MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

this brush is my fave brush .i use it for cream colour bases when i use them as blushes.it applies the colour sheerly and evenly so u can layer and blend blush evenly .i loveeeee it !!!!!

on 12/12/2005 3:01:00 PM

Overall I am very, very happy with this brush. I use it for applying my MAC Select Moistureblend foundation. I like this brush MUCH better for this foundation than any other foundation brush I have. It gives a much smoother, more even, well blended and almost "airbrushed" application. I then use it for a final powder layer and overall blending - it really is fantastic for these purposes and again, I am very happy overall. The one mild annoyance and why it lost one lippie from me is that even 2 months after purchasing, and with regular washing and near-daily rinsing/cleaning with MAC Brush Cleaner I am getting fall-outs. And not the long bristles, either - instead I get several short bristles embedded in the foundation and some transfer to the face.

on 11/30/2005 3:14:00 PM

I got this brush on the recommendation of other posters. Its very expensive but it is the best brush out there for blush application. It is a must brush to use with NARS highly pigmented blushes. This blush picks up just the right amount of color and deposits the blush to your cheeks without any harsh lines. You get a very soft, natural effect with this brush.

on 11/13/2005 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this brush! I'm a total makeup spazz but this brush makes it easy. I just changed my hair color (to auburn) and I was looking so washed out, even with blush/bronzer. I got this brush and it's so much easier to apply the bronzer and totally natural looking. I'm very pleased that I shelled out the cash, $42 I think I paid for it.

on 11/11/2005 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm very impressed with this brush! Perfect for applying bronzing powder on my pale skin or heavily pigmented blush. If you are pale and thought you couldn't wear bronzer, try this brush! Worth the expensive price.

on 11/8/2005 5:08:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush. I don't know why I didn't review it sooner! I have had it for almost a year now and I adore it. I use it mainly for applying blush. Works like a dream with NARS blushes because it picks up a little color and applies it sheerly. I can layer it on for a more dramatic look. I also use it for face powder and I have used it for applying foundation as well. I didn''t like it too much for applying foundation. But this is a must have for blush application.

on 10/29/2005 6:54:00 PM

Awesome brush! I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for it. My blushes look so much better on my skin when applied with this brush. :)

on 10/20/2005 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I first wanted to buy a skunk brush, I was tempted to getting the Lancome highlighting brush (iirc the name). When I went to cehck out the counter, teh one they had, the one being used to make-overs, was ratty and falling apart. I figured that if they can't display a nice one and that's the way teh brushes end up, they couldn't be all that good.

So, I went over to MAC and bought the 187 brush and haven't looked back. This si the one most expensive item I own, make-up-wise that is. $50 CND was a bit steep, but it was worth it. Bluhes, harsh bronzers, skinfinishes, shimmer - you name it, is easy to apply and you'll never risk over doing it again!

Just swish the brush in the product and apply in a circular motion or like a regular blush brush. The haris are very nice and soft - almost too soft! It's a mixture of synthetic (the black hairs) and goat hairs (the white hairs, which are slightly longer). At first I wasn't sure about getting a brush with animal hairs and I still feel guilty when I think about that. But for those whom this doesn't apply to, buy this brush.

I also like to use it for Studio Fix as it gives a nice light application when I don't want to go heavy or a light application on places where you don't need so much coverage, like the cheeks.

It comes ina plastic slip, which is sufficient to hold the brush. I kept mine in there for a while until it got grungy looking then trashed it. After that I would invest in some sort of brush holder.

As for shedding, I foudn that ebfore washing it did shed. After washing barely ever. The reason I don't say neve, is because 2 months later, it has shed 2 1/2 hairs, which is normal.

on 10/11/2005 11:51:00 AM

I really love this brush! It was a birthday present along with my 3 Mineralized Skinfinishes, and it's so useful. It works great with the MS but also applies bronzers, blushes and other shimmery products perfectly, without applying too much. Shame it's a bit expensive cos it's a must have!

on 10/6/2005 5:01:00 AM

This is probably my most treasured make-up tool. It is incredibly soft so it buffs like a dream. I bought this brush to apply liquid foundation on the advice of a MAC SA. I thought she was joking when she said this is her favourite brush for applying foundation as I had expected her to produce the MAC foundation brush. She gave me a demo and as the result was really good I thought that 'okay, I'll give this a go.'. I reckoned that if I'm unable to reproduce the results she produced with this brush then at least it would be a handy brush for my make-up bag anyway. I don't use MAC foundation - I use Clinique Dewy SMooth and I have to say that I was literally stunned at how well this brush applies this make-up. As previous reviewers have said, little circular movements really buff the make-up into your skin and the result is FLAWLESS. My make-up also seems to last longer with this brush. I liked this brush so much and it also did such a good job of applying my Guerlain Meteorites, Bronzer and Blusher, that I decided to try the traditional foundation brush and keep this one for these other purposes. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! What I should have done was buy another one of these but instead I wasted money on a foundation brush which I never use now except for applying cream blush sometimes.

This brush is very very versatile - it is expert at giving that professional 'natural' look. It is also extremely comfortable to use so I would highly recommend one for anyone's make-up bag as it works so well with so many products. The only criticism I have is that it sheds a bit when applying the liquid foundation and the dye really runs out when you wash it. It is quite pricey (27) but it is an investment in your grooming kit and doesn't come out that much more expensive than many other higher end make-up brushes which are only half as versatile and often less superior in quality. I'm not a great MAC fan - I find their make-up collection a bit over the top and quality wise only 'alright' and their foundations only 'so so' BUT their make-up brushes are fantastic!!!! I used to spend much more money on BB brushes and I think the MAC collection is superior as a tool and cheaper.

If I could start my make-up brush collection again I would have 4 of these: 1 for foundation, one for blush, one for bronzer, one for finishing powder (highlighter). I LOVE THE #187!

Popular Makeup Brushes