October 22, 2014 | 1991 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great staple to have around. I do not use it as a moisturizer though except to spot treat really dry spots. It is great for removing M/U, mixing with sugar for a scrub, mixing with pot concealer so it goes on easier, etc. There are so many uses for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by twelvepercentt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is as great as everyone said it is! But the packaging isn't so great! Not to deter me. When I can afford another Aromaleigh order, I will add to the order (for dirt cheap) a 1/2 cobalt blue glass dropper bottle to put some in. ($2.25, and pretty) This would be a great way to use it for moisturizer. The container as is will be fine for the hot oil scalp treatment, which is much more pleasant then dandruff shampoo a couple times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2003 1:37:00 AM More reviews by travolta

I've been using jojoba oil for a couple of weeks now and I definitely like how my skin feels. Sometimes, it's not moisturizing enough to get rid of all my flakes, but then again, I am a flaky flaky person. Usually, it does its job wonderfully, PLUS, it really lasts forever and is quite cheap. Overall, I really like it and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jaypulliam

I love this stuff, it's cheap and amazing-just what I like. I use retin-a and this really calms my skin when i mix it with an spf during the day. my face doesn't feel tight and make-up really glides on top. wonderful stuff. and i am very very acne prone, this doesn't aggravate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just have to rave about the wonders of jojoba oil. I have been using it for the past few months and am still impressed. Primarily, I use it as a mascara/eye makeup remover. It works wonders at removing waterproof eye makeup and leaves the eye area very nicely moisturized. Also, I have used it as a moisturizer and as a pre-face wash massage/moisture treatment. I have not had any breakouts from this product...and many have posted that it helps unclog pores. I think this may be a YMMV product as some people who are acne prone have posted that jojoba breaks them out. I think it all depends on the individual. I did not have trouble with it breaking me out and I am very breakout prone. Even though it is an "oil" it is actually a liquid wax and does not feel greasy once absorbed into the skin. My only complaint is that it does not come in some sort of "dropper" container, because it is hard to control the amount of product coming out. This stuff is worth a try ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Megleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a jojoba oil devotee for about 2 years now - I love it! It is a wonderful night moisturizer for my oily, acne-prone skin. It is a non-oily oil! I also love it as a conditioning treatment for my dry, curly hair. I rub it into the ends and wrap it in a towel overnight. It also works great as a moisturizer for my hands at night with those cotton moisturizing gloves.
My only gripe is the packaging of the container. I have bought 2 bottles and the cap broke on both, which makes it hard to get the oil to come out with out getting it all over everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2003 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sfgal

after reading about this product on the skin care board i decided to give it a shot. typically the thought of applying any type of oil to my acne prone/oily face would have me run shrieking from a room, i felt reassured by what i read. i have to say that i love the slight tingley sensation this creates. i notice that my skin seems more balanced with oil production. the redness of my face is dissipatating and i have no flair ups of acne. i use this only in the evening and the Purezone cleansing line. overall i am thrilled and i hope that my skin will continue to improve as i use this longer. my only gripe is with the packaging of this product. i suspect that i will find a package that is more user friendly in the future so i will transfer the product to that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 12:55:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Absolutely love this stuff. It has revitalized my dry sensitive skin. I use it all over after I bathe and it has been a real help in ridding my body of dry scaly, itchy skin. Also use it on my dry sensitive rosacea and it works wonders in relieving the scaly skin, clearing up the red spots and plumping the skin. Will not live w/o this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by KarenC

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It makes me so happy. My skin looks all glowy when I use it. I have combo skin, and this has really helped my breakouts and kept my drier patches hydrated. I use it every night. It's kind of messy to apply, I wish there were some better way to do it, but I doubt it. I don't think I'll ever buy another night cream/moisturizer as long as I have this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2003 4:03:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing about the magical properties of this jojoba oil, and how it is supposed to clear out excess sebum from the pores, I decided to try this brand out. Unfortunately I broke out which is a rare occurrence for me. Ever since then, I don't use this on my face, but sometimes use it for body moisture instead.