August 30, 2014 | 1695 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Jebjess

The texture is creamy which is desirable for me. I also like the medium sheer coverage. However, it is not as matte as I would have liked. It works to mattify as well as any other powder. Repurchase?- No. I want to find an even better powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by princesswrinkles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, this is my HG powder. It makes my skin nice and matte, but not cakey. It has a good light coverage.
The only problem is the puff. It gets gunked-up with oil eventually and its looks NASTY. So i used my old revlon new complexion power application puff, and it now gives me medium coverage. It can give full coverage with the revlon appicator, but it looks insanely caked on and not natural at all.
When im at school, i keeps shine to a minimun, and i only have to touch up at lunch. When im at home or the weekends, i can put it on in the morning and not have to touch up for a couple of hours!!! The best part is that you can use it as a base for eyeshadows, and it keeps the colour i place, even on my oily eyelids!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work for me, enough that I've tried it three or four times, hoping that it would be good enough to replace my much loved, but over priced, L'Oreal Bare Naturale. The powder comes in a compact with two compartments, the top that opens to reveal the powder, and the bottom, which swings open to the side, holding the mirror and puff. Definitely more convenient than L'Oreal and Pfysician's Formula's compacts with the mirror underneath, but not my favorite. I don't use the puff, I apply with a sponge or my EcoTools kabuki. The powder is surprisingly smooth, making application easy. It blends very well and offers sheer coverage. It did help even out my complexion, but I really had to layer it on to hide acne scarring. This definitely accentuated dry spots and made my skin flake like crazy, and it can look chalky if you apply too much. This powder is definitely matte, which would be ideal for girls with oily skin, but it just took all the life from my face. The staying power is ok. For a setting powder used alone, I only had to touch up once during an 8 hour shift. Overall, this isn't too bad of a powder. I could definitely see it being a miracle for girls struggling with oily skin, but as someone with normal/slightly dry skin, this didn't really work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by xNanciix

I just picked this product because I was in a rush and it was actually pretty good. I choose the color "light", I have yellow undertones, and I have pretty light asian skin.
I use it alone sometimes or over my BBcream (Korean blemish balm cream).
The texture isn't cakey at all, feels like nothing's there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ToxicBailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is pretty good! I have pretty bad skin, and on top of that it's pretty oily. This powder keeps me matte and has good coverage on top of that. I like to use this as a touch-up during the day.
I really HATE the swivel mirror, though, so I took off one lippie for that.
But other than that small detail, I still like this powder and will continue to buy it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by WillowTree248

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is my back up foundation for when I run out of my Everyday Minerals. This is just as good as any mineral foundation I have tried and I've tried tons. This is also great for us lighter ladies out there! They have colors for fair and light people!!! This is the only drug store powder that covers well, stays well, and matches my skin tone and doesn't break me out! I wear the light(cream4-5) powder and it works wonders! I have very light olive undertoned skin. It also keeps me matte! I love this stuff!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by charmandluck

love lovee this product.
i just bought it today this morning, and i wore it all day.
it covered up my acne i didnt get rid of yet, with a mild coverage.
smooth as silk!! I used covergirl tru-blend in translucent-medium, when im not even a m edium skin tone. I picked up the cream kind. PERFECT MATCH. the mirror is really wierd on it though, and the brush won't apply as good as a really brush or sponge. can't go wrong on maybeline!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ALWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just started using this product today but already I like it. The packaging is weird though. I would have perfered a regualr size compact. S far I've been matte for hours which is rare for me and it doesnt seem to be having any negative effects on my skin. I will keep you updated.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jujilover87

First of all,,,i love the finish of this powder..omg..its just so finely milled, honestly, you can't even tell I have powder on. The coverage is great too! I used to have severe acne which has cleared up well, and I have little to no hyperpigmentation. Perhaps anybody who has more redmarks should use some conealor with this powder. I think its great for mild coverage as well as it does a great job evening out my skintone. it does a fair job in terms of pores, mine are huge though!! the only problem i have, is the oil blottin properties. this powder isnt anywhere near as good as the mac blot powder (which i had to stop using due to a really bad breakout :() but i suspect that for the fall, this powder will be a life saver!!! this powder's just no match for my freakishly oily skin :( however i will DEF purchase again, it's a gem. o and i dont think it makes me breakout either, totally rare for my very acne prone skin!! Cheers for dream matte pressed powder!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Ghoulina

First of all, I really love the way this powder is packaged. It has a small bottom compartment that swivels out and contains a mirror and round powder sponge for easy touch-ups. So cute!

This is also virtually the only drugstore-brand powder I can find that comes in a shade that matches my skintone without turning orange. However, if I put too much on, it can make me look somewhat ashen.

As for coverage, it is ever-so slightly sheer. I find I need to use concealer for some of my darker spots, but it still does a great job evening out my complexion and covering most imperfections.

This is definitely my HG powder because of the wonderful coverage, great color-match and the fact that it doesn't break out my super sensitive skin!