December 21, 2014 | 1703 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2015 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by crob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a great idea but a disappointment in its execution. I don't consider my skin to be that dry but it set like indelible ink as blush and defied all attempts at blending.

As a lipstain it was hopeless on me - it leeched up into the vertical fine lines above my lips. Urrgh!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

I had such high hopes for this. Unfortunately, it was a great disappointment. The packaging was so impractical, I was worried I d spill it everywhere (I am clumsy like that), didn't look as natural as I d hoped, and for some reason the scent made me feel like I was going to throw up every time I used it. Was not worth the hassle for me. Fortunately, a friend of mine liked the idea of a liquid blush, so it found a good home :)
PS: I found that TBS Lip and Cheek Tint does a better job at a much better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by brooklyn7

Love the colour and scent. Needs a bit of practice as it is a liquid and you have to blend really quickly. Can't feel it on your skin which is great. You have to be careful to blend lightly over foundation or it can mess with your make up. A shame the lettering rubs off the glass bottle. Also I had one bottle which I dropped and broke but I have purchased again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Orion_2003

First of all, it looks like a nail polish (but I bet you know that already). It's pretty difficult for the first time use when you try to even out the streaks you put on your face. Mind you, it dries out very quick. So, as suggested by previous reviewers, do it on one cheek at a time. My technique is to dab the tint on my finger instead of the cheek and then gently dab it on my face wherever I want. It takes a bit of time and practice. In my case, it's better than put it straight over my cheeck. I also use it on my lips as well. Minus-side, it won't look good if you have cysts on your cheeks. I think it's only beautiful if you have even complexion. Plus-side, very economical because it usually lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2006 9:23:00 AM More reviews by skruger

My previous room-mate worked at a Marshall Field’s makeup counter for BeneFit for awhile and would have oodles of products from them. I used this once and decided I needed some for myself, I was a little surprised when she rang up the price because I hadn't even asked about the cost and wasn't expecting it to be so much- not terribly bad, just more than I typically spend on a blush... I was impressed though on how evenly this goes on as long as you apply a little at a time and do only one cheek at a time (when it starts to dry while blending "the other cheek" you may end up with streaks. Was adventurous and pleasantly surprised when I used it on my lips, for my warm/tanned/fair skin it looked very natural. After awhile, I tightened the cap too tightly and the cap was then not able to screw on properly. My room-mate got an exchange for me but after being jumbled around in my makeup basket after awhile, the label is now coming off. The packaging could use a little work and I wouldn't trust it in a bag while traveling (due to its liquid form) but a great product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2006 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Lynard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am somewhat addicted to Benetint. I have fair/medium skin, and it looks like a natural flushed look. I also use it on my lips, and I like that look if you want to look more natural than wearing lipstick. The smell is ok, but I would prefer this unscented.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Receiving cult status, this innovative product started a trend during the late 90's! The multipurpose stain for lips and cheeks was such a novel idea! I succumbed and had my own little bottle... however, I found it very drying and the color would come out blotchy. Maybe I haven't perfected the application... but the color is beautiful. Do they make this color in a different formula? A creamy one perhaps? I must say that the color is akin to those youthful years spent playing ring-a-round-the-rosey! Love the color, but I didn't like the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by funkgirldeluxe

I like Benetint as a blush, it really complements my Asian skintome. It's not difficult to use if you spread it out immediately, but will go streaky if you leave it on your cheeks for too long. I find that sometimes it will fade as the day goes on, depending on the humidity and how greasy my face is getting (love the oil blotters!). I don't use it on my lips as it dries them out too much. I love the rose fragrance and the cute bottle. I'm on my third bottle in 3 years, it lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by julia1211

This stain looks absolutely beautiful and natural on my skin (Asian, lightly tanned). Got compliments from my hubby the first time I wore this as a blush. The application is not the easiest, but I'll overlook that just because the results are so great. I love the color it gives my lips too, HOWEVER, the color gets concentrated on the insides of the lips giving me a just-sucked-a-popsicle look. If I could find a way to make it stay put on my lips I'd give it a 5. Would I buy again? Depends how I feel about it a year or more from now. From what I've read this bottle lasts a loooong time. EDIT: Ok, I've got it. For the stain to stay put on the lips, make sure the brush has very little product on it. Then paint lower lip, followed by upper lip. Let dry and follow up with fave non-colored lipbalm. Tada! Fab lips that lasts for hours! And for that I'm going to change my overall rating from 4 to 5. Benetint is a great find indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by RCB123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BeneTint now comes in a 'pocket pal' applicator and I would very much prefer it to the nail polish bottle version. It has a dual wand w/the tint in one end w/a lip gloss applicator, then clear gloss on the other end. It sells for about $18. The brush one tickles my lips too much, so I put it on w/a Qtip but that is inconvenient if you are taking it with you.