October 31, 2014 | 895 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by toadlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAc fluidline is very fluid as the name would suggest, I say this because often gel liners are cakey and hard and more difficult to apply and pick up on the liner brush. This liner is very longwearing, waterproof-for those of us who have a habit of crying after a glass of wine or two, it gives a striking effect and can be worn as a thin line or in a dark block effect depending on the intensity of the look you're going for. It's an all round great product and has lasted much longer than any other brand I've tried. Comes in a great range of colours too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Marnic123

This product is one of the best eye-liner I used. It may seem like alot of money for a small bottle of eye-liner but trust me you will used it for a long time. GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to purchase Stila's smudgepot, but it's 20$. So I thought about getting MAC's gel liner since it's a bit cheaper. My aunt has the Fluidline in Blacktrack and I wanted to try it out before I bought it. Well, I'm glad that I did. I was really excited to try it out but within a few hours it smudged. I applied liquid eyeliner (what I usually use) on one eye and the fluidline on the other. By the end of the day (of just sitting around in my house) some of the eyeliner smudged down to the bottom of my eye (i only applied it to the top) whereas the liquid liner didn't smear, but looked as if it was about to flake. I was so disappointed.

I thought maybe I had applied too much, so I tried it again today. It still smudged within a few hours. I wouldn't repurchase and wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by tao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fan of the bold cat-eye look, so I've been searching for a long-lasting, super-black liquid eyeliner. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack is my current favourite - it definitely has staying power, and when used with the right brush, you can get a great cat-eye flick.

It takes some practice to get the hang of, but I think that's a given with liquid eyeliners. I find that it's smudge-free and a nice, bold black. Will be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by WinterPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it. It applies so easily and lasts the whole day. The breaking point is the price of this product but I think it's worth the money.
Anyway - I'll definitely buy this again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by micipici

i didnt know how to use eyeliner until i bought this
HG eyeliner for me

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by itschelseavee

i love this eyeliner except the lady who sold it to me gave me the wrong brush! it's way to thick! i like eyeliner thin, & she gave me the mac 209 which i think is pretty think for me, i think she should've gave me an angled brush or a 210, or 208 i forgot which one it was?
ooookay, well it's weird cause i didn't put any at the bottom, and at the end of the day it goes to my undereye....but other then that it stays on all day!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by December1220

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good fluid eyeliner, but the major problem is that it drys out way tooooooo fast. i had it for like two weeks and already the texture is getting really hard. no longer smooth :( don't waste your money.
i will not but again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by yobay3

It's so sad to see so many bad reviews for this product but it has not drastically effected the overall rating :) This is my HG eyeliner times a millllllion! Lets start with the price, 15. Well it pays for itself. I used to use my drugstore maybelline waterliner and other product for 5 years around $7 every two months; sometimes every month. I use this everyday and I'm still haven't finish this product. It has been since June '08 that my sister-in-law introduce this to me. And thank her! Ten months of use! I used it on my waterline also since March. So that's alot of use. Its easy to apply with my 266 but any angled brush will do to achieve the cateye. I wanted to make an even cateye between both eyes but had trouble which is why she recommended it to me and gave me her spares :) It gives a precise line. I mean I haven't had a problem with it drying up. But I've made a habit to have it slightly close while applying. You have to make sure you screw it correctly when placing it storage as well. The thick glass can only keep so much air out unless you do it properly. But if yours has dried up, use Mac Fix+ and that definitely solves problems with cream products that have dried up (i.e. paint pots also). My cousin's fluidline dried up with a crack right through, one squirt! And it's just like new. It's staying power is good up until you're right at the end of the product which is where I am at. But 9 months of good, definitely tops it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my third jar of Blacktrack. I started wearing this product the moment MAC introduced the line. It may take a little practice if you are not used to applying liner using a brush, but once you master it... it's all good! The color is JET black which I love. Once applied the liner will dry and stay there until you take it off. It applies smoothly and quickly. It's wonderful. I used to only line the upper lids as a rookie, but now I also line my lower lids. I like to apply this product with my MAC brush 266. Though it can be a little pricey, the little glass jar will last very long time. Also sometime you can luck up and find it at the CCO for around $11.00. But just beware ladies... If the top is left off for an extended period of time.... It may crack and dry out. Keep the lid on tight !