August 29, 2014 | 981 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by thememorymotel

Love, love LOVE this foundation. Its light but buildable and its a lovely texture. I love the feel of it on my skin, it feels like I am wearing nothing.

One of the best foundations i have ever used.

I however gave it one less star because I HATE its packaging, it needs a pump! luckily i managed to ask one of the mecca girls for a pump from an old bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by h3yh3y

The foundation has a wonderful selection of colors. I am very fair with cool undertones and siberia was perfect for me. The foundation really does a great job at covering redness but not masking my face like other foundations can do like revlon colorstay. This foundation is very easy to apply and looks great with using my fingers or my 187. The lasting power is good too as long as you set it with powder. I have used make up forever's hd foundation and like this a little more because of the satin finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Shahleena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had overall heard very good reviews about this product and i thought it was about time that i got out of my'safe' foundation brand i.e. MAC and branch out and try something new. I am for reference a MAC NC40/42. Now i went to the NARS counter at Liberty and they matched me to Barcelona. TBH the light wasnt that great in there (very yellow) and therefore i thought that i would rely on the expertise of the makeup artists. I bought the product and went home a happy bunny. The next day i wore it all over my face for the first time. Immediately i loved the lightweight consistency, the fluid way it easily applies to the face and the feeling of it almost not existing on the skin. My Studip Fix fluid you can definetely 'feel' on the skin when you first apply it. I also loved the coverage it gave, it covered all my blemishes without the need to pile loads of the stuff on. Basically, i immedately fell in love with this product and swore down there and then that this was my HG forever more. I got to work and straight away my colleague said to me "oh you're looking a bit pale today"....Cue me running to the loo to check out my face and lo and behold i could see in the harsh lights of our office toilets that it was indeed a tad light and i looked a little ghostly...! I immedately went back to the counter to complain that i hadnt been matched properly - cue grumpy MA giving me some talk about "we cant exchange..." and "you should have made sure you checked the colour properly before you left..." - yes in the yellow light with the testing done on my jaw not taking into account some people have varying shades on their face (like moi!). So i went into my rant about it being the first time i had bought something from NARS (which it was) and if this is their customer service i shall not be returning and i have a full bottle of foundation i cannot use. That seemed to work and this time she matched me AGAIN. And the colour she exchanged me with was the next shade up, Syracuse. I went home again, applied it all over and my mother told me i looked orange - like id been tangoed! I gave up there and then. Looks like if you are a MAC NC40/42 there is no shade in this range that will match your skintone. Shame really, as i really loved the foundation :-(

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I got a sample of this from Sephora and my color is Medium 1, Punjab. This foundation is really great, but not my HG. It evens out my skin tone, hides redness around my nose and lightens up my dark acne scarings. The coverage is alright& it is buildable and blendable. However, it does accentuate some dry areas on my forehead, but that's no big deal for me. This foundation really lets my skin shine through (sheer), and it is very light weight. The staying power is alright, though I needed to touch up once throughout the day. The price is pricey, however I think it's quite worth it. The packaging is...not my favorite part. I wish it came with a pump instead of having to pour the foundation out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This provides medium buildable coverage. It has a satin finish that is very skin-like and natural looking. It has a very liquidy consistency and it feels light on the skin. The formula dries pretty quickly so you have to blend fairly fast. The main reason I like this is because Ceylan is the most perfect colour match I have found for my skin thus far (Korean, NC20/25). I dislike the packaging that is unhygenic and hard to control how much that is dispensed. I would not recommend this for dry skintypes (even though that is who it's marketed for) because it accentuates dry skin patches and I find the formula to be drying also. I find this works best with a water-based primer/moisturizer since it is a water-based foundation.

UPDATE/EDIT: Adding a lippie because the more I wear this the more I love it. And the more I try out other foundations, the more I realize that in comparison how much better this is. Also, too add, if u have normal skin u probablly don't need a finishing powder with this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't even like liquid foundations, but this one from NARS has changed my opinion. It is literally weightless on. I have very dry skin, so its important to MOISTURIZE WELL before applying this, that is key. The color selection is excellent, Mont Blanc is a perfect match for me (the NARS website carries more shades than Sephora does.)
I love the finish, it's more satiny than glowy, but it does allow light to be reflected off of my cheekbones, so I like that effect. The coverage is medium, if you have problem skin you will need a concealer. I have avoided liquid foundations for the longest time because they often feel mask-like and I don't like fake-looking skin, but NARS sheer glow just filters out the imperfections in my complexion, so it's exactly what I need.
When you apply this, it dries really quickly, so definitely just use your fingers to dot it on the face, and then blend it out quickly. You only need a tiny bit of product. It's so easy and quick to apply, no need for other tools.
It lasts all day, and even through nights of partying, so considering how light the foundation feels when you put it on, I don't think I could ask for more.
My skin is very sensitive to many foundations and powders, but this does not irritate or break me out at all. I will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by brunella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this was going to be IT for me. It wasnt. Coverage is very good and range of colors seems to be adequate. BUT I have super dry skin and this "dries" my skin out even more. This is supposed to be for dry skin but seriously regular ol' foundations provide more moisture than this. First, it "dries" really fast before you have time to get it all worked out and it dries super super matte. There is no "Glow" about it. Because I'm so dry I like a more dewy, glowy finish. I have used loose powder ever since I started wearing make-up and I absolutely cannot use it with this product. The powder just sits there I end up looking all powdery. But the worst thing about this is the way my skin FEELS. It feels dry, tight, parched and absolutely screaming for moisture. If I had oily skin, I'm sure I would love this but its very definitely not for very dry girls like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The search is finally over.. I have found...... my HG foundation. :: cue fireworks:: :) The Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is THE best foundation I have ever used, and I have tried A LOT.. It's sheer, hydrating and pigmented. It looks so natural on, and it stays on all day without needing any touch ups or setting powder. Thank you Francois for creating such a wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks great in photos, you really get flawless looking skin. I find the best way to apply is with your fingers and then to smooth over it with a sponge, when I try it with a brush it goes on very streaky. It does dry very quickly and on my skin it actually dries matte and not shiny or very glowly but it looks lovely and natural - I use highlighters to give me a glow instead. I really loved it when I first got it but would prefer more of a glow but I prefer it to anything else that I've tried and I really have tried everything out there. It seems to last most of the day and every time I am look in the mirror I am happy with the way my skin looks.

I had an old Smashbox illuminating fluid bottle which had a pump and I swapped the bottle tops so I know have a pump on my sheer glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by pinkelephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Total HG foundation status. I can't even believe it. I hate foundation 99.99% of the time but wanted to give this a try. I'm NC30/35, ColorStay Medium Beige, and MAC F&B C4 and I bought Sheer Glow in Barcelona. It seems a tad yellow, but the shade down from this is more yellow and the shade up is too dark. I first tried to apply it with my MAC 109 brush but it dried too fast and I couldn't get good application. I tried again with my fingers and it just felt like I was applying lotion. It was SO smooth and just melted right into my skin. I can't even describe how smooth and even my skintone looks with this on. It feels so light... like I don't have anything on my face. I did the "up close and personal" test in the mirror and it passed... it doesn't settle into the lines on my forehead (just about every foundation I've ever tried does). I am totally in love. It was a little expensive at $42, but I will definitely repurchase.
EDIT: I exchanged Barcelona for Punjab and it's a perfect match.Turns out I'm lighter than I thought. NC25/30.