September 23, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh darn! The cute packaging gets me everytime! It was only 3.99 at Walgreens, which isnt bad for lip balm. But the bottom line is, I applied it the morning and by the end of the day, my lips were dry and flaky. I don't know how this could happen from a lip balm. But all I know is I didn't have a problem with flaky lips until today. This is probably destined for my junk drawer were I have an amazing collection of bad lip balm.
But I will say I did kind of like the color in 'grape' (turns berry toned on your lips) so *maybe* I'll use it under a moisturizing gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

I thought the letters on the cap were cute and the packaging was kind of cute but now I feel that it looks kind of cheap especially since the chapstick feels whobbly when you apply it. The only thing good about it is the SPF and this lip balm doesn't last for 8 hours like it claims.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Natalie33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in "Pink Punch" and I am slighltly disappointed in this product. It claims to give you something like 8hrs of moisture for your lips but I felt I had to constantly reapply it almost every hour. On the other hand, I didn't mind the color, I thought it was a fun pink.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in 'Peach Kiss' after watching people on youtube rave about them. I'm glad this was really cheap because this was a huge disappointment. It goes on a bit dry and it looks like the dreaded 'concealer lips' look that I hate. Waxy, milky-looking and concealer lips - can it get any worse? Oh yea, because I found it a bit drying as well. I've only tried the 'Peach Kiss' but I won't be trying any more. I'm still in search of the tinted lip balm/stain that looks natural and give some moisture. This was definitely not it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

COST: Paid around $4 for Pink Punch at CVS.
COLOR: The lipstick like tube is true to the color-its a bright fuchsia.
CLAIMS: 82% visibly less dry, 94% less rough, 77% more supple-better looking lips; via 4 wk clinical study on the back of the package.
PROS: Cute packaging, SPF 20, good color payoff.
CONS: Not true to its claims or name of 'lip balm.'
REVIEW:I have uber dry cracky lips all year long, which did NOT (sadly) feel the 8 hr moisture/lip renewal as labeled. The texture is oily so it slips & sits right on top of my lips, instead of penetrating to moisturize, its almost like a sheen lipstick feel. I'll stick to my Palladio tinted balms until I can get my hands on the new Revlon lip butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by rubylola

I have been using the peppermint baby lips and I really like it. It is really moisturising and great for the beach. I like the cute packaging and the lid clicks on really well. There is nothing worse than your lip balm lid popping off in your handbag, yuck! It really does make my lips feel baby soft and I don't need to reapply too often. The peppermint flavour (think it is menthol in Australia) has no colour but I am not sure about the other flavours. I would like to purchase one of the others if they are tinted. But this one is nice for under lipstick which I find very drying. Overall, very nice and very cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by FabFashionista101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is very moistirizing. The name is odd, creepy, and wierd,
But the overall product is nice. This give me lips a little bit of color, which i was hoping it would give me more. It was inexpensive, so I would buy it again for its moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought Grape and Cherry ice. I like how moisturizing it feels on my lips, but there was absolutely no color at all. I will use it up, but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cute packaging. I have the pink and the peach one. The pink one is very pigmented. I usually don't wear colors, but I like it. The peach just has a tiny bit of tint. You can hardly see it. I like these. I have to reapply more often than I like. For the price, it is ok though.

Mine do not look like the main picture. Rather they have a clear lid that is shaped more like a lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Krystall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had seen a favourable review of these on Youtube and decided to grab a couple and check them out. I purchased Energising Orange and Anti-oxidant Berry.
The packaging is super cute! I love the bright colours. Otherwise it's packaged just like any old lip balm with the pull off cap and twisty bottom.
Both of the balms were completely colourless. I was kind of disappointed because I had heard that they were tinted. I guess the product is different in Australia? Despite that the scents are totally delicious. The orange smell is crazy yummy, reminded me of my Orange Fanta Lip Smacker. The berry one is incredibly subtle compared to the orange but it's still pretty nice.
The staying power on these isn't great. I am a lip licker so I am sure the product could last longer on someone else but for me I was reapplying every 30 - 45 minutes.
They moisturise beautifully. My lips have been pretty cracked and dry lately, need to remember to drink more water, and this balm made them feel amazingly soft after just few hours.
It feels super great on the lips, not waxy or thick. It kind of feels like butter to me. Just light and incredibly smooth.
The price on these was crazy good! Just $4 each from Priceline. I was stoked.
All in all I would repurchase and recommend these.