MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This brush is very expensive at $42 USD, but worth it in my honest opinion. Most people probably use this brush to apply face powder, foundation etc. I use it strictly for applying blush or a light dusting of highlighter to my cheekbone. It really does give a light touch allowing you to to add more product till you are satisfied with the outcome. I imagine it would make your face look flawless! I would love to purchase another brush because I really think I'd love it more than the 190 to apply my studio fix but for now.. at least tille I have more money.. I will stick to using this for my blush. Unless... I can get another one towards my $40 minimum purchase make over at MAC *evil grin* I also notice a lot of people dislike this brush because of the shedding.. I have had my brush for over a year now, I generally wash it once a week. I have not noticed any shedding at all. I use anti-bacterial soap (not anymore) or my face cleanser (Aveeno) to clean it, and then reshape the bristles & hang it over the sink to air dry. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i use this for my studio fix and it works very well. distributes the perfect amount of product. occasionally when i go off my studio fix kicks i clean off the brush and use it as a blush brush....it's a very versatile blush and is aestheically pleasing IMO.

I bought this brush so I could wear the crazy-bright blushes that I crave but that usually end up making me look like a reject from clown college. So far the 187 is doing the trick, but it's also shedding like a nervous chihuahua when I wash it. I would repurchase, unless I hear about another brand that's just as good and CHEAPER.

I am harsh when it comes to brushes, I only say something if it is BAD. This one, however, is so good that I must commend it. I have so many brushes for blush, creme bases, creme blushes, contour, highlight blablabla. I never use any of them anymore. I use this for everything. It is highly overpriced at about $50, but I can wear my most outrageous blush colors (nars matahari, bright neon shimmery orange) and pull them off with this, because it allows you to build color so slowly and evenly. ***THIS SUCKS FOR CREME FOUNDATIONS*** I had a MA try and sell me on this brush months ago with their new moisture blend creme foundation and used this brush to apply it. It didn't blend nearly as well as a regular foundation brush and the ends gunked up fast with product causing you to mash the thing into your face. Luckily, somebody else applied my stereorose skinfinish with this and I was sold.

this brush is my fave brush .i use it for cream colour bases when i use them as blushes.it applies the colour sheerly and evenly so u can layer and blend blush evenly .i loveeeee it !!!!!

Overall I am very, very happy with this brush. I use it for applying my MAC Select Moistureblend foundation. I like this brush MUCH better for this foundation than any other foundation brush I have. It gives a much smoother, more even, well blended and almost "airbrushed" application. I then use it for a final powder layer and overall blending - it really is fantastic for these purposes and again, I am very happy overall. The one mild annoyance and why it lost one lippie from me is that even 2 months after purchasing, and with regular washing and near-daily rinsing/cleaning with MAC Brush Cleaner I am getting fall-outs. And not the long bristles, either - instead I get several short bristles embedded in the foundation and some transfer to the face.

I got this brush on the recommendation of other posters. Its very expensive but it is the best brush out there for blush application. It is a must brush to use with NARS highly pigmented blushes. This blush picks up just the right amount of color and deposits the blush to your cheeks without any harsh lines. You get a very soft, natural effect with this brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this brush! I'm a total makeup spazz but this brush makes it easy. I just changed my hair color (to auburn) and I was looking so washed out, even with blush/bronzer. I got this brush and it's so much easier to apply the bronzer and totally natural looking. I'm very pleased that I shelled out the cash, $42 I think I paid for it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm very impressed with this brush! Perfect for applying bronzing powder on my pale skin or heavily pigmented blush. If you are pale and thought you couldn't wear bronzer, try this brush! Worth the expensive price.

I absolutely love this brush. I don't know why I didn't review it sooner! I have had it for almost a year now and I adore it. I use it mainly for applying blush. Works like a dream with NARS blushes because it picks up a little color and applies it sheerly. I can layer it on for a more dramatic look. I also use it for face powder and I have used it for applying foundation as well. I didn''t like it too much for applying foundation. But this is a must have for blush application.

Popular Makeup Brushes