July 24, 2014 | 1913 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2000 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mjh00222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tickles my lips when I apply it. Nice scent. Tints my lips well. Doesn't last very long, but I've gotten so many compliments I don't care!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a product that I have liked ever since I discovered make-up. It may seem pricey, but the bottle will literally last you for at least 2 years! It looks very natural on my PPP skin, and does not fade. Makes me look fresh-faced...gets lots of "you look so healthy and refreshed"-type compliments when worn. The packaging isn't the greatest (it's like a nail polish bottle). But if it were in something else, like a roll-on applicator, I think that it would create a problem, as you have to blend it quickly before it dries and a roll-on might leave a big dot stain on your face. When I tried using this as a lip stain, I thought it looked weird and unflattering (like the BeneTint Lip Balm, which I don't like). So, I only use this as a cheek stain.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2006 9:25:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

The color and scent of this product are great. However, the consistency is way too thin. It is really hard to get it on my lips without it dripping onto the surrounding skin. It is also very sheer on the lips, which means you have to keep trying to apply more. As a cheek stain, I had the same issue--really hard to blend without it dripping all over, and it dries quickly, so you can get really messy really fast. If the product came with a different type of applicator and were a little thicker, it might be great, but as-is, this is just not a workable product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2006 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Dina_K

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good product, but not great. I bought it about 2 or 3 years ago, of course I'd heard so many great things about it. But I really didn't think it was that great on it's own. It's basically hype. The color and smell are lovely, though. But I just didn't like the texture and the packaging. It wasn't all that easy to blend and I ended up mixing it with a tiny bit of moisturizer just so that I could spread it out better and keep my cheek color looking even. Of course this kept it from lasting very long. I still would buy it again though, because I did like it.I would probably put it underneath foundation or a tinted moisturizer and then put another blush on over it, though. It would just be one of those additional things that I use because I like to use, not because I need or because it's all that effective. =P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by henbritches

I love Benefit, have been receiving their catalogues since they were in black and white, and Benefit was my first product. My best friend in high school and I coveted this product, couldn't wait to buy it, and back when it was only $18, we thought it was expensive! But it definitely lasts you a long time, and I still love it as much now as I did back then. It gives you that perfect "I'm naturally flushed" look, lasts all day, and for lips, if you apply it right, looks fabulous too. Sometimes on the lips though, it does get kinda clumpy and stain only the inner part, but you have to make sure they are dry first. Also, applying moisturizer then the benetint on cheeks makes a huge difference, allows you to blend better. sometimes after i put this on, then a foundation, i put a bit more on top and it lasts much longer. I have had so many compliments on this, and because it contains no oils or powders, it doesn't clog pores. Would definitely recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2006 12:54:00 AM More reviews by emorris

I tried this from the Pocket Pal, and I really don't understand the rave reviews this gets in magazines. The packaging is ineffective, the product itself is a disaster waiting to happen (red ink, anyone?), it takes a LOT to be visible and then it fades quickly. Maybe if I went with red ink it would last longer. Hmmm...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2006 9:46:00 AM More reviews by mirandachow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have used this for years and it's always delivered. Gives a nice natural rosy blush colour to your cheeks that you can build on depending on the occasion (everyday through to big night out!). I've never had a problem with application (through winter when I'm paler, or in the summer when I go quite tanned) - I just put 2-3 light streaks across my cheekbones, blend and voila. Yes, it can stain your hands, but I always wash my hands after applying makeup to get rid of risidual concealer, etc off my hands. Don't really use it as lip colour - stains a little too pink but as a blush, you can't beat it. The beautiful rose scent is a bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had my bottle of Benetint for three years and still have lots left. I don't use it everyday (obviously), but I do use it often. I use it less as a blush (it doesn't work with my BM foundation), and mainly as a lip stain. I love using it as a base, topped with a shimmery gloss. The color lasts for hours, and all I need to do is re-apply my gloss to refresh. I'm fair skinned, and I think it looks great in winter when I'm more fair, but it really pops in the summer with a tan. I would definately purchase again, but it lasts so long it will be a while before I'll have to. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Nerdette80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought pocket pal,but it comes with benetint and lip gloss. i like how it gives me a nice natural rosy look...love it! and it lasts the whole day....
have to blend pretty fast...i tried to smear it instead of dab to get more colour on my cheek instead of on my fingers.
only grieve is that i've to use a streak or a cross to have the effect, can't achieve that with three dots...perhaps i'm quite tanned as well. so mine is running pretty fast...

it doesn't last as a lipstick...perhaps half hour?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LandofAhz

I've had my jar for 2 years now and it's nearly gone. Anything that lasts 2 years for $28 bucks is pretty spiffy in my book.

In terms of ease of use - yes, the first few times, you have to get over the novelty and weirdness of feeling as if you're applying fingernail polish as blush. But after you get the hang of it and find your own groove, like everything else, this is a cinch.

So it definitely holds its value for what it costs, my only qualm is that it's crap for lipstick. As a blush, it's long-lasting and gives you that rosy hue we covet. But as a lipstick, it's streaky, drying and all around funky.

Buy it for the blush factor.