November 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lizzyp0206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. It's very moisturizing and it feels great on my lips. Pink Punch is a great subtle pink against my Asian coloring. Peach Kiss is more natural with some beige undertones. They're both pretty sheer, so you could probably layer more if you want color. They both also smell great! The only thing I don't like is that there's a strong taste of spf/sunscreen. Other than that, I think it's a great product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ChgoSyd78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I struggle with slightly flaky lips, especially during the winter. After using this balm my lips are smooth and soft. My lips have a lot of natural color and the Grape adds a sheer, sweet tint that does not look overly made up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by rangerhollywood

I'm a little torn on this product... I should base it mostly off this though: Maybelline does not deliver on their promise of softer lips. Quite the opposite for me, actually.

What I love about these (I have the grape & cherry) is the color and sheen. This is such a perfect sheer but still fairly pigmented balm- the grape one comes out to a nice sheer fuchsia (very sheer, actually) and the cherry one has a rather bright, bright sheer red-pink tint. The cherry one is a bit less wearable for all instances I suppose. But I love that with this level of pigmentation I don't even need a mirror to apply because it is even every time!

The problem is that they require frequent reapplication, and although I don't find them particularly drying, they are also not moisturizing. Although they don't makes my lips any drier, this makes them peel! It's pretty gnarly sometimes because after a day of multiple applications I can pick at my lips and with no effort pull of little sheets of skin- gross. This isn't something I can usually do... I do not tend to have dry or peeling/cracking lips.

TL;DR - pick these up for the cute, juicy sheer color, but do not expect that they will perform like a moisturizing balm. I will probably repurchase though because of the great easy to wear tints with no shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by magujuniperb

I actually wavered between a 3 and 4 for this product. I fell in love with the commercial, because ever since about a year ago I really took it upon myself to get super soft, healthy lips. A decade of trying on different glosses, lipsticks and balms really left them cracked and chapped (at worst times peeling). So you can see how this commercial really tempted me.

The first few days the product seemed okay. It definitely made my lips softer, but it didn't last long. I had to reapply several times during the day, and my lips don't feel moisturized after it wore off. It's been about a week now, and this has gotten a bit worse (or maybe more noticeable). Lips feel dry enough to prompt me to reapply. Honestly, it's a bit better than almost everything else I've tried (excluding vaseline and palmer's cocoa butter stick), and reminds me of CG lipslicks. Very siimilar effect, with a better smell but much worse packaging. I have no idea what Maybelline was thinking with this packaging...are we adolescents or something?

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jamiegirl95

A very nice lip tint in terms of color HOWEVER, made my lips peel, crack, and feel awful. I even broke out in cold sores from all the peeling. Going back to my Burt's Bees...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by VampirePrincess320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip balm. Their is a pretty large color range, but I have mine in the #25 Pink Punch, and it's just a really pretty medium-hot pink color -

I really want to get another one but in the color #5 Quenched. These lip balms are really pigmented, that at times, I don't even apply lip gloss over it unless it's clear because I don't want to ruin the color. The lip balm is really moisturizing, and I really like that it has SPF 20. This lip balm is probably the only lip product I have that has more than SPF 15, which is good too. :) The packaging is super cute, especially the Baby Lips writing, I love!! :) It's nice that the cap is clear so you can actually see the product color inside. The color I have does have a smell too it, but I feel it has a nice juicy scent. :) They say that it makes your lips visibly renewed and hydrated for 8 hours. They say that this lip balm makes your lips 77% smoother and suppler in 4 weeks. I have had this for probably only 2-3 weeks, so I can't say, but hopefully it's true. :) They only cost about $3 at Target, and I was lucky to get it during the first weeks it came out. I just recently went to Target today, and when I looked at the stand, they were all out!! I was surprised to be honest, but try to get your hands on them soon. I would recommend them for the price. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

I really wanted to like this product...

The smell is overwhelming, at first, I thought it was okay..sort of nostalgic -- it reminds me of chapstick or candy from my childhood. The color I got, the peach color, it's just not a good color for me, maybe for someone with less pigmented lips. The product itself was okay for a week or two, until it started turning my lips into little prunes! The peach color at least, if your lips arent smooth prior to putting this on, you're going to look like you put shiny chunks of sand all over your lips..

And finally, the packaging is horrific. I felt like such an idiot pulling thusly product out of my bag. It looks like it came from a store for preteen girls (Claire's, limited too). There are ways to make neon/bright colors look a tiny bit less tacky. Maybelline failed royally with this packaging, which looks like they're trying to sell lip balm to 13 year olds..

Maybe some of the clear or tinted shades are better.. But I can't say that I'll be buying any of them to find out!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by joyous258

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale and I actually currently have two of them(originally bought four because they all seemed so adorable). The smell is really sweet and yummy, and it is pretty moisturizing. But you kinda have to re-apply it often. Overall I liked it and it is a really nice present to give to others:)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i think this does an amazing job with color pay off and is not sort of greasy and slimy like chapstick can be. I think this is what a true TINTED lip balm sound be. it makes my lips look amazing and a bit glossy but not sticky like lip gloss is. The only problem is that it doesn't last that long but i don't mind reapplying as it is a balm and not like a lipstick, bc it would suck to reapply constantly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

ORIGINAL POST:

Greasy, not long lasting, not moisturizing at all and kinda pricey for what you get! Didn't like this at all.

EDIT:

I still don't like this as a balm for my lips, however, I have found a wonderful way to use it as my cucticle cream... it works really well as a lovely wax based cuticule creat and it really softens the cuticles down nice, smells incredibly beautiful and works a treat. So don't throw away your bottles of maybelinne baby lips if you were not a fan like me - recycle, and use them as your cuticle creams instead!!! :))