MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 5/23/2009 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this. I use it primarily for tightlining with an angled brush and it works brilliantly. Needs a minute to dry, but once it has it doesn't budge all day. Very easy to work with, great texture. As a liner on the upper lash line it did smudge a bit, but think that was partly because of the shape of my eyes! If you smudge over it with some e/s it looks great. I'm not the most experienced gel e/l user but this is great once you get the hang of it. A good brush is essential. A staple in my collection.

on 5/22/2009 6:45:00 PM

I've heard lots of people rave about this. It's not my HG gel liner though but its not terrible. It creases way too easily even when I use UDPP or Shadow Insurance.

on 5/22/2009 6:29:00 PM

Its hard to get used to applying your eyeliner on with an angled brush and going from an easy pencil liner to a cream based product, but I love the effect it gives when making that wing for your eyes. Definitely worth relearning makeup application methods just to get that precise look.

The only thing that takes getting used to is clean up after each use. I'm not always in the mood to wash my brush afterwards, and I can't stand the idea of leaving it like that till the next time I need it.

on 5/22/2009 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One bad experience turned me to this product, I love it no turning back and does it stay on or what. I love all of the colours!

on 5/21/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this liner because not only is it very dark and easy to work with, it also lasts. I have oily eyelids and this liner doesn't smudge at the end of the day like other liners. The only problem that I have had with this liner is that I tend to have teary eyes so it does make the fluidline come off a lil bit, but I would still say that this is my favorite liner everr. Love love loveeee it~ Infact, I just ran out of it so I have to go get more asap.

on 5/20/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This liner puts all other fluidlines to shame!!
Before I bought this I was using Loreal hip "truth"..and the color was creamy for a couple of days, then it got hard and difficult to manage. For a couple bucks more you can get blacktrack which is 1000000000% better. It doesnt crease, its smooth and creamy, I love the packaging, it's a true black(you get that bold black sexy line on your eye after lining it with blacktrack)

Thank God I found this.
This is a must have for EVERY woman

on 5/19/2009 3:26:00 AM

It's only decent. The consistency is rather thick, so drawing it on gets a little tricky. Also, I had to apply about 2-3 layers to get the desired intensity. Other than that, it lasted all day (9am till 11pm) without any visible flaking etc.

on 5/14/2009 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily lids and that weird Asian thing where any liner I put on transfers to my lids, except for this liner! It is spring time in the south and I am sweaty. But the fluidline is perfect with no smudging. I am shocked. This stuff has been in for 7 hours now. Oh, the little brush is a no go for me, but use the flat one,212. It looks like I know how to put on liquid liner. HG!

on 5/13/2009 12:48:00 PM

I wanted this product to be more bold and black! On me, it kind of shows up a dull black...I use my Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush to apply this. I don't know if the brush is the problem, but I doubt it. Before I totally discredit "blacktrack", I will try it with MAC's 209 brush to see if there is a difference...I will let you guys know!

UPDATE: I used my 231 brush with this instead of the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush, and now I adore this eyeliner!! The brush you use makes a big difference in the application of this product...get a good brush and try this!! You'll love it!

on 5/12/2009 4:02:00 AM

O
M
G

i am in LOVE.

I have switched eyeliners about 4000000 times trying to find the perfect one and i had just tried YSL which gave major racoon eyes and was going to MAC to go buy another technakohl pencil when I decided to just go for it and try this since i'd seen it mentioned so many times on this website.

i put it on at 9pm, it is not 4am and IT HAS NOT BUDGED. i didn'thave to do that wipe under my eyes ONCE. it goes on soooo smoothly and easily (i used a lise watier angled brush). i didn't put it as into my waterline as usual cuz i just didn't need too, i did under and it looked amazing. i feel like this pot is gonna last realllllyy long so i thought $20 was really cheap considering i finish the technakohl pencils in MAX 3 weeks.

i have only used it once so i will add if i find different results in the future but really i am shocked, amazed and just .. in love with how great this product is.

and absolutely FURIOUS that i have gone so long with dealing with raccoon eyes and wasting money on crappy products!!