July 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ixmocane

This gives me thick lashes without clumping, but I do have to be careful not to overdo it. It has a nice smell, smells like roses to me. I think the colors are great; I have the purple and burgundy. It's a little expensive for mascara, but I love the quality!
(I took off one lipstick because of the price.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Olliefreddiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils - luxurious mascara for a false lash effect. GPB17. "ABFAB" mascara! I think I've tried most of them over the years: Dior, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, Kanebo (now that was a strange one), Clinique, etc, etc. This one is my absolute favourite. Doesn't clump and lengthens beautifully. Care must be taken not to overdo .. otherwise you may be asked why you're wearing spiders on your eyelids!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2003 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kyttikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is everything I want a mascara to be. First off, exterior: nice weighty feel, cold metal packaging, luxe gold finish. On the lashes, the mascara is not clumpy and makes them thick, long, and BLACK - just not in an overly artificial way. Doesn't smudge, either! My new HG. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 6:40:00 AM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with Jodie. This is an amazing mascara, but not if you want a natural look. If you want natural, go to Shu. If you want dramatic eyes, this is the one. Doesn't flake or smudge. Overall great! You can control the drama with the two-sided wand...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 8:20:00 PM More reviews by futurederm

Luv this mascara. One coat makes my lashes really long & two coats makes them look false. Also good for sensitive skin because I have had previous reactions to mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2003 12:07:00 AM More reviews by pajjie

If you already have long lashes, this mascara is as close as fake lashes can get. I personally like the smell, and this never gets gunky. I noticed that Lancome mascaras have this heavy cream texture, but YSL is more thin and glossy - it *wraps* around your lashes nicely, not coat it like some Lancome mascaras do. I love this mascara, and I'm on my 4th tube ever since I started last summer. Dior Maximeyes is pretty good too if you like your lashes to look thick rather than long. Not as good as YSL, and not as dry and thick as Lancome - kind of in between. It's my second choice down from YSL. I cannot live without the YSL mascara. Seriously :X

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by spice_dreamz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow!! can't live without this,such a good mascara makes my short lashez look long! never used any thing better than this before.which was recom. by my friend who swears by this.Price is pretty steep but guess it's worth it,def. buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2003 7:45:00 PM More reviews by moonpie

This is the most incredible mascara that I have ever used. It appears to plump up, curl up, lengthen and everything else. All my girlfriends are wearing it now. Pricy yes, worth it, yes. It even has the faintest smell of peaches. Just remember to clean your brush once a week like they say or it will get somewhat clumpy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 4:16:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i tried this on while roving around nordie's before a flight. the tube is huge and thick, which makes the wand unwieldy. the brush is also huge and the mascara is goopy. the experience left me with not a smidgen of false lashes but lots of clump and smear. pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2003 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sugarkane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was very disappointed with this supposedly high end mascara. i don't understand why it has a cult following. it doesn't hold a candle to lancomes mascaras. this ysl mascara made my lashes look short, stumpy and clumpy in some areas. i give this mascara two lippies because the only worse mascara i have tried is maybelline's great lash.