October 23, 2014 | 1225 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

This was a REAL bummer. It not only didn't add volume or length, it also weighed my lashes down so much that they just wouldn't curl with an eyelash curler. The instructions say that you should hold the wand vertically and move this upwards to curl your lashes, but all this did was to clump the lashes together because of the weird ball-like spiked tip at the end of the wand. Also, no matter how carefully you pull the wand out of the bottle, you're bound to get a glob of mascara on the tip of the wand, which is huge wastage coz you'll end up just wiping all that off on a tissue if you don't want it creating a mess on your lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is spidery, irritating, overpriced, and not black enough. Plus, it will not come off, no matter how much makeup remover you use. This makes my eyes red and irritated, and they feel like they're burning. It also looks sort of grey, not a true deep black. The before-and-after picture on the packaging - false advertising as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't work well at all. No way would I repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, I bought it on a whim, without reading the reviews. I just wanted t try it, and as there is no way to try it without buying the full size (no mini size here) . By the way, I adore the brands (EL, Chanel, Dior) that give out samples of GWP of mascaras so that you can try them before you buy!
So, back to the point: had to try this so much praised mascara and bought it.
I am disappointed.
It is jet black, but It does not give that dramatic lenght as it claims. It's OK, but other mascaras (even drugstore) perfom way better.
This mascara is clump city at the 2nd coat. One coat would suffice to avoid clumps but in that way you do not achieve outstanding volume nor lenght. When you apply the second coat, it is a nightmare. Hard to remove, it also flakes after some hours.
I do not like it that much and I should have repurchased my beloved Chanel Inimitable instead.
NO buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I have been using this mascara for a while and generally I think it is good. But this may sound strange but its not consistent... Sometimes my eyelashes look great and other times they look stubby. I love the dramatic length look and this does do that but you have to wait for the mascara to dry before you apply additional coats to build up. The brush is more comb than brissles and has a pointy ball at the end that is suposed to separate the lashes but i personally have never used it. Overall I do like and do keep re-buying, but always on the look for that perfect mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Suzie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have short straight and pale lashes.
So, positives first..... Its very black and glossy. Em, thats it.
Negatives..... Expensive, difficult to layer, i found it went very clumpy after applying a 2nd coat. Also it makes lashes feel crispy and brittle. Its a pain to remove, end up with huge panda eyes! I also think it didnt last very long, considering you only use a small amount (because u cant layer it!!). Theres much better mascaras for a quarter of the price!! Avoid!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good mascara that gives bold lashes, both in volume and length. Doesn't smudge or flake. HOWEVER - it's a nightmare to remove!!! I won't repurchase for that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by TanyaMarie1219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ingredients:
Water (aqua), paraffin, polybutene, styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer, beeswax (cera alba), bis-diglyceryl polycyladipate-2, c18-36 triglyceride, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, vp/eicosene copolymer, acacia senegal gum,hydroxyethylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium edta, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium laureth-12 sulfate, glycerin, potassium sorbate, sericin, calcium chloride, sodium hyalluronate, tilia tomentosa bud extract, citric acid, bht, sorbic acid, iron oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499) ultramarines (CI77007), chromium oxide greens (CI77288) chromium hydroxide green (CI77289), titanium dioxide (CI77891)

Loving this product so far. Will add to the review once i get to use this for a couple of times more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I see many reviews saying they should make a smaller tube because the tube is to big and it drys out yes it does that's why I buy the mini size for ten dollars rather then the big tube for twenty-seven dollars. I enjoy this mascara a lot it does not give me crunchy lashes which happens to me a lot with mascara. The wand is nice I use it on top and bottom lashes. I'm pretty sure it is my HG mascara it's the only one I have bought four tubes of. I see people saying oh the falseys does the something personally I hate all those mascara they do not work on me so this product truly is a hit or a miss and with me it is a hit.

EDIT:
After getting lash extensions I found this mascara does not work the same as it used to for me it causes my lashes to spider web and clump pretty bad it is sad because before I loved it maybe if I choose not to keep up with my lash extensions I will go back to this but for now it has gone to the mascara grave yard.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in the mail today in sample size (sephora) and this mascara in my opinion, this is a total pain in the you-know-what to take off. It clumped my lashes, the formula is so wet and goopy.

Save your money on this one guys!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by choirgirlhotel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have super long eyelashes to begin with, but they are not thick. This mascara coats my lashes nicely and brings them to their ultimate length. People always ask me if these are my real eyelashes!

However, it doesn't make them thick at all.

Also, I find the tube too big - about halfway through it dries out. They should make a smaller bottle and cut down on the price. $28 for mascara is really expensive.

I've used 2 bottles of this, but won't be purchasing it again due to the bottle drying out and I need to find something to make my lashes look thicker - I already have the length naturally.