December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought peach kiss. And I love the sheer color is gives my lips. I plan on buying pink punch very soon. =) Over all I give these a 5!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lalaliu

Smells great, my favourite is smoothing cherry. The colours are great but it doesnt help my lips at all, in fact ive noticed every time i apply it my lips become more cracked and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by AlyG13

I love this product, and it really helped my lips, even though I've had it for only a few hours.I have two dry spots on my lips that no other lip gloss has healed. I love this!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by heartandseoul

I really dislike this lip balm. I got it in Cherry Me, and I love the color. However, it dried out my lips so bad that it stung. When I put it on it felt like I was wearing cheap Barbie lipstick. I gave it 2 lippies because of the cute packaging and the nice color. But I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Nickee130

Having never worn any kind of lip balm,gloss or other(I always end up licking the nasty taste off of my lips or looking like a tranny)I don't have anything to compare this product to.I kept seeing Baby lip ads in all of the glossy magazines and knew i had to have it. The price is pretty good for a tube the size of a lipstick and the packaging caught my eye because it reminds me of art.When i swiped it on, i fell in love with the color Cherry Me gave to my lips and i could have sworn that the next day my itty bitty top lip was a little plumper.I'll never be much of a lips girl but i might if Maybelline keeps producing a great products like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by munteng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like that it smells like honey.
however, i find it's too greasy yet doesn't get absorbed properly. it just sits there.
the balm has been half priced in the supermarkets and i'm even not gonna try again..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 3 of these: cherry, peach, and clear.

The cherry is my favorite because it's the perfect natural red lip. No matter what eyeshadow or outfit I'm wearing, this glossy red shade fits and brightens my face. And even though it's sheer, you can swipe it a few times, and the red stain will last for hours. The price is incredible considering how versatile and wearable this balm is, and I love the spf 20. I'm motivated to try the purple shade to see if it's similar to Clinique's Black Honey.

I don't wear the peach too often because my lips are naturally pale, so I typically try to add color to them rather than go for a nude look. And I gave the clear stick to my daughter who was happy to get it.

So this is getting 4 stars, overall, instead of 5, since I think the red shade is the only real standout thus far. But it's really worth looking into, especially for the price and high spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by asolmsted

I just bought this today in Quenched and I absolutely love it! The smell is hard to describe, but it's summery and light in my opinion. I really like how this lip balm moisturizes my lips a lot, and that it's also reasonably priced! The tint is sheer, but it has a pretty sparkle, so I can wear it anywhere. Overall I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a cheap lip balm that actually works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture to this lip balm is rather interesting. They give a glossy shine, an illusion of moisturized lips but without much actual moisture... Infact on some days, it just downright feels dryer after I put this on that before using it. Got this in Peach Kiss since it seemed like a nude shade and I love the scent of peach. The scent is a lovely candy peach and you can't detect any aftertaste for the SPF which is great however the lack of moisture and the minimal almost nonexistent tint with these really does not convince me to try others. While the color seems nice in the tube, on my not so pigmented lips I just get a pearly shimmer which does not look so appealing if you apply a few layers. I've honestly had better experiences with some tinted-type lip balms from Lip Smackers so I won't be buying this again. Even at $4, my purchase seems like a waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by useyourlovex3

PROS:
-it smelt good.
-went on easy.
-SUPER cute packaging
CONS:
-i didn't really see a difference in my lips.
like for a lip balm it should make my lips baby smooth...which it didnt.
-it also emphasized my lips chappy-ness when i was having a bad lips day.
which was NOT cute at all.

summery:
i would probably not buy this product again. its cute and cheap but i can get Vaseline for cheaper and its more effective.