September 1, 2014 | 1886 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict02

Im a NC37 and I got this foundation in TAWNY. I have combination skin and this has just worked great so far. I am currently applying it with my Sonia Kashuk blending sponge (damp) and it applies beautiful and makes my skin look flawless. I seal it with MAC's MSF in MEDIUM PLUS and it just looks great. Stays almost all day and I havent had to touch through out the day as with my other foundations used. It stays matte and I dont get that oily feeling on my face. I also purchased the Estee Lauder shadow base and let me say I really like the staying power on this stuff. Highly recommend to try this. Another color that fit good on my skin tone was DESERT BEIGE i got a free sample with my purchase and it looked great as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by payyar89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this looks like a pretty good foundation. i have terribly oily and acne prone skin and this hasn't seemed to irritate it yet - it only has one acnegic and pore clogging ingredient, lsited as the 8th ingredient - sorbitan sesquioleate - but other than looks like a fairly acne-prone skin friendly foundation.

this stayed on for most of the day, i have very oily skin so i was expecting it to budge a little (and it did) - i was a faithful user of revlon Colorstay up until now, both apear to be very similar.

the only major difference i noted - i could use a LOT less of the double wear foundation to get a heavy coverage as compared to my colorstay. and it appears to be far less acnegic. brilliant! worth the money, im glad i bought and would recommend it for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by wendiizhou

I have very oily skin and whilst this foundation doesnt stay matte for hours, it does stay on for a very long time. It's full coverage and it is a little thick so if you use your fingers it will streak. i recommend stippling it on with a MAC 188 brush. I think this foundation only suits oily skin as if you have dry skin the foundation will show it.

I have tried studio fix, colorstay etc etc and I've finally found my HG foundation for oily skin.

I'm a NC25 or NC30 and Tawny was the closest match. I do wish they had more yellow in their foundation as tawny is a little too pink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my n-th review, kept deleting and rewriting because i think i wasn't doing this product justice.

The only complaint i have about it is the packaging. I don't necessarily dislike the pump thing, yeah it's more hygienic blah blah but i honestly sometimes prefer it this way, when i just smear my tiny concealer brush on the inner part of the nozzle rim to pick up the tiniest amount of product for the undereye area...a pump would dispose too much product i'd end up throwing away. Also, the consistency of this foundation works best if you DON'T have a pump because it takes a while to dry out completely, but it does start to set itself instantly, so a pump would release a certain amount of product you might find either excessive or insufficient, depending on your routine, the tools you use, the pace you're applying your makeup, etc.

My problem with the packaging is that the glass being solid (duuuh!) makes it impossible for you to squeeze out even the last drop...which i am seriously planning on doing, this stuff is like liquid gold to me. You have to let it sit upside down to collect the leftovers...which drives me crazy!!! other than that, i love the frosted glass bottle, squared thus 'ergonomic' when i'm traveling.

Now the shades. Unfortunately in Sweden they seem to cater only to very light shades (Bone and stuff) and a weird orange one (Tawny), though most Swedish girls (actually all of 'em..) use tons of self-tanners. Aaanyways.

My color is Ivory Beige which i honestly think is the best match for my natural skintone. However i'm not that worried about the color itself because this foundation is so versatile, it seems to adapt to any skintone and undertone (used my foundation on my friend, she's very light toned). I do like their shades because they seem to cater to almost everyone, which is great.

The coverage- it is amazing for a foundation, but nor surreal. I need another drop of foundation for my undereye area after i applied it on my face, and i split that drop for both my eyes and any blemishes/pimples. It does cover like nothing else does so for a liquid foundation (that is available to everyone, doesn't bear that 'professional' etiquette or something) it is admirable. I will continue using this for as long as i live because nothing covers as well as this one.

The staying power- the second huge quality of this stuff. THIS is out of this world. The coverage, yeah you might have to work on it, one sheer layer may not cover everything if you have major scars or acne, BUT the staying power is amazing. Truly unbelievable.I can't believe this stuff exists in a liquid form in a bottle. I applied it in the morning one day, around 17.00 went to take a nap (and didn't take my makeup off for just a nap..), crisp white bedsheets and fresh pillow cases. NOTHING on them when i woke up. My makeup didn't budge an inch. Holy moly guacamole! seriously, NOTHING compares to this.

Finishing- yeah you have to use a heavy duty moisturizer even if you have oilier skin because this stuff really dries everything out in its 'solidification' process. It's like cement, adheres like crazy and you might end up with dry skin around your eyes or in the corners of the mouth. I use the Nivea blue tin cream and couldn't be happier. DON'T use it with any oil-free primer like Laura Mercier's, or something that cuts oiliness, it will look extremely dry on your nose and forehead at the end of the day. This stuff has that lasting power exactly because its ingredients are calculated to absorb the natural oiliness of the skin and just stay on.

Hands down, THE HG foundation; i never use powder with this one because i find it excessively drying and useless since i'm looking for a dewy, porcelain finish. I'm thinking of purchasing Chanel's Vita Lumiere just for a change, maybe mix it with my ELDW or dab it on the cheeks at the end of the ELDW application...however...

DON'T apply any drugstore foundation/water based foundation together with this one, it will streak like crazy and you'll end up with ashy spots on your face. You can gently dab some other foundation on top, if you're crazy like me lol, for dewiness or whatever your reasons are, it does work, as it works with concealer for example. But don't mix it.

Also, i find the best way to 'fix' this foundation and really bring all its amazing potential out is to gently pat your face with a clean wet sponge at the end of the application (concealer included). The water molecules will 'tame' the foundation's tendency for dryness and give it that fresh, clean and healthy glow.

Will keep repurchasing this stuff FOREVER (i think i already said that, haha!). Thanks to Estee Lauder, i can have my 'face' on for the entire day and not have to worry about touch-ups AT ALL. I highly, highly recommend it- you'll never find anything remotely similar to this product's staying power.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by gypcy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok girls if you find ur self touching up even ur whole face you shud try estee lauder double wear thhis is the best foundation I ever used I have combo skin which I have dry cheeks around the chin also and I get break outs around my cheeks !! This foundation has not made me brake out at all ! I use to use mac studio fix because I like the full coverege and that's the only foundation I thought was good and full coverege but it made me break out so I stop uusing it and got estee lauder it's way better it's full coverage and stays on for 15 hrs I love this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by tapatiadivina4u

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and love it!!! So far this foundation has not break me out. I break out with MAC studiofix, Revlon Colorstay, so sad. Am MAC NC42 which for some reason looks a bit orangie but with Estee Lauder in shade 4N1 Wheat matches my skin perfectly! Love it so much, my face looks flawless and covers my acne scars and any other blemishes. I even forget about my blemishes until i remove it at night. Love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome coverage, although I don't really have much to conceal. So I don't know if it'll be defined as "heavy coverage". It evens out my skin tone well & it looks pretty natural IMO. I don't find it cakey or anything & it feels naturally smooth. It's really blendable and light. It can easily be applied by hand but I hate how I get too much of it sometimes because of how the jar opening is like. I use a pressed powder afterwards & throughout the day so it'll make my face look even more radiant and plus, it makes it stay longer :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this at a Macy"s .. Tried Lauder because I have cool toned med skin and cool tones have been hard to find. Got to say that this is the worst foundation I have tried- and at almost 60 yrs old I have tried many and am willing to spend money for a good one. This one settled in all my lines and pores and looked terrible. Tried with different application methods, moisturizers, etc. HORRIBLE. Went to return it with receipt and had a very snooty sales lady tell me that I was applying it wrong - needed to go home and use a damp sponge . Well I am still very unhappy damp sponges later. And whats with the old fashioned pour bottle? Try Armani- my new love.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by LizzieLiz

I like this foundation. I have had it for some time and it works for me. I have what I would call combination-oily skin. This foundation has great coverage, although you have to work fast as it is pretty thick and dries really quickly. It feels comfortable on my skin, although I still wouldn't say it is HG for me. It does oxidize and requires touch-ups, although I find it lasts more than my other foundations. I usually will touch up twice or three times a day with blotting sheets and maybe some powder, but with this I think I only blotted once.
The colour range is pretty standard and nothing to get excited about. I feel like those with very fair skin might not have a lot of success with colour matching. I also don't love the packaging.
I think this would work really well at covering up imperfections such as acne scarring and darker spots on the skin. The coverage and staying power are what this foundation is good for, and although it doesn't quite last 12 hours on me, I doubt it does on anyone. Regardless, it's worth a try especially if you like or need a heavier coverage. For me, I prefer to wear this at night, when I'm going out. It just doesn't look natural enough for daytime IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have gotten a generous sample of this in shade sand( im MAC NC30) and was really looking forward to using this as there are so many raves about its amazing coverage and how it makes one feel confident =) Bearing in mind that it might be quite thick,i applied light-handedly with my fingers, it dries pretty fast but i think i manage to acheive the right blend on my skin. the coverage is really amazing( i have acne scars and some uneven skin tone), and i just have to dab some spot concealer. I think the coverage ability is due to the fact it is quite thick in consistency and not runny at all. I then set it with lucidity loose powder in light. this is the first time i go out shopping feeling my skin actually is "not that bad,with a tinge of healthy glow".the only complaint i have is that it might look cakey under my eye are and where there are small bumps on my cheeks and its smell is quite bad ( like some paint IMO). overall i think if u have rather okay skin and not much acne scars, u cold easily achieve a flawless look with this foundation=) and, the price isnt that steep too! =)