August 21, 2014 | 1424 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by kbrue082

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great mascara! I liked the lengthening this product gave my lashes. I love the staying power, my eyelashes look lovely all day. It is a hard product to remove though. The brush feels very synthetic and uncomfortable to use. Gives great results though!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by knh1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I bought this mascara in the travel size because I'm very particular about my mascaras. My lashes are long and dark (thankfully) so I look for mascaras that have a slight watery texture to make my lashes stand out and look voluminous. The texture of this was every thing that I was looking for and the brush was even pretty good. It defined my lashes and added some volume without any clumping. However, this mascara is by far the most difficult mascara to remove. It does not claim to be waterproof but it sure seems like it. When I try and wash it off in the shower, it literally sticks to my lashes and under my eyes. It's a very weird feeling that I've never had with any other mascaras. Even when I get out of the shower and try to remove it, it's difficult. Don't get me wrong, it's a great mascara and does everything it's supposed to do, but it is hell trying to get this stuff off. Thankfully I only got the small size so I don't feel horribly bad about spending the money, but it's definitely not worth it. Will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by missdeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG mascara! I've tried many different mascaras over the years, and this by far is my favourite.
Gives my lashes length and volume, doesn't clump or make my lashes look spidery. Easy to wipe off too.
Love the packaging, I also got a free travel sized mascara with it too, i've been using it for a good while now and its still going strong, haven't even touched the full sized yet and i wear it everyday!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by shamima

this is a great mascara! i have repurchased it a couple of times, since it is cheaper than ysl fux cils and diorshow and it works almost as well as them on my eyelashes. however now that i am on a budget, i am heading back to my always reliable cover girl lash exact

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rosymel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will not be buying this mascara again--it was very disappointing, especially given the price. Basically it clumped up and made it look like I had four giant eyelashes. Even combing out my lashes didn't help. NOT impressed. I have no idea if it was the formula or the strange rubbery wand with little spikes on it, but I suspect it was a combination of both.

I usually like Benefit products a lot, despite their price, but this one...no way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by malissakb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara. Gets my lashes long and coated, in one coat, with no clumps. Even though it doesn't say it is waterproof, you will need a eye makeup remover to get it off. It doesn't budge. No fragrance, so it is good for sensitive eyes. It does make my lashes look like they're fake, but....they're real!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This mascara is awesome. It will make your lashes look fake! I get asked all the time if I have falsies on when I wear this..the only downfall is getting it off at night! I have to use TWO cotton balls on each eye with coconut oil, AND a makeup wipe!!

Be gentle when taking this product off!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It doesn't make me look like I have false lashes on, but it certainly adds length! I find it to be pretty similar to Maybelline's illegal length fiber extensions - minus the flaking. However, if you curl your lashes first, before using either mascara, you can clearly see that "They're real" gives you much better results. It's kind of pricey, but in my opinion it's worth it because it actually lasts longer than most mascara's - the tube holds a lot of product. This is currently my HG mascara, and also, the first and only mascara I am happy with wearing without layering another mascara over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd been on the hunt for a good mascara for a while. Every brand I've had failed this summer and just slid right off halfway through the workday. I bought this because the SA said it would not flake or run, but I could still wash it off ( water resistant). I've gotten great results with it, but the clincher was this week. Stressful 11-hour work days, 99 degrees (in October, I know), and had to put our beloved pet to sleep. I cried and sweat buckets, and They're Real did NOT budge. Very grateful I have one less thing to worry about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

By far the best non-waterproof mascara on the market. My HG is Maybelline the Falsies Flared. It gives beautiful volume and curl to my stick straight lashes. I bought They're Real after hearing so many glowing reviews and I am pretty thrilled with it. I love the coy name. The spiky plastic wand took some getting used to, but the little ball on the end really gets all your lashes coated. I have never had a mascara that could get the outermost lashes super defined for that super sultry look, where your lashes kind of mirror a cat eye. They're Real definitely does that. The brush has amazing separating power and the formula is extremely rich and dark. Once it dries, this mascara does not impart a crunchy feeling; the lashes are still flexible. I took one lippie off because this mascara does not hold the curl that I work really hard to achieve. I like to use it in conjunction with my HG for a long, voluminous, dramatic effect. The price is a little high compared to the $6 I pay for the Falsies but it is worth it. Lovely product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No