April 21, 2014 | 965 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(1986 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by henbritches

I love Benefit, have been receiving their catalogues since they were in black and white, and Benefit was my first product. My best friend in high school and I coveted this product, couldn't wait to buy it, and back when it was only $18, we thought it was expensive! But it definitely lasts you a long time, and I still love it as much now as I did back then. It gives you that perfect "I'm naturally flushed" look, lasts all day, and for lips, if you apply it right, looks fabulous too. Sometimes on the lips though, it does get kinda clumpy and stain only the inner part, but you have to make sure they are dry first. Also, applying moisturizer then the benetint on cheeks makes a huge difference, allows you to blend better. sometimes after i put this on, then a foundation, i put a bit more on top and it lasts much longer. I have had so many compliments on this, and because it contains no oils or powders, it doesn't clog pores. Would definitely recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2006 12:54:00 AM More reviews by emorris

I tried this from the Pocket Pal, and I really don't understand the rave reviews this gets in magazines. The packaging is ineffective, the product itself is a disaster waiting to happen (red ink, anyone?), it takes a LOT to be visible and then it fades quickly. Maybe if I went with red ink it would last longer. Hmmm...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2006 9:46:00 AM More reviews by mirandachow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have used this for years and it's always delivered. Gives a nice natural rosy blush colour to your cheeks that you can build on depending on the occasion (everyday through to big night out!). I've never had a problem with application (through winter when I'm paler, or in the summer when I go quite tanned) - I just put 2-3 light streaks across my cheekbones, blend and voila. Yes, it can stain your hands, but I always wash my hands after applying makeup to get rid of risidual concealer, etc off my hands. Don't really use it as lip colour - stains a little too pink but as a blush, you can't beat it. The beautiful rose scent is a bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had my bottle of Benetint for three years and still have lots left. I don't use it everyday (obviously), but I do use it often. I use it less as a blush (it doesn't work with my BM foundation), and mainly as a lip stain. I love using it as a base, topped with a shimmery gloss. The color lasts for hours, and all I need to do is re-apply my gloss to refresh. I'm fair skinned, and I think it looks great in winter when I'm more fair, but it really pops in the summer with a tan. I would definately purchase again, but it lasts so long it will be a while before I'll have to. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Nerdette80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought pocket pal,but it comes with benetint and lip gloss. i like how it gives me a nice natural rosy look...love it! and it lasts the whole day....
have to blend pretty fast...i tried to smear it instead of dab to get more colour on my cheek instead of on my fingers.
only grieve is that i've to use a streak or a cross to have the effect, can't achieve that with three dots...perhaps i'm quite tanned as well. so mine is running pretty fast...

it doesn't last as a lipstick...perhaps half hour?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LandofAhz

I've had my jar for 2 years now and it's nearly gone. Anything that lasts 2 years for $28 bucks is pretty spiffy in my book.

In terms of ease of use - yes, the first few times, you have to get over the novelty and weirdness of feeling as if you're applying fingernail polish as blush. But after you get the hang of it and find your own groove, like everything else, this is a cinch.

So it definitely holds its value for what it costs, my only qualm is that it's crap for lipstick. As a blush, it's long-lasting and gives you that rosy hue we covet. But as a lipstick, it's streaky, drying and all around funky.

Buy it for the blush factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by almendra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to LOVE this stuff. Magazines totally overhyped this product. HOWEVER, I think it looks gorgeous on my cheeks... BUT not on my lips. When applied on cheeks it blends to perfection and adds a hint of natural color. When applied to lips it looks like you have been eating a bright pink popsicle (not very becoming). I bought the pocket pal which was a total waste of $ since the concept didn't work for me. I hated using the duo on my lips. The gloss wand did not collect the gloss when I extracted it from the tube. I had to put the wand it about 5 times before any gloss was deposited from the tube and even then it did not collect enough to use for my entire mouth. REALLY! I would MAYBE invest in a full sized product of the benetint but not another pocket pal. Also, I thought about just using the gloss but I HATED the gloss alone too. The gloss was very tacky on my lips and did not go on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

I was given half of this from my sister. this product is great, since its watery, (not creamy) it does not cause break out. It smell so beautiful, and the color is so sheer, look very natural, perfect if you like to have that "im-not-wearing-makeup" natural rosy glow. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the "im-not-wearing-makeup" girl. But it is a fantastic product. My sister has hers for 6months before she passed it for me, the bottle is still in perfect condition. I suggest you take care of it if you want it to last. Dont expect it to last if you just throw it into your handbag.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2006 11:57:00 AM More reviews by shezthtgirl

I paid $28 for this and was initally pleased when I was told by the makeup consultant that it would last for at least a year and that it stayed on all day. Well, to begin I have combination oily-dry skin, prone to light-moderate breakouts. This is a cheek STAIN. Unless you blend with your fingers, it wont go on well and it stains your hands. It does not last long and only works well if applied over a light liquid foundation or no makeup at all. You cannot apply this over a thicker foundation or powdered skin. It comes in a glass bottle with an applicator EXACTLY like you would see for nail polish. The plastic cap is flimsy and broke off of the bottle about a month after purchase. This product also does not stay on and you cant reapply when you are at work/school (wherever) unless you want to walk around with pink fingers. BOTTOM LINE: Don't buy this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 12:53:00 AM More reviews by redfuzzycow

This stuff is the easiest makeup to work with. Ever. I've got very pale, normal skin, and this blends in like a dream.