January 27, 2015 | 1669 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ghprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am constantly using lip balm for my dry lips. Once I tried the Peach Kiss it made my lips feel so smooth and hydrated, Also, it gives such a great shimmer color to your lips. I have suggested it and everyone who has bought it loves it. I will never buy another kind of lip balm again other than Baby Lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by beautykitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 'Quenched'. I really love the packaging because it is adorable!! It applies very smoothly to my lips, and feels very moisturizing! It definitely does not last up to 8 hours, thou. You will have to reapply. I quite like this balm, but the one thing I hate is the taste it has! It has that awful SPF taste that some others have mentioned - and it is disgusting! I'm so scared to lick my lips by accident or anything because I can't stand the taste. I don't think I'd repurchase, this one tube is enough. Maybe if they get rid of that taste, gross.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

This is nice in mint. Its clear, feels cushy on, and the scent is lovely. Its moisturizing and the packaging is cute. I bought this for my 10 yr old niece who also has very dry lips. She loves this, the packaging, scent, and I like that she using something with an spf even at her age. Any girl would like these I'm sure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the pink one in fruit punch. This is my HG lip balm. Let me tell u why. First off it moisturizes my lips nicely. It gives my lips a pretty pink color, almost a hot pink which is very flattering for my nc 20 skin color. Did i mention it smells very nice just like fruit punch. Go and get this if u love pink lips and this wont dry out ur lips or make them peel. It's my hg lip balm. I been using this for over a month now. The price is unbelievable- I brought this without a sale for only $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Anvils

I like this a lot, its packaging is very cute. I have been using this for about 3 weeks now, I have the red coloured one. My only problem with it is that I just peeled an awfully large piece of skin off of my lips. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by smohamed04

Revised Review:

I'm in love. I first bought this product in "peppermint" which is the clear colour. No, the product does not moisturize for 8 hours, nor does it makes your lips softer in 4 weeks. However, I'm still addicted. Peppermint I purchased for $3.83 (CAN) at Walmart. Today I picked up "Pink Punch," "Peach Kiss" and, "Cherry Me." I'm medium skin tone and I like the "Pink Punch" the best. The pink is very sheer and just lightly colours your lips, perfect for a natural lip - which is good for me because I do big eyes all the time - so natural lip is needed! The "Cherry me" is not bad, I really like it. It does not come on red, which was a bit of a let down. The peach kiss does not even show on my lips. Looks just like the clear "Peppermint." I bought all three colours today at Loblaws for $4.99 (CAN) each. I know it's more expensive, but I have not seen the colour options anywhere!

Overall, I recommend it for the sheer fact that it has SPF 20 in it - that you need all the time! My lips are dark and it's from the sun. So please use SPF on your lips so they don't get dark like mine!

-----

Old Review:

I was in Sephora today, looking for a lip treatment because my lips are peeling. I've been using glycolic acid on them, trying to get rid of darkness, but that's a whole other story.

Long story short, I looked at two products there that are lip treatment, both without SPF for over $40 CAN.

Then I went to walmart and saw this product for $2.83 CAN, no tint and SPF 20.

I love it. It smells like peppermint, moisturizes (not for 8 hours through, that's a huge lie) and has SPF, which is what I need.

Overall, it is incredible for the price, comparable with the $40 lip treatments.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by burnsatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this in the Peach. It felt nice but there was no color to it whatsoever. It didn't last an hour, let alone the 8 hours the packaging promised. It could be addicting as you need to reapply it constantly--maybe that's the point so you'll buy more. In any event, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It looks professional. I love this junkie. It;s a must have. Jennifer Lopez wore it as being the strict-judge on American Idol

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Qwertyreyful

I had recently bought one these lip balms. I chose Pink Punch because well, I'm a teenage girl and we girls get easily drawn to anything pink. I thought the packaging was like every other packaging. It does remind me of nivea balms. I had put it on and when I had, the smell was pretty but not as pretty as other lip balms I've tried. I also like how it's tinted with a sheer pigment of hot pink In which you could apply more than once to ACTUALLY make it hot pink. Having tan skin, I can't really work the hot pink look, but this is a beautiful sheer color. I also can't help but to touch my lips after applying it because it's soo smooth and it makes my lips look plump but with out the glossy look which I love. I like the matte look on lips. Anyways, this was worth spending my money on. I would buy it again but maybe not as much as my go to balm, blistex.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in Grape Vine. Was a little apprehensive to try the balm was stark purple, but going on it produces a glossy sorry of sheen dark pinkish color to my lips. It's great in that it moisturizes and gives color that doesn't need a mirror to be applicated. There are cons to this, however, are that it won't really help MUCH if you put it on lips that have a to of dry sin on top of them. It will just sit there, you'll have to exfoliate your lips as it doesn't penetrate very well. Another con is that you will need to reapplicate it, it won't stay on forever, but because you don't need a mirror to put it on, as it will leave mere traces of color on skin (not lips), and is easily wiped off it's no biggie.

UPDATE: What can I say, I just love updating. So I had originally given this 4 lippies but upon reconsideration (as well as redigging this out from the bottom of the chasm also known as my lip balm bag), I did notice that this moisturizes for only about two hours then it is completely NECESSARY to reapply. This is so tiresome! I would recommend Palmer's coco butter swivel stick!