August 22, 2014 | 1936 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lac925

At first, I was confused with the different shades - I was between a 120 and a 210. Based on a reply I got in the Forums, I chose to go with 210 (Sandy Beige) and I'm glad I did :) The shade matches my skintone perfectly. For some reason, my face always seems a tad darker than the rest of me, but 210 blends it all together perfectly! I apply this after using a primer, using a damp makeup sponge and I get great coverage. I bought the foundation together with the matching concealer and the powder (to set everything). Not sure yet how it will hold up in warmer weather (I tend to produce more oil in the summer - bleh!), but we'll just have to see.

Overall, I'm glad I tried this. My skin has a few acne scars and some redness and this really covers them up :) And I love how "high end" the packaging looks :P Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually like this foundation. I am an nc40 in Mac terms and 310 in this foundation. let's see, what I do like about it is the shade it's a perfect match! And blends wonderfully into my skin. Its about a medium coverage for my face and really brightens my face up. I am combination in skintone, so I have to set it with a powder and it's lasts about most of the day on me, but I do have to touch up on my nose. I also did not break out! Which is a good thing. What I don't like about it is that it does and will transfer so I really have to try not to touch my face and the packaging could be better but other than that I like it! It was cheap enough to try and to keep. one other thing is that I haven't tried it on a hot hot day so we will see how it works for me than.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by kikicookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh this is the greasiest foundation. I didn't notice it so much until I looked into my magnified mirror and wow it literally looked like I had slime streaked on my face. I can't seem to find the right application either. Tried my fingers, a foundation brush, and stippling. Everthing looked streaky. And it just feels so wet! I have to set it with powder to cut down the grease-ball look. And of coarse the lasting power is almost non-existant. To top it all off, the pour-bottle packaging just sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by peacegirl22

I love this foundation! About me- oily/combo skin, acne-prone, NC25-30, warm undertones. I purchased the shade 210, which is almost an exact match. If you're NC30 with very strong yellow undertones, 210 is perfect!
The pros:
-looks natural, not cakey
-glowy/dewy finish
-medium/buildable coverage
-doesn't feel heavy or break me out
-affordable (7.99 CAD at walmart)

cons:
-only lasts 4-5 hours
-the packaging isnt that great- tends to leak around the edges for me

All in all I really love this foundation, just wish it lasted a bit longer on my oily skin. Will def. repurchase anyway though since the finish is just perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by purpleshoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was nice, but I found it a bit oily and heavy feeling, no matter how I applied it. That would have been fine with some powder if the shade hadn't been wrong. I got 115, and it was way too dark and orange, but it was the lightest shade that I could find at any of my local stores. Some of the stores I went to only had 120 and up, and I couldn't find 110 anywhere. So, I don't know. I might have liked this more if it weren't so impossible to find the right color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product worked for me at first but I gradually started to dislike it as I kept using it. I use the shade 110. First I tried 115, but it was way too orange and dark on me.
I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets random dry patches between my eyebrows and under my nose. Unfortunately. ANYWAYS! When I use this it seems to settle into those areas making them extremely obvious. I really like the idea of allowing my freckles show through my foundation because I love them and I don't want them to be covered, but I don't want my dry patches and blemishes to be highlighted in the process! I also noticed that it starts to get extremely slippery on certain days. It starts sliding around my face and it just feels like I spread olive oil all over my face! Ugh, on the hunt for a better one... as always.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation!! I wear 135 and it fits my natural skin tone PERFECTLY! It's very lightweight like it promises, but the coverage is very good! This foundation lasts all day for me, and blends on the skin so nicely (i prefer using a sponge with this product). The price is very affordable, but I do have to say I dislike glass bottles so much!! :) Definitely worth repurchasing, and convinced to me try out the other Fit products!! :) Hope this helps!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TheMrsPacheco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a foundation that's relatively cheap and sheer, this isn't bad. However, for those of us who have skin more on the oily side, this is probably not so good for you. I liked the color match to my skin.

Wish it came with a pump!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros----->
*excellent colour selection
*cheap
*light weight
*last for a good amount of time (5 hours)
*melts into skin

cons----->
*sticky finish
*transfers with oily skin
*smears on oily skin
*no pump

additional oppinions---->
*comparable to a tinted moisturizer (light to medium coverage)
*for all skin types
*has silicone
*dewy finish (no shimmer)
*liquidy consistancy

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have acne-prone combination skin with some fine wrinkles, dark rings under my eyes, and and brown spots.
Before I bought this foundation, I read the reviews and used the shade finder on the Maybelline website, since I really wasn't sure, if it would work for me - but then I thought, $7 is not a great loss. It recommended 110 for me - their lightest shade. I was really skeptical, because the light shades are almost indistinguishable online.
When I first applied it, it looked too light, but after a couple minutes it looked just right - indoors and outdoors. The coverage is kind of sheer, but not too sheer. It evened out my skin tone. The concealer matched very well on my under-eye area, but not when I used it on a small spot on my shoulder. Strangely enough, it turned orange?!?
I did not buy the powder to go with it, but used a good one from another line that has worked well for me so far. A few hours later, my forehead was pretty shiny and I needed to touch up. I am not convinced that their powder would have done a better job. The foundation and concealer did settle some in my fine lines under my eyes, but that may have been due to the moisturizer I used. A quick swipe with the pinky and it looked fine.
So all in all, it is not a bad foundation, but not a great foundation. The only thing that stumped me was their blush recommendation to go with 110 - Light Pink! Really?? I don't think so.
Would I buy it again? Maybe - since I am often hard to match. I marked no, since maybe is not an option. The color match is pretty good and it is cheap and this will work, when I don't have acne flare-ups. But as so many of us, I will keep looking for my Holy Grail.
My skin tone is very fair, with some beige and yellow/golden undertones. EDM 50/50 mix Sandy Fair/Fairly Light. Meow Inquisitive Siamese or Korat in PP. BE 50/50 mix Fair/Fairly Light was too dark.