September 18, 2014 | 1276 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinspiceforevar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I say I'd buy this product again, but who knows. I'm such a mascara junkie and I don't really buy too many high end mascaras. I experiment too much; I'd be broke! Anyway, I got a sample of this in my glambag (or is it ipsy now? who knows!) and I've been using it for a week. Had to run out and get the full size. I saw length, curl, super black, and volume. I like the spikes on the tip of the brush because it gets my outer corner lashes without getting mascara on my skin. I hate that! I like very dramatic mascara and this can definitely be that. I do like 3-4 coats and it doesn't clump. I don't experience issues with flaking or smudging. Holds my curl all day. I'll enjoy using this mascara but by the time I run out I'll probably be on to the next best thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara I got a sampler of different kinds of mascaras and so far this one is my favorite. I love how it has the spike tip I can get my bottom lashes so perfectly and really defined. I have pretty decent lashes and this mascara just makes them amazing. I use about 5-6 coats and it does take a lot to clump. If you have good lashes they will only be better with this product. I also love how black it is. It's not grey at all and I really love the wand. I like that my lashes at 33 are looking very good with this mascara. I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by charleybeth135

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara, I have quite short eyelashes and have trouble with finding a good mascara, this is really good for length but does not give a lot of volume, it also doesn't last very long and with a not-so-cheap purchase price, this is not ideal. I usually wear this with my MAC studio fix boldblacklash mascara so I have lots of length, darkness and volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Idunnomakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this product in the November Ipsy bag, so I have no opinion on the price, but the product is excellent. It doesn't clump until the fifth or sixth coat, and it lifts, lengthens, separates, the whole nine yards. It's the best mascara I've ever used! I already have relatively long lashes, but this mascara makes my lashes almost hit my brow bone, no exaggeration. I recommend it to ANYONE who's considering buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mascara was highly recommended by the staff at Sephora and several of my friends. I normally hate mascaras that have rubber wands but since it came so highly recommended I thought I'd give it a try anyway. It flaked horribly after just one coat, didn't smudge or smear but I had black specks all over the tops of my cheeks. It also irritated my eyes like crazy & made the outer corners feel raw. I'll never use this horrid stuff again :(

***Update 10/18/13***
Apparently I had a defective tube, after using a fantastic sample I received from Sephora for my birthday I decided to give it another shot. The second tube & sample were perfect!!! No flakes, no irritated eyes, no smudges- just long lush lashes! The SA @ Sephora said every now & then this happens when someone gets hold of an apparent bad tube. I personally think Benefit needs better QA to stop this happening. As of now the Benefit They're Real is my HG rubber/silicone wand mascara. I'm taking one lippie off due to the fact there are bad tubes at random. I pair this with Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes for incredibly long, voluminous lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by LoveMariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shocked that this has low reviews. I really love this mascara!This is something everyone should try.the volume this product gives you is amazing.I don't know how but it really lengthens my lashes and makes a huge difference.I have zero complaints and def. would repurchase.Oh and no trouble taking it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by oysterriver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't had any of the troubles others have noted. Nice separation, no clumps, and easy to take off.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

This product had gotten such high reviews that I just had to try it too. I have pretty low curving eyelashes that could use both lifting and volume and this product definately delivers volume! It's funny because maybelline swears that the magic is in the brush shape, but the brush of this product is pretty...simple looking and the bristles are pretty short. ehh.. It's a nice product :P

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Mchaleme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good mascara overall. It looks great on but I do agree with some of the other reviews with regards to the problem with it making your lashes stick together. The mascara keeps sticking to my bottom lashes when blinking (I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes either) and this gets a bit annoying after the 20th time for the day. With regards to the other reviews about this being waterproof....I am a bit confused as so many people say that it's near impossible to remove. I have not had this problem at all (I have gone through 2 tubes) when my eyes water this stuff will run as well. In addition it comes right off with my face wash and warm water (I use Obagi foaming gel cleanser but I have also removed with plain Dove soap too). I actually would like it much more if it had better staying power because if your eyes water or you are stuck in a rainstorm (common here in Vancouver :) ) it will run but the look of this stuff is awesome but I am going to look for something with more staying power when this tube is done!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Greeney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Long lasting (in the wrong kind of way)
Stuck to my lashes and wash very difficult to wash off.
Made my lashes stick together.
Gave me the scary spider look... ICK.

This mascara sucks. Stick to Great Lash.