August 27, 2014 | 1807 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by LornaDale

I love the feel of this product on the skin. It is so light I do not feel like I am wearing a foundation which I really love. I would say this has medium coverage because it does cover quite a bit but it is definitely not a full coverage product. It is quite expensive so I do feel the need to conserve this product as much as I can. Honestly, the packaging worries me because I have to tip a glass container that is oddly shaped to get this fairly runny product onto my finger tips. For the price of this product I do not see why the packaging needs to work against me. I will suffer through it because I love the foundation but I won't necessarily like it. I have oily skin but this does work for me in the wintertime when my skin feels more dry. i would not dream of using this in the summer. Perhaps, I will try out NARS Sheer Matte for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cocoblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i got a sample of this and i have to say it is amazing and i will definitely be buying it when it gets a pump (haha)!
my skin is good already and i dont like foundations which cake your skin or look too obvious (like mac moistureblend eurgh), this also worked really well on my dry(ish) skin and left it feeling so smooth and silky! it also looks good in photographs as it reflects the camera flash beautifully!
also its doesn't make your skin look greasy because its so lightweight!
i wear siberian and its the perfect colour for fair skinned people who aren't paper white! X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, first I have to say something to all of those who gave this product a bad rating because it doesn't offer enough coverage - HELLO!!!!! It's supposed to be SHEER! It's even called SHEER Glow foundation. So how does this happen that you buy a SHEER foundation, try it on, and then are SHOCKED because it's ... GASP ... SHEER!

Anyway, I liked this product. I was looking for a sheer foundation to wear for eveings out because my skin is pretty even and during the day I just wear powder.

This product gives a nice glow and even coverage.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a SHEER foundation and not a full coverage one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by athenaetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used diorglow and lancome for the past couple of years. Definitely LOVING Nars sheer glow compared to these foundations.

It's not a heavy coverage, and that's what I love about it. There's still a little of my natural skin showing through, so it doesn't look like a chalky/funky mask.

The packaging could be better. A pump would be nice...it's just an open bottle top, and the product could just pour out if you're not careful

Name suits it perfectly...as it does give a "sheer glow".
I will be using this foundation from now on (or until something even better comes my way..haha)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by yellowjello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the high reviews for this product! I have combination skin and thought I could get some decent coverage...boy was I wrong. The other reviewers were right, you can build coverage, but it just turns really cakey and nasty. I thought it might've been just me so I tested it again when my skin was perfectly clear, but had the same results. I tried using a foundation brush, sponge, AND stippling brush (not all at once). NOTHING LOOKS GOOD! I also don't like how there isn't a pump. I know it's easily remedied with a q-tip, but I don't like it. I'd give it zero stars if I could

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 More reviews by olliesbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample (of which I have used for about 2 weeks) of this from sephora after hearing all the great reviews. I was at my palest when I went to get matched and Ceylan is perfect! It looks so pasty and yellow but is truly an ideal match. I am IN LOVE with this foundations coverage. I like medium and this is what it is. I don't notice a glow but it's definately not matte. I would say more of a true natural finish. This stuff evens out my skin (redness, damage from tanning that is starting to make it's appearance and the occasional blemish of sorts) and doesn't cake (my husband is very picky about that and obvious looking foundation so he would tell me) It lasts all day and I don't set with powder (don't need to!) So glad I found a fantastic replacement for my Px Virtual Skin.
*EDIT* Finally made it back for a rematch and Santa Fe is THE perfect match for my skin! Loves it! Raising to a full 5 stars as this stuff is definitely deserving IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure I get all the great reviews for this product. I couldn't wait to try it with all the good reviews but was sorely disappointed. It is very sheer coverage and does not cover any bad areas. I guess it would be good if you had young even coverage skin but I found it settled into all my pores and did nothing for imperfections. "glow" or coverage what so ever. Way to expensive and bad packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by peachytea

This grew on me! At first I wasn't sure about the sticky feeling it left on my skin, but if I blend with my fingers, or set it with powder, I get a nice natural finish. I actually prefer the texture now because I can easily just dot it on my face, and blend with fingers without worrying about it looking streaky or patchy. It Glides on and blends easily, doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts. It evens out my skintone and looks completely natural. I don't have a lot of discoloration or blemishes to hide, so I'm happy with the medium-sheer coverage. I don't notice it clinging to any dry patches, or causing dryness, but I use moisturizer before foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt the need to review this because it is truly a wonderful new foundation. There are very few foundations in this world that I like. And I have tried many of them: Priced from $5-$65. Drugstore, department store: You name it. Moving right along: First if all, the packaging leaves much to be desired. The lid is weird (square, but can pop to reveal a round cap hidden underneath), and the bottle has no pump. It's runny, so you have to be careful with that bottle... I don't use very much of this foundation because I do not desire very much coverage. But wow, even the smallest amount does indeed make the skin GLOW! It really seems to float above the skin; giving it that "photo finish" look. It doesn't sink into my pore or cling onto my dry spots like most foundations do. There is a color match for me, which is awesome (was wearing Gobi until now, where the winter color match is Siberia). I apply a couple of dabs on my cheeks, chin, and nose, and blend. I have very dense fringe and don't wear makeup on my forehead. Should my bangs part or whatever may happen, the color match is so good that no one would be able to notice. If you want to make it more moisturizing, mix a bit with a cream. It will act more like a TM this way, but still make your skin look lovely and even. The finish is satin. Coverage is buildable. This is my current foundation (16 December 2009), and it's in my top 3 foundations so far. GA Luminous Silk and Clinique Superbalanced SPF 15 Powder (the one like Smashbox's Halo) are my other favs.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have officially fallen in love with this foundation. This glides on so beautifully and is so light and glowy. I was matched with Punjab, a light-medium yellow shade.

Pros:
- feels light
- applies smoothly
- glows
Cons:
- $42
- medium coverage
- NO PUMP! :(

But the pros definitely overwhelm the cons.