July 24, 2014 | 2160 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 12:55:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Absolutely love this stuff. It has revitalized my dry sensitive skin. I use it all over after I bathe and it has been a real help in ridding my body of dry scaly, itchy skin. Also use it on my dry sensitive rosacea and it works wonders in relieving the scaly skin, clearing up the red spots and plumping the skin. Will not live w/o this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by KarenC

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It makes me so happy. My skin looks all glowy when I use it. I have combo skin, and this has really helped my breakouts and kept my drier patches hydrated. I use it every night. It's kind of messy to apply, I wish there were some better way to do it, but I doubt it. I don't think I'll ever buy another night cream/moisturizer as long as I have this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2003 4:03:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing about the magical properties of this jojoba oil, and how it is supposed to clear out excess sebum from the pores, I decided to try this brand out. Unfortunately I broke out which is a rare occurrence for me. Ever since then, I don't use this on my face, but sometimes use it for body moisture instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2003 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Freaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jojoba oil is truly magical! I've been using this for over a week on my combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin with absolutely no problems. Doesn't aggravate my skin, block my pores or cause breakouts. I use it in the evening after I cleanse my face, and a couple drops on each cheek, my chin, nose and forehead is all I need. It absorbs quickly and does not leave me feeling greasy. It's a moisturizer, eye makeup remover and very gentle zit fighter all in one! And at $6.99 for 4 ounces (I buy mine at Trader Joe's), it's even more astounding that they don't bottle this stuff up and sell it for much more. My one and only gripe (and it's a small one) is that because it's a liquid, sometimes it can be messy to apply...but I take the excess oil and smooth it over any dry spots all over my body. ***UPDATE on 1/26/03: Still LOVE this stuff! My boyfriend who has perfect skin also bought a bottle for his dry patches. Also, here's a tip: even though my skin absorbs it very quickly, it feels less greasy initially when I apply it immediately after washing my face - while my face is still slightly damp. ***UPDATE: on 1/15/04 A year later, I am now on my third bottle! I love it - it's THE BEST moisturizer EVER! Don't know what I'd do without this stuff! Mother Nature is brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2002 8:55:00 PM More reviews by smookitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great gentle moisturizer. Don't use it all the time, but I keep it around for when I need a basic, gentle, no frills kick of extra moisture. Don't be afraid that it's an *oil* it won't clog your pores. In fact, it can help to heal acne, and many facialists use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2001 1:26:00 PM More reviews by spikers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I read another review on this product by someone who has dry skin so I figured I'd give the oily skin perspective. It's still just as fabulous! I use only a couple of drops at night, before going to bed and the whole next day I don't have a bit of problem with my skin feeling greasy. It's as if I have normal skin! And normally, I'm wiping oil off of my face within an hour of putting makeup on. It gives your skin the moisture it needs so it doesn't have to overproduce oil & unbelievably it doesn't cause breakouts. I get it for $7 or $8 at The Vitamin Shoppe near me & it lasts forever since you only need a couple of drops for your entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2001 8:11:00 PM More reviews by naztazia

Dessert Essence distributes a great 100% pure jojoba oil product. Jojoba oil comes from the jojoba plant and is used as a lubricant in cosmetics. Btw, some pronounce it -- hoe-HOE-bah, others pronouce it huh-HOE-bah. To the skin, scalp and hair, jojoba oil looks like "sebum" - which is the body's natural oil. Soo... now that we have the scientific mumbo-jumbo out of the way, let me say that jojoba oil is a fantastic product for people with dry skin, dry hair or have red, irritated skin. It is an oil, so you can't wear this stuff under makeup -- but if you are home at night and your skin is dry or irritated, gently apply some 100% jojoba oil -- and miraculously things clear up overnight! I've rubbed it on everything from zits, to red patches, to hives, to dry patches, even sunburn - and jojoba oil fixes these skin problems rather quickly. I also condition my hair every now and then with jojoba oil - and even my makeup brushes. A very good and "natural" product to have around the house!