July 29, 2014 | 2071 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by AerielleB

This mascara is like glue. I have been wearing mascara for 19 years and this is one of the worst. It applies very wet and thick and it does not come off! I will go back to Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cam0225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Does make lashes look FULL and beautiful. I may have an eye allergy to this formula though. I'm trying one product at a time to see if it's the mascara or other (concealer, foundation, powder, etc.) I haven't had red, watery eyes with other mascaras so I have a feeling this is the culprit. The other downfall is the struggle to take off at end of day. I use several cotton balls of eye makeu remover, then face cleaner and still have to use more cotton balls to remove mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

So I usually don't like to spend more than $15 on mascara but during my recent vacation my best friend had purchased this mascara and I used it. Now, I am not a fan of the plastic brush but this mascara was awesome! It made my eyelashes so full and extended them to great length. It also went so close to my eyelash line that I don't think I would need to even wear eyeliner on my top line.

I just purchased this mascara for myself and cannot wait until it comes in the mail!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

My biggest gripe against this mascara is when I'm taking it off. It just stays and smudges under my eyes. I also find the formula a little too wet on application. I've had more accidents with smudging this mascara than I want first thing in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBelizean

I bought this mascara in the trial size from Macy's yesterday after learning about it on QVC some weeks ago. I have little to barely there eye lashes. I really wanted this to work for me and I'm glad it did. This trumps my used to be favorite mascara The Falsies.

They're real mascara gives my lashes the illusion that they're fake. It instantly lengthens and gives my lashes major volume. I'm in love and will foever buy this mascara. I'm going back to purchase the regular size bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Yuminnie

This mascara is amazing! It's one of my favorites. It makes my lashes look super pretty, full, long and doesn't clump at all. I have no complaint on removing it as it removes super easily with makeup remover but it doesn't smugde during the day.
The only thing I dislike is how pricey this is but it's still a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Deannamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product twice and I do love it. However it is a giant pain in the butt to wash off so I don't use it often. The formula can be a bit clumpy, but it's worth the money for someone who does have small lashes and can't reach them, the wand is amazing. But I look for more volume, and this just gives me a lot of length. It's a great product and even though there are cons, it's way better than most drugstore mascara and I think a lot of people can agree on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ispeakparseltongue11

I adore this mascara. I am a girl in high school, and my parents aren't big fans of really theatrical makeup (They prefer the natural look and so do I) and this mascara is perfect for that. It makes my eyelashes ridiculously long and opens up my eyes. People often tell me what beautiful eyelashes I have, and say that they wish they had nice enough eyelashes to not wear mascara. :). Anyways, the mascara, I adore it. It hardly ever clumps and you can add quite a few coats for something extra (like going out somewhere nicer). If i experience clumps I just wiggle the brush a bit before taking a long stroke across with the wand and BAM they are gone.
This is one of the best mascaras I have used. Well worth the price I paid. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I have the most obnoxious lashes ever. They don't curl, they have no length and there's not too many of them. So you can tell I need to get a lot out of a mascara. I have tried lots, mostly drugstore ones which work out okay but nothing wonderful. I heard a lot about this mascara on youtube and I figured I would give it a try. I purchased it at my ULTA store, and it cost 23 dollars which isn't as expensive as the YSL mascara I wanted but a little more than the drugstore ones I had tried. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I'm not impressed at all.The name "They're Real" kind of makes you think that they are going to give you glamorous lashes like you would get from wearing fake lashes. I'm not a fake lash person at all but I do like the dramatic, plush, dark look for my lashes. The formula is okay, it's not really clumpy but there's not much to it either. The wand is kinda chubby with spikes all around it and has no fibers. It DID give me the illusion of having more lashes and making them thicker but it did NOT lengthen them or curl them from what I could see. It doesn't do what you would expect it too. I think if you have long lashes already it would work a lot better but I have quite pathetic lashes so I needed a lot more out of it. I will continue to use it up because it's not a horrible product, just not impressive. I often find myself skipping mascara because I just forget about it. On the plus side, the packaging is really nice! Very simple, not too big. It doesn't take up a lot of room in my makeup bag. Overall, I don't love or hate this mascara, it's okay but I definitely won't repurchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh... that's the first thought that comes to mind about this mascara. The formula is a bit on the wet side and while it applies well, it does have a tendency to make my lashes stick and clump.
It does stay on during the day but I'm not impressed enough to consider buying a full tube.