July 24, 2014 | 1873 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

Sadly veeeeerrry underwhelmed by this foundation! I bought a DDF moisturizer &it was expired &it had shea butter in it, so I opted to exchange it for this foundation b/c I so badly wanted to try it. The SA at Sephora matched me up with Deauville, which is described as a light balance of pink and yellow. I found it to be more on the yellow side. He tried 3 different colors and they all ended up being too yellow including Deauville, but I settled. He also suggested I apply it with my fingers for best results and that didn't bother me at all. The testers at Sephora had a pump and I was disappointed to see that my bottle did not. I used my usual moisturizer and primer, warmed it up on my fingertips, statrted on my cheeks and blended out. My skin is pretty dry this winter and I found it very difficult to blend. The first layer looked very splotchy and accentuated any dry spots. I applied a bit more to areas that needed it, but it still looked splotchy and now cakey because of the extra layer.

When I was done, I looked in the mirror and was not impressed. For $42 baby I better be thrilled. I immediately took it off and went back to my Revlon CS in Buff and the world made sense again:) I gave it 2 lippies because it wasn't the worst foundation I've tried and it seems to work well for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:45:00 AM More reviews by smarti11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never wear liquid foundation only because I can never find a colour to suit me (even prescriptives colour match which broke me out). I normally use Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation which I love.

Hearing about the hype for this foundation made me want to go and check it out. I was matched to Punjab and managed to wait & get it on ebay for a cheaper price.

Day 2 - Am loving this. The colour is def a winner for me (for winter) and love how this looks on my skin. I apply with mac 187 brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by vanitybarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I defintly agree with the previous review. This doenst not melt into the skin very well...it feels like it just sits on top of the skin like a mask. I will probably use the rest of the bottle bc it is not cheap and I don't want to waste it but I will proably mix it with a little of my chanel tinted moisturizer to get it to blend a little better and not look so cakey.

I've tried it with multiple brushes sponges and even my fingers just don't think it is great for very dry skin

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by OsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past two years, I've gone on a foundation buying spree after I decided to make the move back to liquid foundation. For reference, I've tried, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Chanel Teint Innocence Cream, Giorgio Armani LSF, Guerlain Parure Extreme, Laura Mercier, Korres Wild Rose, Dior Skin Nude.

Nars Sheer Glow isn't a bad foundation, but it isn't for everyone. I can see how some people will really like it. For me personally, I could not get it to work. I was color matched to Barcelona which is actually a pretty good match (Guerlain 04, LSF 7, Chanel 6.0 Wheat). I was concerned about it being too light, but it seemed to blend in really well. It felt nice and light going on and coverage I would say is about medium, but could be brought up to medium-full with a little work. The finish, while not dewy, was nicely satin. It lasted for at least 7 hours on me, although I set it with MUFE HD.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. When applied with my Sephora HD 55 brush, I couldn't get it to stop streaking, same with a flat foundation brush. When I applied with my MAC 187, I felt it looked too cakey. Overall, it didn't "melt" into my skin. Most important however, it really, really, emphasized dry areas on my cheeks. I exfoliate regularly, but I still have slightly dry to combination skin due to use of retinols. It very much aged my skin. Although I previously thought I couldn't give a hoot about packaging, I really noticed how much foundation I would waste with this due to it's lack of a pump. Finally, my skin is really clog prone and after using this foundation for about a week and a half, I felt that my skin had more clogs than before.

Glad it seems to work for some people, but if you have dry flaky skin, I would avoid this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by etherealbeauty

hands down my HG foundation. i'm an NC25 but in NARS Sheer Glow I am Santa Fe which is perfect for my skin because it blends right in. Sephora describes Santa Fe as medium with peachy undertones. there are many shades of foundation under medium which makes it better to find a precise match. when I put this on the first few times people thought that I had nothing on. its like skin, it feels like NOTHING which is so incredible because I hate that masky feeling. i would prep the face with an extremely hydrating moisturizer though as it may accentuate dry spots. dry patches arent good to begin with but i make sure my face is perfectly hydrated before putting this on.

Description:

glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage.

What it does:
This Sheer Glow Foundation enhances, without masking, your overall natural complexion The weightless formula hydrates the skin while complexion brightening properties improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture, leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow.

Research Results:
- 100% says skin feeling soft and smooth
- 96% says even out skintone
- 96% says they would purchase it if it were available on the market
- 96% says they would recommend it to a friend
- 92% says skin looks brighter and more radiant

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by purplkaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation. I had good experiences w/ the balanced and oil free from NARS in the past. Since winter was approaching and I ran out of my Chanel Pro Lumiere, I needed something less matte and drying than Mat Lumiere by Chanel which is a good summer foundation for me.

My skin is combo: shine on my forehead by the end of the day but very dry on my cheeks and around my mouth area. I didn't realize how dry until I tried sheer glow b/c after a day or two, the foundation really started to cling to those dry patchy spots. My forehead, on the other hand, was flawless and it held down the shine pretty much the whole day.

Overall, I liked the foundation's finish on the normal areas of my face. it's just not for someone w/ dry spots especially during the winter. I'd definitely consider it for a summer foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pixiekt03

After years of searching for my go-to foundation, I think I've finally found my HG!

This stuff is amazing. I'm extremely fair (and I mean EXTREMELY fair) and can never find a foundation that is light enough. I purchased this in Siberia, and it's the perfect shade for me It applies like a dream, provides great coverage, and feels like you're wearing nothing!

I will never switch to anything else, and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MariLaPaisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wonderful wonderful foundation. the best on the market right now. its either this or to a lesser extent, dior airflash foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by hetsy

I rushed out to buy this after reading reviews on MA. have combination skin and definitely would not recommend this for dry skin. coverage is great and i do not need concealer. Definitely brightens the face. I am a serious foundation junkie and I would rank thi sas one of the best foundations I have used. I do think i may have been a little heavy handed so will try mixing it with MAC face & body for a bit more of a lighter coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by babyfishnat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wished this lasted longer on my face, i know this is meant for drier skin types but, i liked the finish however it didn't last at all on my oilier skin, barely 2 hours and its gone. i will try sheer matte next. the packaging, as usual a pain.