September 18, 2014 | 1054 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this product in a monthly sample subscription box. I do like the way that it makes my eyelashes look, and my boyfriend thought that I was actually wearing false lashes. However, I can get similar results with covergirl lash blast, or loreal voluminous false fiber lashes for a fraction of the price. This stuff is also horribly difficult to remove which I am not at all a fan of.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't see the WOW factor in this mascara. For me its just give my lashes a natural look - not much length and ZERO volume! The only thing its good for is separating my lashes. I go back and forth from using regular bristles to rubber/plastic ones. And after using this, I am sticking with the classic bristles! The little spikes hurt my waterline too if I want to get right at the base of my lashes *ouch*
One point for staying power, another for separation. Don't believe the hype!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by crookshanksxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

So here is the good and the bad about They're Real.

THE GOOD:
um... well it made my lashes look nice for maybe a week?

THE BAD:
At first it was too wet and stuck all my lashes together.
Then it worked for about a week and looked great... until it dried out...
It lasted about a month. And it was 30 bucks.

So if you want to pay 30 bucks a month to have your eyelashes look nice for about a week.. this is the mascara for you :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by cynmorgan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this on the basiss of rave reviews from make-up artist at Ulta. The mascara itself didn't deliver but what was worse was the plastic brush. The hard plastic bristles felt like they were damaging my lash line. Yuk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the sample size sold at Ulta. For me, it not only failed to add the drama of false eyelashes, (as the name implies it will), but it didn't even perform like a good daytime mascara intended for low key or natural looks I really like New York Color Instant Lash Mascara for that purpose. It looks natural but doesn't make my lashes look underwhelming. At several hundred percentage points up the price scale, Benefit's TR actually looked duller and duller as the day wore on. Building it up with layers didn't seem to help at all. Though I've read that other reviewers find it to be a deep, dramatic black, for some reason the color seems to show up as a soft, dull black on me.(it might be the undertones of this particular black). On a positive note, it didn't smudge or flake or leave me with raccoon eyes nor did it irritate my eyes at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I have a thyroid problem which in turn has caused my lashes not to be as long or thick as they use to be. I curl my lashes and apply mascara but within the hour they are straight.

I decided to buy a trial size of this mascara at Sephora. The brush isn ot overwhelming for my smaller eyes which are somewhat hooded. I wiped off some of the excess, curled my lashes and applied. Immediately my lashes looked thicker and longer. There was a bit of clumping which I fixed with a clean masacar spoolie. It's 6 hours later and my lashes still looked curled, long and thick.

Overall I like this mascara. I took one lippie off due to the slight clumping, however I have never found a mascara that is totally clump free.

I believe the full size is around $28.00-30.00 Canadian.

I may continue buying the mini size since I toss my mascara every three months.

Edit: I have continued buying the mini size since I toss mascara every 3-4 months. The mini size is around $12.00 Canadian and I don't mind paying that for a higher end mascara in a mini size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Samigfb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara and I am SUPER picky about mascara. If I had to name one makeup item I could not live without, it would be mascra, so as you can imagine, Ive tried just about every type out there. Being a redhead, I have eyelashes that are practically invisible, so daily mascara is a must and it must be long-wearing, not flake, and not irriate my eyes (I also wear contacts).

Despite the fact that my eyelashes are invisible, I was actually blessed with really long lashes, but I love this mascara because it thickens the lashes and it does appear to add some length. I have been asked by friends several times what type of mascara I use when wearing this.

A few tips:

1. This mascara is not listed as waterproof, but you should treat it as if it is when trying to remove. It is difficult to remove (but I actually like that because it does not wear off during the day) so make sure you use an eye makeup remover designed to remove waterproof mascara. As an alternative, when I am out of remover, I use a little olive oil and it takes the mascara right off. I dampen a cotton pad, close my eyes and hold the pad over my lashes for about 10-15 seconds VERY gently wiggling the pad back and forth. I have found this loosens and removes a lot of the mascara.

2. This is a thick mascara so it will clump easily. I usually only wear one coat of it. If I need to layer it, then I make sure to use an eyelash comb between coats. If you dont, then it can clump.

3. Because it is thick and long-wearing, you really need to remove this stuff every night. If you get lazy and sleep in it, then it is more likely to irritate your eyes and lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by nikkie2207

First, this mascara is not worth it for it's price. (28 euro)
Second, It doesn't do anything that it claimed to be.
It doesn't do anything about thickening the lashes nor lengthens it.
After a while of applying it on my lashes it looks more like a grey colour than black.

Overall, im disppointed and I am not buying it again.

Im thinking of buying the maybeline falsies as Ive heard a lot of good things about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm turning into a bit of a 'mascara ho' and have been very curious about this one after seeing so many good reviews about it. So when I was in line for the checkout at Boots and saw a travel size version, I snapped one up.

Okay, the Pros:

-Very black
-Curls lashes nicely
-Tip of brush makes it easy to get the harder to reach lashes
-Does give a lot of length

Cons:

-Doesn't do much for making my lashes look thicker...just longer
-Can be messy and clump (but so can any mascara), so you have to be careful when applying and not in a rush.
-HORRIBLE to wash off. After using Cliniques TTDO, an Olay wet cleansing cloth AND a wash cloth, I still woke up the next morning with faint black smudges under my eyes. I'm very particular about getting all my eye makeup off before bed, so this is a big problem for me.

Basically, I think it's an okay mascara and the wand is handy. I actually tried it on top of a EL volumizing mascara and it worked really well to give my lashes some added 'oomph'. Since I didn't use a lot, I didn't wake up to smudges. So using this to get some extra length/curl on top of another mascara is probably going to be the only time I ever use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Biddybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I currently love this mascara! I like to have my lashes look long and separated and not clumpy at all, I have a real pet peeve about clumps and like to be able to see every single lash defined and not spidery. With one coat this does the job and hold the curl very nicely for the whole day. I have heard many people complain that this is really hard to get off at night but I have had no problem removing this. As I have very sensitive skin I use Liz Earles cleanse and polish to remove my make up and it removes the mascara very easily with no loss of lashes and no panda eyes the next morning. Love it but do not necessarily love the price tag so will have to wait and see whether I re purchase.