October 25, 2014 | 1241 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The search is finally over.. I have found...... my HG foundation. :: cue fireworks:: :) The Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is THE best foundation I have ever used, and I have tried A LOT.. It's sheer, hydrating and pigmented. It looks so natural on, and it stays on all day without needing any touch ups or setting powder. Thank you Francois for creating such a wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks great in photos, you really get flawless looking skin. I find the best way to apply is with your fingers and then to smooth over it with a sponge, when I try it with a brush it goes on very streaky. It does dry very quickly and on my skin it actually dries matte and not shiny or very glowly but it looks lovely and natural - I use highlighters to give me a glow instead. I really loved it when I first got it but would prefer more of a glow but I prefer it to anything else that I've tried and I really have tried everything out there. It seems to last most of the day and every time I am look in the mirror I am happy with the way my skin looks.

I had an old Smashbox illuminating fluid bottle which had a pump and I swapped the bottle tops so I know have a pump on my sheer glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by pinkelephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Total HG foundation status. I can't even believe it. I hate foundation 99.99% of the time but wanted to give this a try. I'm NC30/35, ColorStay Medium Beige, and MAC F&B C4 and I bought Sheer Glow in Barcelona. It seems a tad yellow, but the shade down from this is more yellow and the shade up is too dark. I first tried to apply it with my MAC 109 brush but it dried too fast and I couldn't get good application. I tried again with my fingers and it just felt like I was applying lotion. It was SO smooth and just melted right into my skin. I can't even describe how smooth and even my skintone looks with this on. It feels so light... like I don't have anything on my face. I did the "up close and personal" test in the mirror and it passed... it doesn't settle into the lines on my forehead (just about every foundation I've ever tried does). I am totally in love. It was a little expensive at $42, but I will definitely repurchase.
EDIT: I exchanged Barcelona for Punjab and it's a perfect match.Turns out I'm lighter than I thought. NC25/30.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by PolyBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. Syracuse is a perfect colour match to my brown polynesian skintone. Gives me a nice glow without being too shiny and leaves my skin looking smooth and flawless. Its $120 where I live but sooo worth the money! I only wish it came with a pump. Before this I could not find a shade match in any drugstore/highend brand foundation. Highly recommend this to women of polynesian descent.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by everythingsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I came in reallyy hoping to like this.. and I didn't :(
The girl at Sephora gave me a sample and matched me with Siberia- I am vampire pale. It was a very good color match and she gave me a small sample to try. Excited, I took it home only to find a couple things after applying;
1.) It dries sooo fast! You don't really have a chance to manipulate it.
2.) It looked HORRIBLE on my dry skin. I'm sure other people with dry skin have had the experience after applying skin makeup on to find that it looked flakey.. that's what mine did!
3.) It didn't give a glow either.
I was really disappointed with this. I don't think it's a good choice for people with dry skin. So I guess I'll just have to keep searching!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by LornaDale

I love the feel of this product on the skin. It is so light I do not feel like I am wearing a foundation which I really love. I would say this has medium coverage because it does cover quite a bit but it is definitely not a full coverage product. It is quite expensive so I do feel the need to conserve this product as much as I can. Honestly, the packaging worries me because I have to tip a glass container that is oddly shaped to get this fairly runny product onto my finger tips. For the price of this product I do not see why the packaging needs to work against me. I will suffer through it because I love the foundation but I won't necessarily like it. I have oily skin but this does work for me in the wintertime when my skin feels more dry. i would not dream of using this in the summer. Perhaps, I will try out NARS Sheer Matte for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cocoblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i got a sample of this and i have to say it is amazing and i will definitely be buying it when it gets a pump (haha)!
my skin is good already and i dont like foundations which cake your skin or look too obvious (like mac moistureblend eurgh), this also worked really well on my dry(ish) skin and left it feeling so smooth and silky! it also looks good in photographs as it reflects the camera flash beautifully!
also its doesn't make your skin look greasy because its so lightweight!
i wear siberian and its the perfect colour for fair skinned people who aren't paper white! X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, first I have to say something to all of those who gave this product a bad rating because it doesn't offer enough coverage - HELLO!!!!! It's supposed to be SHEER! It's even called SHEER Glow foundation. So how does this happen that you buy a SHEER foundation, try it on, and then are SHOCKED because it's ... GASP ... SHEER!

Anyway, I liked this product. I was looking for a sheer foundation to wear for eveings out because my skin is pretty even and during the day I just wear powder.

This product gives a nice glow and even coverage.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a SHEER foundation and not a full coverage one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by athenaetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used diorglow and lancome for the past couple of years. Definitely LOVING Nars sheer glow compared to these foundations.

It's not a heavy coverage, and that's what I love about it. There's still a little of my natural skin showing through, so it doesn't look like a chalky/funky mask.

The packaging could be better. A pump would be nice...it's just an open bottle top, and the product could just pour out if you're not careful

Name suits it perfectly...as it does give a "sheer glow".
I will be using this foundation from now on (or until something even better comes my way..haha)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by yellowjello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the high reviews for this product! I have combination skin and thought I could get some decent coverage...boy was I wrong. The other reviewers were right, you can build coverage, but it just turns really cakey and nasty. I thought it might've been just me so I tested it again when my skin was perfectly clear, but had the same results. I tried using a foundation brush, sponge, AND stippling brush (not all at once). NOTHING LOOKS GOOD! I also don't like how there isn't a pump. I know it's easily remedied with a q-tip, but I don't like it. I'd give it zero stars if I could