December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I have to echo what everyone else has said - this foundation is only for very dry-skinned people! I have combination skin, and I was an oil slick in just a few hours, even after setting it with my trusty dream matte powder. It's unfortunate, because they have a pretty good color range (I found a near perfect match in 115) and right after applying, the foundation looks amazing - not matte, but not too dewy - and it gives a natrual, light-to-medium coverage, which I prefer. The glass packaging looks classy and modern, but there's no pump. It's somewhat pricey for a drugstore foundation (~$12) as well. Overall, just not a very versatile product. It might only work for those with truly dry skin, but even then, I'm not so sure. Only buy/try this if the store has a good return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by honey12

This was my first foundation. It broke me out after 2 days of use and make my skin get red and small bumps. Also, it does not cover well at all and has a bad smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Marie314

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time i applied this foundation I was excited because it looked amazing. It left my skin with a light dewy finish. After about a half hour of wearing it around my house i looked in a mirror and it had completely worn away. The staying power is horrible. Definitely not a long wearing foundation. It also has no coverage whatsoever. I wouldn't suggest this foundation to anyone. It was a waist of seven bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by roscoemydog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love to tan & bought this in 315 shade. the color match is perfect. my skin is acne prone & this doesn't make it worse. had that problem with cover girl & revlon foundations. my mom uses the fit me in a different color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Angela2023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start with what I like about this foundation. The color match is perfect, I love colorstay but could never find my perfect match. I have very clear skin so I really don't need heavy coverage just something to kind of even out my skin tone and this does the job perfectly.

Now what I don't like. I think this is a scam to make us buy the entire product line. It never sets! I don't have oily skin by any stretch of the imagination, but as soon as I put this on my skin feels tacky until I set it with powder (which is so convenient because of their # system). If i don't set it this stuff slides off my face in an hour. And it is soooo sheer that it does nothing to cover my dark circles which means I must use a good concealer to look half alive.

So for the price I guess its ok, not amazingly, but it gets the job done with a little help.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by llmdrll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely a dry skin foundation. I tried to make it bearable for myself, but it always left me looking extremely oily after the day was done. I handed it off to my sister, who has dry skin, and she seems to like it. The coverage is good to even your skin tone, but not hiding blemishes or deep hyper pigmentation. The formula is really thin and runny. Not the worst because of the variety of shades. The lightest actually matched my skin tone enough that I wouldn't have to blend it down my neck, like I have to with most foundations. Still, the staying power and coverage isn't ideal for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by amwong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's start off by clarifying things - this is a SHEER foundation that leaves a DEWY finish. It is not suitable for oily skins. It is not suitable for people who want more coverage.

I wear Mac NC20-30 (depending on the season) and I purchased the Fit 210. It matches fine but you really have to put several layers on just to even see anything. Therefore, for those who just want a little bit of color to even out their skin tone, you might want to try this.

I put this on at 8 am this morning and it is now 2:30 pm. I have an oily T zone with normal cheeks and already blotted once today. After literally just returning from the bathroom, I can tell you that this made my forehead and nose look like an oil slick :(

The pour-out style is not my favorite but that is just a minor gripe. Otherwise, the packaging is quite nice and streamlined. It was about Cdn $9 with a relatively large range of shades but given my skin type I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shocked that Maybelline has come out with something so excellent. Someone on one of the boards rec'd this to me because I love MUFE F&B so for $8 on sale I thought I'd give it a whirl. Slightly more coverage than F&B, and you can definitely feel the oil in this, although it's not overly creamy. I would compare this more close to Chanel Vitalumiere than MUFE F&B, or maybe somewhere right in between, with Vitalumiere being a little creamier.

On a hot day I found this a little too slippery on my normal skin. I plan to save this and use it in the winter when my skin is a little dryer.

The quality and consistency and wear are top notch for a normal/combo/slightly dry skin. I am appropriately impressed.

Update: it is now winter-ish, my skin is feeling a little dryer and this is the perfect "fit". Hyuk hyuk. My skin looked amaze yesterday, all day. However, I do have to powder several times a day for the deweyness.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

****UPDATE***** (1/10/12)
Rediscovered my love for this stuff!! lol I realized this matches my skin to a tee after i wore my colorstay which left my skin dull and weird-looking. I don't mind the dewy look this gives so I will probably repurchase again :) and my pimples were just BC pill withdrawal (?). Anywho, honeymoon stage has recommenced . <3

***update***

Had this for a while now, and im realizing how chalky my chin area looks in this. Also, im thinking this is breaking me out but then again, it could just be my monthly cycle. Down to a 3/5 :(

Where to begin... It's not great but it wasn't a nightmare either As far as color matching goes it was difficult but then again, i was tan back then. I had bought this in 3-something and at the time it was a little dark so i went back and got 230. It went on a little to chalky for me so i experimented with fingers vs sponge and both were too meehh. then i tried mixing it w/ my aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer and applying with a powder brush and.. wow. airbrushed!! Set with a powder (L'Oreal's tru match-im W6) this lasts me all day but leaves me with a glowing/dewy look. I do find it gets a bit oily but not to the extent that it drips off my face but rather fades gradually.Cheap-ish. elegant packaging, decent product: 4/5

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG is MUFE Face and Body so when I saw the consistency of this I had to try it. I have eczema (dry skin) but an oily nose and chin. I feel badly for the people that this didn't work out for but this worked really well for me. When I can't dish out $ for MUFE F&B it's good to know I have this to rely on. I didn't find it oily on my oily spots like some on here have found. I love that it is builable and sheer, similar to MUFE F&B. It is more watery than my HG which is probably why it will never over take my fav. I like the gel consistency of MUFE. I haven't found that this oxidizes but it has worried me b/c of what I've read. I'm using 315 but b/c people have said that it's more pink toned I wonder if I'm wearing the wrong shade since I'm yellow undertone. In any instance I haven't or no one else has noticed. When I tried 310 it didn't match as perfectly as 315 seemed to. From reading all the reviews this really seems more suited to us w/ dry skin.

A note about the packaging: I travelled w/ this one day and that was a big mistake. It leaked all over in my purse. Although the packaging is gorgeous I also do wish it had a pump.