BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2033 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 10/31/2006 11:47:00 AM

This stuff needs to be a gel, I agree. All I end up with is cherry koolaid color spots on my cheeks and a rather unnatural color on my lips. For me it needs to be more of a cool color. It might look like it in the bottle but it didn't work that way for me after I applied it.

on 10/29/2006 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I can't work this stuff on my cheeks; it's too difficult for a spaz like me to get it on evenly. I use it on my lips as a pretty stain. Too inconvenient for me. Maybe if it was a gel, it'd be easier.

on 10/28/2006 4:35:00 PM

Love this! I have been wanting it forever and finally received it in a swap. This is so natural looking and stays all day, my HG blush now! I will definitely repurchase when I need to, and I use this every day. Only dislike is the pink finger syndrome...

on 10/26/2006 9:20:00 PM

Ahhh....Benetint! We love it, we hate it...but at the end of the day, there just isn't anything else like it! Benetint it the most perfect natural but so so much better and bolder color going! Completely wearable and stunning on lips under just about any gloss it is one of my very very few HG, desert island picks! I was actually turned on to this product in college by a Theatrical MakeUp professor who used it on lips of the males to give definition and color without a truly "lipstick-y" look. On cheeks, try drawing a circle with either High Beam or Moon Beam on each cheek. Then, make an "X" in Benetint inside the circle (do one cheek at a time...we don't want this to dry this way:) and then blend in a circular motion. The HB or MB makes the Benetint creamy enough that it blends and gives a nice natural sheen while the Benetint adds a nice, natural flush since it is a little diluted. Here's the lowdown on Benetint..

PRICE-Not crazy expensive but not cheap, however, it lasts soooooo long it brings the Cost Per Wear to pennies, if that. I am just about out and I've had the bottle for almost 3 years (scary, I know) with every day use on lips and 3to 4x weekly on cheeks.

PACKAGING-Cute and typical of Benefit. Not so sure that I love the glass bottle as far as safety and portability but the newish Pocket Pal pretty much solves that problem. As far as the "nail polish" type applicator, I actually like it. Great for lips and cheeks as long as you use it properly.

SCENT-A little funky...but not overwhelming and for as perfect as this product is, I can handle it.

COLOR-Gorgeous and versatile. You can make of it what you want. Do it under a light dusting of Bronzer for a believable tan (real tans always have just a touch of pink). Wear it with clear gloss for a cherry lip. Do it with lip balm for low maintenance. Try a taupey gloss or a nude (Like MAC Fashion Spread) for an almost mauvey toned down lip. Just play with it...its one of the absolute most versatile products to have in your arsenal.

on 10/15/2006 10:14:00 PM

I love the idea of this blush - natural looking "just pinched" cheeks, lasting power and no powder to rub off. Even the nail-polish resembling packaging looks cute at first. However, I've grown to dread applying this stain due to the "pink fingers" syndrome it produces. Because you have to blend it with your fingers on the cheeks, the fingers end up stained as well and that just sucks. Who wants to walk around with hands like that?
I think next time I'll have to try those gel blushes that come in a handy stick instead.
I don't plan on purchasing this again however I likely won't even have to because the little bottle lasts forever.

on 10/15/2006 3:44:00 PM

Ditto what EVERYONE else has said! Love this as a stain, but the packaging is very annoying. I love the pinched cheeks look it gives me- great paired with Moonbeam.

on 10/15/2006 10:55:00 AM

benefit does amazing make up and benetint is one of their best. Its long lasting and gives a subtle flush wihtout looking heavy and caked on. My only criticism is that i wasn't great on sensitive prone to break out skin. I would still buy it again though.

Great lip and cheek stain- beautiful natural flush. Perfect for special occasions and more natural makeup days. It smells kind of weird but it lasts forever (both itself, and on you) and it makes lips so sexy. However, it's hard for me to blend it if I am luxuriously applying makeup (that is to say if I don't spread it well immediately after application, and it often has the dreaded obnoxious fuchsia effect on my skin.

on 10/8/2006 10:55:00 PM

I bought this one nigh at the Benefit counter at the mall. I had a habit of applying lipstick to my cheeks becuz I dont like the powdery look of blush when I already wear powder.This comes in a charming glass bottle and is a very thin liquid which smells just like rose water. In the bottle its a deep sexy red and its also dark when you take the nail polish style brush and dot it on your cheeks,,you must rub it in fast or it will leave you with patches , i like to apply it in small amount in 4 tiny dots and rub that in, then if i need more ill apply it. It seems to absorb into my suncreen and disappear lie every other blush and lipstick i put on my cheeks. I have very light olive skin. Overall this is a fun blush for me and it gives the sexiest, naughtiest glow. It is VERY expensive though, I paid 26.00 for mine in NYC. Oh and for the lips,, it takes alot to get it to give me any color becuz it just rubs off on my fingers and when it does color my lips its the color you get when youve just eaten an ice pop or a red candy that stained your mouth, not very appealing lol

on 10/4/2006 1:17:00 PM

I can't understand why some of you find this doesn't last very long. It's a stain. It stains your skin. It takes like a couple washes with soup and water to get rid of it for me. =) it's a perfect natural pink/red and just deepens the colour of my lips a little as they are naturally quite red. as you only need a little bit, it lasts for ages. BUT there are much cheeper stains out there! Body shop makes one and also MEMEME (at superdrug) and it's only 5 quid. =)

Popular Blush Products