July 29, 2014 | 2053 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ashton

Yeah the packaging is cute, but the chap stick itself is terrible. Didn't really help my lips out at all. I guess it's okay to wear under lipstick but I'd never buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

Pros:
-Cute packaging
-The tinted lip balm is actually just a tint of color, instead of being practically a lipstick.
-The balm isn't sticky.
-The scents are really nice.

Cons:
-They're almost flavorless

Overall, I didn't think this lip balm was anything special. I've used better lip balms before. I did really like the color, scents, and packaging, but I would probably buy C.G. Bigelow before this one (unless I need a cheaper alternative).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Death2Ruby

I tried this product in cherry. It made my lips very red and glossy looking, kinda like a polished red apple. I liked the smell but the red color got on everything that came near my mouth (I was blowing my nose with a tissue and realized the bottom of the tissue was red from the balm!!!) Also, this left a stain on my lips, which I didn't mind.

Personally the color was too bright for me so I won't be repurchasing. I might try a clear one though because these are so cheap! I got it for 3 bucks at walmart. If you're looking for something fun and fruity to try then this fits the bill, otherwise I would stick to good old vaseline or burts bees for keeping your lips moisturized :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT!! Does what it says moisturizes without being gross and greasy.....love the smell and I would definitely buy it again. I have it in quenched.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

I'm disappointed in this one. It looked so cool in the ads, but then first off, the packaging is the cheapest I've ever used. I think Wet 'n' Wild even has better packaging. This is super flimsy, but looks cute from a distance. I got it in peppermint and it's clear. It doesn't taste like anything much. I wish it had a nicer and more natural, stronger peppermint flavor. It does make lips soft, but not sure it lives up to its promises.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked that this had spf but this balm tastes awful. Also, it bleeds, slides around on my lips and is not very moisturizing. Cute packaging and great price but I would not repurchase. I liked the new Revlon Lip Butters so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

Omg! I love this balm! Maybelline has been one of my new favorite brands. This lip balm is SOOO smooth and smells so good! I have it in every scent and color but Quenched Baby is my favorite and it makes my lips so "baby soft!" I use it as a base for my lipstick and it's perfect. Usually lipstick dries my lips but this keeps them so moisturized and soft for hours. Definitely will buy so many more of these - especially in the other colors. Quenched Baby is clear and shiny. Amazing lip balm and only about $3 at Walmart! Also, the stick is SUPER long so it lasts a long time.

UPDATE: I've realized that this balm has a HORRID taste. The others are okay but Quenched Baby starts to taste like disgusting chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by AryBoooo63

I bought this In peach and I love it! :DD
it was soooo cheap.
It's like an effortless nude lip and it's glossy too.
It smells... like peaches, which is nice! haha.
The only cons it has are that:
It has sunscreen in it, so it tastes bad.
And I've actually had to start using chpastick under it cause my lips are really dry now :(
but other than that, it's a great color! and I reccomend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because the price was right, the name is cute, and I'm now requiring my lip color to double-duty as lip treatment. My lips always chap, and I'm fed up w/ having to carry lipstick and lip balm in my ltd space purse. I was also looking for more colors than the WONDERFULLY moisturizing but terrible color line of Neutrogen revitalizing lip tx (of which only Sunny Berry and Fresh Plum look natural and flattering). I tried Baby Lips Peach Kiss. It's not Peach. It is more of a neutral tan/beige frost. The frost sparkles are small an not excessive but look a tad white-ish/blue-ish. The color is transparent and not overall blue, just a little too cool to be called peach, which should be warmer in tone. If you are looking for a paler neutral lip, this is fine. No offensive scent. Unfortunately, the moisturizing effect wears off quickly, and I seemed to end up with drier, crustier lips in about 2-3 hrs than when I put it on. In a lip balm that claims to moisturize, this is BAD news. Lip balm is supposed to moisturize, period. This bam ability to moisturize was not even in the same league as that of the Neutrogena, as bad as Neutrogena's color selection may be. It's possible that other colors are more moisturizing, as I've had that experience with other lip products. Because the price is low, I am willing to try other colors to test this possibility, but am wary. UPDATE: I tried Pink Punch. Very Nicki Minaj cool blue-toned bubblegum pink. Looks and feels great for about an hour, looks AWESOME with the Peach Kiss on top to tone down the bubblegum tone and give a bit of neutral pearliness, but after that, my lips kept drying up worse than before. I kept re-applying and at first, feels great, then my lips kept getting drier and drier. It was a vicious circle. Maybe it's the SS ingredients. I ended up wiping off and using vaseline! I will not re-purchase. A lip balm that makes my lips shrivel and crust is a mortal sin! Too bad!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by NattyNat82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I bought it for 2.99 because I had a 1.00 coupon off of it. I just needed something really fast b/c I left my lip gloss at home. This did the trick! I was expecting it to be sticky and feel heavy on my lips, but it didn't. It glides on smoothly and it is very light. It last ok I guess. You will definitely have to reapply throughout the day I'm sure, but probably not as much as if you were to wear chapstick or some other cheapie. I bought the one named Quench, which is colorless. I'm quite pleased with this purchase.