July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by chali26re

I hit the jackpot w/ this one.
I ran out of my Lancome and needed a quick supplement, so I grabbed this in Sand @ Walgreens. OH. MY. GOD. Is this stuff for real? It's amazing! SOOooo luxe, super-long wearing, and unbelievably skin perfecting. I really can't believe it's so inexpensive. Seriously. Not sure how Maybelline pulled this one off. It's mind-boggling.
Bye bye Lancome! (I can't believe I'm saying that!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by chicgirliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one AMAZING pressed powder, definitely my HG! I found the perfect color match with 'Sand'. This gives my face a beautifully matte, smooth finish. My skin is very oily and acne-prone, so keeping me shine-free all day is quite a feat, and this powder achieves this wonderfully. I do not have to touch-up at all throughout the day. I apply this with a large powder brush, I am not a fan of the traditional puffs included in any powder compact. Some reviewers have dissed the packaging, but I think it is quite ingenious. Give this a try, Maybelline does not disappoint with this perfect powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by tlw

This is a great ds compact. I just brougt in my Origins compact and put it next to Maybelines colors and found my perfect match. The price is great. I paid under $8.00 at Target. This compact works well with my large pores too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I bought this powder today after reading all the great reviews, and I like it! I dont think it's a HG powder, but its probably the best at a drugstore I've tried. I found the perfect shade for me, which is rare being Asian with yellow undertones yet still tan.. so great color selection, and went on smoothly! A much better color match than many other brands I have tried, and equal or better texture than the last powder from Origins that i bought, and half the price! I would buy it again. The only thing was I thought it smelled a little funny. But I can deal with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not your ordinary drugstore pressed powder. I love this so much I would repurchase it at any price. I only need a little bit, and it controls shine all day (12 hours) without having to reapply. It also leaves my skin looking smooth and my pores smaller without being cakey. The compact comes with a mirror, and I love that the mirror and the puff are inside the bottom of the compact, which swivels open. I hate putting a dirty, used puff on top of my pressed powder, and this eliminates that problem. In brief: Good color selection, outstanding at shine control and making skin look smooth and flawless. I paid $9.99 for this at Walgreen's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

I have used this powder for about a year now and I wonder why I never got around to reviewing it. I love it. It's cheap, comes in a large selection of colors and the coverage is amazing. It's very smooth and makes you look flawless. I was surprised at the quality like a lot of people seem to be. I've just about run out of this powder, even through heavy use it's lasted a lot longer than my loreal powder. Even if you reapply this stuff, you have to WORK at it to look cakey. No wonder they call it "Dream Matte".

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAAAZZZZINGGG!!!!!! Seriously, I'm in shock that Maybelline made such a high performance powder. Ladies, if you want your skin to look poreless and satiny soft, this is the powder for you! I use it over my MF Pan-Stick foundation and the finish is FLAWLESS. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in shock as I write this! Dream Matte caught me completely off guard here! I am the type of person who is willing to spend any amount of money to find that perfect powder. I've spent as much $150.00 on a powder because I've been that determined and that desperate. I am super pale, super oily and need real time coverage without looking cakey (tall order in the cosmetics industry). Usually if you get the coverage you want, you also get the cakiness that comes with it or the shade is not pale enough or it oxidizes or something. I have tried everything from drugstore brands to mainstream department store brands to elusive hard to find lines and back again. Chanel, Lancome, Clinique, Lauder, La Prairie, La Mer, Cover FX, Prescriptives, Mac, Shiseido, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, T.LeClerc, Kanebo, Cle De Peau and the list goes on and on trust me. I've tried most drugstore powders too, but for some reason this one got by me and I had never tried it until today. The reviews have been through the roof for this powder here and everywhere so I picked one up for less than $6.00 in Fair Light 01 which is their palest shade and perfect for my porcelain skin (even though it looks like it could be a tad too dark in the pan).

I can't get over this powder which covers like nothing I have ever seen in my life and goes on like the finest powder you could ever hope to find at ANY price. It looks like pure, finely milled silk and stays that way (and I am as oily as they come)! I have a lot of red in my skin that I try to camouflage as much as I can without looking too golden and this is the perfect shade. It gets rid of the red and yet it looks totally natural. This is so highly pigmented that it actually covers acne and discoloration better than any powder foundation I have ever tried (and this is just a setting powder)! It looks totally natural and doesn't even remotely cake on top of my favorite liquid foundation. I wore this over Estee Lauder's Double Wear Liquid Foundation in ICI Shell and it not only didn't make me look cakey, but it softened my foundation and set it beautifully! OMG where did this stuff come! If you have any ruddiness or acne or anything, this stuff acts like a silk blanket and makes your skin look airbrushed! Best of all it helps to control oil very well (I still have to blot with it about every two to three hours because I am super oily, but even then it does not cake and makes my make up look so fresh and renewed)! I don't know whether to laugh or cry really.

I have spent hundreds upon hundreds in my quest to find that perfect powder and here it was all this time under my nose at less than $6.00! If this is a dream please don't wake me (by the way this stuff looks awesome on it's own without any foundation too)! The only downside here is the design. I get the feeling that Maybelline thought we would love this two part design where the mirror swivels out from beneath the compact with the puff in the secondary compartment, but I found it to be the one thing I dislike about this amazing powder. It would be much easier if I could just open up the compact and take the puff out and touch up, but it requires me to take an extra step and it's a bit of a hassle (one I can live with for this incredible finely milled jewel of a powder and also I use a better puff anyway that doesn't even fit in the compartment)! continued >>

71 out of 76 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Good powder for oily skins, especially in summer. I use color medium 1. I tried Medium 2-2.5 and my face turned orange by the end of the day. Really awful packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw the rave reviews on this and decided to buy some after I'd been looking for a powder for a while.

Gotta say it's a brilliant powder, does what it says on the tin (although I wish the tin was prettier). I think the colour selection is lovely and I found a brilliant one to match my skin tone although I couldn't tell you what it was (one of the lightest).

It's good to know that even the d/s stuff is good sometimes - a lot of the time I dont' find this to be the case.

I would definitely buy this again but I would really like to find a high end version, it's not that i'm a snob, it's just that I like my mu to look pretty if it's making me look pretty.