October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chiqui24

so i bought this last thursday and i was so excited to use it, the looks of the model in the magazine is amazing and ive seen some reviews at youtube and so far its alright. (i was using revlon colorstay for the past 2months by the way, and i love it), anyhow, so i bought this, along with the concealer and powder.. (i dont usually use a concealer because the revlon colorstay can hide all my acne scars). i was very excited to use it the next day for work. i am living in the caribbean are ARUBA specifically, and it is very sunny and warm here so i don't think that this foundation for a very hot and sunny weather. the reviews are right it makes you oily, so if you have an oily skin and have some acne like me, it is not good for you. it worsen my acne.. and after a few hours my face became so oily and it showed all of my acne .. so it made my face like a volcano waiting to erupt.. (it is horrible!!!) im a waitress and i face people all the time and its embarrassing to talk with guests knowing that your face is very oily and your acnes are showing off.. its really disgusting. so i used it for 3days, first day was alright, 2nd day was just worst! and i told myself, i'll give it a try one more time.. and the 3rd day was a nightmare!!! so i went back to my revlon colorstay and everything went alright. now my boss was able to talk to me and look at me in my face.. so, i don't think i will buy this again, and i don't recommend this to people with oily skin and are living in a caribbean part and or not working over airconditioned place. if you have a dry and acne free plus no pores skin, then maybe it is perfect for you. as for me.. absolutely no! plus, i still have to buy an extra concealer which doesn't really conceal everything that you wanted to conceal. you pay extra for everything.

1.foundation
2.concealer
3.powder

so it made me pay more.. while with revlon colorstay, i only have to buy that.. and just a powder and im all set.

im using revlon colorstay for oily skin and a clinique translucent powder which makes my face presentable on my job on a hot and sunny island. i work on the beach area by the way so that makes it very difficult to find a good make up for skin.

this is my first review i hope i did well. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I think everyone who doesn't like this foundation has tried to make it something that is not.It never stated to be for oily skin,or to cover all imperfections.I for one like to make my everyday make up very natural,and would recommended this to anyone else who likes a natural face.It does exactly what it says,blends seamlessly,matches skin tone,and gives a natural glow.That being said,i like this foundation and it probably while become my go to foundation.For you other ladies who like wearing masks would be better off with something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I may have passed on this if I had checked MUA first, so I'm glad I didn't! Usually, though, you guys are great!

Pros:
Normally, I don't care much for how a product is packaged in terms of looks--it's in my bathroom, and no one but me and my husband will see it. I love the way this bottle looks. It's simple, pared-down shape is aesthetically pleasing to me on my counter. Could it be more user friendly? Sure--it could have a pump and be in a non-glass container, but I'm willing to forgive it because it looks great. Sometimes looks do trump utility.

I always set my foundation with powder, so I don't require a foundation to stand alone. The very first time I used this foundation, I was outside for four hours in Houston, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in May, waiting for the Art Car Parade to start (we have an art car, so we had to be there that early). I knew I was risking it, but if it could hold on for that, it was good for pretty much anything Houston's climate could throw at it. As expected, there was some rub off on the nosepieces of my sunglasses, but other than that it stayed on.

It's a light to medium coverage, which I like for everyday. Right now my rosacea is no problem, although it always makes me look finished without looking "made-up". I have rosacea and this tones it down enough so that it's a nice natural glow on my cheeks. Oh, and it hasn't made my rosacea flare up, either.

It only cost 5.99 at my supermarket, granted, it was on sale, but still half of what a basic L'Oreal foundation would cost.

SPF of 18.

Fragrance is nice and light--like a moisturizer--but may turn some people off.

Cons:
I purchased it the morning of the parade on a whim--my other foundations were starting to look too pale. I got 130, which I can blend in, but it isn't perfect. If you are interested in trying this, go to a CVS or Walgreens that has all of the shades, not an edited selection like my supermarket. I think that 125 would be ideal (and I've seen it at CVS), and my market was out of 120, so I did the best I could in a pinch.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mschams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about this foundation is the color, how well it matches my skin tone... but coverage is not all there, absolutely is OILY. I swear as I am applying it... my face just looks oily and SHINY. I can't cover it.. for awhile I thought it was me but it isn't. So when I used blotting papers, my foundation easily smears off .. I will not be buying this again...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by roguelicious

This foundation was really oily. I agree that it did blend well but two hours after I started wearing it it looked really oily on my skin - that's with powder to set. It doesn't have a pump, which is why I rated it a three for packaging. The rest of it is nice. I will say that I love the numbering system and that they managed to make a foundation for every color. This foundation was sheer-to medium coverage and just wasn't for me. For a younger teen who just wants a bit of coverage and maybe has dry skin, this would be perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kflyy939

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't the worst foundation, but it's not the best. If you have oily or even slightly oily skin, DON'T buy it. It will make your skin look like a slip and slide. The sad thing is I really do like the color of the one I got because it really does match very well! If you have drier skin I think this foundation would be okay for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I haven't worn foudation in ages (like two or three years), so I decided to give this one a shot on a recent shopping expedition. I bought the 310 shade, which matches me PERFECTLY! It's pretty sheer, which I like, but I can build up to more coverage if needed. (Mainly along my jawline, where I have bright red post-acne marks.) I love the packaging, how it's shaped, and the fact that it isn't very expensive. (It's typically $7, which isn't bad, but I got it on sale for $4.50, score!) I've worn it for about three days thus far (I don't wear foundation every day), and I haven't had any adverse reactions. Typically I break out or get clogged pores within the first couple of hours after wearing a foundation, which is why I quit using it in the first place. I've had nothing but good results so far, and I will definitely re-post if anything changes.

Edited 10/9/2011
I was scrolling through my reviews, and was like "why did I give this one a five?!?" I forgot to come back and mention that after about a week of wearing this, I noticed that it was oxidizing to a not-so-attractive orange. So, no more Fit Me for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by hayiitsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not, I repeat, do not buy this foundation. The second I put it on, my face was a grease pit. Also, it didn't blend well for me, and had little coverage. There are so many cheaper&better foundations to buy that are way better that this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mbquinn33

I was so excited to try this foundation, the way that it was packaged reminded me of MAC in a way so I thought hey maybe they will have it as a good dupe. But i HATED this product! i tried it for 3 weeks and it never stayed on, had 0 coverage. I feel like i had to apply half the bottle just to get it to have some kind of impact. It was watery and just awful. I ended up giving it to my best friend, and she had a horrible reaction/break out and had to cut out makeup completely for a few days just to get her skin healthy again. I would never ever recommend this product to anyone. just awful!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am going to be honest here, I didnt have high hopes for this, as I have read and watched reviews on this.

Pros:
-Goes on smoothly
-Blends nicely
-Love the finish it gives
-Affordable

CONS:
-NO PUMP
-Within 30mins my face looked like an oily mess!
-Oxidizes way too fast, literally took all my blush and bronzer off. My face looked blotchy.
-Not long lasting at ALL.
-Even with a primer and powder, this product did not stay on.

I will be returning this. I forgot to mention that yes i do have oily skin, but ever since i have bought the Olay Face brush thing, my skin has become less oily and more evened out. But after using this product, i kid you not, my face went back to its oily habits again and i think it responsible for a breakout. NOT COOL