February 1, 2015 | 2021 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by asherfox

Horrible. This foundation left my pores looking huge, EXTREMELY oily as well- coming from one with normal-dry skin. It is legitimately chicken grease, and DID NOT stay on. You have an hour at max for staying power. The price is the only pro, as it is cheaper than most.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by narumololli

I have trouble finding liquid foundation that stays on but is light because I'm a dancer and i sweat a lot but i hate the whole heavy thing. So i got this because my friend recommended it, it was really light and looked extremely natural but it was REALLY shiny and it came off SO EASILY. 3 min after applying my shirt rubbed against my face and it turned orange. And when i got back from dance it was all off my face. So if you have combo or oily skin i do not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only drug store foundation I'll buy. First off, it seems to work with my yellow toned skin well. Maybelline Fit Me has a good range, and they display it easily for people to figure out what would be a good color match. For reference, I wear MUFE HD foundation in 155 and I originally picked up Fit Me in 310. 310 actually was a shade lighter, and when I went back to Walmart they ran out of the next shade, 315, so I grabbed 320. 320 is too dark, so now that I have two bottles I mix them. Which actually worked out for me as sometimes when I'm more tan I can add more of the 320 shade, or if I'm a bit more paler I can use more of the 310 shade. Nonetheless, it's affordable hence why I didn't hesitate to pick up another bottle ($6 something at Walmart).

Packaging is nice, simple glass bottle with black cap, but wish it came with a pump. But, not a total deal breaker for me. This comes in the standard 1 oz amount.

Application is easy, easy to blend. Coverage is light to medium, so if you have scarring, blemishes or a lot of redness or skin discoloration, uneven tone, this won't really help you. I'd say two layers of this will give you medium coverage, any more layers you'll look cakey.

The finish is really dewy... natural but really dewy. The staying power of this foundation is pretty decent, It usually lasts me all day (8 hour+ work day).

I would NOT suggest this to those who have oily skin.. you'll end up looking like a grease ball. I have normal skin but when it gets hot and humid my nose gets a bit oily and this melts right off my nose. But, during cooler months it seems to be okay.

Overall, I do love that this foundation works with my yellow toned skin as 99% of drugstore foundations tend to be too pink for me. Both shades I have, 310 and 320, seem to not be pink and more neutral.

Hope that helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by candycane08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation but im not in love with it. Im a nc 35-37 and I wear a 220-230 in this, it doesnt have the best coverage but it still looks nice, its more of a tinted moisturizer, it doesnt last all day so I wear this when Im not doing anything major, you cant wear this out to a night club. I would buy it again tho

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bree123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product because I needed a switch from my powdered-foundation that wasn't working well with my dry skin. When I first applied it I was impressed with how well the color matched my skin tone and I liked the dewy finish. Coverage wise I'd say it delivers as it advertises, light to medium, which is enough for me. However, now that summer is here and I've moved to a more humid climate... I am in dire need of a replacement. During the day it feels heavy on my skin and I wash my face almost immediately when I get home to take it off. I set it with the matching powder but it's still causing me to become very oily throughout the day and I'm searching for something new.

Overall I'd say it's a decent foundation for the winter and the price can't be beat. The bottle looks pretty but isn't functional (I've dropped it several times and the corners are all chipped) and there is no pump which is unfortunate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I have to echo what everyone else has said - this foundation is only for very dry-skinned people! I have combination skin, and I was an oil slick in just a few hours, even after setting it with my trusty dream matte powder. It's unfortunate, because they have a pretty good color range (I found a near perfect match in 115) and right after applying, the foundation looks amazing - not matte, but not too dewy - and it gives a natrual, light-to-medium coverage, which I prefer. The glass packaging looks classy and modern, but there's no pump. It's somewhat pricey for a drugstore foundation (~$12) as well. Overall, just not a very versatile product. It might only work for those with truly dry skin, but even then, I'm not so sure. Only buy/try this if the store has a good return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by honey12

This was my first foundation. It broke me out after 2 days of use and make my skin get red and small bumps. Also, it does not cover well at all and has a bad smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Marie314

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time i applied this foundation I was excited because it looked amazing. It left my skin with a light dewy finish. After about a half hour of wearing it around my house i looked in a mirror and it had completely worn away. The staying power is horrible. Definitely not a long wearing foundation. It also has no coverage whatsoever. I wouldn't suggest this foundation to anyone. It was a waist of seven bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by roscoemydog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love to tan & bought this in 315 shade. the color match is perfect. my skin is acne prone & this doesn't make it worse. had that problem with cover girl & revlon foundations. my mom uses the fit me in a different color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Angela2023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start with what I like about this foundation. The color match is perfect, I love colorstay but could never find my perfect match. I have very clear skin so I really don't need heavy coverage just something to kind of even out my skin tone and this does the job perfectly.

Now what I don't like. I think this is a scam to make us buy the entire product line. It never sets! I don't have oily skin by any stretch of the imagination, but as soon as I put this on my skin feels tacky until I set it with powder (which is so convenient because of their # system). If i don't set it this stuff slides off my face in an hour. And it is soooo sheer that it does nothing to cover my dark circles which means I must use a good concealer to look half alive.

So for the price I guess its ok, not amazingly, but it gets the job done with a little help.