Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 12/20/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of the super cute packaging, didn't expect too much from a Maybelline balm. I usually favor Nivea's pure and natural series, or Kiehl's. However, this one has been really surprising. Perfect texture, not too waxy or creamy, and sits really well. It feels thin, but really moisturizing lips, unlike some which just sit ontop. No way it lasts 8 hours, but it does last pretty well (a few hours?). I got this in peppermint, and Im going to get pink punch or the peach soon :D.

The packaging is very colorful and cute. I got this in Peppermint. It's very light on the Peppermint unlike most chapsticks and lip balms. It feels very thin on my lips. Which i like! My lips feel very nautrally moist when i wear this, not like i have ten layers of goopy chapstick on. Since it's thin, I don't mind having to reapply this often, im sort of religious at constantly applying lip balms anyway. But for those "it has to last 8 hours or it sucks!" kind of people this is not really all that long lasting. I look forward to trying the pigmented shades!

on 12/19/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this religiously for 4 weeks now (as you must do if you wish to see results) and I can say it DOES work. My lips had lots of damage from my habit of biting them. Almost like scar tissue. I bought two of these - one to keep in my purse and one beside my bed to put on every single night. My lips now look amazing. They look so soft, moist and healthy!! Who cares about how pigmented this stuff is when it's main purpose is to repair your lips!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros: moisturizes, hint of color, stays on longer than your average balm

Cons: smells bad, and tastes even worse! It tastes like chemicals, like sunblock. There is no way to get away from the awful flavor! It leaks a little into your mouth while you're wearing it, so you have to endure it for as long as you wear it. Will not purchase again, pretty much strictly due to the taste, but also because it's too expensive for a balm.

on 12/18/2011 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Again, I was another one who bought these after seeing such wonderful reviews on them. I have bought peppermint and cherry. Here are my thoughts:
PROS:
-Smells lovely
-Keeps my lips soft and smooth
-Packaging is adorable
CONS:
-Colour bleeds a little around the lips
-Not as cheap as I'd like (about $7 at Shoppers Drug Mart)
-Not as pigmented as I'd like.

I bought the peppermint just for moisturizing, and the cherry to add some everyday colour to my lips. It definitely gives me the "just ate a popsicle" look, but is not the red that I wanted.

Many people are saying these are quite oily, but I find oil based products are what really help my dry winter skin, so I do find these make my lips nice and soft. Would repurchase, but am going to find the Revlon Lip Butters first for better pigmentation.

on 12/18/2011 4:59:00 AM

I have Pink Punch and Peppermint. My favorite is Pink Punch b/c it smells good, provides a soft wash of color and lasts a long time. The Peppermint version is colorless and has a subtle, yummy scent. Both balms do make my lips feel super smoothe, although the Peppermint doesn't seem to last as long. These aren't the best balms or the worst balms in the world, however if it came down to using these or Blistex, good old Blistex would win by a landslide.

on 12/17/2011 11:25:00 PM

I use this in 05Quenched, 30 Peach Kiss and 24 Pink Punch.
Baby lips is NOT too creamy that it takes a long time to sink in, has a sweet scent that isn't too strong, and leaves my lips softer for a longer period of time compared to other lip balms I have used. Though the hydration doesn't last for 8 hours, it lasts at-least a few for me,so I don't need to reapply too much. In 7-8 hours I would apply the lipbalm 2-3 times.

The Quenched made my lips so smooth. I find that the tinted ones aren't as moisturizing, but are great for some color that isn't drying. However, I find the Peach Kiss is too sheer for the color to show up on my quite pigmented lips. I still like it for the small amount of shimmer.
The price of baby lips is also great. A favorite for COLOR pay off & smoothness, but nothing special for hydration. Will repurchase tinted ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have 5 of these Quenched (clear), Peppermint (clear), Cherry Me (sheer red), Grape Vine (very sheer purple), and Pink Punch (beautiful light pink). These were around $3 and I did not expect much out of them except light hydration and sheer color payoff. Boy was I wrong, they are sheer in the color department but they are super moisturizing! Pink Punch is my favorite out of the ones I own because I think the color is flattering on my NW20 skin and the scent is AMAZING! These are great for everyday because they just glide on your lips and sink into them fast. I reapply these every 3-4 hours because they are not super long wearing, but most lip balms are not! These left my lips super soft and the colored ones did not sink into the cracks of my lips like some tinted lip balms do. I also really love the packaging because it is so cute! Overall I really like these lip balms and I would love to try out the other colors! I will be repurchasing and I do recommend them! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

on 12/17/2011 10:06:00 PM

Great matte color (pink punch, and I shiny hate colored glosses and lip sticks), but useless as far as moisturizing goes. They say 8 hours, that's a lie. 1 hour if you're lucky really. It makes my lips peel really bad (worse than they already do, which is really bad to start with), which also makes the color sketchy...wouldn't buy again UNLESS I managed to cure my chapped/peeling lips and used it strictly as a smooth colored top coat.

on 12/17/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This lip balm is good for "moisturizing" but not getting rid of chapped lips. It's good to use when you just want something on your lips, but it doesn't last long. The price was pretty steep for lip balm and since lip balm gets lost so easily I usually don't spend that much on it but this time I made an exception. It was worth it and I love using it. The packing is absolutely adorable, and was ultimately what drew me to it in the first place.

I would recommend getting this for someone who just wants something to put on their lips, not to heal lips. It wasn't made to heal.

Popular Lip Treatments