November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by honeybeeyy

I have been using this for couple months. The texture of this foundation is very nice. It gives you a nice glow and it is not heavy at all. However, I have stopped using it due to the color. I've bought Fiji, but it is too yellowish on me (I'm asian with a light to medium skin tone). Gobi is too white, Deauville is too pink, and Ceylan is too dark for me. I like the texture and finish of this foundation, but I just cannot find a color that matches my skin tone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this now for a few months. I loved the glow it gives and the coverage is just enough not to look to heavy. i use retin a to get rid of all the acne so i tend to have dry skin. i found the foundation didnt work well with the dry skin and at times i felt it looked very powdery and sank into fine lines. overall a good foundation but probably suit oily skin more. perfer the chanel pro lumier for the dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by rachybloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDITED: After initially writing this review, I have found that if I apply the foundation with anything BUT my fingers, it smears and smudges all day. I had two friends comment on my foundation and (quite honestly) tell me that it looked like it was just SMEARING. And I have dry, dehydrated skin. I shelved this product for a couple months, vowing to NEVER touch it again since it decided to stop working with my skin. However, one day I saw pixi2woo on youtube say it applied beautifully with the fingers. So I used a bit of the new L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer (in the pot, the clear one) on well-moisturized skin, then rubbed this in with clean finger tips, making sure to blend it in very well. VOILA. It looked amazing all day. I have also found that setting it with Guerlain Mythic Meteorites is the only powder that works with this. My previous method worked at first, but then it began to look terrible. My advice? Try applying this with your fingers. Normally, I HATE applying foundations with my fingers since I have five foundation brushes, but this foundation, in my opinion, works best when blended well with fingers.

I'm on my second repurchase of this, and behind MUFE HD, it is my second favorite foundation. Although the name implies a dewy finish, I actually find that this is a "satin" or "natural" finish. It's neither matte nor dewy and looks incredibly natural. The word "Sheer" is also misleading, this is a definite medium coverage foundation. I apply with the Sephora 55 brush, using either Dior Skinflash Primer or Giorgio Armani Master Light Fluid Primer as a priming base. I've set this foundation with MAC MSFN, MUFE Duo Mat, and Guerlain Mythic Meteorites all to great success. However, I prefer the meteorites for this specific foundation. Every time I wear this, I get compliments on my skin. I'm a match to MUFE HD 110 (PPP with slight pink undertones) and wear NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia, which is a big lighter than 110, and less pink, but I think it matches my neck better anyways. So why do I slightly prefer MUFE HD? Although Siberia matches me SLIGHTLY better, I think MUFE HD lasts longer. NARS Sheer Glow has a tendency to slip around on me a little bit, and I have dry skin! I may trying using it without a primer (I tend to use moisturizing primers), or with a less emollient moisturizer to see if that helps. However, this is the only flaw I have found with this and will update if I find an improvement in my routine that makes this last longer! All in all, this is an amazing foundation that provides a natural finish. I would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by draginl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was scared to use this, since I don't want anything resembling a shine on my face. I have combo skin that can get very oily as the day goes on. I tried the Sheer Matte with a beauty blender and I found that it is wayyyyy too time consuming for me in the am. It definitely keeps your skin matte all day but it is somewhat drying and difficult to work with. My skin is too dry in the am and too oily at night. If anything, I loved the little extra moisture the Sheer Glow gave me. Kept my oil glands from working overtime to compensate for morning dryness.

I LOVE SHEER GLOW. I have it in Ceylan and at first I thought it was a little yellow, but after it sets, it looks great. A little goes a very long way! I haven't tried to build the coverage. IMO I think that would ruin the intended finish. I bought Punjab for the Sheer Matte. The Sheer Glow foundations are slightly darker than the Sheer Matte's so you definitely have to be careful. It is best to try them out in a few different lights (store lighting vs. natural lighting). The Sheer Glow doesn't look or feel like I am wearing anything. Honestly, at the end of my work day (9am-6pm) I do see some shine, but that's just my oily skin building up throughout the day. I have somewhat better results shine-wise with the Sheer Matte, but not enough that I would stick with it every morning. Besides, at the end of the day, I can definitely do a blot or two and it works fine. The Sheer Glow stays in place. My routine in the am: moisturize well, apply Lorac aquaPRIME, apply Clinique Pore Minimizer Tzone Shine Control (my oily skin HG) and THEN the Sheer Glow. The aquaPRIME is a water-based primer. Since Sheer Glow is a water-based foundation, they work really well together. It probably seems like a lot of stuff to be putting on your skin in the morning but my skin gets really oily throughout the day, UNLESS I use these products. With this stuff, my skin doesn't start getting oily until about 3 or 4.

The packaging is HORRIFIC. I always dump too much out onto my hand. They definitely have a pump now but I didn't know that when I picked this up at Sephora and no one there offered me the option.

I absolutely HATE liquid foundation, I've never found one that I liked. But Sheer Glow has completely changed my everyday look and my morning makeup routine. I apply it with a kabuki brush and buff it into my skin. Super super easy, super blendable, super fast. The best part about it is it's ability to make your skin look fantastic in any light. I work in an office with big windows in LA, so sometimes I'm under those awful flourescent lights and sometimes I'm in a huge conference room with tons of bright, natural sunlight. This foundation doesn't discriminate with lighting, it looks flawless consistently. I still use my Cargo concealer (HG) with this for undereye circles and blemishes, because it is light-medium coverage foundation. Also, no breakouts so far and I've been using this for two weeks!

Never tried Sheer Glow at night. If I go out, it's usually to a club and I don't think this stuff would hold up very well with any sweat or too much moisture like that. It may, but I'm still getting over my liquid foundation phobia and I feel safer not using it. I still use my Clinique Pore Perfector primer (the darker shade) and my Bare Minerals Matte foundation for nights out.

Bottom line, dont let the "Glow" name turn you off, oily girls. It turned me off and I'm definitely sorry it took me so long to try it. I feel like it is the only liquid foundation I will ever need!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by babielylien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay let me just start by saying I live in Canada, that means at this foundation cost me 55 dollars at Sephora and I would still buy it again! I LOVE this foundation, I don't wear foundation often anymore mostly tinted moisturizers, but when i first tried this with a stippling brush Oh my god I was in love! it made my skin look flawless much but more natural than my lets say colour stay. It has a slight dewy look and it looks amazing it felt so light on my skin and literally after I put it on my mouth dropped. Love this stuff!oh and claims that it improves skin over time doesnt hurt haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The packaging does have a few well-known downsizes downsides. No pump, that's not really handy. A misleading name: it's not sheer nor particularly glowy, so I didn't really know what finish to expect. A runny formulation, so you need to apply with a brush. But don't let this turn you off!

First time I used it, I applied with a 190 foundation brush on top of my Korres silicone free primer. And it was just OK, nice but not exceptional. I was a bit disappointed.
Then I tried it again without putting a primer underneath, and applying quickly with my 182 kabuki brush (which is the fastest way ever to apply liquid foundation). I still wasn't amazed but by the time I had applied my concealer, I noticed the foundation had set and...Bham! Perfect, flawless skin. I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the mirror.
I added Mac Mineralize Skinfinsh powder on top and left the bathroom satisfied.

Satisfaction turned into happiness when I looked at my reflection again after 8 hours at the office, and my face was close to flawless - which never happens for me after so long.

I decided to be cautious because sometimes I have one or two lucky days with a new foundation and then it doesn't work so good anymore, maybe because my skin adjusts to it and find new ways to bother me.
Well, not this time! I've been wearing it again and again and it looks perfect. And it combines perfectly with my Mac MSF. I don't use any primer and still, not a square inch of my foundation has moved by the end of the day.

I would say the finish is satiny, certainly not matte nor glowy, but it makes my skin look very luminous and brightened. I got the shade Gobi and it is a very good match for me, (I'm NC15, neutral/warm) which is very nice - no hard blending down the neck work. The coverage is definitely medium and I can build it easily on my red areas to get a perfect coverage.
I think Nars Sheer Glow does compare with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, which I love, but with more coverage and more lasting power. I can already say I'm giving a Holy Grail status to this product!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great on evening out skin tone and texture. covers pores immaculately, which i found so surprising bc usually i have to wear primer! got in in ceylan, which matches my light skin great but will want to go a shade or 2 darker in the summer. I recommend not just testing it on your hand bc when i did i thought that ceylan was going to be way too dark but it ended up great. It doesn't dry out my dry skin either!

This is the first time I have used liquid makeup (I was a BE superfan for many years until recently I could tell the quality of the product had cheapened!) but I am extremely happy with it and the coverage. This with a little bit of Laura Mercier mineral powder and a hint of orgasm is the perfect winter skin look!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My color is Punjab and the product is okay. Lasting power is amazing, I didn't need to touch it up. The color matched my skin perfectly, too. The only downside is that after a couple of days of wearing it, my skin had a little break out of small bumps around my chin and cheeks. The formula felt moisturizing on my dry skin and melted right in. I did need to put two coats on, something I've never had to do, to get a medium coverage. I tried applying it with a kabuki brush, my fingers, and a sponge. Fingers work the best IMO. Because of that I won't be buying this again. For the price I can get Dior Skin Nude which is a far better foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this foundation so far. My shade is Siberia which is the lightest Nars offers and it matches my skintone so well. It's hard to find pale foundations that are completely neutral without a pink undertone, but this one looks great on me.

The consistency is quite thin and fluid-like. A lot of people are comparing it to MUFE HD but I find it even a bit thinner than that. I've tried several different brushes to apply it but I think it looks best when blended in with my fingers.

I would say it gives a medium coverage at most. It's enough to even out the skintone and cover redness but I wouldn't use this foundation if I were experiencing a breakout. If you have blemishes, you'll definitely need a concealer.

I love the finish this gives my skin. When the sun hits my face, I just look glowing... not dewy or shiny, just a natural glow that real skin exudes. I don't look powdery or overly matte either. It's just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by joxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this the best foundation ive used in a long time!!!easy to apply warming it up in your palm then applying with fingers.it light and creamy and gives you a beautiful glow.i am a oily skin and i love this.i use murad oil free matifer and murad age perfecting serum as my primer.....amazing results.i wish it had pump...a little goes along way.my skin looks flawless using this product.