April 21, 2014 | 879 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up two of these (cherry and quench) at CVS and honestly I am just disappointed. All the hype for basic/generic lip balms?? At $4 they are a bit pricey too! Cute packaging though! I will stick to my EOS or Cherry Vaseline :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Saw this adorable packaging at CVS and bought it without much thought. For $4, it was cute enough to try. It smells good, tastes pretty good, and adds a bit of color. The spf 20 was the clincher for me-- hard to find that in a balm that doesn't smell horrible. Would recommend as it's a fun, cheapy thing to throw in your purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by hoodwives34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm baffled as to why this product didn't get constant 5 stars! I love it! The color I use is pink punch. I'm a African American with dark skin and I've already received several compliments! It's only $2.97 at my local drug store.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by reneesonglover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seriously cannot believe how everyone doesn't give this product 5 stars! It is one of the greatest lip balms I've ever had!!! It moisterizes and smells awesome! :) Best thing ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by sunnysam6991

I really like maybelline's baby lips i was looking for a nude kind of lip stick and im a teenage and i think its kinda weird to be putting on lip stick on all the time (cause i put lip products a lot) and this was perfect it didnt mosturize that well but i love the pigmenation. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by underage

I bought these for the packaging like most people on here said. They're decent but not my favorite. They go on very smooth and smell nice. I have the regular, pink, and peach. Not really sure why I bought all three but oh well, they're cheap enough! One thing I hated about this product is that I feel like it gets on my teeth and makes them feel slimy! Yuck. It's not as hydrating as I expected. SPF 20 is nice though. Wouldn't repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by lyndsay2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i bought this cause i saw it in a magazine and liked the packaging. i once took a chance on maybelline's falsies mascara for those reasons and was happy so i figured 'why not'. sadly, i did not have the same results with the balm as i did with falsies. this stuff isn't special or great at all. it smells fine (basically like any plain lip balm with a tiny hint of what i think is orange/citrus?) for regular balm but i did not see any noticeable change in my lips. lightly chapped areas remained just that and it didn't seem to do anything except sit on my lips. maybe this is fine for other makeup uses but for plain balm i'll be switching back to my smith's rosebud once this tube is done.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by tropicalchicko7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in pink punch, and i warn you, it is pink!!! I have very nude lips to begin with though, so that perhaps is why the color was very bright. It is a pretty baby pink shade, not to overwhelming. The balm was very soft, and went on nice and smooth. Lips felt very good even after the balm wore off! A tad expensive for just a basic lip balm, about $4.20 at walgreens. To me thats a tad on the steep side. However i will probably repurchase because i am a fool for tinted lip balms, and i want to try other colors!! : )

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I purchased the peach shade. I find it a little superior to Chap Stick but not by much. It does contain sunscreen. Although there is hardly any color, there is a little frost effect. Since I got it half price ($1.99) I will use it but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My original review was that I was not that impressed. You do get a full amount of balm with this product and it takes up the whole tube inside. At first I thought it was nothing special, but it was possibly a waxy layer to protect the balm from melting while being shipped to stores. Once you get down to the actual balm it is balmy and rich in moisture. It's not the best I've ever used. I still think original Nivea balm soaks into lips immediately, and my Carmex is a genuine must-have for night. I also love Mark Kiss Therapy because it's a serious balm that does the job. This works for mildly dry lips, and the grape does have a nice tint. However, it rubs off more easily than my favorites balms, and dry lips need to be insulated by moisture so it can nourish your lips.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No