Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily, acne prone skin. Lately, it's been mostly under control. I liked the fact that this makeup was supposed to let my skin breathe and all that jazz. I bought shade 230 and it was a perfect match. I liked that it blended really well and was very light and natural looking while still giving decent coverage. It made my skin nice and dewy and even gave me a glow. HOWEVER, that "glow" turned into an oil slick not even 30 minutes after I put it on! I've always had this oily skin so I didn't attribute it to the foundation. I would just blot and apply powder (to no avail). I used this stuff for about 8 months total because I liked the way it felt and didn't make me break out...I'm all for anything that doesn't make me break out. I live in FL and with the summer heat in full swing, I couldn't take it anymore. I read a bunch of reviews on here about different foundations and realized that the oil slick was from this makeup. I went and bought Colorstay yesterday and what do you know...today, 3 hours after applying that, I'm still matte, no easy feat, trust me :) If you have normal or dry skin, this stuff may be great for you. It definitely is natural looking and light. But if you have any oil issues at all, steer clear! Don't make the same mistake I did and go around with a wet looking face for 8 months!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in the colour 230 Natural Buff... I have a medium skin ton and do use a false tanner/body bronzer. The colour is a fraction too light for my skin tone. Natural buff is pretty much right in the middle of the colour scheme, and I was a little scared to go any darker. Next time I may step up to 245 Medium Beige.

My initial reaction to the foundation was it has super cute packaging, but does not have a pump. This causes alot of product to be wasted, and it can get quite messy. It also means alot of product goes to waste (you will never get it all out of the bottle.)

When I opened the foundation up and tipped some out, I noticed the consistency is quite thin. It does have SPF 18, and I did notice it had an odour similar to sunscreen. I'd never had that smell from a foundation before.

I applied it to my skin, and it does apply quite thinly. I decided to allow one coat to dry and apply a second coat (all with my fingers). This gave me a decent medium coverage, but I did go over problem areas with a concealor. The foundation has a light to medium coverage, good for summer time and every day wear, not so good for special events or if you're a person with acne, acne scarring etc.

After I let it dry, I did notice ALOT of shine on my face. I always use a powder over my foundation anyway... but it seems most of Maybelline's foundations leave that horrible oily shine. I used Nude by Nature mineral foundation lightly over the top.

After I'd gone through that whole process, my foundation looked awesome. I do love the colour, although it is too light. It seems they got the colours spot on.

After a few hours, the foundation did lose alot of its "wow" factor. It looked great at the start, but kinda "blah" after only a couple of hours. I also had to touch up with powder my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin (and I do not have oily skin!), because they looked so oily and shiny.

I got this foundation for 15 dollars (where I live that's dirt cheap for foundation.) Overall, it looks awesome when first applied, but disappointed me after only a few hours. It's light coverage, feels really lightweight on the skin which is nice, and I do feel it lets my skin "breathe." However it does get really oily, you do need a powder to set it, and it's not good for people who want a full coverage foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in 230 at a chemist. I tried it at Target a few days before and found 220 to be the best match for my skin but the chemist only stocked 210 and 230 so I went with the latter. Since it's winter, it was a little too dark for me but I used a very light pressed powder over the top to lighten the orange-ness.

I pour a small amount (size of half a grape) on theback of my hand and use a stippling brush to distribute the product, then blend it in with a blush brush to give a smooth medium coverage. It works very well with my dry skin, leaving no dry patches and hiding any redness. The only problem I have is that it sometimes leaves a crease around the corner of my nose... any suggestions as to why and how to get rid of it? The finish is definitely dewy, but not oily. There is a fresh floral fragrance and it feels fresh on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy or like I'm wearing a mask. It lasts around 6 hours(starts to fade towards the end of school) but you can retouch it without caking and it's easily blendable.

It's reasonably priced- I bought it for $13.25 at Big W but other stores sell it for around $18. I've just bought my second bottle today in 220. Now I've got a winter shade and a summer shade :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought mine in natural buff 230, the color is very very beautiful, and it blends well with your tone, covers really well BUT I have oily skin, and after an hour (if im lucky) my skin starst becoming very greasy and oily, so this product is definitely not meant for people with oily skin. If I had dry or normal skin I probably would buy it again because the coverage is beautiful but since I dont then its a no no for me.. It does get darker progressively, it may because of my skin's oil, not sure. I do not like that at all. Good product as long as you dont have oily skin.

I bought this product after running out of foundation, and I just needed some more. It was a decent price, so I got it. I got mine in 115, which is the lightest shade that is offered for this product. 115 is a tad lighter than my skin, as I was in a rush in the store and guessed on this one without using the tester, but I am glad that I got it in that color; it isn't Marilyn Manson-white, and it gives good coverage.
Now, I'm usually leery of foundations with SPF, as they tend to be greasy and generally icky, but this one was really, really nice. I don't use a primer with this (I only use primer for my eyes) and it adheres right to the skin and doesn't rub off too easily.

I gave the packaging a 3 because the sticker on the lid annoys me, how it doesn't go in front unless you twist the lid starting with the sticker at the back.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this about a month ago when I ran out of foundation and needed a quick fix. I bought shade 230 which is way to dark for my skin in the winter, i should have gone a shade or two lighter. I usually dump the bottle upside down so some product gets into the cap, then apply it with a brush, blend it with a makeup sponge, and set it with translucent powder. Its lasts alright through school although I sometimes find my face getting slightly oily around my nose and I have to apply a little more powder. Overall okay, you basically get what you pay for (which isn't a lot)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I just purchased this product and I love it. It's light and isn't sticky or cakey like other products I've used. It is similar to the Mac Photo Finish pressed powder. I have normal skin and although the foundation is darker, it blended well. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I use 230 which is a little, tiny bit too light BUT because it adapts to skin tone it doesn't really matter because after 10 minutes it looks fine.
The coverage is light with my fingers but if i want a light-medium coverage i use a brush.
For a light coverage foundation it does what it promises.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love how this blended well with my skin tone since it's kind of hard matching foundations because of my red undertones.. I normally use MAC studio fix in nw43, this was really great for back up foundation. Love the dewy finish! My skin is very sensitive and prone to rashes from new products but this has not given me any itch or tingly feeling at all.. Really it would have had a pump of some sort cause the pouring could cause a waste in product especially on the go.. but overall I will by again DEFINITELY!

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

HG foundation! Do not buy if you have oily/combo skin though, this is a moisturizing foundation, which is why some people get oily during the middle of the day. I love to mix this with my moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl