August 28, 2014 | 1173 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have acne-prone combination skin with some fine wrinkles, dark rings under my eyes, and and brown spots.
Before I bought this foundation, I read the reviews and used the shade finder on the Maybelline website, since I really wasn't sure, if it would work for me - but then I thought, $7 is not a great loss. It recommended 110 for me - their lightest shade. I was really skeptical, because the light shades are almost indistinguishable online.
When I first applied it, it looked too light, but after a couple minutes it looked just right - indoors and outdoors. The coverage is kind of sheer, but not too sheer. It evened out my skin tone. The concealer matched very well on my under-eye area, but not when I used it on a small spot on my shoulder. Strangely enough, it turned orange?!?
I did not buy the powder to go with it, but used a good one from another line that has worked well for me so far. A few hours later, my forehead was pretty shiny and I needed to touch up. I am not convinced that their powder would have done a better job. The foundation and concealer did settle some in my fine lines under my eyes, but that may have been due to the moisturizer I used. A quick swipe with the pinky and it looked fine.
So all in all, it is not a bad foundation, but not a great foundation. The only thing that stumped me was their blush recommendation to go with 110 - Light Pink! Really?? I don't think so.
Would I buy it again? Maybe - since I am often hard to match. I marked no, since maybe is not an option. The color match is pretty good and it is cheap and this will work, when I don't have acne flare-ups. But as so many of us, I will keep looking for my Holy Grail.
My skin tone is very fair, with some beige and yellow/golden undertones. EDM 50/50 mix Sandy Fair/Fairly Light. Meow Inquisitive Siamese or Korat in PP. BE 50/50 mix Fair/Fairly Light was too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath_987

In general, given the price I was very pleased with this foundation. I found it easy to apply (used only my fingertips the first time) and it didn't cake or settle into lines like the other foundations I tried. It did not make my skin oily either.

Unfortunately I bought a shade darker by mistake (220 instead of 210), but it's still usable for my light yellowish skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by marinalovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation when I had saw all the ads in the magazines, & it was only sale for only $4.50, I had to try it. The sleek packaging really made me want to buy it over the Revlon Colorstay. I picked the shade 120 (picked it perfectly!). I applied it with a cosmetic wedge. At first when I applied it, I was amazed at the coverage and how dewy & glowy it made my face look. But 2 hours later when I looked in the mirror, my face was splotchy and a lot of my foundation had come off. I had even set it with MSFN that morning. This foundation doesn't ever really set.
I tried for a week but I never got the results I wanted. Nice at first, good coverage, but doesn't last.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by albs

I thought I'd really like this but unfortunately that was not the case. I like the idea of a foundation that allows your skin to show through but honestly I may as well have been wearing nothing at all. It does make your skin look fresh and dewy at first but by noon (I apply my makeup at 7 AM) it's sliding all over the place and my face looks very shiny. I've tried it with a primer and I set it with powder but there is little/no improvement. Good concept, poor execution. And those commercials! Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by hotpinknike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Color matching is good, but goes on DRY and cakey. Returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

Ok, i have oilier skin, this is NOT ment for oily skin at all because it doesn't contain anything to absorb oil or to control moisture on the skin. The formula is awesome though, blends well, good medium coverage ( can be light also if applied very sheer) and has tons of colors to match many skin tones! The packaging sucks though I hate pour tops; but other than that not bad!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

really not bad for it's price..........i'm not a frequent drug store makeup user but recently i got curious about this foundation with ads all over the place so i gave it a try when it was on sale for 7.99..........to be honest i dun see much different with this between the other high end 50 dollars foundations that i have....i asked my fd if they see any different but none of them was able to tell...........and actually this stays on my face better than the expensive stuffs and also feel lighter.....it really doesn't hurt to try at his price.....and for references i'm nc30 and i'm 220............UPDATE: from 5 to a 1, it makes my face so dry and greasy by the end of the dayy......and as weather gets warmer...it really doesn't stay .......so i wouldn't recommend this...........

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by carrielovesfashion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you use this foundation with the corresponding powder and concealer, I think it works really well! It is a light-medium coverage but that was all I expected it to be when I bought it. It matches very well to my skin tone and it blends very well. It's also super buildable and you can get pretty good coverage when you use the concealer and powder that goes with it. For the price, I think this is a really nice foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

I don't have any of the problems I've read in the reviews for this fdtn. And I don't get it either. Mabye it's just their skin? Either way this is me; pale, sensitive, acne-prone, oily t-zone, redness, and overall a PITA to deal with. And even though I've got all of this, this is, by far, the best fdtn I've ever bought.

For one, it matched my skin PERFECTLY. I did go online to their website and took their questionaire before I decided on a color. It said I was a 125 but when I compared in store, I really was a 120. They looked similar, but 125 had a little more pink/red to it.

It also felt nice applying with just my fingers. The top of the bottle is small enough for you to top your finger over and tip upside down to get a small sized dot, which for me is enough to cover one side of my face. It's not heavy and definetly let my face 'breath' while not looking cakey. Since summertime is coming up this is def. a plus, but I would continue to wear this during the winter as well.

What I really don't get is how ppl are saying the staying power isn't great. The first actual full day I wore this had me hooked. I got up early, cooked all day in a hot kitchen (weekend bbq) and had a late evening with guests w/out the fdtn budging. I didn't use the Fit Me Pressed Powder but I did use Maybelline's Shine-Free Loose Powder. Needless to say w/my oily skin I thought this was awesome.

I hope that, if you're still reading this extensive review, will give it a chance. For under $7 at Walmart it's worth a try. Thanks for reading! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by swtNdsour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shade 325, FITS ME! I bought this product about a month ago & I am satisfied. Like any other beauty product that is sold at CVS, Walmart or Walgreens, It definitely has its downside, but .. with this foundation, if you find your correct shade, you'll love it. I do suggest you use this with a cosmetic tool because it can get messy and off-looking if you use your fingers. & Ladies, if you are acne-prone I don't suggest you use this b.c it'll look like you just put pancake batter over scrambled eggs. Anyway, to the product, its perfect for pictures and ever'day' wear but if you're planning on going out to a club or something, dont even think about putting this foundation on. When sweat drips off your face, your foundation will follow. It has a faint light flower smell to it too. I personally use this as a concealer and it blends seamlessly. Buy it, try it, love it!