MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 5/26/2009 5:55:00 PM

So I decided to splurge and get this after reading the great reviews on here. And I really like it! The consistency is really great. I haven't had experience with gel eyeliners before, but if all of them are as good as this, i might just stick with them. I use an angled brush (not MAC) as many of you on here, and find it works really nicely. I make sure to close it tightly after each use, bc im scared it'll get dry. And I dont need too much to get results, however, if you want it darker, you will need to use a bit more.
Overall, very good product! I'll update after more usage.

on 5/26/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am in love with fluidline eye-liner gel in Blacktrack! My first MAC eyeliner. I wanted to buy that new pencil liner but they told me to try this first and god bless them. I love it! I apply it with an angled brush so i can give a cute wing to the end and it does look great. Then I just a smudge it a little with some black or dark grey eyeshadow to look smokey and there you go. It will stay all day!!!

on 5/26/2009 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

MAC Blacktrack Fluidline is such a beautiful liner that creates perfectly defined eyes. I use this with their 208 angled brush and the results always come out flawlessly. The very first day I wore this, I got complemented on how great my eyeliner looked; that's a first for me! You only need a small amount on the brush for each eye, meaning this will last me ages. This is my favourite eyeliner for tightlining and it works wonderfully with my 208 brush. I never knew how much of a difference tightlining made your eyes look; it makes them pop in an incredible, yet subtle way; providing fully defined eyes and leaving them looking fabulous. (Tightlining just means lining right along the upper lashes, so there's no gaps in between your lashes, making them appear thicker). I love the consistency; it's thick and creamy and just glides along your skin, creating the perfect line of jet black inky goodness. It lasts all day without a hint of smudging or wear and remains looking flawless and fresh even through heavy rain. Before this, I was using Revlon Colourstay and it made my eyes all itchy and irritated. But this is gentle and non irritating and I absolutely love the way it makes eyes look beautiful and perfectly defined.

on 5/24/2009 4:13:00 PM

This is my HG eyeliner, I'm East Indian so of course black eyeliner is a must for me. It's really easy to apply (I use the 266 but people have had excellent results using cheaper brushes like small watercolour brushes from art supply shops) and stays all day. It does get a bit dry but I just lightly tap my brush in water and then apply and it works beautifully.

on 5/23/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMG , i loveeeeeee this eyeliner ! i think it's my HG eyeliner ! it's so awesome, it doesn't smudge, it's pretty easy to apply and it stays on for hours and hours !! <3

on 5/23/2009 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Pro's:
+Stays put the whole day with minimal fading
+Very dark, especially when applied with a damp brush
+Stands up through water; I can go swimming and it's still mostly there
+Easy to apply and easy to remove with makeup remover
+Lasts a very long time (good value! 1 pot has lasted me nearly a year with daily use)

Con's:
-It will smudge and dissapear if you rub your eyes.. but that's a bit of a given, and will happen with almost any liner

All in all this is the best eyeliner I've ever used! I don't think I'll ever use another brand for my cat-eye look. I use it daily with no irritation and I even sleep with it on; still no irritation. I would highly reccomend this and will keep purchasing it as my HG of eyeliners.

I hope you found my review useful. :)

-Alice (Reaper)

continued >>

on 5/23/2009 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this. I use it primarily for tightlining with an angled brush and it works brilliantly. Needs a minute to dry, but once it has it doesn't budge all day. Very easy to work with, great texture. As a liner on the upper lash line it did smudge a bit, but think that was partly because of the shape of my eyes! If you smudge over it with some e/s it looks great. I'm not the most experienced gel e/l user but this is great once you get the hang of it. A good brush is essential. A staple in my collection.

on 5/22/2009 6:45:00 PM

I've heard lots of people rave about this. It's not my HG gel liner though but its not terrible. It creases way too easily even when I use UDPP or Shadow Insurance.

on 5/22/2009 6:29:00 PM

Its hard to get used to applying your eyeliner on with an angled brush and going from an easy pencil liner to a cream based product, but I love the effect it gives when making that wing for your eyes. Definitely worth relearning makeup application methods just to get that precise look.

The only thing that takes getting used to is clean up after each use. I'm not always in the mood to wash my brush afterwards, and I can't stand the idea of leaving it like that till the next time I need it.

on 5/22/2009 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One bad experience turned me to this product, I love it no turning back and does it stay on or what. I love all of the colours!