a heavy mask and it blended well. I did have to blot my nose after a while but that is with anything! My face looked awesome all day. It did not smear on my phone and it was not glittery. It was still on 12 hours later. My skin did not look masky, but even and finished.
I really like this stuff, I was afraid I would glow like a Cullen, but even in the work restroom's crappy light my skin looked good.
I am impressed by this and plan to repurchase as long as I don't have some weird breakout from it. I did use Mayb dream matte powder to set. Thanks Revlon!
Edit: I suspect this may be causing breakouts, I am on Differin and my skin has cleared by since starting this I have some weird bumps on my chin. Will see what happens. Also, I noticed sometimes it looks like I am wearing a lot of foundation with this. Also, in addition, I started to notice that despite shaking the bottle well, the sparkles/glitter were too much, Revlon did do a nice job on bottle/pump design!