July 24, 2014 | 1854 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by huntingjanuary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I thought this would be another over-hyped and useless mascara because let's face it - how many more false lash effect mascaras do we need in the market? But it was all over in my face every time I popped into Sephora (okay, the grand total of twice in two days) that I could not resist picking it up. I did not regret it. It was... what it advertised to be. A mascara that gave you a false lash effect! Loved the packaging as well, thought it was beautifully designed and the smart marketing made me laugh. Most of all though, I loved what it did for my lashes. I have never seen it looking any better before. Love this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I originally picked up this up when I was going through a huge volumizing mascara phase. I wanted big plush lashes and clumping be darned. I was unimpressed with the simplicity and lengthening traits of this product, and I subsequently tossed.

Now, I really am in love with this mascara. I've seen the errors of my ways with wanting spidery and clumpy lashes. I purchased the small size again, and find myself using it all the time. One or two swipes for a day time lash that is lengthened, slightly curled, and natural looking. But this can be easily layered 10-15 times to create a false lash effect - it lengthens and then volumizes, the more you add at the base. I love wearing this out in the evenings when I need more glamour and can just build it up for a few minutes on my lashes. It's nice to not have to pair 2 mascaras together to get the same volumizing and lengthening effect.

It's not my holy grail, but it's fairly close. I wish it had a bit more drama, but maybe my expectations are unrealistic. If I repurchase, I will update. I might.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am going to keep the brush but the formula sucks the big one.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LipstickGraffiti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Based on the claims for this product, I thought I would really like it. I love mascara and love one that can make my lashes look thick and full.

This mascara is more like glue. It is sticky, even after it is dry. It clumped very bad, and even using my lash comb didn't help. I tried rolling the wand on a tissue to apply a thinner layer of mascara, but that didn't help.

I hated this mascara. It's overpriced garbage. I am glad I kept the receipt so I could return it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by pln315

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd give this a try since I got a 'twofer' deal (one regular and one mini). It goes on very wet and smudges, and clumps when using the tip. If I just use the wand part of the brush, my lashes come out fine, but this product is so wet and seems to take forever to dry. It's also not easy to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Squeemolini

My lashes are sparse and straight, almost cow-like, pointing downward. This mascara makes them look better than any I have used, which is why I am (for now) willing to pay the heinous price.
Downsides are: near impossible to remove. I use Lumene Waterproof remover and it barely does the job and takes 2-3 minutes of letting it sit on the eye, then swiping. The first few swipes don't budge this mascara. It's worse than waterproof.
The formula is very wet, so hope it dries before you sneeze, or poke yourself in the eye, prompting repeated blinks. I've been late to events more then once because of the dreaded eye poke, causing me to blink, leaving black slash marks on my lids and and below my eyes, making me look deranged and drug addled. Something about the brush makes this happen easily. Keep q-tips and cleanser handy!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by AerielleB

This mascara is like glue. I have been wearing mascara for 19 years and this is one of the worst. It applies very wet and thick and it does not come off! I will go back to Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cam0225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Does make lashes look FULL and beautiful. I may have an eye allergy to this formula though. I'm trying one product at a time to see if it's the mascara or other (concealer, foundation, powder, etc.) I haven't had red, watery eyes with other mascaras so I have a feeling this is the culprit. The other downfall is the struggle to take off at end of day. I use several cotton balls of eye makeu remover, then face cleaner and still have to use more cotton balls to remove mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

So I usually don't like to spend more than $15 on mascara but during my recent vacation my best friend had purchased this mascara and I used it. Now, I am not a fan of the plastic brush but this mascara was awesome! It made my eyelashes so full and extended them to great length. It also went so close to my eyelash line that I don't think I would need to even wear eyeliner on my top line.

I just purchased this mascara for myself and cannot wait until it comes in the mail!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

My biggest gripe against this mascara is when I'm taking it off. It just stays and smudges under my eyes. I also find the formula a little too wet on application. I've had more accidents with smudging this mascara than I want first thing in the morning!