MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

I'm *very* impressed with this brush. I was using #190 for a while but I have defintely converted to this brush. While it is very (read: VERY) expensive, I do believe it is worth every penny. I use it to apply foundation and it really gives a terrific airbrushed appearance in a very short amount of time. With #190 I found that I had to work quite a bit to get the foundation on quickly and it took substantially longer than if I were to just use a sponge or my fingers. With this brush, I'm done in literally a minute or two. I'm in love. I also like the fact that it is a multi-use brush. I haven't tried it with blush yet, though I'm insprired to do so by some of the other reviews. One complaint I have to echo is that it does shed. I'm not a fan of peeling the hair off of my perfectly made-up face after I'm done. It doesn't bother me enough to remove a lippie though. Highly recommended.

this brush just make blush application so much easier! i tried it for the first time today with my GA #2 sheer blush and it only took a few swirls(i buff it on my cheeks) to get natural, well-blended cheeks! before this brush came into my life, i was sweeping my blush brush in the GA pan like crazy before it finally shows up on me and had to blend out the edges like crazy too lol! However, 187 changed all this! now, i gotta test drive this baby with my MSF *grins*

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best brush, i use it with my foundation and it looks so flawless, i also use this with my bronzer and blush.. it makes my face look so clean and smooth. this brush is the best. i use this brush instead of my mac foundation brush, this brush gives me a more airbrushed appearance. i usally have problems with mac brushes brissles falling out but this one has not at all!!! this is a awesome brush a bit expensive but really worth it!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So at first I thought this was just a regular brush and I did not understand the hype about it. Well I finally got it and it is amazing. It surpasses the hype in my opinion. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very well made and will last a long time. Why is this brush so good? Well for me, I often have a problem finding blush that is not too much for me because I am very fair. This brush though tones down blush and makes it much easier to apply. It distributes the blush evenly and softly making blush much easier to work with now. So, if you are a fan of wearing blush, I would say this brush is a must have.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

While this brush is pricey, it really is worth every penny. It is especially good for application of MSFs and Blushes. It gives a light covering so one does not appear overly made up. Because I am rather pale, it was difficult for me to find a brush that provides the type of application I was looking for. Thankfully, the 187 does just that.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this brush based on all the reviews and raves...well....to me, it's just an ok brush. It's big, hard to swirl around on small diameter blush compacts, so you don't always pick up an even disturbution of color. I like it best with my Nars Laguna, other than that, I really don't use it. Sorry, I know I am the minority here:)

I answered that I would not buy this product again and the reason why is because for the price of this brush, it better f*&$@!ing last me forever. I won't lie. It's an amazing brush and it seems to be made for otherwise unwearable blushes and MSF's (MAC's mineralized skin finishes), but honestly, I find myself reaching for my Kohl's Flirt! feather dust-her more often. It's similar to the 187 except a bit smaller and obviously less dense, and it only costs $7, so I feel a little more comfortable using it with my powder foundation. The 187 is a hot brush, but it sheds a lot during washes and it cost me too much to break.

I bought it to use as foundation brush, and all I can say is wow! It's just how I hoped it would be. I use it to apply liquid foundation, and then blend the foundation on the skin. It applies just the right amount of product. My old method of applying foundation consisted of applying liquid foundation with a regular foundation brush, and then blending with a sponge. While this method was effective, it took quite a bit of work to get my desired effect. With just this brush, I am able to apply foundation fast, clean, and even! It makes my work as a makeup artist a whole lot more efficient. After blending, I get a very diffused look. Another great thing about it is, according to my clients, it feels so good when I use it on their skin! It felt just like having a facial, one even commented. Although I think it's very (as in very!) expensive, there's no other brush like this where I'm from. I just wish it came in some sort of packaging to protect it and retain the head's circular shape, not just the ordinary plastic all mac brushes come in. Overall, I think it's a great brush. I would definitely buy again. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my favorite brush. I use it for all of my super pigmented blushes to deposit just the right amount of color. It also works great on highlighters and skinfinishes. I know they have other skunk brushes (flirts) that are significantly cheaper, BUT this one is much more dense and imo far superior. I have the Lancome version, which is similar to flirts, and while its nice for some highlighting powders, Macs is better. It's pricey, but if you take care of it, it should last a long long time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an excellent brush for applying heavily pigmented blushes and powders. I love using this with my NARS blushes and for highlighting since it deposits a sheer application. The hairs are very soft and dense compared to the cheaper Flirt Feather Dust-her. I have both and find that I can't live without both of them. Such excellent brushes although MAC's is quite pricey. This has become one of my most-used brushes that I felt the need to purchase a back-up.
If you can splurge on any MAC brush, then this is it. Retails for $50.00 CAD. continued >>

Popular Makeup Brushes