July 30, 2014 | 989 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Sua

I accidently purchased this on whim thinking it was a foundation. I already have MAC's Full Coverage + MUFE HD Powde, so it's actually unecessary now! However, I love using it as a light foundation when I'm lazy. It definitely has sheer coverage, buildable to medium. Even piling it on with my 183, it still looks great and not cakey.

I have not tried it without a primer, but MAC's P+P spf 50 and this keeps my oily oily t-zone away all day! The only complaint is that if I touch my face it feels all gunky. Yuck!

Also absolutely LOVE the fact this d/s line had my color!! I'm super light and have yellow undertones. MAC NC15. I was so freakin' shocked. I have never seen such a FAIR and YELLOW d/s color! (as well as loreal). Mega props to you Maybelline!! I use this in light. This stuff is good, and I do not mind paying $9 for this.

I think I may buy this in pairs each time, in fear of the color being d/ced..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder in walmart for less than ten bucks and I honestly wonder why did I go through the trial and error wasting money on expensive branded makeup to find the perfect powder. Maybelline dream matte pressed powder is the best powder I have used so far (alongside with Loreal bare naturale mineral pressed powder, which I also bought), and the packaging is very cute, it comes with a powder puff and hidden mirror under the puff. Great stuff! I'm using the shade honey and it is perfect for my slightly tanned skin. It gives a matte finish and makes my skin look smooth. It is quite lasting too, I only had to touch up once in a day. Seriously, the expensive makeup brands aren't necessarily better than the cheap ones. By the way I'm NC 30 in MAC and the shade Honey is a good match for my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

This is hands down the best pressed powder I have ever used and I have used MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Fresh, Cover Girl, Armani, etc etc. The texture is wonderful- very very soft finish with coverage that is buildable and feathersoft- to be quite honest I didn't expect the texture of my skin afterwards to be as silky. It gently blotted out the shine and my skin stayed that way for several hours. (Texture is more important to me that the powder lasting hours without touchups, which I think are actually a nice way to escape to the bathroom). The compact is fine- I mean for a drugstore makeup brand it was nice, nothing special and the puff it comes with is easily replaceable when it gets too dirty. I am NW25 and I bought this in Sand. Excellent!

update: this is the EXACT SAME PRODUCT as Armani pressed powder! compare the ingredients...they are IDENTICAL. Incredible purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ChanelDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really nice, I like the packaging and love the colors, gives a nice matte finish-just like the name says!. Unfourntunetly, I got whiteheads everythime I used it. Some emollients break me out in whiteheads and the 3rd ingredient is one. I did get lots of compliments about how great my skin looked . I may give this powder another shot down the road though so a special occasion or to see if i get the whitheads again. This powder comes in a gorgeous selection of colors, which imo is surprising for maybelline-never got a good match with their foundations or concelars. I am about NW20 in MAC and have very neutral skin. Because I am fair lots of products can make me look too orange, yellow or pink. got this in Sand and it is a beautiful neutral color that is slightly darker but not orange. It just gives me a slighly tanned look that I love. I want to help some people out who are trying to save some $$. L'oreal owns both Maybelline and Giorgio Armani. I posted the ingredients to both underneath and they are basically identical!!! I have never tried the Armani, but I think it is safe to say it is a VERY similar product!
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder:

[+/- MAY CONTAIN
MICA
CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES
CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE ]

These are the ingredients that were both sent to me from Maybelline and Armani. Hth!

66 out of 66 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by navywendy

so far i really like this..for a DS powder it works quite nicely. i purchased this as i needed a new powder and didn't want to shell out 35 bucks for LORAC, which is what i use for my foundation. so far this powder has stood up to the 7 dollar price tag (bought at walmart on sale) so, i am so far impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by olivia208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a nice pressed powder , usually i am not a pressed powder fan because i have dry skin and most powders tend to emphasize this , but i really do love this powder , its smooth, has nice sheerish coverage and also works really well for setting my liqiud foundation, i really do like the packaging i love that i can take it with me to school and not have to carry a seperate mirror for touch-ups while the puff is not great its a lot better quality than most puffs that come with drugstore powders, my only complaint is the shade selection it honestly sucks and i cannot find a good color for my complexion but if i could i would repurchase again !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Jebjess

The texture is creamy which is desirable for me. I also like the medium sheer coverage. However, it is not as matte as I would have liked. It works to mattify as well as any other powder. Repurchase?- No. I want to find an even better powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by princesswrinkles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, this is my HG powder. It makes my skin nice and matte, but not cakey. It has a good light coverage.
The only problem is the puff. It gets gunked-up with oil eventually and its looks NASTY. So i used my old revlon new complexion power application puff, and it now gives me medium coverage. It can give full coverage with the revlon appicator, but it looks insanely caked on and not natural at all.
When im at school, i keeps shine to a minimun, and i only have to touch up at lunch. When im at home or the weekends, i can put it on in the morning and not have to touch up for a couple of hours!!! The best part is that you can use it as a base for eyeshadows, and it keeps the colour i place, even on my oily eyelids!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work for me, enough that I've tried it three or four times, hoping that it would be good enough to replace my much loved, but over priced, L'Oreal Bare Naturale. The powder comes in a compact with two compartments, the top that opens to reveal the powder, and the bottom, which swings open to the side, holding the mirror and puff. Definitely more convenient than L'Oreal and Pfysician's Formula's compacts with the mirror underneath, but not my favorite. I don't use the puff, I apply with a sponge or my EcoTools kabuki. The powder is surprisingly smooth, making application easy. It blends very well and offers sheer coverage. It did help even out my complexion, but I really had to layer it on to hide acne scarring. This definitely accentuated dry spots and made my skin flake like crazy, and it can look chalky if you apply too much. This powder is definitely matte, which would be ideal for girls with oily skin, but it just took all the life from my face. The staying power is ok. For a setting powder used alone, I only had to touch up once during an 8 hour shift. Overall, this isn't too bad of a powder. I could definitely see it being a miracle for girls struggling with oily skin, but as someone with normal/slightly dry skin, this didn't really work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by xNanciix

I just picked this product because I was in a rush and it was actually pretty good. I choose the color "light", I have yellow undertones, and I have pretty light asian skin.
I use it alone sometimes or over my BBcream (Korean blemish balm cream).
The texture isn't cakey at all, feels like nothing's there.