December 18, 2014 | 834 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2041 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by jennysmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin so I personally want a matte finish on my face. With Revlon Photoready, it seemingly adds a layer of subtle glitter onto my already oily patches making me seem like i'm sweating a storm. I have several acne scars and dry patches, and I found out that this foundation tends to emphasize those dry areas. I really do not like this foundation for my own personal skin type because I have very oily skin, which magnifies the glitter it seems, and I have dry patches, which it seems to accentuate. My main complaint overall is the glitter. Who adds glitter onto foundation...who does that?!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sylvialeexD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to wait to write a review of this until I had used it for some time. I've been wearing Revlon PhotoReady a lot. I absolutely *love* it. I'm Asian, around NC35-40 and I wear 008 Golden Beige.

I have extremely dry skin and I was afraid that this was going to accentuate my dry patches, like other liquid foundations had. I've been using this with L'Oreal's Studio Secrets primer and the combo is *amazing*. I set it with MAC MSFN and it seriously stays on forever.

I don't notice glitter as much as some other reviewers have mentioned, but it is a little shimmery. I don't mind the shimmer because I have been wanting a foundation that gives me a dewey finish and this does.

I wore this for my graduation pictures and other important even pictures and I haven't noticed any white cast in it. Hands down, best foundation I've tried yet!

The only downside is the price but I usually wait for BOGOF sales to stock up, so it turns out to be about $6 per bottle, which is pretty awesome. Try it out! =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by emgb

This foundation did two contradictory things at once: 1. Shimmer that could blind you in total darkness and 2. Also making my skin look duller than it ever has before.

I don't know how that happened, but let's just say it was bad. The shimmer/glitter is bright and obvious, but anything but illuminating. It just made my skin look poorly-textured and as I mentioned before, very dull!
Maybe it's just because I have such fair skin and their lightest shade is always a shade too dark for me anyway. It could work well for medium and dark skintones but I say beware if you're pale!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this foundation was terrible! It's got gold shimmer in it that just looks terrible! The Color Stay is much better than this one. Go for that one!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sophysaprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for the past few months in the color golden beige and I love it. For a drugstore foundation, I give it a 2 thumbs up! Very affordable! It's light to medium coverage but very build able (if that's even a word lol) The only negative thing about this product is the packaging, I like the pump but I feel too much product goes to waste because of the way the bottle is made. Bottom line...I will def. purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Points for:

1. Creaminess
2. Ease of application, better than CS/CS Light
3. Good colors for fair skin - I'm shell
4. Non-chemical sunscreen, YEAH!
5. Overall finish

Points deducted for:

1. It being too drying: probably better for oiler skins

Not sure I would buy again because it is sooooo drying for me, despite what I use underneath. I did not find the shimmer overwhelming at all, something which would concern me because I work in a conservative industry. It didn't break me out, probably due to the all natural sunscreen. If it weren't so drying, I'd probably snap it up regularly. Back to Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Fair..... :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after a friend told me it would be a less expensive version of my beloved NARS sheer glow. I'm on the fence about this one. I love the packaging, mainly the pump. It has good coverage, but applying too much will make you look really overly done. Im not crazy about the finish, it's not bad but its not great either. It has a dewy finish, but it's somewhat cakey up close, so do not apply this with a heavy hand. I'll probably finish off the bottle, or give it to my sister since I tossed the sales slip. I guess nothing can replace my NARS...

Edit: I decided to give photoready another try since I only wore it once and then gave it away (plus I had a coupon). The first time I purchased photo ready 001 Ivory, which was too pink for my neutral skin tone, I decided this time to try 002 Vanilla. I AM IN LOVE! I brought this home and compared it to my NARS Sheerglow Siberia and they match perfectly. It must have been the coloring the first time because this looks so great on me and I am happier with the overall appearance of it. Although I am still a diehard NARS girl, this could definetly become a less expensive alternative to the sheerglow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by KatieG66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this foundation. It has good points and bad points. I have this in the color shell--a smart move after I initially bought the lightest shade and wound up looking like a corpse. I can't wear this foundation by itself. By itself, it highlights every single line and every single pore on my face. I didn't want to have to return it again, so I tried mixing it with a bottle of my Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in color Creamy Natural, and that seems to create a very nice foundation for my face. I get good coverage with them mixed and just a hint of glow. I figure I'll use this method till both bottles run out, afterwards I might give Colorstay a try, seeing as how everyone raves about it. I was disappointed because the packaging is great. I LOVE the pump--ds makeup brands need to get on the ball and give all foundations a pump like this one! So overall, I'm happy with it because I discovered a way to make it work for me, but at the same time it's annoying to have to mix it with another product in order to make it work. It sounds like Revlon needs to put the Colorstay foundation in the Photoready bottles and it would be the deal of a lifetime!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup does not compare to Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin. If you want a makeup that will emphasize every detail on your face, then this is the foundation for you. This makeup will highlight your blemishes and pores. The coverage is pretty thin, even if you layer it, it does not cover well. The only good thing about this foundation is the packaging, it has a pump! But as far as content, it does not have good coverage, lasting power or color selection. Revlon colorstay is a wayyyyyy better foundation. I understand this foundation would be great for girls who have near to perfect skin, as this will help highlight and give their already good skin a glow. But for the rest of us who want to fake that nice skin look, Revlon colorstay is the one to go for. I'm not saying I have the worst skin in the world, but I do have some light scars and I do get the occasional break out and Revlon colostay never fails to help cover those flaws. Revlon colostay is still my HG foundation. Went to return Photoready the next day and got my money back. And yes, I did notice a tiny bit of glitter in this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by csengphakdy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation another chance, and I am happy to say that I love this foundation. I have okay skin, blemishes here and there, and this foundation evens out everything and makes my skin look wonderful! I don't have a problem with the "shimmers", mainly because I DONT SEE ANY! Yeah they're visible in the bottle, but on the skin it just looks dewy. I'm been using this daily and I'm glad I gave it another shot. I'm an NC40/42 and 008golden beige is a bit too light for me so I mix it with 010 caramel and it's the perfect shade. This is one of my fave foundations next to my mufe hd and my nars sheer glow. My fav drugstore foundation.