April 17, 2014 | 1900 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2056 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer is AMAZING at covering blemishes, acne scars, and other marks. I really don't like using this under my eyes because of how cakey and thick it turns out. You really need to warm this up before you put it on. For under eyes, I actually prefer Max Factor's Pan Stik in medium beige due to it's moisturizing feel and good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this everyday! I get a concealer brush and apply this to anywhere on my face that makes it look uneven. After one minute my skin looks almost flawless. Putting mac matte underneathe makes this easier as the concealer just glides on and doesn't cake even after many hours.
The bad points are that little particles of random stuff i.e. fluff can really easily get stuck to the concealer in the pot and if it's cold then the concealer needs warming up before you can apply it to the skin easily otherwise it will get cakey.
It can fluff up on dry skin so I would moisturise first. The price is great, (u.k. 10/11) and I've had mine nearly a year and still have plenty left!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by hairxcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this, I expected to be able to use it to cover scars & a few zits, but my MA suggested I only use it for scars, tattoos, & other marks on the skin. She was right, as it covered scars great (caked after an hour or so) but when on zits, it amplifies them immensely by first settling into lines I didn't know existed, & second, it doesn't cover the whole zit, but just the top, so you have red all around.
Also, you have to warm up the concealer on the back of your hand unless you want it to go on cakey; this is a great tip I learned from my MA. Another thing, the clear lid (M.A.C lid) kept breaking off. When the lid was on, & in my bag (I live in a cold climate) it melted into a gooey mess. little hair & other gross particals stuck to it very easily, making it hard to apply without getting dirt & bacteria on your face.
Another annoying factor about this, is that though it's supposed to take off excess oil, it seemed to pack more onto my skin. It may just be me, but it broke me out in a few places (not too bad, but enough to where I don't wear this that often)
I give it 3 lippies for covering great, (only scars) but caking after a few hours, & the other reasons listed above.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by sonpan

WOW! The best concealer ever! (and I have tried a lot of concelaers in the past) This concealer is really good, it hides my blemishes,discolaration and some acne scars that I have. HG for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

This concealer is heavy duty, if you don't have fine lines under your eyes, this will work perfectly but it i find it too drying, cakey and doesn't last for more than 5 hours. Although, this is perfect for blemishes and will cover any blemish. If you put foundation it will last for atleast 8 hours depending on your skin type.

PROS:
-Full coverage
-Cute packaging; easy to fit in purse
-High Color selection
-Good on blemishes

CONS:
-Drying under eyes
-Not long lasting

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by barkingdog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I realize anyone's mileage may vary, but I felt compelled to write a review because I saw the one that just got left and I disagree. Sounds like that reviewer had a bad shopping experience but that doesn't make the concealer bad.

I'm fair (in the NC15-20 range), and while my NW20 studio finish seems a little too dark for winter, it's a really excellent coverup for my genetically dark undereye circles in the summer. When the weather is warm, I apply a bit with my fingers, then buff/blend with my 224 (fluffy eye brush). When it's cold, I put the concealer in my pocket for a few minutes to warm it up.

I think it's a great full-coverage product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by BlowFarAway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the worst concealers I have ever tried. Had two employees help me find a colour that matched and when I walked outside I looked like someone had attacked me with an orange marker. Horrible representation of neutral skin tones, even worse for truly fair girls. Two thumbs way down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I cant believe Im so late to the concealer game! Why havent I been using this? I am really impressed. I highly recommend this to all! I am an NC42 and I use NC35 to cover spots. It looks so amazing. Its matte but not flat looking at all. It just looks like skin . I apply with a tiny flat brush and my marks from old acne are gone. I dont use this under my eyes because I need a different formula for dark under eye circles. For perfecting your skin to a flawless face, USE THIS!!! I will be dedicated to this stuff from here on out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by stephiem

This concealer covers my dark circles better than anything I've tried so far. I recently bought Lancome effacernes but I found that it didn't really cover anything that well and after a couple hours it was barely even there anymore. Plus it settled into every single line I had around my eyes. Studio finish does a great job of covering my dark circles. They aren't gone but they are noticeably less dark and it brightens my under eye area a lot. I've given up on finding something that completely covers my dark circles simply because they are way too dark and I know it will never happen. But this stuff does an amazing job. I find if you apply it with a brush it is less likely to settle into fine lines/under eye bags. It is a little chalky but you just have to warm it up a little bit and it will spread like a dream. The staying power is nice as well. I only have to touch up once during the day but anyone else probably wouldn't have to. I'm just super freaky about my make up fading. Make sure to set with a powder and it will last longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by xMACwhoretteX

First of all, the packaging for me was quite a let down. After just 6 months the glass in the lid with the label on came out, and I was never able to put it back in. I am using clingfilm to cover it, but please tell me if this has happened to you as I hope I am the only person.
So the good points on this concealer is that it has great coverage, and when i mix it with Vaseline to make it lessn dry, the coverage is still there. The SPF 35 is amazing, I bought this in June, and apllied this on my face and under my eyes (not all-over my face), and it worked amazingly, it also helped my natural tan come out which has never happened before. The period of time it stayed on my face in those hot summer days was amazing, all my other non-MAC makeup melted off nearly an hour into sunbathing, but this just stayed on.
The bad points are that it is quite pricey, but I can easily get over that as it is MAC. There is also the packaging problem I talked about at the beginning. Also there is the dryness of the it, that is the reason I add a bit of Vaseline too give it a bit more of an oily consistency.
Overall I would say that this product is great for oily and acne-prone skin. 9/10, 1 down for the packaging.