September 2, 2014 | 1221 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by michaellamarie22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When i first purchased this i was so excited because i had heard such good things about it. i started using it for about two weeks and really liked it, it gave me lots of nice length. But after a few weeks i noticed that my lashes were starting to fall out. The formula is so harsh on my eyelashes because it is so hard to get off even with a high end makeup remover. It doesnt say it is waterproof but it seems to be for me. By the end of the day it clumped up. I have another that i bought and i will only use it if i dont have another one to use. i will not be repurchasing this. It's hard to find a really good mascara and im still looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by krispykreme90

So, I received this mascara as a gift from my cousin and have so far used it on two occasions and all I can say is that I am smitten :-)

My lashes are naturally long, however they are very straight and light therefore my eyes don't really stand out that much, so i'm always in need of a mascara to make them pop out and give my eyes some character.

I have used good mascaras in the past from brands like Bourjois and Clinique, but was yet to try out the much raved 'They're real' mascara. After one coat, my lashes became darkened n thick and curled like no other mascara had ever achieved (not even exaggerating lol). For the first time, my eyes looked truly awake and my friends agreed :)

I guess the price is the only down side, but hey, it is by far probably the best beauty product out there and isn't a rip off in my opinion. It works, and it works magic ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfeind7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have quite short and thin lashes. unfortantely this product didnt do what it promised. I wanted to believe all the hype around the product but it just didnt work for me:( its a shame as I LOVE the packaging, but the brush just didnt do anything for me! personally i think it works better on naturally longer lashes, but for us girls with short eyelashes im afraid it just doesnt work as well:(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this mascara is great. Does it give a true false lash look? No, but it's the closest thing out there. People comment on my lashes and ask me how I get them so long! This mascara is the answer for people wanting long lashes gorgeous lashes. The brush is a good shape for application with a little rounded bit on the end for curling.

It's not too intense because it's not the thickest mascara in the world. I do love thick lashes but because of the length I think it would be too much to wear for everyday mascara (I believe Bad Girl lash is the thick lashes one).

This mascara does not flake. I wouldn't say it's waterproof but it doesn't run down my face when I cry, just smudges a little underneath. I started to use a primer underneath the lashes and it holds really well and makes it waterproof. Last time I cried it didn't run at all. I recommend a primer for staying power.

Overall this is a great mascara, it's a little pricey, but it's worth it if you want gorgeous lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had really high expectations as to how this product would perform. Although I was skeptical of the wand, I opted to have a little blind faith and bought it at Sephora.

I cautiously applied 3 coats to my top lashes, allowing about 10 minutes of drying time in between each coat and painstakingly combing my lashes out between each coat. On the bottom a very delicately applied 2 coats. The result: very clumpy, spider-like lashes up on top, and awkwardly curled, but equally clumped bottom lashes.

I'm a self-proclaimed "beauty addict" and I really thought that this product under performed, with results that took entirely too much care (seriously, combing and drying after each coat?!) and could have been achieved with a less expensive option.

For what it's worth, I think that $23 is absurd for the results and I probably would not have purchased this if Sephora actually had testing wands that replicate the one that actually accompanies the product. Another slight annoyance is the bulkiness of the packaging, and the display which promised a free travel sized version, which Sephora conveniently did not have.

I can't imagine how many hours and supplemental tools it took Benefit's MUA to achieve the 'after' photo that's prominently displayed on the box. I'm not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I cashed in point to get this so the fact that i wouldn't repurchase doesn't bother me as much.They have a deal now that they give you a free mini when you purchase a large mascara.
I had to dry this out for like 6 hours before I found it usable. The mascara was so wet and the wand had tons of extra product all over it especially the spiky rounded end, to get corner of the eye.
I found that this mascara required too much work to get it to look nice, it clumps and smudges easily.You need an amazing eyelash comb to fix likely clumps.
I like the wand because it can get into smaller area so i will use this want with other mascara.
This remind my of voluminous carbon black or the one by one by maybelline. and both are better and much cheaper
If this is to expensive for you elf has a mascara that is a decent dupe since the want is exactly the same.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT: This mascara is impossible to get off... I have to scrub and pull it off my lashes, even with makeup remover -- and I have three different makeup removers that I've tried. I don't care if a mascara is out of this world amazing, if I can't get it off without pulling out my eyelashes, its not worth using.

Let me begin by saying the I usually purchase Loreal Voluminous, which I love but wanted to try this because of all of the hype... I think this mascara is AWESOME! Rarely can you find a mascara that will give this much volume and length with just one coat! After two coats my lashes look AMAZING! Two draw backs -- 1. The price: I go through mascara pretty quick and I hate the idea of spending $22 on mascara. 2. The plastic wand will stab your eye atleast once a week, guaranteed.

Will most likely repurchase continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I asked for this for Christmas last year and I hated it. The formula was soooo thick and goopy, it would deliver about a gallon more of product to my lashes than needed. Even wiping off the brush carefully, my lashes would still be a clumpy mess. I mean to the point I had to wash it off. A few times I randomly got it to go on decently (not having changed my method) and it was definitely a very dramatic effect - they still looked too spider-leggy for my preference but some people would love it. I would not have rated it badly just because I didn't love the look... if I could actually get it to apply consistently. 80% of the time it failed though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by SARAHD33x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really nice product, although I must start by saying that because the wand is plastic, if you let the wand get too close to the lashline, it does hurt your eyes. It has nice separation and length, although I found that it did not curl my lashes any more than they already were to start with (I do not use an eyelash curler) and also found that in order to get the best look, one could use a lash comb, just to make sure the lashes stay in place.

The packaging is nice, although I found that there was so much hype over this product. Yes, the product is great, although I didn't find it all that it was made out to be.

My only major con about this product is how insanely difficult it is to remove completely at night, and when I think I have removed all of it before I shower, I find myself with raccoon eyes when I look in the mirror. If it wasn't so difficult to remove I would use this product everyday instead of my normal usage which is only when I want length and separation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a mini of this from Ulta for $9. The packaging is neither here nor there for me aesthetically, but it's functional. The brush is plastic and spiky. Though I prefer traditional bristle brushes, this one works for getting mascara evenly on the lashes. However, the spikes will hurt, so be careful!
As for the formula, it's in the middle between wet and dry for me. It's black and it definitely makes your lashes look "done". You have to work quickly with your application or the formula will clump on your lashes. I tend to do all my coats on one eye before moving to the other to circumvent this. This is NOT a swipe and go mascara.
I am very satisfied with the results of this mascara. It gave me black, thick lashes. However, since I can achieve similar results with cheaper mascaras, I will not repurchase.