MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 5/20/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This liner puts all other fluidlines to shame!!
Before I bought this I was using Loreal hip "truth"..and the color was creamy for a couple of days, then it got hard and difficult to manage. For a couple bucks more you can get blacktrack which is 1000000000% better. It doesnt crease, its smooth and creamy, I love the packaging, it's a true black(you get that bold black sexy line on your eye after lining it with blacktrack)

Thank God I found this.
This is a must have for EVERY woman

on 5/19/2009 3:26:00 AM

It's only decent. The consistency is rather thick, so drawing it on gets a little tricky. Also, I had to apply about 2-3 layers to get the desired intensity. Other than that, it lasted all day (9am till 11pm) without any visible flaking etc.

on 5/14/2009 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily lids and that weird Asian thing where any liner I put on transfers to my lids, except for this liner! It is spring time in the south and I am sweaty. But the fluidline is perfect with no smudging. I am shocked. This stuff has been in for 7 hours now. Oh, the little brush is a no go for me, but use the flat one,212. It looks like I know how to put on liquid liner. HG!

on 5/13/2009 12:48:00 PM

I wanted this product to be more bold and black! On me, it kind of shows up a dull black...I use my Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush to apply this. I don't know if the brush is the problem, but I doubt it. Before I totally discredit "blacktrack", I will try it with MAC's 209 brush to see if there is a difference...I will let you guys know!

UPDATE: I used my 231 brush with this instead of the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush, and now I adore this eyeliner!! The brush you use makes a big difference in the application of this product...get a good brush and try this!! You'll love it!

on 5/12/2009 4:02:00 AM

O
M
G

i am in LOVE.

I have switched eyeliners about 4000000 times trying to find the perfect one and i had just tried YSL which gave major racoon eyes and was going to MAC to go buy another technakohl pencil when I decided to just go for it and try this since i'd seen it mentioned so many times on this website.

i put it on at 9pm, it is not 4am and IT HAS NOT BUDGED. i didn'thave to do that wipe under my eyes ONCE. it goes on soooo smoothly and easily (i used a lise watier angled brush). i didn't put it as into my waterline as usual cuz i just didn't need too, i did under and it looked amazing. i feel like this pot is gonna last realllllyy long so i thought $20 was really cheap considering i finish the technakohl pencils in MAX 3 weeks.

i have only used it once so i will add if i find different results in the future but really i am shocked, amazed and just .. in love with how great this product is.

and absolutely FURIOUS that i have gone so long with dealing with raccoon eyes and wasting money on crappy products!!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This product is a very good eyeliner but it isn't my HG of eyeliners. I used to wear (and swear by) liquid liners but I grew tired of the shininess of liquid liner when it dried, so when I received a gift certificate in November 2008, I decided to take the plunge and I bought this liner. I have use this product daily and I still have more than third of a pot left after almost 10 months of constant use. This eyeliner doesn't budge on my oil slick eye lids (with or without a base), goes on smoother than silk, has a lovely matte/smoky finish, lasts all day and into night, and removes with little effort. My only complaint is if you make a mistake you can't correct it if the gel liner has dried, so I have learned to prefect my eyeliner application and this is why it is almost a HG gel liner. I still prefer cake liners but I am sure this gel liner will remain a part of my makeup collection for many years to come.

This is a wonderful product and may appear a bit pricey but considering you will probably be using this product for more than year it will end up being a huge bargain.

(click continued for pic) HG! I love this eyeliner so, so much. It's easy to apply if you have the right brushes, I prefer either an angled eyeliner brush (I use Sephora) or a bent eyeliner brush (I use Sonia Kashuk). With the latter, the results are amazing. The liner applies smoothly and evenly, and the color is dark! I hate black eyeliners that turn gray, especially since I have darker skin, but this one stays black. It also lasts forever - I have oily lids but the liner doesn't smudge or fade. It won't even come off after a night of sleeping or a shower (provided you don't rub or use soap), but it will come off easily with makeup remover.

continued >>

I was really eager to try this product after hearing all the rave reviews. I've use liquid liners for a long time, tried every drug store brand, wanted to try something different. However I was quite disappointed after trying Fluid line, especially after so much use of felt tip liquid liners. It simply does not stay put, I can't put in on the bottom lash line without looking like a raccoon after a couple hours. Applying a primer to the top lid helps a bit, but its nothing in comparison to the staying power of felt tipped liquid liners. I do like the application of the product and how much of it you get, it works for a lot of things. But if you're looking for staying power as I am, opt for something like Revlon color stay liquid liner. =D

on 5/6/2009 11:34:00 PM

Love it! This little jar will last me forever! The consistency is great and easy to work with. Once applied, I find that it doesn't budge (used with Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base). I like that the colour is intense and doesn't fade. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this product BNIB through a swap, because I'm not a huge MAC fanatic. I've been trying this for the past few days and, well... the raves about this product were 100% true. The formula is creamy and long lasting, the pot holds a great amount of eyeliner for your buck (it's like $14-$15!!), and the color is very rich; not to mention that they have a great variety of other colors to try. I would definetely get this again.