MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 2/11/2006 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

While this brush is pricey, it really is worth every penny. It is especially good for application of MSFs and Blushes. It gives a light covering so one does not appear overly made up. Because I am rather pale, it was difficult for me to find a brush that provides the type of application I was looking for. Thankfully, the 187 does just that.

on 1/29/2006 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this brush based on all the reviews and raves...well....to me, it's just an ok brush. It's big, hard to swirl around on small diameter blush compacts, so you don't always pick up an even disturbution of color. I like it best with my Nars Laguna, other than that, I really don't use it. Sorry, I know I am the minority here:)

on 1/23/2006 10:34:00 AM

I answered that I would not buy this product again and the reason why is because for the price of this brush, it better f*&$@!ing last me forever. I won't lie. It's an amazing brush and it seems to be made for otherwise unwearable blushes and MSF's (MAC's mineralized skin finishes), but honestly, I find myself reaching for my Kohl's Flirt! feather dust-her more often. It's similar to the 187 except a bit smaller and obviously less dense, and it only costs $7, so I feel a little more comfortable using it with my powder foundation. The 187 is a hot brush, but it sheds a lot during washes and it cost me too much to break.

on 1/23/2006 3:27:00 AM

I bought it to use as foundation brush, and all I can say is wow! It's just how I hoped it would be. I use it to apply liquid foundation, and then blend the foundation on the skin. It applies just the right amount of product. My old method of applying foundation consisted of applying liquid foundation with a regular foundation brush, and then blending with a sponge. While this method was effective, it took quite a bit of work to get my desired effect. With just this brush, I am able to apply foundation fast, clean, and even! It makes my work as a makeup artist a whole lot more efficient. After blending, I get a very diffused look. Another great thing about it is, according to my clients, it feels so good when I use it on their skin! It felt just like having a facial, one even commented. Although I think it's very (as in very!) expensive, there's no other brush like this where I'm from. I just wish it came in some sort of packaging to protect it and retain the head's circular shape, not just the ordinary plastic all mac brushes come in. Overall, I think it's a great brush. I would definitely buy again. :)

on 1/21/2006 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my favorite brush. I use it for all of my super pigmented blushes to deposit just the right amount of color. It also works great on highlighters and skinfinishes. I know they have other skunk brushes (flirts) that are significantly cheaper, BUT this one is much more dense and imo far superior. I have the Lancome version, which is similar to flirts, and while its nice for some highlighting powders, Macs is better. It's pricey, but if you take care of it, it should last a long long time.

on 1/19/2006 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an excellent brush for applying heavily pigmented blushes and powders. I love using this with my NARS blushes and for highlighting since it deposits a sheer application. The hairs are very soft and dense compared to the cheaper Flirt Feather Dust-her. I have both and find that I can't live without both of them. Such excellent brushes although MAC's is quite pricey. This has become one of my most-used brushes that I felt the need to purchase a back-up.
If you can splurge on any MAC brush, then this is it. Retails for $50.00 CAD. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This brush is very expensive at $42 USD, but worth it in my honest opinion. Most people probably use this brush to apply face powder, foundation etc. I use it strictly for applying blush or a light dusting of highlighter to my cheekbone. It really does give a light touch allowing you to to add more product till you are satisfied with the outcome. I imagine it would make your face look flawless! I would love to purchase another brush because I really think I'd love it more than the 190 to apply my studio fix but for now.. at least tille I have more money.. I will stick to using this for my blush. Unless... I can get another one towards my $40 minimum purchase make over at MAC *evil grin* I also notice a lot of people dislike this brush because of the shedding.. I have had my brush for over a year now, I generally wash it once a week. I have not noticed any shedding at all. I use anti-bacterial soap (not anymore) or my face cleanser (Aveeno) to clean it, and then reshape the bristles & hang it over the sink to air dry. continued >>

on 1/2/2006 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i use this for my studio fix and it works very well. distributes the perfect amount of product. occasionally when i go off my studio fix kicks i clean off the brush and use it as a blush brush....it's a very versatile blush and is aestheically pleasing IMO.

on 12/31/2005 5:26:00 PM

I bought this brush so I could wear the crazy-bright blushes that I crave but that usually end up making me look like a reject from clown college. So far the 187 is doing the trick, but it's also shedding like a nervous chihuahua when I wash it. I would repurchase, unless I hear about another brand that's just as good and CHEAPER.

on 12/18/2005 7:59:00 PM

I am harsh when it comes to brushes, I only say something if it is BAD. This one, however, is so good that I must commend it. I have so many brushes for blush, creme bases, creme blushes, contour, highlight blablabla. I never use any of them anymore. I use this for everything. It is highly overpriced at about $50, but I can wear my most outrageous blush colors (nars matahari, bright neon shimmery orange) and pull them off with this, because it allows you to build color so slowly and evenly. ***THIS SUCKS FOR CREME FOUNDATIONS*** I had a MA try and sell me on this brush months ago with their new moisture blend creme foundation and used this brush to apply it. It didn't blend nearly as well as a regular foundation brush and the ends gunked up fast with product causing you to mash the thing into your face. Luckily, somebody else applied my stereorose skinfinish with this and I was sold.

Popular Makeup Brushes