October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2096 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Spacebarscandybars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I like this product. I think it's pretty good for covering blemishes or scars from acne. I think it works better if you put it on before applying foundation because I find that if you put it on overtop it tends to look a little cakey and doesn't blend as well. I apply it with a flat foundation brush such as the 190, just because I have more areas to cover. Overall I think it's a good concealer.
Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd get a great concealer for my heavy dark circles.....but I was damn wrong. I love MAC but I didn't like this product because of it's consistency and shade selection. I was told that dark circles were better covered up with an NC shade. So the makeup artist and myself picked and NC 20 concealer (yeah, I'm quite pale). I applied this with my fingers, with a thick synthetic brush and with other brushes. It just didn't work for me because it looked way to yellow on my pinky skintone. Even on my dark circles, the shade looked completely off. And it's not just the shade that didn't fit. I didn't like the heavy finish this concealer gave me. It looked cakey, no matter what I did to apply it thinner or blend it better. I even tried to use it on blemishes and scars and I didn't get any better results. Won't buy this again in any shade.

*** EDIT: This concealer is now my HG! I still own this concealer in NC 20, but I recently purchased another one in NW 20. I'm so glad I gave this another shot. To me, it's all about the brush you're using. The brush I used to use to apply this was not good enough. I use a different brush now, a thinner and denser brush. I cover my dark circles with the NW shade and my blemishes/redness/scarring with the NC shade. Use the right brush and you won't be disappointed. Apply this thin because it can look a little heavy if you use too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by brittneey

I love this concealer! It really covers up my under eye circles, which i sometimes get and it covers up my blemishes. I love this concealer. I am nc25. Packaging could be a little bit better though. I don't really like how it's in a tub.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by iwant24sleep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product works well to cover up my blemishes. It's too thick and dry to use under my eyes, but to cover up dark spots and pimples, it's perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kathybe113

this was my very first concealer,,,,and it had to be mac,,this was too thick and yellow for my skin tone,,,,im an NC 35 and i made sure i use a lighter concealer,,so i bought NC 25,,,the color didnt blend well because it dried very fast..but it did cover blemishes but what good is it if it doesnt match your skin tone? i was left with noticable streaks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by DontDropTheSoap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in NW20 first off, but that was too light to cover my acne. I got NW25, and when i mix the shades together, its a perfect match. I literally just need to dip my brush into the jar and it covers it flawlessly. Its amazing! One bad thing is, it dissapears very fast on my skin ;[ Its one of those products that you don't really know how amazing it is until you don't use it one day. Will repurchase again if i ever run out. $15.50 each

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i hate the tiny container but the concealer itself is pretty good. it doesn't cover dark circles and scars by 100%. only about 50% i guess. won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesmac

This is the first concealer I have ever used and it sucks. I bought it because of all the good reviews but it's dry and it cakes on.The smell in my opinion is horrible and it doesn't even have the coverage I'm looking for. Looking in the mirror right now I can see still see the scars that I've tried to cover up. It makes me skin look amazingly FAKE and it's very hard to blend with a brush sponge and even my fingers. I would never buy this ever again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this concealer for nearly a year, going with shade NC20 for under-eye circles (normally wear NC30 base). I do like it's semi-opaque, creamy coverage and haven't had trouble with it creasing.
This is one of the better concealers I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lairkeeper

Use it daily to cover darkness all around the eyes. Love that it has jojoba, seems that fine lines are becoming less noticeable the more I wear it. I apply by patting mostly under the eye with my finger then using the residue on my finger for the eyelid to cover darkness on lids. I dust on a bit of Coastal Scents silica spheres powder to set (using my Everyday Minerals Long Handled Kabuki). Lasts all day and does the job! Its a keeper for my collection, will repurchase.