February 1, 2015 | 1078 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by gitargirl

I am harsh when it comes to brushes, I only say something if it is BAD. This one, however, is so good that I must commend it. I have so many brushes for blush, creme bases, creme blushes, contour, highlight blablabla. I never use any of them anymore. I use this for everything. It is highly overpriced at about $50, but I can wear my most outrageous blush colors (nars matahari, bright neon shimmery orange) and pull them off with this, because it allows you to build color so slowly and evenly. ***THIS SUCKS FOR CREME FOUNDATIONS*** I had a MA try and sell me on this brush months ago with their new moisture blend creme foundation and used this brush to apply it. It didn't blend nearly as well as a regular foundation brush and the ends gunked up fast with product causing you to mash the thing into your face. Luckily, somebody else applied my stereorose skinfinish with this and I was sold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 1:41:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush is my fave brush .i use it for cream colour bases when i use them as blushes.it applies the colour sheerly and evenly so u can layer and blend blush evenly .i loveeeee it !!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by gingele

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I am very, very happy with this brush. I use it for applying my MAC Select Moistureblend foundation. I like this brush MUCH better for this foundation than any other foundation brush I have. It gives a much smoother, more even, well blended and almost "airbrushed" application. I then use it for a final powder layer and overall blending - it really is fantastic for these purposes and again, I am very happy overall. The one mild annoyance and why it lost one lippie from me is that even 2 months after purchasing, and with regular washing and near-daily rinsing/cleaning with MAC Brush Cleaner I am getting fall-outs. And not the long bristles, either - instead I get several short bristles embedded in the foundation and some transfer to the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by arishayla

I got this brush on the recommendation of other posters. Its very expensive but it is the best brush out there for blush application. It is a must brush to use with NARS highly pigmented blushes. This blush picks up just the right amount of color and deposits the blush to your cheeks without any harsh lines. You get a very soft, natural effect with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MissMerlot

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this brush! I'm a total makeup spazz but this brush makes it easy. I just changed my hair color (to auburn) and I was looking so washed out, even with blush/bronzer. I got this brush and it's so much easier to apply the bronzer and totally natural looking. I'm very pleased that I shelled out the cash, $42 I think I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Susan425

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very impressed with this brush! Perfect for applying bronzing powder on my pale skin or heavily pigmented blush. If you are pale and thought you couldn't wear bronzer, try this brush! Worth the expensive price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

I absolutely love this brush. I don't know why I didn't review it sooner! I have had it for almost a year now and I adore it. I use it mainly for applying blush. Works like a dream with NARS blushes because it picks up a little color and applies it sheerly. I can layer it on for a more dramatic look. I also use it for face powder and I have used it for applying foundation as well. I didn''t like it too much for applying foundation. But this is a must have for blush application.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by acer1214

Awesome brush! I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for it. My blushes look so much better on my skin when applied with this brush. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2005 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Wanahla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first wanted to buy a skunk brush, I was tempted to getting the Lancome highlighting brush (iirc the name). When I went to cehck out the counter, teh one they had, the one being used to make-overs, was ratty and falling apart. I figured that if they can't display a nice one and that's the way teh brushes end up, they couldn't be all that good.

So, I went over to MAC and bought the 187 brush and haven't looked back. This si the one most expensive item I own, make-up-wise that is. $50 CND was a bit steep, but it was worth it. Bluhes, harsh bronzers, skinfinishes, shimmer - you name it, is easy to apply and you'll never risk over doing it again!

Just swish the brush in the product and apply in a circular motion or like a regular blush brush. The haris are very nice and soft - almost too soft! It's a mixture of synthetic (the black hairs) and goat hairs (the white hairs, which are slightly longer). At first I wasn't sure about getting a brush with animal hairs and I still feel guilty when I think about that. But for those whom this doesn't apply to, buy this brush.

I also like to use it for Studio Fix as it gives a nice light application when I don't want to go heavy or a light application on places where you don't need so much coverage, like the cheeks.

It comes ina plastic slip, which is sufficient to hold the brush. I kept mine in there for a while until it got grungy looking then trashed it. After that I would invest in some sort of brush holder.

As for shedding, I foudn that ebfore washing it did shed. After washing barely ever. The reason I don't say neve, is because 2 months later, it has shed 2 1/2 hairs, which is normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush! It was a birthday present along with my 3 Mineralized Skinfinishes, and it's so useful. It works great with the MS but also applies bronzers, blushes and other shimmery products perfectly, without applying too much. Shame it's a bit expensive cos it's a must have!