April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by LunaBella

I first bought this brush to apply blush but I found it better for applying powder. It feels delicious on my skin. Maybe I will try again later with blush but I feel I got my money's worth because it is versatile.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 12:05:00 AM More reviews by BeneBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Am I on Crack??? I hated this brush! I bought it to go with the scarily pigmented NARS Exhibit A blush. I'm a PPP and needed some serious diffusing of color. I asked the MAC MA what to use and he pointed to this "skunk" brush. The very next day I decided to give the blush and the brush a whirl.....bad idea. I was super red and super blotchy. Not cute at all. This went back to the MAC store and rightfully do. Skunk brush is right...it stinks! I'll stick to my $16 fan brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2005 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Kate_NS

Lovely brush, which does just as everyone has promised: picks up reasonable but light amount of product so that fine-milled, high-pigment blushes are user-friendly, or so that harder milled or lesser-pigmented blushes can be gradually built up. Nice weight, not the most expensive of my brushes (although a tad costly), but have found that after washing (even with MAC Brush Cleanser) the colour from the black bristles 'migrates' into the snow-white tips leaving them grey looking (esthetics is EVERYTHING to me!) Not a good bet for NARS high-shimmer blushes such as Orgasm and Deep Throat, as the delicate tips tend to pick up more shimmer than colour, and they tend to just move the shimmer over the surface of the blush. great for the more satin finish, brights tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2005 1:41:00 AM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG what a great brush, I finally got it after all the raves on it, plus I am in LOVE with NARS blushes which are very pigmented and thought this brush would be a great investment for me and it IS! I love this brush for applying my NARS blushes, applies it on evenly and with great pigment! This brush retails for $40 USD and worth every cent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

A very nice brush for putting on powder. I didn't like it for putting on my blush. I still prefer the 129 brush for that. My powder application is lovely though and doesn't go on so heavy or chalky like it did with the 150 brush. The price is quite high, but I would buy this brush again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by thenumberdevil

for anyone who has been scared of blusher... this one's for you. i had been using a tres ghetto blush brush, and ended up looking like a clown every time. but now i have the 187, and it's foolproof! even me-proof! awesome for blushes, mineralized skinfinishes and other shimmer products, and for light, natural application of bronzer. biggest rave ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2005 4:13:00 AM More reviews by tiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been waiting to get my hands on this brush since before christmas and finally last week it arrived at my local MAC just when I had forgotten about it. Well it is even better than I expected it to be. Applies my pigmented nars blushers beautifully especially my angelika brush which is v difficult to apply! I have also used it for highlighters and loose powder with fabulous results. You need this brush!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 9:54:00 PM More reviews by QAlice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tired it at store, and 'm hook, due to the price, I couldn't purchase it right away, luckly I RIS one from a wonderful lady *finally*. It's WONDERFUL!!! i can't live without, i use it to buff my "hard-to-bland" Shiseido Suncare foudnation and it wear on like dream, sheer, even, fast.... must have!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by annruggerio

Gave into the raves on the board and I am glad I did. While this brush is expensive, $40USD, it is a great, must-have brush. It is very soft and applies blush and bronzers in a light and natural manner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2005 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This worth every penny! I use it to apply blush and I buff the blush w/ MAC 180 buffer. I tend to baby my skunk brush. It's so soft and applies pigmented blush and even sheer blush w/ ease.