October 23, 2014 | 1726 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by astralpantheress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara, but it is definitely the best mascara I have ever used.
What I like about it is that it doesn't smudge, it doesn't clump my lashes (but you have to work quickly), it has nice colour payoff and it lasts for a whole day. The brush is okay to work with, but I don't like how it ends, because in my opinion this is what delivers unwanted emount of product to the inner corner of the eye and it simply looks horrible after that.
I wouldn't describe it as your-lashes-but-better mascara, but it is very close to it. It definitely makes my lashes look longer and fuller, but it can become clumpy, as I stated before.
I don't know what else I would exactly describe as a con, but it just doesn't fit to me for 100% like my most favourite mascara.

Overall it is quite good mascara, but too expensive for what it does - or rather doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good mascara, but I wouldn't repurchase simply because I'm sure there's a mascara out there that's better. In fact, I've found a few in the drugstore. I dropped like $23 on this mascara (my first high end mascara, actually) and that's pretty expensive for me for a mascara that you have to replace every three months.
With that said, without thinking about the price or how it compares to other mascaras I've tried, I do like this. My mother actually thought I was wearing fake eyelashes when I wore this for the first time, but I honestly didn't think it looked great enough to make that mistake. This mascara doesn't really hold a curl very well and I find that I have to curl my eyelashes again after the first coat which I know isn't the greatest for your lashes, but after that it does look very, very good. I like that it's a buildable mascara. I also like the metallic packaging and the formula. It's not too clumpy and it's not too wet. It's very easy to remove. However, I've noticed that in the middle of the day this mascara smudges below my eye and I only put it on my upper lashes... I've never had that happen with any other mascara.
I think the reasons why I don't love this mascara are because of the price and the fact that I've used drugstore mascaras that I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really love this mascara! It lengthens and volumizes and it just makes my eyelashes look really good! However, you have to put it on slowly because it can be a clumpy mess if you don't. Also its a bit hard to get off. But overall, I LOVE this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by goldneye

LOVE this mascara. I have nearly non-existant lashes and have tried every drugstore, Avon, Designer brand imaginable. Most all exaggerate.

Saw this item on one of the shopping channels and had a 20% coupon for Ulta, so it was worth a try.

I actually have lashes now. Mascara is buildable, no spider legs. They even have a "travel" size available.

Finally!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! It doesn't give volume to my lashes but it definitely separates them and gives a lot of length. I don't mind the volume because length is the most important thing for me in a macara. ( i gave 4 lippies because of the volume)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Delaylah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from sephora and have been using it for about a week. I really like it so far. I use careprost so my lashes are already really long, but I have tons of small ones on the inner and outer corners that are harder to pick up. The brush really does make my lashes look like falsies and the little ball at the end is great for picking up the small lashes at the inner and outer corners of my eyes. It wears really well, no flaking or smudging. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't have any trouble taking it off at night, but that's most likely because I use an oil cleanser nightly to remove makeup and sunscreen.

Overall, I think this is a great product...but I do agree that the price is quite ridiculous.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Laura9116

Did not enjoy using this very much. Lengthening and thickening quality is average, many other drugstore mascaras surpass this one (Maybelline collossal, revlon grow luscious, and the rimmel one with the comb brush to name a few). Also weighed down my lashes afterwards.

I like to curl my lashes one more time after I put on mascara to secure the shape, but don't try to curl your lashes again once you've applied this mascara. It sticks to the lash curler and clumps everything together.

Gotta give credits to the mascara brush though, the little ball-shaped brush does help get into the inner and outer corners.

Overall, did not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

So, this mascara is supposed to create the falsies look effect. Personally, I have some things that I like and do not like about this product. I like the fact that this mascara is removable with a regular makeup remover (it's not super water-proof to the extent you need a specific eye makeup remover for it). The thing that i do not like about it is it tends to leave your lashes clumpy. The wand is large, so this may be ideal for women with big eyes or long lashes. For a typical Asian with sparse lashes, the wand can be cumbersome and make application difficult. It does not really lengthens my lashes, but volumising effects are quite apparent. Upon using it for about 3 months, the formula starts to dry up, hence causing clumps to appear.

I would not recommend this product and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

So I heard amazing things about this mascara and I wanted to try but kept putting it off, finally I bought it and do not regret it. I have short eyelashes and this made them appear so long and full. Love this mascara just wish that it was cheaper because in Canada I think it was $30. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Sophina1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone was raving about this mascara so I had to try it out. Although on the pricey side, I sure it'll be worth it- I couldn't have been more wrong!
This is one of the most un-impressive makeup items I have invested in! It did lengthen my lashes however it weighed my lashes down and is very crumbly and clumps up!!
Defo won't be recommending to anyone!
Another downside has got to be the brush- plastic brushes just do not give the same effect as the proper bristle brushes
Bottom line: I'd much rather stick with my max factor ones!