BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2057 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 6/13/2013 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best mascara for me, I got this travel size from my cousin..
I did try other brand like chanel,burberry mascara.. But benefit theyReal mascara so perfect for me, I really love this.. And I wanna buy full size for next soon..

on 6/12/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love love looooove this mascara!!!! I love how it seperates your lashes and gives you so much length. Its a bit pricey but well worth the price. I was a bit iffy on the brush but its perfect.

on 6/11/2013 8:26:00 AM

I did not actually buy this product, as I received it free with a magazine (ELLE UK I think?) however I was pleasantly surprised to have gotten such a great freebie! I found the retail price is about £19.50 which I think is fairly reasonable as it is a good mascara.

The application of this product is really nice and easy, as it doesn't clump too much. I have experienced a few clumps but they are easily removed and don't harden quickly as they can do with other mascaras. The mascara genuinely lengthened my short eyelashes and thickened them nicely. I usually put this on in the morning before I go to school and it always stays all day and doesn't leave horrible grey smudges under my eyes (which I HATE!). I also like that my lashes stay reasonably "soft" all day, they don't get all hard and crusty.

My only complaints about this would be it can make my lashes stick together a bit when I try to remove it at night, and it is definitely not waterproof. Other than that, love it! Might actually buy a new one when this one is finished!

on 6/10/2013 2:38:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used! I have never found a mascara that does anything for my eyelashes apart from this one. My sister got a sample so I thought I'd try it out and when I did I was totally inlove with it! It makes me eyelashes look long and volumized, but at the same time doesn't make me look like betty boop.
Totally love this product and still haven't found a mascara that lives up to this!

on 6/9/2013 12:32:00 PM

I got this mascara as a tester from Sephora as part of their member birthday gifts. I applied it over an e.l.f mascara primer and wow, my eyelashes look great! The brush is a little prickly, but overall it made my eyelashes look long and full. A few actually asked me if I was wearing fake eyelashes. I wouldn't recommend it for a more natural looking effect. Overall I plan on repurchasing even though I usually refrain from buying more expensive mascaras, but this one is too good.

on 6/8/2013 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pleasantly surprised with this as I'm not a huge Benefit fan, other than the Browzing and the Highbeam I wouldn't recommend any of their products really (I did work for them for a short period about ten years ago so I've tried a fair few!). This was pretty good: strong black colour which I found didn't flake and stayed on well for the duration of the day. The coats can be layered to give a more intense look, without any clumping. All in all I'm glad I tried it and if I saw it on sale I would probably purchase again, but for the full price you'd pay for this, I'd rather stick with a Lancôme mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product didnt work welo on me at all. i tried everything, i curled my lashes so many times i think my lashes are going to fall off. ive tried tons of different mascaras and this seemed to be nothing special. i only use this to blend my lashes in with my falsies now, you can get much better mascara for much cheaper.

this is just my own opinion. this works on a ton of other people but my lashes are very short and pathetic. if you think this will work for you, i say you should give it a try.

also ive heard loreal shocking extensions mascara is a great alternative, much cheaper !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora a couple days ago and I just decided to try it out. My lashes are a medium length, a medium thickness and they hold a curl decently well. I use the waterproof L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara and I love it. Feeling adventurous, I put on the BeneFit They're Real mascara and my first coat lengthened really well, but didnt do anything for volume. I personally prefer a mascara that adds length and volume. For a second coat, I cleaned off the tip and pushed the bristles that were on the tip to the root of my upper lashes to give it some volume. It got really thick and clumpy so I used the brush to even it out but my lashes just got really spidery. So instead, I just brush it on like a traditional mascara for my 1st coat, and then use my L'Oreal TSE mascara for a waterproof 2nd coat, and on my lower lashes. The tip of the Benefit mascara doesn't do anything for me besides clump up a bunch of mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My new favorite mascara! I never write reviews and this is my first on on MUA ever. I usually use Lancome's CLS Booster XL (the white primer) as a base and then Dior's Blackout Waterproof. I loved the intensity of the color, but the length wasn't doing it for me. I then got BeneFit's They're Real in a birthday gift sample. I put it over my Lancome's CLS booster and with one swipe I loved the effect it had. It lengthened and volumized. I put this mascara on at 10 this morning and currently it is 10 PM. It stayed on completely no smudging. Works beautifully. I recommend this product! $23 at Sephora. Good luck ladies!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wanted to try this mascara for a long time after reading such great reviews, so when I finally bought it I had very high expectations. It does everything it promises and the brush is amazing for lengthening and separating lashes, but only if you use it correctly. More than once ive had to remove the mascara and restart the application because of clumping (and i HATE wasting this mascara due to its high price). My eyelashes have no natural curl so i have to use eyelash curlers before applying, but it doesn't seem to weigh down the lashes so the curl holds which is great. The mascara does give my eyelashes a kind of rubbery feel, which i've never experienced with any other mascara, and although i don't particular like that feeling, the mascara doesnt flake off easily, so it lasts all day. It is also fairly easy to remove. I do think the price of the mascara might stop me from repurchasing any time soon as I think there are a lot of great quality mascaras available for a fraction of the price, however I would definitely consider it the next time I decide to splurge on makeup

Video Reviews & Tutorials