October 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2094 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Rholynn

This isn't a bad concealer, it works fine, I just prefer my sonia kashuk concealer palette wayyyyyy better

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by aebella

I really had high expectations for this one...But overall I was disappointed. The coverage that this product offers is amazing, however, it seems to settle into EVERY SINGLE line underneath my eyes. So instead of smooth coverage, I get cakey coverage that emphasizes my lines...not so good. I have tried applying a thin layer, using my pinky, on top of another liquid concealer, and it's much better. It definately needs a smooth base underneath if you have ANY lines under your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using this for about two years now. Switched from Maybelling Concealer Stick. When applied with a lipbrush, it covers my moles & pimple scars. It stays as long as you're not in a hot/humid climate. If I go out on the beach though, it still slides off when you sweat. It's the best color match for my skin (as of now). My only irk is that when it's cold, it's kinda solid & you can't pick up much product. You have to warm it first for the product to apply beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by oOCandyOo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hav this concealer in nw20 and it covers up my dark circles and blemishes perfectly. It works the best if you blend it out with a damp wedge. it stays on all day and it has spf35. looove this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by obamagirl

great for spots and belmishes, not great on flaky patches, bu it has been my life saver a hg!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by shoppingfreak614

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is a good blemish/redness concealer.
Not recommanded for undereye circles. it is too caky and can really settle into lines under eyes.
But i have found this provides excellent coverage on my scars and blemishes.
I also love that it has so much product and i will probably never run out.
For those loooking for a concealer that can cover everything (blemishs, redness, scars and undereyes) this is not for you. But for those not looking for an undereye concealer, think about this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Joccy101

Overall it's a good concealer, but not my HG.

Pros
It covers well
I've been using mine for months and I haven't even hit pan.
Many different shades

Cons
Creases and gets cakey (by the end of the day it doesn't look good and really gets into lines and wrinkles that I didn't know I had)
Fades a little
In warm/hot weather it feels like it's sliding off/moving

All in all it's one of the good concealers out there, just not great. From my experience this concealer works best on smooth surfaces like your cheeks. Definitely use a primer if you have oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have nc42 in this item and I wear it under all my foundations. Pressed or liquid. I use it to cover the blemishes on my chin, my dark under eye circles, and redness everywhere else. It comes in the same packaging that a mac es comes in without the pan. Though the thick consistency is easy to apply, it is somewhat more difficult to blend. It does take some time to get the hang of. Nonetheless it's a good product and I will buy it again once mines runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Spacebarscandybars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I like this product. I think it's pretty good for covering blemishes or scars from acne. I think it works better if you put it on before applying foundation because I find that if you put it on overtop it tends to look a little cakey and doesn't blend as well. I apply it with a flat foundation brush such as the 190, just because I have more areas to cover. Overall I think it's a good concealer.
Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd get a great concealer for my heavy dark circles.....but I was damn wrong. I love MAC but I didn't like this product because of it's consistency and shade selection. I was told that dark circles were better covered up with an NC shade. So the makeup artist and myself picked and NC 20 concealer (yeah, I'm quite pale). I applied this with my fingers, with a thick synthetic brush and with other brushes. It just didn't work for me because it looked way to yellow on my pinky skintone. Even on my dark circles, the shade looked completely off. And it's not just the shade that didn't fit. I didn't like the heavy finish this concealer gave me. It looked cakey, no matter what I did to apply it thinner or blend it better. I even tried to use it on blemishes and scars and I didn't get any better results. Won't buy this again in any shade.

*** EDIT: This concealer is now my HG! I still own this concealer in NC 20, but I recently purchased another one in NW 20. I'm so glad I gave this another shot. To me, it's all about the brush you're using. The brush I used to use to apply this was not good enough. I use a different brush now, a thinner and denser brush. I cover my dark circles with the NW shade and my blemishes/redness/scarring with the NC shade. Use the right brush and you won't be disappointed. Apply this thin because it can look a little heavy if you use too much.