April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(1996 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've purchased *three* (!) bottles of this foundation without finding a match. Shell is too light (though it looks like it *should* be my perfect match) and Nude is quite a bit too dark. I also have Vanilla, so I've tried mixing Vanilla with Nude, and Shell with Nude, both without success. This stuff doesn't seem to mix well and just ends up looking dull on my face when I do it that way. The strange thing is, when I put Shell on it does look like it matches very well at first. However, after a short time it's as if it actually *lightens* on my face. I've never had that happen before; if anything, foundations oxidize and get darker/oranger on me as the day goes on. But honestly, I've even taken pictures of myself right after application and after an hour and there is a huge difference. I literally look ghost-like pale after an hour. (And it's not just in pictures... I can clearly see it in the mirror, too, so it's not like it only looks lighter in pictures.) I should also add that my skin always seemed to break out in one way or another after using this foundation for more than one day in a row. Granted, I didn't get to use it for very many consecutive days since I couldn't figure out a good color match, but the first time that I wore it for three days in a row, I ended up with a few itchy red bumps under my left eye where the skin is so delicate. The second time I wore it for two days in a row I ended up with a red dry, itchy patch on my right cheeck. The third time when I wore it for two days (experimenting with mixing shades) I broke out in one rather large pimple along with two small but painful whiteheads on my chin. I can't really think of anything else that could have caused these things, and they all happened after only changing to PR foundation. I hadn't changed anything else. So that's something I'm gonna have to watch in the future.

The coverage for me was ideal. I don't need a ton and this provided a decent amount; I would say light/medium buildable. It felt comfortable on my face. I did notice it didn't last very long on my skin. I could get about 9 hours out of it at best. Although that could partly be due to the way it seemed to lighten on me too. Maybe it just looked like it wasn't lasting as well because it wasn't a good color match. I didn't notice any glitter problems while in direct sunlight. Definitely no Edward Cullen effect. :P I really loved the glowy, luminous finish and it *did* photograph well. I did notice that it seemed to accentuate dry patches, and also fine lines if applied too heavily. I think you'd have to have fairly "good" skin (not a lot of dryness, minimal acne and/or scarring, minimal redness and discoloration, etc.) to be able to use this.

Since I'm pretty sure Vanilla will be my winter shade, I'm going to save that one and give a try when my tan is gone. I'm going to see if I can return the Nude shade back to the store since I still have the receipt. For now, I'm back to using ColorStay and Silk Naturals. Will update my review once I can try my lighter shades of PR.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by amism

Great foundation and packaging design. Love the pump, though it does tend to get all over the cap.

I like using this as a concealer to cover the dark circles under my eyes. Very affordable will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

I gave this foundation a shot. I looked like a glittery orange. Not a good look.........

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by celticsiog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this a week ago after doing a lot of research here on on YT. I finally tried it today and I have to say I love it. I'm normally a tinted moisturiser gal and I was afraid that a liquid foundation would feel heavy on me but I liked the idea of an airbrushed look. I knew about the small sparkles from other reviews but when i tested it on my hand in Superdrug they didn't bother me. Immediately after I put the foundation on all I could see was sparkles, but to be honest the somehow melded into my face after a minute. Don't be put off! Coverage is not full as it says but I love it. Its medium coverage at best. Looks great on my skin. Doesn't feel as if I have anything on. I will def be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I got this in a swap and after reading all the reviews on here,I was worried I wouldn't like it.I was impressed with the bottle,looks good and has a pump!!! All foundations should have a pump but thats another rant :o)
I applied it with my MAC 109 brush,it blended beautifully and looked so good on my fairly pale skin.I actually like this more than the colorstay foundation,looks nicer on IMO.
It is quite pricey for a drugstore brand but much cheaper than MAC so its swings and roundabouts really.I have this in the palest shade and its an excellant match,I think Im a NC/NW 15 in MAC terms.Would buy again when this bottle runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

The pump dispenses just the right amount ofproduct. The formula blends very easily. I would greatly recommend using a sponge or brush to apply this as it has a very rich texture and it is hard to clean off hands. Smears and finger prints will linger on your faucets and soap dispenser. SPF 20 -- broad spectrum with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.Coverage is medium to sheer and is buildable. Dries to a soft satin finish. Not matte, not dewy, but soft and silky. There is a bit of shimmer in this. As the day progresses the shimmer may become more pronounced as the physical sunblocks come to the surface. Shade 004 Nude is a good match for NW 25 but not perfect. You may want to go a shade darker than you think you need to in this due to the sunblock. Nude is a very neutral shade, more yellow than pink, no ashiness, maybe a bit on the peachy side. But just a bit. I am NW 25 with mature skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by gabrinelle

I think this is a really good foundation. I won't say too much because everyone else has pretty much summed it up, but if you're considering buying this product and you're on the fence, I think it is definitely worth a try. Just try to score it on sale because it is a bit pricey for a drugstore brand, especially in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Jinjer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After months of obsessing and tracking this foundation on YT, I was excited when it finally arrived in the UK. And lo and behold, it had what I knew would be my shade: Caramel. After a few more weeks of going into Superdrug and Boots and testing this foundation on my jaw and my hand and buying other MAC foundations in between I finally decided to give this a go and....WOW. It's easy to blend, the shade is perfect and even though I have oily/combination skin, it does not leave me oily. It dries to a nice satiny finish and is just perfect for me. The coverage is just enough to cover any blemishes you may have but light enough to let your natural skin breathe through which I love!! Let me say that I disagree with people that compare this to MAC's MSF foundation.....it's not...I tried the MAC and hated it.
I really really really love this and wish I'd gotten it before blowing my money on all that MAC lol

For reference, I'm an NC 44/45

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation, it has a sheer to medium coverage. nice pump packaging.. Shell suits my Nc20-25 skintone.

see my full review here:

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Knharning

The pros: um.... the pump!
The cons: got terribly patchy during the day, not sufficient coverage, shimmer in product gave a pale cast to my skin, stuck to dry patches I didn't know I had!
Overall: Tried if for a few days to give it a fair chance then returned it. Majorly disappointed!