April 17, 2014 | 1912 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2055 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by imasize6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This concealer is pretty good for hiding blemishes. Just pat on a little at a time, then set with a powder concealer then finish off with a powder or foundation. As many reviewers already said, you do need to warm up the product. What I do is pat the product on my face then use my fingers to spread it out and blend it in. Not hygeniec, I know but it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by lipstickonthefilter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this concealer is awesome. it works well and matches my skintone covering up any marks or imperfections. theres not really anything else to say about it. its kind of a tiny pot but thats fine i guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ginabinawina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Purpose: under eyes and everything else, but mainly eyes for me.
I have to say, this really is more moisturizing on me than I had originally conceived. I tried the studio sculpt and it caked,flaked,mudded worse than any concealer I've used, and that's from clinique, nyx, and even elf! Thanks to my misfortune with the studio sculpt, the MA recommended this product. It's similar in consistency to the NYX concealer in a jar but with more coverage. I do recommend you thoroughly moisturize before applying any concealer and setting it with a powder. Overall, two thumbs up for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by xmizlynnax

This is an excellent concealer for covering up blemishes but I don't think it's the best concealer out there, so my hunt continues.

What I will say about is that you should be careful with how you store and apply this. I noticed with fluctuated temps the consistency changes. when it's warmer than room temp it seems much thinner and when it's colder it's thick. you definitely need to warm this up before applying it, and i would use it only on blemishes rather than under eye circles b/c this stuff is pretty heavy. use a brush to apply this and it does not cause me to break out but the packaging worries me that it gets contaminated with airborne germs or accidental exposure with my finger or something. also, use primer or set it with powder foundation because it does tend to rub off.

Bottom line - I would try this, but keep in mind it's a bit heavy, and to be careful with your application technique.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by PaintInPastel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked the sound of studio finish concealer as MAC described it as non-acnegenic, SPF 15, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogeic so I decided to try it out for myself.
I noticed it was high in price for such a small amount, but never fear
this concealer lasts a very long time, a small amount goes a long way
the blending was nice, the product was a little dense, I found best application
was with my finger tips to break it down a little. I bought NC15 which matched my
skin very nicely seeing as I'm really pale, I wear it under foundation and I used a translucent powder to set it all
I suggest if you wear it alone, use a translucent powder to set the product as it
it can become a tad oily,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I needed a simple good concealer that doesn't clog my acne prone skin. This is great! I use a tiny tiny bit. I scoop it out with the end of a makeup brush, use the brush to apply and then add my Halo foundation powder. Voila! Almost perfect skin!
Edit:This is also great for covering pigment spots from the sun. With the SPF 35 it is great! I am still loving this and still have tons left.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by weefi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would only buy this product again for blemishes. It is very thick but good for night's out if you get an outbreak. For daytime application it may be worthwhile to get a concealer brush to make it appy lighter and make less obvious

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this concealer. I got it in NW20, to have a peachy color for under my eyes. If I had gotten this for blemishes on my face, it would look ridiculous. However the color is good for undereye circles. The texture is extremely thick and cakey. I literally tap my finger into the product once or twice and tap it on my undereye area, and that is all I need. I don't even rub my finger into it. Using it this way I'm sure it will last a decade. My face routine now is to apply this, apply my foundation, and blend NYX concealer in a jar in a light shade on top before setting with powder. The NYX concealer is a lot creamier and the packaging feels sturdier. I like the texture of NYX better but this MAC one is really heavy duty, lol. Overall I like it and I would repurchase it, but for someone thinking about getting it, remember to use a light hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by luvhunni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was bored one day and just tried on a bunch of MAC makeup at the mall; specifically concealers. Out of all their different kinds of concealers that I tried, I concluded that the Studio Finish Concealer had the most coverage. (I found out later from one of the MAC girls that I was right.)

I put it on but I do agree that it can be cakey so what I would suggest is choosing lighter shades until you find one that minimizes your lines as much as possible. I made a tiny mistake and picked a shade that was a tad darker than what the MAC lady suggested. She suggested NW25 for my medium/olive skin and I bought NW30. It wasn't a drastic change but I think NW25 would've been better since lighter concealers hide blemishes more effectively. (A LITTLE TIP: When you're testing makeup, make sure you remove your current makeup. I had concealer on already that day so that's why I chose a darker shade!)

After I applied the concealer, I added my MAC studio fix C4 powder and MAC "Sunbasque" blush, and my overall look was flawless! I couldn't put my finger on it, but it made my eyes look more awake and because of that, my powder and blush stood out more! I don't know how a little concealer could make such a big difference but whenever I don't wear it, I look more tired. Everytime I wear my concealer, I get compliments from people for having a "glow." I highly suggest this product if you're looking for concealer with high coverage. Just pick the right shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer is AMAZING at covering blemishes, acne scars, and other marks. I really don't like using this under my eyes because of how cakey and thick it turns out. You really need to warm this up before you put it on. For under eyes, I actually prefer Max Factor's Pan Stik in medium beige due to it's moisturizing feel and good coverage.