BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2089 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 6/28/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is so thick that it took me two days for it all to come off. It does make your eyelashes look longer and thicker. Would not repurchase.

on 6/27/2013 5:16:00 PM

I have two minis of this and I was really excited to try it. It does do the job, and looks great on. It's more dramatic than subtle which I prefer. But, it's not the best I've tried. and it's SO HARD to get off! I hate that.

on 6/27/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I didn't buy this mascara, I was after the Bad Gal Lash (which I did purchase) and my grandma purchased They're Real at the airport because she got duty free and brought it back to the UK! She didn't get on with it that much though and gave it to me after discovering an Avon replacement.

I had heard a lot of hype about They're Real and was quite keen to know what all the fuss was about. I had just bought Bad Gal lash a couple of weeks prior though and was having an awesome time using my new one! I did try They're Real but in honesty, I preferred the Bad Gal! They're Real seems to be mainly focused on getting a false eyelash look and whilst it looks good for night, I wouldn't apply it for everyday use because it just looks too heavy and doesn't separate my lashes as well as Bad Gal.

So all in all, a great mascara. Personally, I prefer Bad Gal (which is slightly cheaper too!) but I wouldn't say no to a free They're Real! Thanks grandma ;)

on 6/26/2013 2:07:00 PM

I really like this mascara.It volumizes,lengthens,and keeps a curl on my short stubby lashes (: It is a dramatic mascara that makes them look like falsies(which i like).I haven't had any problems as far as irritation/flaking.It's one of my favorite mascaras.Would repurchase :)

I really wanted to love this mascara. I was a faithful benefit gal for a long time. They have awesome primers and foundations and of course box blushes. I have tried all of their mascaras but they all seem to run and give me raccoon eyes by the middle of the day. It may just be me but these definitely didn't work. I tried them over and over, especially the bad gal lash buttery still didn't work. Sorry benefit, I love you but I hate your mascaras..

on 6/25/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff. Before this I was faithful to my DiorShow Mascara. I don't think I will ever buy that mascara again. My mascara routine use to be DiorShow first, let it dry and curl, then L'oreal Telescopic Mascara (that stuff rocks). With Benefit They're Real, it's like using DiorShow and L'oreal in one. I love it. People constantly think I wear falsies and I constantly owe it to this mascara. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because at times when I layer it it can clump up, but other than that I am a huge fan of this stuff.

on 6/24/2013 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

After hearing sooo much about Benefit's They're Real, I thought I'd take the plunge and try it out.
Firstly, I already have quite long eyelashes, but what I lack is volume. For me, this mascara is geared more towards length than volume. A MUA tried this on me at the Benefit counter and it looked quite nice (note: she used a disposable mascara wand, which was more bristly than the wand that comes with They're Real) - so I purchased the mascara.
When you pull the wand out of the tube, wayyy too much product comes out. I find that I have to then rub the tip of the wand against the inside of the tube so I don't end up with huge globs of mascara on my lashes.
The wand itself is plastic, with small, plastic, spiky points all around, then a curved ball top with the same kind of points. These spikes are for separating the lashes, and the curved top is for getting right into those inner corner and outer corner lashes.
The design of the wand wouldn't be a problem if so much dang product didn't come out! I feel as thought rather than separating my lashes, I'm more depositing thick, black stuff at the roots, which then gets smeared up to the tips. Because my lash hair is quite fine, this 'separating' tends to result in clumping. Also, the spikes are uncomfortably sharp... not needle sharp or anything, but if they happen to scrape against your tightline or waterline, it is certainly not a nice feeling.
To be honest, I was fairly disappointed with They're Real. I'm happy to accept that this is due to the length/thinness of my lashes, but if you're paying that much for a mascara, I would have thought it would cater for a wide variety of lash types. I'll definitely finish up the tube, but don't think I'll be repurchasing.

on 6/23/2013 11:44:00 PM

I had hoped for a better outcome with this mascara....it just didn't really do much for me. The thing that bothered me the most was that the first coat of product got crispy on my lashes before I could apply a second coat so my lashes just didn't look very nice/neat. They started looking messy and like they wanted to go any which way. I normally like for them to all look in the same exact direction and if not, I use a lash comb. But this formula seemed to dry and get crunchy so fast that I was unable to make my lashes look nice. I will say this mascara adds a good amount of lenght but thats where my praise ends.

on 6/23/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Lol, mascara, I meant mascara!!! Not foundation.

on 6/23/2013 6:46:00 PM

I love this mascara. Even if it doesn't quite give me the look of false lashes (is there any mascara that does, advertising claims notwithstanding), it does lengthen and thicken my lashes considerably. Plus, it stays on all day, never smudging or flaking.

Video Reviews & Tutorials