December 19, 2014 | 1703 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2015 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Curlykatie

I bought this one nigh at the Benefit counter at the mall. I had a habit of applying lipstick to my cheeks becuz I dont like the powdery look of blush when I already wear powder.This comes in a charming glass bottle and is a very thin liquid which smells just like rose water. In the bottle its a deep sexy red and its also dark when you take the nail polish style brush and dot it on your cheeks,,you must rub it in fast or it will leave you with patches , i like to apply it in small amount in 4 tiny dots and rub that in, then if i need more ill apply it. It seems to absorb into my suncreen and disappear lie every other blush and lipstick i put on my cheeks. I have very light olive skin. Overall this is a fun blush for me and it gives the sexiest, naughtiest glow. It is VERY expensive though, I paid 26.00 for mine in NYC. Oh and for the lips,, it takes alot to get it to give me any color becuz it just rubs off on my fingers and when it does color my lips its the color you get when youve just eaten an ice pop or a red candy that stained your mouth, not very appealing lol

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by kabukigirl

I can't understand why some of you find this doesn't last very long. It's a stain. It stains your skin. It takes like a couple washes with soup and water to get rid of it for me. =) it's a perfect natural pink/red and just deepens the colour of my lips a little as they are naturally quite red. as you only need a little bit, it lasts for ages. BUT there are much cheeper stains out there! Body shop makes one and also MEMEME (at superdrug) and it's only 5 quid. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by cynthialeeyin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The 1st n 2nd time i tried..i hated it! cuz it appeared so blotchy on me..then now i realised what i've done wrong! make sure ur face is very well moisturised b4 using!!! and dun apply too litte product on ur face or else it will dry very very quickly...apply a moderate amount~ i draw a X on the my cheek ( REMEMBER 1 cheek at a time!)..and blend it well as quick as u can! and the result? a very natural blush~ just like after excercise! and very very long lasting too! i've never tried a blush soooo long lasting b4~ definitely will purchase if i ever run out of it....
anyways..i'm an asian..quite fair with yellow undertones..so ppl with similar skin colour as mine...the blusher will definitely look gud on u!
gave this 5 lippies!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't dislike this product. If I were better at makeup application it just might work for me. However, I'm not and it didn't. The color is just great. Frightening in the bottle, but a healthy flushed pink on the skin. Think of post workout cheeks. Really pretty. But the liquid thing doesn't work all that well for me. It dried really quickly and that made it hard to apply evenly. It looked like some areas of my cheeks had a better time than other areas. (A little blotchy looking really.) And when I tried it on my lips - even worse. It adhered WAY too well to the outside of my lips and not at all to the inside. I looked sort of like the vampiric version of the "got milk" ad. Not the look I was going for. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to take this stuff off - so not only was it the look I got, it was the look I got for two days. I think this stuff would be fabulous if it were only a creamy formula that was easier to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this! just the right pink that makes me look naturally healthy. none of that cheap pink tint which can make you look like a clown. it stays put the whole day and i find that my cheeks' color deepen a bit when i wear this throughout the day (must be the blood vessels becoming more active), but it sure does a pretty job! the m.a. applied it on the apples of my cheeks using Xs, not the usual three dots, and application made the blush look more natural! takes some learning curve to apply though. stains your fingers too, so wash them immediately after application. i use my middle and ring finger together when applying so the middle finger can take off whatever excess blush you might put on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Aubergine10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! It makes for the most perfectly natural-looking blush on my very fair skin.

Powder, cream, and gel blushes tend to look too intense on me, even the lighter colors. This liquid, however, gives me that just-came-in-from-the-healthy-outdoors look I love, and once you rub it in, you can't feel it anymore!

I use it on clean skin before foundation. As other reviewers mentioned, there is a slight learning curve in the application process - it dries really fast, so you have to blend immediately. I put a few strokes over the apple of my cheek, and use my fingers to blend quickly. On the plus side, it's pretty much impossible to make a mistake - you'd have to pour on a *LOT* of the Benetint for it to look fake or too bright.

As a lip tint, it's divine - it makes lips look perfectly, healthily rosy under a clear gloss or balm.

Again, as others have mentioned, the packaging does leave something to be desired. The glass bottle has a tendency to shatter, and the applicator wand doesn't reach the bottom of the container (so you end up not being able to use the last of the Benetint). I'm also a little annoyed by how quickly the white lettering on the bottle chips off.

However, all in all, it's a great product - it leaves you with natural, healthy color that's weightless and sweetly rose-smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2006 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jennicole01

I used this in college on my cheeks and lips... and LOVED IT! Such a pretty, pretty color. The only drawback is the terrible packaging. I broke it early on, so it always leaked everywhere and I eventually had to throw it away when I moved. With a stain, I think the package should be sturdier.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ksu95

Great product, looks very natural on my skin and lips. I only apply a small amount otherwise my cheeks look way too red, I brush on a few strokes, rub it in with my fingers and the end result: a healthy natural-looking blush. I don't wear lipstick because I hate feeling that stuff on my lips, but since this product is just a dye , it absorbs into the skin and there is absolutely no residue. I use it on my lips sometimes in the evenings for extra color. I don't get the point of packaging this blush like a nailpolish, I would so prefer it to be a roll-on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sarathan

I had this bottle an entire year before I finally decided to try it on my cheeks...can you believe that?? I'd only been using it as a lip stain before that (which I love). So a few days I decided to dab a little on my cheeks just to see....OMG, I loved it!! It gives me the most natual rosey glow that lasts all day. It's subtle, you would never guess I'm wearing blush. It makes my cheeks look like I've been outside in 20-degree weather. I haven't had any problems getting it blend it like some of the other reviewers on here. I just make a little 'X' on the apple of my cheeks and blend it with my fingers... works perfectly! I will definiteley buy again when it runs out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

The idea is there, but it is not the most user friendly. It is too liquid-y. It should be in gel form and the brush should be more of a lip gloss-like fuzzy wand for better application. The liquid dried too quickly and I ended up with dots on my face instead of cheek color. When applied to lips, it bled ouside the lipline. I wanted this to work so much!