August 22, 2014 | 1114 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has to be the worst thing I have put on my face. It made me look chalky, cakey, and it stank like paint. Maybe it is because I get dry sensitive skin, but it showed every line up on my face, made me look and feel chalky (even when the SA did it), it was patchy and did just not blend into the neck at all so it was beyond obvious that you were wearing a foundation. When I took it off it burnt like hell and I could put nothing else on my face for 2 days because it stung so bad and was very delicate afterwards, and I got little spots all down the side of my face which is unusual because I rarely get spots. I mean for the price I was beyond disappointed, so I sent it back. The only up side was that it did have a full coverage, though when your face looks like an old blackboard it is little consolation!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

I loved this foundation. The only thing that bothered me was the coverage, way to much. But it is a wonderful foundation if u like all that coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by amandarae01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok. Honestly I am not 100% sure of this foundations packaging. I got a sample from my Estee Lauder counter and have been wearing it for 2 days. I have oily skin and this was very recommended here at MUA. The color works great and I don't seem to have problems with too much oil from it or anything like that. My problem has to do with my setting powder. Like an hour after applying my makeup I have these dots (lighter than my face) all over my chin. It was weird. I noticed it a bit yesterday and today at the mall my mom mentioned it. I was like yeah, I noticed it yesterday. Then I got in my car and looked in the mirror and I CANNOT believe I was walking around like that! Ha, ha. I had to smooth it out and I noticed it was beginning to do it again shortly later. Point: I will not be wasting my money on this foundation...which is kind of a bummer because of all the good things I heard.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not at all impressed with the foundation. This was definitely potential HG material, but it did not live up to it's name.

Pros:
- A decent amount of coverage and did stay on for a reasonable amount of time (no doubt due to my Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder.)
- Can be sheered out with a wet sponge or mixed with moisturiser to obtain different amounts of coverage.

Cons:
- Colour range. I expected 1C1 Shell to be the right colour for me and when the SA tried it on me in the shop I thought it wasn't half bad. Later, when I went out into natural light my face looked flourescent orange! Horrible colour selection for PPP's. Nevertheless, having said this. I did happen to notice what a nice colour range this goes up to, so DDD's, this might just be for you!
- Texture. This was very thick and heavy, leaving my skin feeling like a mask. By the end of the day I had to cleanse twice just to feel clean. So therefore this was not at all natural looking, it was obvious I was wearing foundation.
- Broke me out. I have very sensitive, rosacea prone skin and this did not do me any favours.

Overall, not worth the £££ price tag for me. But if you aren't a PPP and don't have blemish-prone skin, then this might be for you. I recommend getting a sample as foundations are very YYMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by tonyawyatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation!! I was on the hunt for a full coverage foundation that looked natural, didn't feel tight or dry, didn't make me oily, wore all day.... you know, a miracle in a bottle!! This foundation fits the bill almost pefectly. The shade is a great match for my NC25 skin with lots of red undertones (3C1, pebble). When she put this on one side of my face and the DW Light on the other side - after about 2 hours the side with the DW Light had settled into my pores and started looking weird. But the regular DW still looked great.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by madhyphy

I wanted to like this because of all the reviews but I couldn't find a good match for me:( oh and it's also a little hard to blend.Not good for dry skin either!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I can't even begin to name how many foundations I have tried. I have really oily, acne-prone skin and I have found "okay" foundations that work for me but still makes me an oily mess within 2 hours. Well problem solved with this foundation! I can wear this for at least 5 hours before my face starts to get shiny but even when it gets shiny, it just makes this foundation look dewy on my face which is nice! I can't even describe how happy I am to have found this! I use the colour Linen (I'm NC20-25, asian w/yellow undertones for reference). People with oily skin NEED to go out and try this now!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by thankGodformakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I chose Estee Lauder as the first high-end brand to try. I've used a couple of drugstore foundations before but never got satisfying results so I figured investing in a really expensive yet good foundation would be worth it.

Let me start off with the shade selection. It does have a fairly wide array of shades to choose from and Shell Beige is the perfect one for me but what I hate about it is how even the "warm"-toned shades such as Tawny or Shell Beige still have a slight pink undertone to it. And you can see that in certain lighting. Not very good for my asian skintone.

Application seems just fine for me, I apply it over their Smooth Matting Base primer with my Ecotools foundation brush and it goes on my skin wonderfully. What I love about this foundation is that it really gives a lot of coverage, perfect for my acne scarring. But I still have to be careful as it can look cakey, so a little does go a long long way. Good thing about that is that it shows it'll last you a really long time. My friends who use it long before I did say one bottle lasts them at least a year.

Staying power I'm skeptical, claims to last over 14 hours but sometimes I feel like it last for 6-8 hours at most. Almost weightless in the first wear but by the end of day starts to feel really heavy and thick on the skin and it just makes me want to run home and wash it off. I have really oily skin so that could be a factor why it doesn't seem to last as long and stay matte.

Doesn't change color no matter how long I've had it on so that's good. Always had that problem with much cheaper foundations. Overall, pretty OK product but did not reach the expectations I've had after all the raves here.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I'm rather disappointed with this foundation. I was expecting it to be HG material due to all the rave reviews. I'm an NC37-NC40 and got the shade Tawny/3W1. The colour selection, whilst wide, pretty much sucks. They're all either too pink toned or too beige for my yellow undertoned skin. I settled with Tawny because when I swatched it at the store it looked a bit yellow and I'd seen picture swatches online which looked like it'd match me. It must have been the lighting in the store, because in reality, this is very beige and slightly pink toned. Doesn't look very good on me. It's wearable, but...my face looks lighter than my neck.

Packaging-wise, I like it. It's a cute glass bottle which I think looks very sophisticated. There is no pump, but that's okay with me. The texture of the liquid when poured out the bottle is somewhat runny, but not too liquidy. You *must* apply this on moisturized skin, because if you don't, it will show flakes on your skin that you never knew even existed. I have normal-combo skin and if I didn't moisturize well beforehand, my face looked like the Sahara desert. I find that it applies ok, not too hard to blend. It does dry very quickly though, so work fast.

The thing I'm most upset about is the look this gives my skin. It looks like a mask. You can tell I'm wearing makeup. It doesn't look natural at all. Yes, this is supposed to be medium-full coverage, but really...does that justify the mask-like-look? However, I do agree with the coverage claim, it does cover quite a lot. I'm usually a sheer/light/medium coverage girl so it was a bit of a change for me, and I didn't like it. It's too heavy. If I apply a teeny weeney bit, it looks a bit better, but still...you can tell I'm wearing foundation. And not in a good way.

Lasting power is very good - this stuff sticks to my face like glue. I went to the gym for a cardio/boxing class wearing this to test if it would last...and it did. Yes, some sweat had broken through, but I wasn't excessively oily and the foundation hadn't come off. Whilst part of me thinks "yayyy!" that my foundation stayed on throughout a 2 hour high intensity class in a hot room, another part of me feels a bit....iffy. Imagine how much this stuff must suffocate your skin if it doesn't even budge one bit!!!

Needless to say, the claims for this being long lasting are true. I do experience some breakouts if I wear this more than once or twice a week, which isn't so good as my skin doesn't break out much usually. The price is very high (just under £25 for 30ml) and not something I feel all to happy paying!

Overall I'm not really a fan of this foundation and I will not use it anymore - it's going in the trash. Too heavy/cakey, breaks me out, crap colour match....it's just not for me. However, the added SPF and long lasting power are good, hence the 2 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict02

Im a NC37 and I got this foundation in TAWNY. I have combination skin and this has just worked great so far. I am currently applying it with my Sonia Kashuk blending sponge (damp) and it applies beautiful and makes my skin look flawless. I seal it with MAC's MSF in MEDIUM PLUS and it just looks great. Stays almost all day and I havent had to touch through out the day as with my other foundations used. It stays matte and I dont get that oily feeling on my face. I also purchased the Estee Lauder shadow base and let me say I really like the staying power on this stuff. Highly recommend to try this. Another color that fit good on my skin tone was DESERT BEIGE i got a free sample with my purchase and it looked great as well.