Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . “3YY07-1“ . ]

on 8/3/2003 9:59:00 PM

I love this mascara. It is a tie between this and my Lancome Definicils which I still love. It doesn't clump or make my eyelashes stick together and no raccoon eyes at the end of the day. One coat is sufficient for me I also love the golden classy gold tube packaging which closes with a little click. I purchased this in black. I had no irritation and it is easy to rinse off with my holy grail eye makeup remover, Ciba Vision eye cleaner. Faux Cils is a bit pricey, but worth the money for the ease of application and the look I get. I have tried so many mascaras and they never live up to my expections and I always go back to Definicils. This one is right up there with it.

on 7/22/2003 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After all the rave reviews I tried this mascara and this is what I found on my short straight asian lashes:
Pros - It smells good, defines the lash, with extreme precision and curling you can get a great look.
Cons- You need to use extreme care because it easily clumps and one coat just makes for a natural look whereas 2 and you get clumpy. If you are like me and don't have time to spend all day recurling and coating and combing your lashes out, this isn't for you. It was a good mascara but I am going out to try other brands.

on 7/6/2003 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

OK it's expensive, but every time I've tried to replace it with something cheaper that has had good reviews, it didn't work. Nothing comes close to the results that you get from this mascara. I've got in burgundy which is an excellent colour for brown eyes, does not make your eyes look flat like brown does and is not as harsh as black can be. You do need to unload the wand of too much product about once a week. This is the best mascara around.

on 6/26/2003 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I am continually in search of a mascara that fits all my criteria: volumizing & lengthening, easy application with superb staying power--no flaking, no smudging, no clumping, & no itchy eyes all for a decent price. This seems to be a huge order until this mascara. It seems to fit all the categories except, and you knew there had to be an exception, for the price. $22.50 for a mascara that I'll throw away in 3 months--ouch! But have been using this for about a month and have really fallen for it. I don't like the scent--why is it even there--and the wand gets gunked up--but my lashes are full and thick w/o a lot of effort. And I have easily thrown away 20 bucks on useless drugstore mascaras lately so the price doesn't seem so high now. I have found that you cannot wipe the wand of excess mascara;it is better to scrape the wand on the edge of the tube b/c if you use a tissue to wipe the wand you'll have fibers stuck to the wand, which are then impossible to remove. Also don't use this near any kind of fan or dryer or your lashes will become a lumpy mess!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hate mascara... Can't stand the feeling of it, and hate how it clumps. BUT!!!!!!!! this is the only mascara in the world that I will use. I swear it doesn't clump or flake, it just gives you beautiful, lusher lashes. Fabulous!

on 6/11/2003 12:26:00 PM

This mascara is the only mascara I will use. I started using it when it first debuted and haven't looked back since! I used to use Lancome Intensils, but his mascara is superior. It makes my lashes long, thick, and HUGE!

on 6/2/2003 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After reading all of the great reviews, I just had to have this. I finally got it a couple of days ago, and so far, it's lived up to it's fame. My lashes are oh so happy. The packaging is very luxurious. Oh, and it clicks when you close it!!! Not a big deal to some, but as one reviewer said, it's just satisfying to hear and feel it. Now to the mascara: the brush is perfect. It does sometimes pick up more mascara than may be needed, so you may have to slightly wipe the wand first. But w/ one coat, you'll have longer, thicker lashes. No having to dip two, three, or even four times...just once will do (for both eyes!!!). All you really need is one coat (two coats maximum for extreme glamour). If you don't wipe off the excess on the brush first though, you might get a few clumps, but they're easily brushed away. Yeah I thought it was kind of silly to put fragrance in a mascara, but it's a welcome change after using icky smelling drugstore brands. It is kind of strong, but a pleasant scent, very intoxicating and addictive. And it doesn't irritate my eyes. So is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!! My wallet still hurts, but I look fabulous ;) I'm just gonna make it last as long as possible, which shouldn't be too hard considering I only really need one coat per eye!

Ps. I got this in #1 Black, which is a true, rich, lush black. Can't wait to try the other colors!
Pss. The more I use this mascara, the more I love it! It gives me PERFECT lashes, long, thick, dark, luscious, and clump-free! I'm always staring at myself when I wear this, LOL...

UPDATE: After a month or so, this mascara clumps some, so wash the brush when it starts doing that. I was trying to make this $23 mascara last as long as possible, but 3 months was the absolute maximum :( continued >>

on 5/29/2003 3:14:00 PM

This mascara is, without doubt, superior to every other brand I've tried. The top of the tube neatly removes excess product, leaving the perfect amount to quickly and easily finish both eyes without reloading. Its superb texture— neither too wet nor too dry— allows for unparalleled length and thickness, without clumping, smearing or stuck-together lashes. Just a few swipes provide incredible length and drama; a few more and it really lives up to its false eyelash name. Pricey but absolutely worth it.

on 5/28/2003 7:37:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara and it is my HG at the moment! I have this in a burgandy shade which enhances my brown eye color. It glides on like silk (really!) and coats your lashes in one stroke giving you long luscious thicker lashes! The downsides are that it does dry quickly so it can clump with more than one coat (although you will only need one anyway) and the brush can get clumpy so you need to clean wand occasionally. I still love it though!

on 5/23/2003 3:38:00 AM

yes, it thickens, lengthen, add volume...yet it weighted down my curl... if it can hold my curl, it will be my HG mascara...too bad... just like meeting someone who is Mr right but just one one tiny yet important problem ..