October 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I think everyone who doesn't like this foundation has tried to make it something that is not.It never stated to be for oily skin,or to cover all imperfections.I for one like to make my everyday make up very natural,and would recommended this to anyone else who likes a natural face.It does exactly what it says,blends seamlessly,matches skin tone,and gives a natural glow.That being said,i like this foundation and it probably while become my go to foundation.For you other ladies who like wearing masks would be better off with something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I may have passed on this if I had checked MUA first, so I'm glad I didn't! Usually, though, you guys are great!

Pros:
Normally, I don't care much for how a product is packaged in terms of looks--it's in my bathroom, and no one but me and my husband will see it. I love the way this bottle looks. It's simple, pared-down shape is aesthetically pleasing to me on my counter. Could it be more user friendly? Sure--it could have a pump and be in a non-glass container, but I'm willing to forgive it because it looks great. Sometimes looks do trump utility.

I always set my foundation with powder, so I don't require a foundation to stand alone. The very first time I used this foundation, I was outside for four hours in Houston, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in May, waiting for the Art Car Parade to start (we have an art car, so we had to be there that early). I knew I was risking it, but if it could hold on for that, it was good for pretty much anything Houston's climate could throw at it. As expected, there was some rub off on the nosepieces of my sunglasses, but other than that it stayed on.

It's a light to medium coverage, which I like for everyday. Right now my rosacea is no problem, although it always makes me look finished without looking "made-up". I have rosacea and this tones it down enough so that it's a nice natural glow on my cheeks. Oh, and it hasn't made my rosacea flare up, either.

It only cost 5.99 at my supermarket, granted, it was on sale, but still half of what a basic L'Oreal foundation would cost.

SPF of 18.

Fragrance is nice and light--like a moisturizer--but may turn some people off.

Cons:
I purchased it the morning of the parade on a whim--my other foundations were starting to look too pale. I got 130, which I can blend in, but it isn't perfect. If you are interested in trying this, go to a CVS or Walgreens that has all of the shades, not an edited selection like my supermarket. I think that 125 would be ideal (and I've seen it at CVS), and my market was out of 120, so I did the best I could in a pinch.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mschams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about this foundation is the color, how well it matches my skin tone... but coverage is not all there, absolutely is OILY. I swear as I am applying it... my face just looks oily and SHINY. I can't cover it.. for awhile I thought it was me but it isn't. So when I used blotting papers, my foundation easily smears off .. I will not be buying this again...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by roguelicious

This foundation was really oily. I agree that it did blend well but two hours after I started wearing it it looked really oily on my skin - that's with powder to set. It doesn't have a pump, which is why I rated it a three for packaging. The rest of it is nice. I will say that I love the numbering system and that they managed to make a foundation for every color. This foundation was sheer-to medium coverage and just wasn't for me. For a younger teen who just wants a bit of coverage and maybe has dry skin, this would be perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kflyy939

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't the worst foundation, but it's not the best. If you have oily or even slightly oily skin, DON'T buy it. It will make your skin look like a slip and slide. The sad thing is I really do like the color of the one I got because it really does match very well! If you have drier skin I think this foundation would be okay for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I haven't worn foudation in ages (like two or three years), so I decided to give this one a shot on a recent shopping expedition. I bought the 310 shade, which matches me PERFECTLY! It's pretty sheer, which I like, but I can build up to more coverage if needed. (Mainly along my jawline, where I have bright red post-acne marks.) I love the packaging, how it's shaped, and the fact that it isn't very expensive. (It's typically $7, which isn't bad, but I got it on sale for $4.50, score!) I've worn it for about three days thus far (I don't wear foundation every day), and I haven't had any adverse reactions. Typically I break out or get clogged pores within the first couple of hours after wearing a foundation, which is why I quit using it in the first place. I've had nothing but good results so far, and I will definitely re-post if anything changes.

Edited 10/9/2011
I was scrolling through my reviews, and was like "why did I give this one a five?!?" I forgot to come back and mention that after about a week of wearing this, I noticed that it was oxidizing to a not-so-attractive orange. So, no more Fit Me for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by hayiitsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not, I repeat, do not buy this foundation. The second I put it on, my face was a grease pit. Also, it didn't blend well for me, and had little coverage. There are so many cheaper&better foundations to buy that are way better that this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mbquinn33

I was so excited to try this foundation, the way that it was packaged reminded me of MAC in a way so I thought hey maybe they will have it as a good dupe. But i HATED this product! i tried it for 3 weeks and it never stayed on, had 0 coverage. I feel like i had to apply half the bottle just to get it to have some kind of impact. It was watery and just awful. I ended up giving it to my best friend, and she had a horrible reaction/break out and had to cut out makeup completely for a few days just to get her skin healthy again. I would never ever recommend this product to anyone. just awful!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am going to be honest here, I didnt have high hopes for this, as I have read and watched reviews on this.

Pros:
-Goes on smoothly
-Blends nicely
-Love the finish it gives
-Affordable

CONS:
-NO PUMP
-Within 30mins my face looked like an oily mess!
-Oxidizes way too fast, literally took all my blush and bronzer off. My face looked blotchy.
-Not long lasting at ALL.
-Even with a primer and powder, this product did not stay on.

I will be returning this. I forgot to mention that yes i do have oily skin, but ever since i have bought the Olay Face brush thing, my skin has become less oily and more evened out. But after using this product, i kid you not, my face went back to its oily habits again and i think it responsible for a breakout. NOT COOL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation for mixing or layering with others. I have had so many hopes crushed by foundations that don't live up to my expectations, but I guess I wasn't expecting a lot from this one. I use 110, and while it's a little too yellow for my liking, it's otherwise a good match for my PPP skin. I really get awesome results layering this with Physicians Formula Healthy Wear powder and mixing it with MUFE Mat Velvet +.

EDIT: I took this one down a lippie because it is FAR too oily for summertime use. I will try it again once the weather cools down a bit, because this might be a better fall/winter foundation.