Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far, this is my HG powder. It makes my skin nice and matte, but not cakey. It has a good light coverage.
The only problem is the puff. It gets gunked-up with oil eventually and its looks NASTY. So i used my old revlon new complexion power application puff, and it now gives me medium coverage. It can give full coverage with the revlon appicator, but it looks insanely caked on and not natural at all.
When im at school, i keeps shine to a minimun, and i only have to touch up at lunch. When im at home or the weekends, i can put it on in the morning and not have to touch up for a couple of hours!!! The best part is that you can use it as a base for eyeshadows, and it keeps the colour i place, even on my oily eyelids!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really wanted this to work for me, enough that I've tried it three or four times, hoping that it would be good enough to replace my much loved, but over priced, L'Oreal Bare Naturale. The powder comes in a compact with two compartments, the top that opens to reveal the powder, and the bottom, which swings open to the side, holding the mirror and puff. Definitely more convenient than L'Oreal and Pfysician's Formula's compacts with the mirror underneath, but not my favorite. I don't use the puff, I apply with a sponge or my EcoTools kabuki. The powder is surprisingly smooth, making application easy. It blends very well and offers sheer coverage. It did help even out my complexion, but I really had to layer it on to hide acne scarring. This definitely accentuated dry spots and made my skin flake like crazy, and it can look chalky if you apply too much. This powder is definitely matte, which would be ideal for girls with oily skin, but it just took all the life from my face. The staying power is ok. For a setting powder used alone, I only had to touch up once during an 8 hour shift. Overall, this isn't too bad of a powder. I could definitely see it being a miracle for girls struggling with oily skin, but as someone with normal/slightly dry skin, this didn't really work for me.

I just picked this product because I was in a rush and it was actually pretty good. I choose the color "light", I have yellow undertones, and I have pretty light asian skin.
I use it alone sometimes or over my BBcream (Korean blemish balm cream).
The texture isn't cakey at all, feels like nothing's there.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is pretty good! I have pretty bad skin, and on top of that it's pretty oily. This powder keeps me matte and has good coverage on top of that. I like to use this as a touch-up during the day.
I really HATE the swivel mirror, though, so I took off one lippie for that.
But other than that small detail, I still like this powder and will continue to buy it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is my back up foundation for when I run out of my Everyday Minerals. This is just as good as any mineral foundation I have tried and I've tried tons. This is also great for us lighter ladies out there! They have colors for fair and light people!!! This is the only drug store powder that covers well, stays well, and matches my skin tone and doesn't break me out! I wear the light(cream4-5) powder and it works wonders! I have very light olive undertoned skin. It also keeps me matte! I love this stuff!!!

love lovee this product.
i just bought it today this morning, and i wore it all day.
it covered up my acne i didnt get rid of yet, with a mild coverage.
smooth as silk!! I used covergirl tru-blend in translucent-medium, when im not even a m edium skin tone. I picked up the cream kind. PERFECT MATCH. the mirror is really wierd on it though, and the brush won't apply as good as a really brush or sponge. can't go wrong on maybeline!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just started using this product today but already I like it. The packaging is weird though. I would have perfered a regualr size compact. S far I've been matte for hours which is rare for me and it doesnt seem to be having any negative effects on my skin. I will keep you updated.

First of all,,,i love the finish of this powder..omg..its just so finely milled, honestly, you can't even tell I have powder on. The coverage is great too! I used to have severe acne which has cleared up well, and I have little to no hyperpigmentation. Perhaps anybody who has more redmarks should use some conealor with this powder. I think its great for mild coverage as well as it does a great job evening out my skintone. it does a fair job in terms of pores, mine are huge though!! the only problem i have, is the oil blottin properties. this powder isnt anywhere near as good as the mac blot powder (which i had to stop using due to a really bad breakout :() but i suspect that for the fall, this powder will be a life saver!!! this powder's just no match for my freakishly oily skin :( however i will DEF purchase again, it's a gem. o and i dont think it makes me breakout either, totally rare for my very acne prone skin!! Cheers for dream matte pressed powder!!!!

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

WOW is the first thing that comes to mind when I try to describe this powder. It's amazing; super-blendable, good coverage for a powder, cheap, I could go on and on! The only con is that is can get cakey if you pile it on, but you don't need very much at all. BUT, don't use it with the pouf, use a large fluffy brush, and buff, and you look airbrushed! Smooth, and matte. I only use the pouf to blot during the day, and this powder keeps away the greasies longer than any powder I've ever tried. This is definitely an HG product for me.

After randomly breaking out all over my left cheek early February, I have been trying to find a pressed powder with good coverage...but without it looking caked on. I tend to break out from liquid foundations, and most other powders were too sheer. Surprisingly, after testing a bunch of expensive brands (assuming they're most promising), I tried my roommates Dream Matte Powder--purchased at CVS. I loved it! I was pretty stuck on Aveda's dual powder foundation, but this felt very light and it covered my post-acne redness. I do have to apply it more often than Aveda's, but definitely worth it.

I find the packaging intriguing, but it does make it a hassle to use the compact mirror. Still a great buy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials