BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1948 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 4/16/2013 10:06:00 PM

I wish I could say I enjoyed this mascara because the people I see talk about it really do love it! But it just did not work out. The formula left my lashes feeling heavy and they looked too thick for my liking. The brush looked very appealing and I was excited for it, however, it pokes at my tight line too much.

on 4/16/2013 9:47:00 PM

I got this as a Sephora birthday gift. I was expecting it to be a really good quality, dramatic mascara, but it is awful. I've never had spidery lashes like I do with They're Real, and attempting to brush them out doesn't help. And it flakes all over my face and doesn't stay put but is very hard to remove.
I've tried this with and without primer and hated it either way.

on 4/16/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I love this mascara but it hates me.
Twice now I've bought this mascara and twice I've broken out with not one but multiple stys (at the same time) in my eyes. I finally made the connection with the second tube.

If this product does NOT cause you any irritations, it is amazing!
I love the colour, VERY inky black. Makes my lashes looks so thick and long. The brush is really good at grabbing tiny lashes which I have. And I normally have problems with mascara smudging, but this one held up better than most I've used.

So Would I buy it again? No, they stys aren't worth it.
But if I didn't get stys, I'd buy it again and again!

Even though I technically didn't purchase this, I would NOT buy it. I received it as a birthday gift from Sephora and I was really excited to try a high-end mascara, especially hearing so many things about the Benefit brand. Boy was I disappointed! The brush grabbed too much product, first off. Each time I've applied it, the brush has touched against my eyeball and it HURT. Not only that, I felt like it was "detangling" my lashes, and not it a good way! It tugged and pulled at the poor lashes and while I was applying it, all that came out were clumps. Other than the clumps, it didn't thicken my lashes (which is what I look for in a mascara), it did not curl, volumize, or lengthen them. Overall a terrible terrible product. The only thing I liked was the packaging. I do NOT recommend this to ANYONE. Ever.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was good in the sense that it lengthened, volumized, and curled, but I do not think that it is any better than most mascaras I have used. The only thing that will prevent my from buying this again is the brush. Maybe it's because I got the mini tube as a birthday gift from Sephora, but the brush was hard and it kind of hurt my eyes when I put it on. I felt like I was dragging it on with a lot of pressure. Weird.

on 4/15/2013 12:07:00 PM

probably the worst mascara I have ever tried.. I purchased this before a trip and was really excited to try it.. It left marks on my eyelids, was scratchy and painful.. brush was really bad... product itself made my eyelashes heavy, no length, no curl, no volume, just one big clumpy mess...

on 4/15/2013 9:47:00 AM

I just got this product and I loveeeee how it makes my lashes pop! I love the little tip at the end of the brush that really helps with the smaller lashes. A great buy!!

on 4/14/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good mascara does make your lashes look fuller and longer, however for me it smudged on my lower lashes. And it was a mission to take of. Would pass on it, found better mascara.

on 4/14/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Didn't do anything to my short lashes and it makes my lashes clumpy after applying the second coat. I will not recommend or buy.

on 4/13/2013 10:53:00 PM

I'm so glad I bought the little sample sephora had for 10$-12$ instead of buying the full size product. First of I have medium length but straight lashes. I don't have a hard time curling them but it really depends on the mascara I'm wearing. And this product was a big fail. First it clumps your lashes together and weighs them down ... So even if you had a nice curl going it would make them straight. Omg. And it smudges like there's no tomorrow. I looked like a sad panda 3 hrs after applying this mascara... Major no no for me.
What a waste of $$$...