Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 11/6/2009 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i agree. it's hard to work with, compared with other liquids. you have to use a serum or primer underneath, and most people would prefer the finish if applied with a moistened latex sponge. it's also not the easiest to remove and can cause breakouts. but wheat is absolutely the perfect shade for me, and it wears really well, even on the most humid of days in honolulu. besides what i've already mentioned, my strategy for working with this is to pour out a little bit on the bit of skin between my thumb and forefinger on the side of my hand and smooth it on with a dampened sonia kashuk's purple sponge. with a light dusting of laura mercier's loose powder on top, i feel as if my skin has the perfect medium-full coverage finish. it can be made more sheer by adding a bit of moisturizer. great for those days at work when i have to be in an executive meeting, or those nights out on the town, or at weekend weddings.

on 11/2/2009 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have switched many foundations and often have been let down horribly, but was introduced to estee laudr double wear through a friend at first I was sceptical but nevertheless tried it anyway, i started off with double wear light and was disappointed by it as it didnt provide coverage at all. Then i switched to double wear and I was immediately hooked i try many fouindations and always end up coming back to this one i use this in the colour henna and it is absolutely amazing i apply a primer underneath but after a while had no need to. This truly is an amazing foundation and not only that when i go out at night it makes me look very glamorous...i apply true match super blendable power on top of it just to make it stay in place and it looks amazing, i have very liney eyes and this product came out tops, I would recommend this to anyone. Also living in Cape Town the weather tends to change alot and i find this make up lasts through it all. I don't need any extra's once i have this on and also it now is not a mission for me to apply make up. The selling price is R345,00 but i find it's worth it, because one bottle lasts really long for me and I would rather pay more for quality that lasts long as apposed to something cheap that doesn't even cover properly, and for my skintone this works absolutely amazing...I love estee luader double wear (~^,)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure if I would call this HG - but it definitely is my favorite so far. I have tried a TON of different foundations over the past year and a half, and Estee Lauder is just about exactly what I am looking for. My only gripes are that it doesn't have a pump and it doesn't last all day. I can put this on at around 9am and around 5pm it still looks fairly good, but after that it starts to wear off. It makes it through my shift, though - so that's all that really matters to me as a waitress.

I really love the coverage that this foundation provides, and it doesn't break me out. I use the d-w light in the summer, and the regular d-w in the winter. The shade selection is pretty good. I get super pale in the winter - I don't tan - and Ecru is the perfect shade.

on 11/1/2009 10:15:00 AM

Not sure actually I would purchase this product. I am still looking for my HG foundation. I tried this on at Saks EL counter - I have oily skin that can break out (MAC face & body made me break out) and large pores. The MUA applied the Idealist product which made my pores disappear, but that's silicone filling in your pores, right? Then she put on moisturizer which made me wonder why since it was a humid day and I don't have dry skin. Then she applied the regular formula DW, which was fine with me since my skin isn't clear of marks. She used Ivory Beige (I'm MAC NC35) and it was an ok match. It went on nice but I didn't look to see how it went on. I looked when she was done and I had great coverage, my pores were almost invisible and my skin felt dewy.
I walked out without purchasing because I wanted to see how it worked on me. Anyway, out in the natural light, I did feel as if I had a mask on. It's not a natural look but instead highly polished which I'm not fond of unless the occasion calls for it. Yes, it doesn't move and even though some comes off on tissue when I blot, it's not removed. So the formula is good, but I prefer something more natural looking.

Hmmm. I bought this because i need something with more coverage than my usual mufe hd. Im nc 20. I bought Bone, which is a tad light but since its winter I think it will be an okay color. This foundation smells and feels like PX virtual matte (i despise the smell of that). It doesnt smell like sunscreen, it smells like plastic chemicals. So, right of the bat I was disappointed because of that. However, applied correctly, this foundation doesnt transfer at all. I have oily skin, and all transfer resistant foundations that i have tried all fail. Except this one! It is a tad drying/matte, so I use a light moisturizer, my shiseido 55, then apply this foundation. Using too much can make it chalky. One thick layer is good, i barely have to use concealor after....i can go all day without worrying what my makeup looks like! Such a relief! update:my skin became a little dry, and i cant even get this mu to spread nicely, even on top of moistrurized skin...just too chalky most of the time....

on 10/31/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product lasts all day on my face when I wear it. I have found it to be transfer-resistant, smudge-resistant, and even water-resistant. It has a slight smell to it, because it has a sunblock in it. However, the slight sunblock smell is clearly overided by how well this foundation performs.

Also, I wish that the colors for the foundation consisted of more true skintone shades. However, the foundation is still a good buy nonetheless.

on 10/30/2009 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using some samples of this foundation for 3 weeks (I ran around Stockholm looking for Estée Lauder counters and got samples) and so far it is truly the best foundation I've ever tried. It looks really natural and you get medium coverage, but can be sheered downed if wanted. The staying power is really great, for the first time my make up looks the same on me when I go to school as I get home in the afternoon.
However I will not purchase this since it's quite expensive in Sweden (almost 60$) and I still want some more coverage, So I will probably get the RCMA foundation soon.

Still it is an exceptional foundation!

on 10/29/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Full coverage. Gets cakey when applied too much. Slid off my face in 2 hours and my face was left shiney.

on 10/27/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin with red under tones and this product has great coverage that doesnt enhance your dry skin. I feel that it gives me a hollywood glow and I always get compliments on my makeup when I have this product on with Bare Minerals over the top. The only thing is, this makeup is not photo friendly. If you take a picture with this makeup, your face will be white as a ghost in every picture. I actually went out and bought a darker color after seeing myself in a photo and this didn't correct the problem. I had some friends that I took pictures of and some of them had white faces too and they had on double wear as well. Everybody I know loves this makeup, we just wish they could fix the photo issue.

on 10/26/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been searching for a better foundation for months but double wear wins everytime because it can satisfy my special needs. First of all i have an oily face so though i love mineral makeup, after a few hours batches of foundation begin flooding over oil sea on my face. But double wear is great. It never floods instead it stays put on my face and oil comes on its top. So i can blot without loosing shape and double wear stays on my face unless i took it off. It stays on my face even at saloon after an hour of aerobic. Coverage is also great and a must have for me because i have a reddish sensitive skin. But to take it off you need an oil cleanser like preCleanse which is great either.