BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2029 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 11/14/2006 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very fidly, difficult to apply liquid blush. It's very red for my liking and once placed on the skin it takes almost too quickly making it hard to spread. On the plus side it smells divine-wish it was a perfume!

on 11/13/2006 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was really excited when I managed to get hold of this in a swap as i've been wanting to try this for ages. However, I must say it really doesn't live up to my expectations. It does leave a pretty rosy flush on my cheeks but i've a few other blushers that do the same for me! I guess i'm just not very good at handling liquid blushers, would stick to powder blushers any time! Besides, it's just too expensive and difficult to get hold of, although i guess 1 bottle should be able to last anybody ages!

on 11/7/2006 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is pretty good. It's not great. Mainly, the packaging is absolutely rock-bottom horrible. The brush is too small. It drips. You have to re-dip to get enough while it quickly dries on your skin and stains your fingers. I actually dropped and BROKE mine and I haven't bothered to repurchase it. The color is nice, but there are plenty of other stains in similar colors that have MUCH better application . Trust me Ladies-the formula of gels/stains is pretty much the same these days, so application is paramount if not THE most important part of the product. Shame on BeneFit for letting their cute kitsch get in the way of practicality for this otherwise good product! I recommend Tarte or Vincent Longo highly over this.

on 11/4/2006 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! I've found my HG blush! I followed the advice of some other ladies and did a circle of moonbeam with a small X of benetint in the center of it on my cheekbones (one cheek at a time of course) Wow! This gave such a nice, natural, long lasting flush. I finish it off by dabbing a tad of high beam on top of my cheekbones and my face comes alive! my husband even said i looked more away and rested (hello, if a man notices it has to be good!)

on 11/4/2006 11:12:00 AM

Oh, the love-hate relationship I have with this product! I could sit there and smell it all day long (smells just like my grandmother used to--comforting memories). I love the IDEA behind it. I love the texture of the product. But I HATE the packaging--I'm always dripping it off the brush, staining myself. And even more than that, I HATE the color it turns on me, especially on my lips: orange! Honestly, it makes me look like a messy little girl who gobbled up spaghetti and didn't wipe the sauce off her lips fast enough (you know that orange-ish sort of look tomato-based foods can leave around your mouth). Such a pity--in the bottle, Benetint is so pretty! I've tried everything in the world to counteract the orange effect, but to no avail. On my cheeks, it's more of a red color, but just as unattractive on me. I'm very much a "pink person," and to not get a rosy glow. . . just makes me so sad. :-(

on 10/31/2006 10:33:00 PM

I bought this stuff because the SA made it look great on my cheeks and lips. He even showed me how to apply it.
But once I started to use it at home it was just too much work, plus I didn't like how it stains your fingers to rub it in.
I wish they would make this more like tarte which is a gel on a stick.
If you can apply it right and you have the patience itll look great.
But if you don't like to spend alot of time on your makeup like me its not the greatest product to get.
Also if you use it on your lips unless they are really smooth it sinks into the grooves so not a great look there either. Would probably look great as a thicker lip gloss though not a watery stain.

on 10/31/2006 11:47:00 AM

This stuff needs to be a gel, I agree. All I end up with is cherry koolaid color spots on my cheeks and a rather unnatural color on my lips. For me it needs to be more of a cool color. It might look like it in the bottle but it didn't work that way for me after I applied it.

on 10/29/2006 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I can't work this stuff on my cheeks; it's too difficult for a spaz like me to get it on evenly. I use it on my lips as a pretty stain. Too inconvenient for me. Maybe if it was a gel, it'd be easier.

on 10/28/2006 4:35:00 PM

Love this! I have been wanting it forever and finally received it in a swap. This is so natural looking and stays all day, my HG blush now! I will definitely repurchase when I need to, and I use this every day. Only dislike is the pink finger syndrome...

on 10/26/2006 9:20:00 PM

Ahhh....Benetint! We love it, we hate it...but at the end of the day, there just isn't anything else like it! Benetint it the most perfect natural but so so much better and bolder color going! Completely wearable and stunning on lips under just about any gloss it is one of my very very few HG, desert island picks! I was actually turned on to this product in college by a Theatrical MakeUp professor who used it on lips of the males to give definition and color without a truly "lipstick-y" look. On cheeks, try drawing a circle with either High Beam or Moon Beam on each cheek. Then, make an "X" in Benetint inside the circle (do one cheek at a time...we don't want this to dry this way:) and then blend in a circular motion. The HB or MB makes the Benetint creamy enough that it blends and gives a nice natural sheen while the Benetint adds a nice, natural flush since it is a little diluted. Here's the lowdown on Benetint..

PRICE-Not crazy expensive but not cheap, however, it lasts soooooo long it brings the Cost Per Wear to pennies, if that. I am just about out and I've had the bottle for almost 3 years (scary, I know) with every day use on lips and 3to 4x weekly on cheeks.

PACKAGING-Cute and typical of Benefit. Not so sure that I love the glass bottle as far as safety and portability but the newish Pocket Pal pretty much solves that problem. As far as the "nail polish" type applicator, I actually like it. Great for lips and cheeks as long as you use it properly.

SCENT-A little funky...but not overwhelming and for as perfect as this product is, I can handle it.

COLOR-Gorgeous and versatile. You can make of it what you want. Do it under a light dusting of Bronzer for a believable tan (real tans always have just a touch of pink). Wear it with clear gloss for a cherry lip. Do it with lip balm for low maintenance. Try a taupey gloss or a nude (Like MAC Fashion Spread) for an almost mauvey toned down lip. Just play with it...its one of the absolute most versatile products to have in your arsenal.

Popular Blush Products