November 23, 2014 | 1304 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by tequilaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was disapointed with this product I expected a lot longer looking lashes. I also didnt like how stiff this made my eyelashes it kind of hurt to remove it at times. The front of the brush also always gets clumpy

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by emiklio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product kinda blows. I mean, I really thought it would be great based on what everyone says, but no matter how I apply it it makes my eyelashes stick together like none other! I have fairly long, thick lashes to start with and it makes them look worse than before I put on the mascara.

I got it as a sample size, and I do like the brush, but I really dislike the formula.

Oh, and when I went to take it off the other night, some of my eyelashes came off! They were just so brittle from the formula... just that alone makes me want to never buy this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by bfresh0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tons of lashes they are just really short. So I need a mascara that doesn't make my many lashes clump together and also lengthens. This one works amazing. It adds a lot of length because the formula is so thick but the brush makes it so the thick formula doesn't let lashes clump together. love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by caperucita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample, and I'm glad I didn't pay anything for it, because, for me, the hype is totally unjustified. The best thing about this mascara is the brush, which is really good. The fomula, not so much; it makes my lashes stick together, and doesn't lenghten so much. It definitely performs way worse than my 3 Esssence mascara. For the record, I have long, curved, thick lashes, so making them look good is not so hard. At this price point, I was expecting more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On my neverending search for new mascara, I found this product. I was recommended this mascara by a few frineds I must say I'm impressed it added volume, length and holds a curl especially when I use with my eyelash curler. It can get clumpy if you layer on after it's dry . Seems to last all day with no flakes or smudging which is a major plus for me! Isn't that hard to take off as some reviews said I use neutrogena oil free eye remover and it comes off perfectly! It is a little expensive for my taste but none the less a great product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ew, talk about spider lashes. This looked really gross on with only one coat, it was flaking and smearing everywhere and looked very clumpy. Got it with the sephora free birthday gift, or I would have never tried it otherwise ($10 for a mini or $20some for full size? way too expensive for such a crap product).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I'm not sure why there was so much buzz about this product, but it doesn't work for me at all. The formula is so wet that it instantly uncurls my lashes and sticks them together. I do get good volume and definition, but at the cost of curl and goo-ed up lashes? No thanks.

The brush is supposed to be amazing because of the little spike ball at the end, which I sort of agree with. The ball does work well and allow me to grab onto all the little corner lashes, but it sometimes have a lot of product gooped on, so I'd have to clean it. The rest of the wand has spikes that are too short, so they can't really be used unless I feel like stabbing myself with the spike ball.

Overall, okay wet formula mascara that doesn't smudge and gives good volume, but not worth the price IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this a few months back through a subscription service and LOVED it so much that I purchased the full size. I have loved this mascara up until now. My eye lashes have always been full and a reasonable length; I was not blessed with absolutely amazing eyelashes but I wasn't cursed with bad ones either. I have tried tons of different mascaras from high end to drugstore, none of them have ever done to my lashes what this product has done to mine.

My lashes are now thin and sparse. Even with the gentlest eye makeup remover and method, this product was impossible to get off without losing lashes. I'm upset I didn't really notice it until it got bad. Stay away from this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by mariahzaharaaa

This mascara does just about everything on the package (ie: dramatic length & volume, base-to-tip curl, visible lift and long wearing results) but I top it off with another lengthening mascara as my lashes are really short. The brush may take some time to get used to if you're used to finer bristles but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty great at making sure your lashes don't clump. I found that the trick is not to coat your lashes over and over at once but to go one coat at a time, alternating between your left and right eye. 2 coats do the trick; 3-4 if you want a more dramatic look.

The only problem I have - and it's the same problem I have with most of the mascaras I've tried - is that it's only long lasting when I stay indoors most of the day. The Southeast Asia region is generally hot and humid and this makes my mascara melt easily. With They're Real though I notice that it doesn't leave me with as much residue as the others I've tried.

Cosmetic companies have yet to figure out a solution for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by jessmichellex0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely amazing Mascara, I am a mascara junkie and I just have to say this is the best mascara I have ever used! It honestly did everything that was said on the packaging, which is not always common among cosmetic products, because sometimes they can over exaggerate their claims! It does not weigh down my lashes, and the mascara is not dry for me whatsoever. However, it's a bit hard to remove in the shower even though it is not waterproof... regardless, this is just a great mascara, and I highly recommend it...

It's also long wearing! No smudges, nor smears.