September 20, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by glow16

Best makeup remover i've ever used and it's really cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a really nice drugstore eye makeup remover. I usually have a problem with drugstore eye makeup removers being too oily and leaving that greasy feeling behind (which is a problem for me since I wear contacts) but this one didn't do that. Very gentle on my eyes. No stinging and no residue. Comparable to more expensive brands but much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

this is works well, esp tough on waterproof mascaras. just soak a cotton ball and let sit on eyes for 10 seconds and gentyl wipe away mascara. this got my lashes squeaky clean without tugging and rubbing. it does leave a light greasy feeling, BUT a wet tissue will wipe it away asap. i like this better than physicians formula and loreal. scentless and alot qty for the price. ill buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Felt like it had a residual on my face, didn't remove all of my NON waterproof eye make up (altho it claims it will even remove waterproof mascara) but it kinda made my skin felt alittle bit smoother (maybe it's juss the residual???) Wouldn't buy it again tho...didn't do what it promised

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 11:49:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really works well. Very gentle and gets my eyemakeup off with a few swipes of the cotton ball. Cheap too - $5 at CVS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2004 12:23:00 AM More reviews by zelda155

Love this new makeup remover. So much better than almay's oil free, b/c for some reason almay's stung when I applied it. This took all of my eye makeup off with no tugging involved and no pain. For $5, I believe it is worth buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Mollster

This product is great! Effortlessly removed my waterproof mascara with no tugging or pulling. Left a bit of a residue, but nothing too bad. Will definitely be using this from now on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2004 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Hell, this is just as good as MK's version, but better than Almay's which stings slightly. I found this to be gentle as promised and not too oily in its residue. The price is much better than Lancome's version and MK's; works beautifully, will keep on purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2004 3:51:00 AM More reviews by onatural

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've reviewed this product about 2 years ago when it was pretty new on the market and I had to repost my opinion again (who honestly has time to read ALL of the reviews posted here, there's just too many). I like this stuff and for people who are still deciding whether or not to purchase, I'd read on.
*Bottom line: Doesn't work as well as Lancome Bifacil but works well enough for everyday use, takes off eye shadow and mascara...but be sure to rinse off residue.
*What is this stuff? Neutrogena oil free is a "dual phase" eye make up remover. By that they mean that there's an aqueous phase (one that is water-based) and a non-aqueous phase (one that is more oil-based, yes I know it says oil free but when you use it...doesn't really feel like that). You have to quickly shake the bottle before each use to bring the two phases together, otherwise it doesn't work as well. Many EM removers on the market (Almay, Loreal and Lancome) have dual phased products.
*How do you use it? After shaking the bottle, I apply some to a cottonball and gently swipe my eyes. I use one cottonball per eye. This stuff will leave a greasy residue afterwards so I quickly rinse off my eyes by taking another cottonball, soaking it in warm water, and passing over my eye once more. This also removes any excess eye makeup.
*How does it compare to Lancome's Bifacl and others? Out of all of the drugstore brand EM removers, you can't get better than this but Lancome's Bifacil is probably the best EM remover on the market. It's more gentle and effective, HOWEVER it is considerably more expensive. So, if you are willing to fork out about 3Xs as much for your EM remover, then I would go with Bifacil because it does work better.
*Does this stuff work on waterproof mascara? Yes, but I feel that some people who have lost lashes or had a hard time removing their make-up with this product was due to the fact they used waterproof mascara and I must say, some really hard-core waterproof mascaras are hard to remove no mater what. The solution to this is to get something that isn't so hard-core so that you don't loose lashes during removal. I'd go with CG lash exact or volume exact (semi-water proof but doesn't run)..my current HG that turned me back on to mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by martawoj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a new
product from Neutrogena. It is a bi-phase product, similar to Lancome's Bi-Facil, but for a much lower price. This MU remover performs very well, and removes an eyeliner and water proof mascara too without stinging. Although it claims not to leave a greasy residue behind, there was some kind of film that was left afterwards on my eyelids. However, since I was going to wash my face it wasn't a big deal for me. I paid $4.99 + tax at Target for this which is a big difference when compared with $20 for Lancome's Bi-facil (for the same amount). I will surely buy it again.