BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2072 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

Been wearing this for about a year, Its great stays on all day and really brightens up your face.

I've used this for at least three years now, and though I've deviated I always end up coming back to Benetint. I'm Japanese with the typical skin and hair color, and I use this on my cheeks and lips. Once I put it on my cheeks, it doesn't come off until I wash it off. On my lips it lasts longer than anything else I've tried - usually three to four hours - which is a practically miraculous amount of time because I've got the terrible habit of lip biting and licking - even more amazingly, it doesn't stain my teeth. As for the smell I don't particularly love or hate it, but it wouldn't matter anyway because it dies down rather immediately. If you don't like the smell, please don't let it deter you from a great product.

Depending on how much you're used to shelling out for makeup and what you plan on using benetint for, the price will seem reasonable or a little expensive. At first I found it too high, but now I am a willing buyer - it looks natural but better, and I've tried to find something cheaper but nothing else can match its effect. The combination of the color with the liquid stain formula works perfectly on my lips and cheeks, so the 25 to 30 dollar price tag has become well worth it to me. Anyway if you're using this only on the cheeks, it will last you around a year - which isn't a bad deal. I use it on lips and cheeks, so each bottle lasts me around six months - which still isn't a bad deal.

Application is very important with Benetint. Benetint is beautiful blended out, but unblended, concentrated Benetint will look ridiculous on your face and this dries very quickly. I always do one cheek at a time, applying a few stripes and dots, then blend and spread immediately. As for lips, I always apply it directly with the brush, and then pat-blend it with my fingertips. That way you get the excess off so it looks totally natural, like your lips but better. I find that if I don't do this the color looks too vivid and hard-edged, like a prostitute's.

The packaging could be better. The glass bottle feels fragile and the writing always wears off within two months. I don't mind the writing coming off so much, but the plastic screw-top feels like it's never screwed on tight and I always have to triple-check the top to make sure it's not going to spill all over my makeup bag. But I've never had a leak, the glass has never shattered, and any spills I've had have been completely my own clumsy fault. I still wish they would change the packaging, since I don't like feeling that it's going to spill or break even though I know it won't. But for now, the value of the product is enough for me to get past the price and packaging hurdle. Anyway, it's always funny when someone asks the incredulous, "are you putting nail polish on your lips?" question. Are they serious?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an ok product for me. It is not bad, but nothing special at all.

I'm a big fan of a rosy glow. Most blush wears off mid-morning and I usually don't reapply while at work, so I'm stuck being pale the rest of the day. But this stuff lasts all day. I don't think the color is too red as long as you apply just a little. Actually, I usually wear a teeny bit on top of my foundation to make sure I have color all day, but then I'll layer a little powder blush on top. The bonus is that a little bit goes a long way - I've had the same bottle for the last year and it's just slightly under half full. The only thing I don't like is that it's a b*tch to blend, especially if you don't do it ASAP!

nothing special...

My complexion is medium (NC25)
Is a nice idea for lips, but it makes you look like you sucked a cherry lollypop all day.
As a blush it looks like you were in the sun too long.
I would recommend a cherry chapstick instead.

I bought this to use primarily as a lip stain as I was perfectly happy with my current blush. But no matter what I did, it turned my lips this odd shade of bubblegum-y pink. I then figured I might as well use it as a cheek stain and loved the natural look it gave me. I'm still looking for the perfect lip-stain however... :/

It works great when i use it w/o foundation but it dosent look so great with foundation. i also dont like putting it on because it makes my fingers pink

Benetint is awesome if you are going for the natural look. The color that it gives to lips and cheeks (at least on my pale skin and unpigmented lips) is completely natural. My lips look healthy and pretty w/o looking made-up. Perfect for the gym and outdoors.
The thing to know about benetint is that it will grab to dry skin in the same way that sunless tanner does and look hideous. Your cheeks and lips have to be prepared before you apply the stain.
For cheeks it works best if you apply 4-5 tiny dots on a well moisturized cheek (just to the apple of your cheek) and then blend with your finger tip. Do one cheek at a time. Voila, a healthy flush!
For lips it works best if your lips are clean (no balm!!!) and not the least bit chapped. I exfoliate my lips with a wet wash cloth, dry them and then apply the benetint. Blend it with your finger tips, let it dry and then do another coat. I let it dry well before putting on balm or gloss for the day.
I have noticed that some balms will lift the stain from your lips. I have found that aquaphor and neutrogena balm work well for a clear balm, dr pepper lip smackers works well for a little pop of color on top of the Bentint and l'oreal juicy tubes work well for a little extra color and gloss. None of those cause the stain to come off even after eating and drinking.
For me Bentint lasts on my cheeks all day and on lips I put it on at 7am and don't need to touch-up until about 5pm!!!
I don't mind the packaging. I leave the large bottle at home and have a pocketpal for my purse.

I got it today and I already love it! I solved the problem of it drying too quickly on my face by dabbing a tiny bit of moisturizer on first and it worked great. It looks fresh and rosy, and shows up very well even underneath my foundation. It gives me a really natural, healthy look. And I love it just as much as a lip stain. I used a q-tip to rub it on, and I can see how there could be a problem with it drying out your lips, but I'm a Burt's Bees lip balm addict anyway so my lips stayed nice and moist and had a great tint that looked completely natural on me the way lipstick never, ever does. I think it's great, I would absolutely buy it again, it's exactly what I've been looking for! And you know, the packaging isn't as bad as everyone says, but I will be cautious about closing it too tightly, keeping it upright, and not dropping it!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products