December 20, 2014 | 1604 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by adm71csu

i received this in this year's birthday gift from sephora. i've read the mixed reviews on here but i was happy to get it to try it for myself. i must say i'm super disappointed with this product. although it adds length, it makes my lashes clump together and actually straightens their natural curl. i hated it. then i tried it layered over my smashbox mascara and then i could see it added length without leaving a clumpy mess. i would not buy this. all the drugstore brands i've used before have been way better and the price of this bad mascara is ridiculous.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by bichmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara as a free birthday gift sample from Sephora, along with Benefit's Watt's Up. The first thing that I noticed is that the formula is very different from regular mascaras. It seems almost waxy, like it coats your lashes rather than paints them as a lot of mascaras will smudge under my eyes, but this one did not.

I like and hate the wand. I like it because it is innovative with the bristles on the domed tip, which allows for more precise separation of the lashes. This being said, I have very short, sparse and thin black lashes so prefer a wand with more bristles, which makes my lashes look thicker. This wand only makes my lashes look long, I usually top it up with another mascara.

I would probably not buy this mascara at full price as I don't love it and there are A LOT of good drug store mascaras. I would take it again if it were free :D

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jenfercl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is sticky and and very wet! It is not good for people with long lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here.

This mascara is very wet, and immediately weighed down AND got rid of the small amount of curl I achieved with my eyelash curler. It also clumped my little lashes together, causing them to look like 10, thick, spider legs.

I have fine, straight lashes to begin with, so for anyone out there with the same kind of lashes as me, I strongly do not recommend this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

At last I have found a mascara that doesn't flake into my eyes by the evening, that doesn't give me panda eyes, that does a decent job and, most importantly, that I'm not allergic to. If you don't have sensitive eyes and don't worry about a bit of flaking then there will be better and certainly cheaper mascaras out there for you. This mascara does lengthen and thicken but is not buildable - once it is dry applying another coat results in spidery clumpiness instead of natural long lashes.
The wand is good for applying to top lashes and there is a ball on the end for getting to the corners and for bottom lashes. Make sure you wipe off the excess or it can clump and cake.
For my sensitive eyes I haven't found a better mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by shaesquared

I got this in a sample size through one of their holiday kits and I'm in LOVE- this mascara is perfect for getting those teeny tiny bottom lashes! It's precise brush is great for separating every lash, and the formula delivers great length. However, this easily comes off with water- not good when working out or raining outside.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by princessjesskimo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a big problem with mascara smudging- it doesn't matter how much I don't rub my eye or carefully avoid even the general vicinity - pretty much every mascara I used has smudged on me.

Except this one.

I can't say I LOVED it- it doesn't provide enough thickness or length for my preference but I wore this all day at work in stinking on weather. I purposely didn't look in a mirror all day so I could see how it looked by the end of the day. To my amazement it was still there- and my curl still stayed.

I have to admit I think it did particularly well because I paired it with Dior Lash Pluming Serum- but overall I was pleasantly surprised.

Would I buy it again- probably.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This mascara is meh. The only good thing about it is the brush. The tip of the brush makes it really easy for me to bring and flare out my outer lashes. The formula is a little more wet than what I'm used to, but it does dry nicely. I found this formula to smudge a lot, even with powder, and I just can't stand that about some mascaras. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by insuline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mom calls me a mascara freak because i try every brand i see whether in sephora or any small cosmetics store. Ysl, Dior, Estee, loreal, mac factor, maybelline, givency are just i have now. On my latest visit i saw the stand of They are real and said to myself, worth a try. And wooow, this is the best mascara i have seen for all times.
i have long lashes and it make them Look really defined and Much more longer and the most positive thing of it is the effect stays until i wash my face at night.
My way of using it is, zigzag movements with a slight twist from the lashlines to the top. But i do it several times cause mostly one time is not enough. Also i'd like to try the plum mascara and hope they produce it in this brush form.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Massively over-hyped product, I expected better from Benefit. A full-size tube of this costs 18.50 - I received this as a gift so at least I didn't spend my own money on it, but it's still a real shame that such an expensive mascara yields such poor results! Even with a single coat my eyelashes were stuck together unattractively, and a few hours after application the product began flaking onto my face quite noticeably. When trying to remove it, none of my makeup removal products seem to budge the majority of it (using Boots face wipes, Lush Ultrabland & Simple eye makeup remover because of my sensitive skin) but it seemed to get spread around rather than coming off as normal and my eyes began to sting. Sure, you can make your eyelashes pretty big with this, but mine ended up looking and feeling horrible to me - definitely won't be using this again!