October 24, 2014 | 1046 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2009 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Receiving cult status, this innovative product started a trend during the late 90's! The multipurpose stain for lips and cheeks was such a novel idea! I succumbed and had my own little bottle... however, I found it very drying and the color would come out blotchy. Maybe I haven't perfected the application... but the color is beautiful. Do they make this color in a different formula? A creamy one perhaps? I must say that the color is akin to those youthful years spent playing ring-a-round-the-rosey! Love the color, but I didn't like the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by funkgirldeluxe

I like Benetint as a blush, it really complements my Asian skintome. It's not difficult to use if you spread it out immediately, but will go streaky if you leave it on your cheeks for too long. I find that sometimes it will fade as the day goes on, depending on the humidity and how greasy my face is getting (love the oil blotters!). I don't use it on my lips as it dries them out too much. I love the rose fragrance and the cute bottle. I'm on my third bottle in 3 years, it lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by julia1211

This stain looks absolutely beautiful and natural on my skin (Asian, lightly tanned). Got compliments from my hubby the first time I wore this as a blush. The application is not the easiest, but I'll overlook that just because the results are so great. I love the color it gives my lips too, HOWEVER, the color gets concentrated on the insides of the lips giving me a just-sucked-a-popsicle look. If I could find a way to make it stay put on my lips I'd give it a 5. Would I buy again? Depends how I feel about it a year or more from now. From what I've read this bottle lasts a loooong time. EDIT: Ok, I've got it. For the stain to stay put on the lips, make sure the brush has very little product on it. Then paint lower lip, followed by upper lip. Let dry and follow up with fave non-colored lipbalm. Tada! Fab lips that lasts for hours! And for that I'm going to change my overall rating from 4 to 5. Benetint is a great find indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by RCB123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BeneTint now comes in a 'pocket pal' applicator and I would very much prefer it to the nail polish bottle version. It has a dual wand w/the tint in one end w/a lip gloss applicator, then clear gloss on the other end. It sells for about $18. The brush one tickles my lips too much, so I put it on w/a Qtip but that is inconvenient if you are taking it with you.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2006 12:38:00 PM More reviews by 1iwilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i hate the fact urban decay discontinued my favorite lip ink stain! this is the closest i've come. i love the color, the stay power.... but damN! the rose scent gets me. i like roses, just not on my lips in the morning!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2006 10:25:00 PM More reviews by bermudabetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the cute little bottle, it reminded me of cosmetics from the 1970s. However, Benetint was the most unattrative blush ever used on my light skin. The harsh bright pink made my complexion appear ruddy and unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2006 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sarboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely brilliant! I use this everyday. I've got light brown skin (South Asian) and it looks perfectly fine against my skintone. My technique is to lightly brush a few strokes of it onto each cheek and lightly blend with my finger. It lasts for ages - I bought mine a year ago and still have lots left even with almost constant use. You can also use it on your lips - however, I've found that it dries out my lips and they get a bit sore :o( The colour is nice, though - pinkish tint. It looks very natural on if you blend it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by chlocat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG blush! I adore this product! I am so fussy about blush, this is the first blush product I am 100% happy with.

Colour on cheeks: a cool-toned ruby red that applies on the cheek as a sheer, "flushed", cool-toned, and very natural pinkish-red. Works perfectly with my colouring...I'm a very pale, cool toned PPP, brown-black eyes, and brown hair (natural highlights in the sun are ashy blonde)

Colour on lips: on my somewhat pale lips this applies as a much brighter, pinkier colour...popsicle pink is not an unfair description. I don't wear it alone on my lips, but I do like to use it as a base for layering lipsticks, especially for balancing out warm reds that are usually too orange for me otherwise.

Scent: is of roses, I love the scent! When paired on the lips with a Dior Addict lipstick, I can enjoy the lovely scent of roses all morning!

Application: I find it wonderfully simple. This goes on my cheeks after my moisterizer and liquid foundation (and BEFORE my loose powder...very important). I think of this blush as part of my face "foundation", as it is a liquid tint. I use more than the recommended 3 dots, usually 5-6, and it rubs in very well. I find it very easy to adjust the colour by either wiping a little away or adding more. Takes only seconds, much less time than fussing with a creme blush and sponge, or even a powder blush.

Price: initial investment may seem expensive, but for me definately worth it. Given this does double duty on the cheeks and lips, and that one bottle lasts for about a year, the price is absolutely reasonable. And it takes up less space than a thousand containers of unsuitable, cheap, yucky blush!

Packaging: I love it because it's a space saver, but you have to be careful if you're in a rush or distracted while applying it...spills, drips or dribbles can occur if you're careless. This doesn't bother me in the least, as I'm someone who enjoys the rituals of a make-up routine. This isn't a blush to apply while you're doing 3 other things at the same time, you have to pay attention, but because it applies so perfectly it saves me bundles of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2006 6:43:00 PM More reviews by whitn3yly

I really really like this as a blush. I really wasnt sure about getting this b/c a lot of reviews said this was hard to blend because it just went all over their face b/c its liquid. I had absoltely no problems blending this at all! I love the applicator. I have been looking for a perfect blush forever b/c im very into blushes, they make a huge difference in your all over apperarence. I like that this is kind of thin so that it doesnt look really obvious that im wearing blush. But its enough to give me this very beautiful rosey glow from within. I loooove it but as a lip stain it doesnt work that well because i find that it only stains the INSIDES of my lips and looks really weird. Maybe it would stain my entire lip if I put a lipbalm on before benetint (i do like the way it looks on the insides of my lip though, im always looking for a beautiful sheer red lipgloss!) I could definently see myself repurchasing. If tarte cheek stains ( it never shows up on me. ihave tipsy and tickled) dont work for you, you should TRY THIS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mjh00222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tickles my lips when I apply it. Nice scent. Tints my lips well. Doesn't last very long, but I've gotten so many compliments I don't care!