Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 1/10/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I purchased this in Cherry Me. The smell reminds me of those lip smacker balms I used to collect as a child, but the smell is a good smell. I HATE the color. It's a bright red, which I was not expecting. I was expecting something a lot more sheer, that wasn't the case. I definitely will not be wearing this out, or at all. My lips are just as chapped as they were before I used this; the product hasn't helped whatsoever. I should have used my $3.99 to buy Burts Bees lip balm.

on 1/10/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I fell in love with the packaging so I decided to buy it. They ran out of the blue one which is clear so I decided to get the nude color in Peach Kiss. My lips do get chapped fast so I'm always in the hunt for some good lip balms. First thing I noticed was that it had a little bit of sparkle in it. Not sure if that goes for all of them though. When I applied it, it actually accentuated the lines on my lips and the little flakes I had. I'll give this line another try and get the clear one and see if that would be better.

on 1/9/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this with high hopes after my friend raved to me about it....Stupid me for not reading reviews first (thankfully this product is cheap). Don't get me wrong, it's not absolutely terrible, but I would not buy again and and it really does nothing different than any other balm that I've used. Anybody on here raving about this balm has probably never tried anything better.

PROS
-Adorable packaging. I'm a sucker for cute packaging, and these bright, pretty tubes couldn't be any more aesthetically pleasing to me.
- Provides the perfect amount of sheer color to the lips (the pigmented ones, that is). I have this in 'Pink Punch' which goes on like a sheer Barbie pink.
-They have SPF.
-They smell AMAZING. 'Pink Punch' smells like a cocktail of fruit punch and skittles. Yum!

CONS
-You can taste the SPF. Why would I want a balm that tastes like sunscreen when so many other companies make balms that taste delicious? I know I'm not eating the balm, but what if I lick my lips...Or kiss my boyfriend?
-I don't really like the texture at all. I find it to be very oily and it just kind of sits on your lips inside of sinking in (reminds me of Fresh's balms).
-The pigmented ones actually accentuate any dryness that already exists on your lips. I don't really have a problem with dry lips, but any small flakes that I do have look magnified with this product on.
-Bleeds and feathers terribly.

As far as moisturization goes, this does nothing that any other lip balm wouldn't do lmao. In fact, I think this moisturizes even LESS than most balms because it just sits on the lips. Maybelline claims that over a 4 week period your lips will be visibly renewed.....Well I've been using it for over a month and my lips are just as dry as ever. Many people feel like this is incredibly hydrating because it feels velvety and smooth upon initially application, but all this product does is create a sheen over dry lips instead of soaking in and truly repairing them. I am not impressed with with product.

on 1/9/2012 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVEEEEE this stuff...ive tried basically all the shades I especially like the bright pink one (which I repurchased several times already) :) & the clear one... My lips were never really dry but this cold weather & my abuse on lipstick (im addicted) has dried them out so after using this I deff noticed an improvement....i dont think this will do much for sumone seeking alot of moisture but i deff like it & the color payoff of the pink one is amazing!!! I recommended this to my friend & she loves it tooo..... :)

on 1/8/2012 7:45:00 AM

Damn Australia! Just incase any Australian's didn't know already, I don't think ours come in tinted form?

Anyway I have Cherry, the scent isn't delicious, it's a bit sour but I can tolerate it.

It seems to be quite a thick, waxy lip balm but I would say it is moisturising.

Yay for SPF!

Packaging is cute, but would have liked to have a lid or something on the packaging indicating whether it was tinted or not.

Price - Average. not cheap, not expensive, in line with other balms

Would I repurchase? No. I'm just going to keep scouring to see if I find a HG

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This product was okay for me. For the longest time, my favorite lip balm was Carmex or sometime I'd switch with MAC's lip conditioner, but bought this one because I needed an emergency lip balm when I forgot mine. I got this in the classic mint flavor and loved the texture when you apply this on your lips, very smooth and not too greasy. It did moisturize my lips but not as long was I hoped for it to be. Won't be buying this again, but will probably leave it at the car or my office in case I do forget to bring my other lip balm.

on 1/8/2012 4:28:00 AM

I have this in Peach Kiss. But I don't see any peach or smell any peach so I don't know why it's called peach. It's actually a mildly frosty nude color. It smells somewhat fruity. Not peachy, more like fruity candy.
I don't think it's super moisturizing. It's ok but I have better lip balms. This is more like a gloss and not a lip treatment which is what it claims to be.
It was cheap and I'll use it up but I won't buy another one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I looooove these! They make my lips feel incredible! I personally like the clear one best as I tend to get dry lips. When wearing the baby pink one, if your lips get dry it doesn't look good. Overall, I LOVE this product. I think te packaging encouraged me to buy it at first though but was it ever worth it!

i just picked this up at cvs for a little under 5 bucks. i have the hard candy tinted balm in lovestruck, and thought pink punch would be a brighter pink. nope there THE SAME. not a bad thing, i just have 2 of the same thing just about. the color is a barbie pink and smells really good. its also more glossy then the hard candy one. i like it.

on 1/7/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
Cute and awesome packaging
Convenient for an effortless look just smear it on for a natural finish
Moisturizing
Cons:
Could use more pigment but it is a tinted lipbalm so...
The colors they have are great but could use more variety

All in all I really liked this product and would purchase it again!

Popular Lip Treatments