Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 8/12/2003 3:10:00 PM

This is my evening/winter/ dramatic mascara. I have tried most of the colours. (the auberginey one is my favourite) It's a faff having to wipe the brush but the results are well worth it. My lashes look like the print ads! It smudged NYE after hours of dancing but not otherwise. LOVE IT!

on 8/8/2003 3:46:00 PM

I have long but very straight lashes that need to be curled and this mascara holds the curl all day. I purchased it when it first came out and I am a loyal user. A couple of times I have switched mascaras and always end up coming back for this. The only thing that even comes close is dior show mascara. This is superb, makes my lashes look thick and long. The black one is perfect for evening, it seriously gives you that faux lash look. The burgundy one is great for day it does not look burgundy it looks great with my brown eyes. The case is nice and sleek, the clicking sound it makes when you close it gives you peace of mind. The only thing is that you have to wipe down the wand once in a while so that it does not clump as it is a very thick mascara. The scent does not necessarily bother me but I don't see why a mascara needs a scent. The thing about this mascara you either love it or hate it. I love it!

on 8/4/2003 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love at first use! I've has this in waterproof and washable and love both. Gotta luv the smell, yummy peaches! Dramatic, dark, long, think, and pretty! Worth the $$$$.

on 8/4/2003 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing it perform the best out of the brands tested in the lenghtening-mascara challenge on "Glow." It worked well on me: My lashes looked longer and they held the curl very well. With other brands (e.g. Lancome's Definicils), I had to curl my lashes, apply one coat, crimp my lashes again and then apply another coat. But with this YSL, I didn't have to curl my lashes twice -- which is great because I know that's it's a no-no to crimp lashes *after* applying mascara. The only thing that I didn't like about this mascara was the smell. It had a strong chemical/cosmetic scent that smelled vaguely of rubber or tires.

on 8/3/2003 9:59:00 PM

I love this mascara. It is a tie between this and my Lancome Definicils which I still love. It doesn't clump or make my eyelashes stick together and no raccoon eyes at the end of the day. One coat is sufficient for me I also love the golden classy gold tube packaging which closes with a little click. I purchased this in black. I had no irritation and it is easy to rinse off with my holy grail eye makeup remover, Ciba Vision eye cleaner. Faux Cils is a bit pricey, but worth the money for the ease of application and the look I get. I have tried so many mascaras and they never live up to my expections and I always go back to Definicils. This one is right up there with it.

on 7/22/2003 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After all the rave reviews I tried this mascara and this is what I found on my short straight asian lashes:
Pros - It smells good, defines the lash, with extreme precision and curling you can get a great look.
Cons- You need to use extreme care because it easily clumps and one coat just makes for a natural look whereas 2 and you get clumpy. If you are like me and don't have time to spend all day recurling and coating and combing your lashes out, this isn't for you. It was a good mascara but I am going out to try other brands.

on 7/6/2003 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

OK it's expensive, but every time I've tried to replace it with something cheaper that has had good reviews, it didn't work. Nothing comes close to the results that you get from this mascara. I've got in burgundy which is an excellent colour for brown eyes, does not make your eyes look flat like brown does and is not as harsh as black can be. You do need to unload the wand of too much product about once a week. This is the best mascara around.

on 6/26/2003 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I am continually in search of a mascara that fits all my criteria: volumizing & lengthening, easy application with superb staying power--no flaking, no smudging, no clumping, & no itchy eyes all for a decent price. This seems to be a huge order until this mascara. It seems to fit all the categories except, and you knew there had to be an exception, for the price. $22.50 for a mascara that I'll throw away in 3 months--ouch! But have been using this for about a month and have really fallen for it. I don't like the scent--why is it even there--and the wand gets gunked up--but my lashes are full and thick w/o a lot of effort. And I have easily thrown away 20 bucks on useless drugstore mascaras lately so the price doesn't seem so high now. I have found that you cannot wipe the wand of excess mascara;it is better to scrape the wand on the edge of the tube b/c if you use a tissue to wipe the wand you'll have fibers stuck to the wand, which are then impossible to remove. Also don't use this near any kind of fan or dryer or your lashes will become a lumpy mess!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hate mascara... Can't stand the feeling of it, and hate how it clumps. BUT!!!!!!!! this is the only mascara in the world that I will use. I swear it doesn't clump or flake, it just gives you beautiful, lusher lashes. Fabulous!

on 6/11/2003 12:26:00 PM

This mascara is the only mascara I will use. I started using it when it first debuted and haven't looked back since! I used to use Lancome Intensils, but his mascara is superior. It makes my lashes long, thick, and HUGE!

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products