November 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I matches my skin perfectly I'm normally NC20 in the winter and the shade deauville matches perfectly. The coverage is med-full which is what I like. If I want more sheer I'll used a damp sponge to apply. I haven't had any problems with getting greasier or shiny through the day. Probably because I always use the Shiseido spf 55 lotion on my T-zone as a mattifying primer. It wears very well without being cakey. However if u wear more than 9 hours I notices it pools a little but nothing a little blotting and blending won't take care of. Overall I like it a lot and it's becoming one of my HGs.

Packaging could be better with a pump. Otherwise I like the glass bottle.

Updated 6/26/10: The shade Deauville is too light for me in the summer and as the weather gets warmer I notice that it melts a little or gets cakey. I'm oily and my sister is dry and we both wear the same foundation and I notice the same effect on both of us that it gets cakey

Update 4/18/2010: I found out if I only use a little bit of it instead of a lot it takes away the cakeyness and looks less mask-like and more natural looking. Using fingers to apply is a must for natural finish, using a brush makes it mask-like

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by cchien

i'm a mac nc25-30, purchased sheer glow in santa fe. i loved the effect after applying; left a sheer wash of foundation and my skin really did glow. but almost immediately after, my oily/normal combo skin became very oily and shiny. i tried setting with different powders and nothing worked. i exchanged it for sheer matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

I normally don't like wearing foundation because I find it too cakey and orangey (think MAC) on me, but the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is a dream texture!

I have combination skin, very dry after I wash my face but oily throughout the day and this product just worked perfectly for me. It's very light and provides medium to light coverage. Looks quite natural and blends in beautifully for a near flawless complexion. I always set it with NARS powder. The texture of the foundation is also very liquidy but dries quickly. A little goes a long way!

My only peeve is that the bottle is going to get tricky to use when there's not much left. I really wish they had included a pump on this one!

Update May/29/2010: I still love this foundation, however, as I near the end of the bottle ... I really hate that it doesn't come with a pump. When I'm traveling, I find it inconvenient to bring and pouring the bottle out has caked the sides with foundation I could have saved. NARS please put a pump on this one! I will even pay extra to buy it separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by babyazn87

This is one of the best foundations I have used.
It actually makes my skin fairly flawless, and I do not need to use much. This foundation feels very light to me, like I am not wearing anything
The MA told me that it is better to apply this foundation with your fingers. I usually use a stipple brush but thought I'd give it a shot.
Make sure your skin is nicely moisturized. I also apply Nars primer beforehand. You really do not need much. I always buff it out after applying it with my fingers.
I wish it would come in a pump.. I don't understand why they won't change the design.
I noticed that I do not really get a "glow". It is neither matte or dewy.. I am planning on mixing it with something, as I like the dewy look!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

I love the look of this foundation the name says it all. Only problem is that its a bit expensive other than that ur skin will look flawless

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour: I'm NC25-30 (more on the lighter side of NC30), MUFE HD 120, & DiorSkin Nude 023 and was colour matched to Fiji. During the summer, I was on the darker side of NC30 and was in b/w Fiji & Punjab. I have neutral undertones so both colours do not really suit me. Fiji is really yellow and Punjab is really golden. Even now, I'm forcing myself to use Fiji.

Photographs/Videos: In photographs, no matter what colour foundation I use with this line, my face always comes out whiter. But in videos, this foundation makes my skin look flawless and I have active acne and pigmentation.

Coverage: medium-full end. It can cover my pigmentation from acne. This foundation can look very cakey. Each time I wore it, even a thin layer, will look like there is foundation on my skin.

Texture: very heavy feeling on the skin when compared to foundations like MUFE HD, Guerlain Aqua, DiorSkin Nude, etc..You know there is foundation on your skin. Now this isn't as heavy feeling as NARS Sheer Matte. It is not transfer resistant so you can take your hand and wipe it on your face and have foundation all over your hand.

Application: I used both my Sephora #55 brush, MAC 190, MAC 187, MAC 109, and my fingertips to apply this foundation. Seems like no brush will work. You need to use your fingers.

Price: Purchased at Sephora for $55CAD. Will be making a return.

Reaction: After wearing it for a few days, I started noticing this foundation was causing a lot of clogged pores which ultimately led to breakouts. Definitely not friendly to those with super sensitive acne prone skin.

Finish: As others have mentioned it is not sheer not does it give a glow. It will give a glow by the end of the day when your oils seep through. But it isn't as dewey as DiorSkin Nude or Studio Sculpt. Very one dimensional and matte looking. But by the end of the day, there are chances that you might look like a greaseball.

Packaging: comes in a bottle with a cap and lid. Does not come with a pump as others have mentioned.

Overall not the best foundation that I've tried and will continue my search for a liquid foundation that does not break me out. This foundation is better than Sheer Matte. Please check out my review for that if you are interested.

Just a side note, Sheer Glow colours run lighter than Sheer Matte colours even though they are under the same name.

Note: even though Sephora sells all colours of this product on their website, their Toronto (Ontario) stores do not have the colour "Ceylan." I've checked. They don't even have a placement for it.

12 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation when it first came out last year and I had mixed emotions about it. I use Gobi which is perfect for my NC15 skin. The product can be esily blended with fingers and has a nice coverage (medium) without looking cakey. Whilst not perfect it is very good and imparts a nice and natural glow. It does not last all day (after max 6 hours it is completely gone). Not cheap at £29 - especially considering it has no pump. I like the colour, but it is too dry for my skin in winter. It works in the summer though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by lingciousss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok first off, this doesn't cover anything. i don't get why some say the coverage is great. it is buildable but this does NOT cover! its really sheer, even mac's select tint and stila's tm covers better. that said the finish is nice on good skin days, if you have any darkness, capilleries and such to cover, this isn't gonna cut it. this is great to even out good skin though, for the price, many foundations and tm's does this at a better price, and packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I had hopes for this foundation, but found it lacking. I'm an NC30 who finally settled on Santa Fe - the match wasn't perfect, but it worked. Yet the finish of this was really obvious on me, when the point of sheer foundation is to look natural, and a little streaky no matter how well I blended. As for the sheerness, I've had tinted moisturizers that covered better than this. I looked both shiny and tired while I was wearing this and that's with my skin in pretty decent shape. I wound up getting the effect I wanted from Diorskin Nude so I won't use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by thememorymotel

Love, love LOVE this foundation. Its light but buildable and its a lovely texture. I love the feel of it on my skin, it feels like I am wearing nothing.

One of the best foundations i have ever used.

I however gave it one less star because I HATE its packaging, it needs a pump! luckily i managed to ask one of the mecca girls for a pump from an old bottle.