November 24, 2014 | 982 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

This product was great at first, then after a few weeks it gets really clumpy, and there is no going back. Real shame because it used to work so good when I first bought it! Not worth it unless yo are willing to splurge out on a new one every few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2003 4:24:00 AM More reviews by offthewall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best! I love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2003 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Tatta

I like it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2003 4:47:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is mascara is very true to it's name; it really does extend the most sparse and minimal of lashes into dramatically elongated ones. Like many other reviewers, I did have a problem with the clumping the first few times I used it- but this is easily prevented by wiping the excess at the neck of the tube, before I remove the wand. One coat is plenty for daytime, and two or three lends an incredible false lash-effect for evenings. Keep a lashcomb on hand in case of possible clumping, though.

The black is a true, luscious deep black. I also love the burgundy-violet shade, which gives a subtle kick to brown and green eyes. The packaging is lovely, and the wand is well-designed for quick, efficient but deft application. All in all, one of the better mascaras available. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2003 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tahitia

i too am a big fan of this mascara. it gives you the longest, thickest, lashes imaginable. it does tend to dry out in the tube after awhile though, that's my only real complaint. it's a little pricey, but you're paying for quality and less application... this mascara is great for a real "eye popping" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ixmocane

This gives me thick lashes without clumping, but I do have to be careful not to overdo it. It has a nice smell, smells like roses to me. I think the colors are great; I have the purple and burgundy. It's a little expensive for mascara, but I love the quality!
(I took off one lipstick because of the price.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Olliefreddiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils - luxurious mascara for a false lash effect. GPB17. "ABFAB" mascara! I think I've tried most of them over the years: Dior, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, Kanebo (now that was a strange one), Clinique, etc, etc. This one is my absolute favourite. Doesn't clump and lengthens beautifully. Care must be taken not to overdo .. otherwise you may be asked why you're wearing spiders on your eyelids!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2003 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kyttikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is everything I want a mascara to be. First off, exterior: nice weighty feel, cold metal packaging, luxe gold finish. On the lashes, the mascara is not clumpy and makes them thick, long, and BLACK - just not in an overly artificial way. Doesn't smudge, either! My new HG. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 6:40:00 AM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with Jodie. This is an amazing mascara, but not if you want a natural look. If you want natural, go to Shu. If you want dramatic eyes, this is the one. Doesn't flake or smudge. Overall great! You can control the drama with the two-sided wand...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 8:20:00 PM More reviews by futurederm

Luv this mascara. One coat makes my lashes really long & two coats makes them look false. Also good for sensitive skin because I have had previous reactions to mascara.