July 25, 2014 | 1882 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ToxicBailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is pretty good! I have pretty bad skin, and on top of that it's pretty oily. This powder keeps me matte and has good coverage on top of that. I like to use this as a touch-up during the day.
I really HATE the swivel mirror, though, so I took off one lippie for that.
But other than that small detail, I still like this powder and will continue to buy it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by WillowTree248

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is my back up foundation for when I run out of my Everyday Minerals. This is just as good as any mineral foundation I have tried and I've tried tons. This is also great for us lighter ladies out there! They have colors for fair and light people!!! This is the only drug store powder that covers well, stays well, and matches my skin tone and doesn't break me out! I wear the light(cream4-5) powder and it works wonders! I have very light olive undertoned skin. It also keeps me matte! I love this stuff!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by charmandluck

love lovee this product.
i just bought it today this morning, and i wore it all day.
it covered up my acne i didnt get rid of yet, with a mild coverage.
smooth as silk!! I used covergirl tru-blend in translucent-medium, when im not even a m edium skin tone. I picked up the cream kind. PERFECT MATCH. the mirror is really wierd on it though, and the brush won't apply as good as a really brush or sponge. can't go wrong on maybeline!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ALWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just started using this product today but already I like it. The packaging is weird though. I would have perfered a regualr size compact. S far I've been matte for hours which is rare for me and it doesnt seem to be having any negative effects on my skin. I will keep you updated.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jujilover87

First of all,,,i love the finish of this powder..omg..its just so finely milled, honestly, you can't even tell I have powder on. The coverage is great too! I used to have severe acne which has cleared up well, and I have little to no hyperpigmentation. Perhaps anybody who has more redmarks should use some conealor with this powder. I think its great for mild coverage as well as it does a great job evening out my skintone. it does a fair job in terms of pores, mine are huge though!! the only problem i have, is the oil blottin properties. this powder isnt anywhere near as good as the mac blot powder (which i had to stop using due to a really bad breakout :() but i suspect that for the fall, this powder will be a life saver!!! this powder's just no match for my freakishly oily skin :( however i will DEF purchase again, it's a gem. o and i dont think it makes me breakout either, totally rare for my very acne prone skin!! Cheers for dream matte pressed powder!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Ghoulina

First of all, I really love the way this powder is packaged. It has a small bottom compartment that swivels out and contains a mirror and round powder sponge for easy touch-ups. So cute!

This is also virtually the only drugstore-brand powder I can find that comes in a shade that matches my skintone without turning orange. However, if I put too much on, it can make me look somewhat ashen.

As for coverage, it is ever-so slightly sheer. I find I need to use concealer for some of my darker spots, but it still does a great job evening out my complexion and covering most imperfections.

This is definitely my HG powder because of the wonderful coverage, great color-match and the fact that it doesn't break out my super sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by strawberryicepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW is the first thing that comes to mind when I try to describe this powder. It's amazing; super-blendable, good coverage for a powder, cheap, I could go on and on! The only con is that is can get cakey if you pile it on, but you don't need very much at all. BUT, don't use it with the pouf, use a large fluffy brush, and buff, and you look airbrushed! Smooth, and matte. I only use the pouf to blot during the day, and this powder keeps away the greasies longer than any powder I've ever tried. This is definitely an HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by reggie717

After randomly breaking out all over my left cheek early February, I have been trying to find a pressed powder with good coverage...but without it looking caked on. I tend to break out from liquid foundations, and most other powders were too sheer. Surprisingly, after testing a bunch of expensive brands (assuming they're most promising), I tried my roommates Dream Matte Powder--purchased at CVS. I loved it! I was pretty stuck on Aveda's dual powder foundation, but this felt very light and it covered my post-acne redness. I do have to apply it more often than Aveda's, but definitely worth it.

I find the packaging intriguing, but it does make it a hassle to use the compact mirror. Still a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this as a foundation the majority of the summer. I live in HOT as HELL Texas and need something to get me through the day w/out looking like an oil slick. Most foundations tend to give me the dewy look lots of you like but it's not good for me.
The powder is pigmented and leaves a nice unpowdery look that blends into my skin.I use my BE kubuki brush to apply. It's not sheer but gives me the coverage I need w/out looking heavy or made up. It also keep the oil slick away for a couple of hours. I still have to blot mid-day w/MAC blot. It also doesn't fade way. I use concealer on my problem spots and Dream Matte Powder and I"m good to go.
I'm a DDD (NW45) and I wear Hazlenut. It's a perfect match. Really cheap (about $6- at Walmart) and a good find. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I usually don't comment on cosmetic packaging, but I have to say something about this. The design of this compact is downright STUPID. It took me a good 2 minutes to figure out how to open the dang thing. The bottom compartment swings open to the side to reveal a puff, so you can awkwardly teeter it in your hand while applying powder. It's just dumb. Why redesign the simple compact when everyone in the world already knows how to use one?

Okay, aside from the obvious design FLAW, the powder is just okay. It's a bit on the heavy side and it oxidizes pretty badly. I actually washed it off after only an hour because it had oxidized to a shocking bubble gum pink. This is going back to Rite-Aid tomorrow!