October 24, 2014 | 1614 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

ORIGINAL POST:

Greasy, not long lasting, not moisturizing at all and kinda pricey for what you get! Didn't like this at all.

EDIT:

I still don't like this as a balm for my lips, however, I have found a wonderful way to use it as my cucticle cream... it works really well as a lovely wax based cuticule creat and it really softens the cuticles down nice, smells incredibly beautiful and works a treat. So don't throw away your bottles of maybelinne baby lips if you were not a fan like me - recycle, and use them as your cuticle creams instead!!! :))

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mrsvixen89

Bought this after seeingva commercial for while I waiting for Twilight to start at the movie theater. I bought it in Quench and I dont like the feel of it on my lips plus it only lasts like 15min. It was $4 at walgreens. I'd rather buy regular chapice from the dollar tree and save $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for cute packaging. I bought this on impulse just because it was cute. Before checking on MUA and YT on the reviews on these cute balms, I just had to buy it. Not only for the CUTE packaging, but for the price! It was $2.99 at my local Wal Mart. I bought it in Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. The very next day I tried one of them out, and instantly fell in love. The smell doesn't bother me, and I never tried tasting it. It has a sweet fruity smell to the balm. Both of them have a tint of color that's not overwhelming like lipstick. I find it as a must have for when you work out or go to the gym. In fact, I compare it to Fresh's lip balm. Just not as pricey! It's not as smooth as Fresh, but it does the same job. This is a must have in my book. GOOD JOB MAYBELLINE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Faux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I'm a LS junkie, and I think I'm converting to just this. It has great natural pigment, very soothing and makes my lips look bigger. I bought the Peach Kiss, a great nude shade, and the Pink Punch. Just got today, and have mostly worn the pink, love this shade, but I think I'll buy more tomorrow. I paid $3.99 each @ Walgeens. I'm actually going to buy back ups b/c I know they will d/c. Can't believe, with all of my high end LS, I'm even saying this, but I like it that much!
UPDATE: after a week of use, this stuff really fried out my lips. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by RyBrat1998

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had dry, caky lips, and ALWAYS peeled them. Today, I bought this product, and well...♥♥Lips are healed(;

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Quench, which is just the clear basic lip balm. I really REALLY love it! I'm very impressed. I've got a dozen different lip balms but I keep reaching for this one. I love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this in Cherry Me. I bought it primarily for it's qualities of a tinted lip balm. I was hoping to find something that added a bit of color while moisturizing my lips. It's so-so on both counts. The cherry tint it added was pretty enough, no complaints there. But it has to be reapplied very often, at least once each hour. It wears off quickly, so if you are using it as a lip color, it just doesn't hold up very long for that purpose. It feels decent enough while on. I don't really think it's doing a whole lot for moisturizing my lips,however. I was not bothered by any scent or taste. It has a bit of both, but I didn't find it to be very strong. I know many find the packaging cute. I think it is cute for younger people, or those who are really into "cute" at any age. I'm a little embarrassed to use it in all honesty. I feel too old to be using it, so I try to apply it on the sly. I will not repurchase, but will move on to another tinted lip balm in hopes of finding one I really like that is decently priced. (I thought the $3 I paid for this was very reasonable for a tinted lip balm. If only I liked it.)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by carissarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this to find relief for my extremely dry, chapped lips and figured this might do the job as well as give me a little color for day to day. Unfortunately there was no such luck...I purchased the cherry one, I forgot the exact name. Upon application (in the car, sitting in the Ulta parking lot of course hehe), I immediately took note to the intense burning sensation these gave my lips. Similar to the sensation you get if you use certain 'plumping' glosses. The color was decent, a healthy, slightly red 'stain'. But my lips were stinging! Definitely not a good first impression. I gave it many other chances, but I couldn't get over the irritation this caused. Not to mention it smells and tastes like straight up plastic. It definitely didn't feel all that hydrating either, it had a very thin, wax-like consistency (if wax could be thin, does that makes sense?) that just seemed to sit on top of my lips and just kinda, well, sit there. My lips actually felt more dry and in need of moisture now that I think about it. I gave it 2 lippies for price, I think I paid 3.99 for this? I gave it 2 for packaging, it's nothing glamourous, but that doesn't really concern me as I'm more looking for something that will PERFORM, cheap packaging or not.

In conclusion, this product has poor moisturizing capabilities (in my eyes anyway), and if you're someone like me who needs something that is going to treat chapped lips, skip this. I can usually handle products that don't smell too pleasant, but I can not get over the smell of these and how they taste like plastic if god forbid you lick your lips on accident. All that, on top with the stinging/burning my lips experienced, this wasn't worth the $4 I paid. I won't even give this to my 14 year old sister. In the trash it goes.....I highly recommend Revlon's new Lip Butters over these.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by taylorsellz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had seen reviews on this product and thought I might give it a try but I didn't feel like spending $4 bucks or so on a drugstore lipbalm but when I went shopping at my Kroger I saw it on sale for only $1.69 so I thought it was the perfect time to try it.
I got the Pink Punch one which I was very surprised by the actual color payoff on my lips. It looks to be a bright punchy pink but on my lips it looks to be a very light cool pink color which surprisingly looks great. It's the color I have been looking for in a lipstick and I was surprised to find it in a lipbalm. The packaging is cute enough athough I never judge a product on it's packaging so.. It definitely hydrates, I usually re-apply every hour or so just because I love the color and how it feels on my lips. I would say it's improved the overall softness and I've experienced less dryness since I have bought & used this product. I would rate it an A- - nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by foxlooseinnyc

This did not work well for me as a balm. I had to reapply several times through out the day. My lips did look hydrated which is funny, because they felt dryer than other balms I have used. I did not care for the "plastic" scent, I had purchased the Cherry and was hoping to have pleasant scent. No, smelled like cheap plastic too me, and did not care for the texture of the balm either. My hydrated looking lips could be the result of using vaseline at night, I would not recommend or re=purchase.