October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this foundation so far. My shade is Siberia which is the lightest Nars offers and it matches my skintone so well. It's hard to find pale foundations that are completely neutral without a pink undertone, but this one looks great on me.

The consistency is quite thin and fluid-like. A lot of people are comparing it to MUFE HD but I find it even a bit thinner than that. I've tried several different brushes to apply it but I think it looks best when blended in with my fingers.

I would say it gives a medium coverage at most. It's enough to even out the skintone and cover redness but I wouldn't use this foundation if I were experiencing a breakout. If you have blemishes, you'll definitely need a concealer.

I love the finish this gives my skin. When the sun hits my face, I just look glowing... not dewy or shiny, just a natural glow that real skin exudes. I don't look powdery or overly matte either. It's just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by joxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this the best foundation ive used in a long time!!!easy to apply warming it up in your palm then applying with fingers.it light and creamy and gives you a beautiful glow.i am a oily skin and i love this.i use murad oil free matifer and murad age perfecting serum as my primer.....amazing results.i wish it had pump...a little goes along way.my skin looks flawless using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by user1988

As of right now it's my most reached for foundation, this covers beautifully without looking too heavy unlike the Matte version. I actually prefer this over my YSL Teint Resist foundation. Just wish this came with a pump, sometimes I pour a bit too much product so it goes to waste.

Not to mention this lasts all day long, doesn't separate, stays put with very minor touch ups during the day. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveandsoul

HI everyone, i purchased this foundation about three weeks ago, when i bought it the SA matched me to STROBALINI [medium#3] it was wayyy to yellow!! IM A BEIGE 2.0 IN CHANEL and nc25,30 in mac. I went back and i matched myself to PUNJAB [medium1] it matches perfect love it!
I have real sensitive skin and break out easy this hasnt made me break out or made my skin irrtated. ITs more of a medium coverage wich was perfect for me. The only con is i have to blend it alot beacuse it sets in my pores!! love love love when paired with the nars primer its amaz!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE NARS!!!!
ps. not afill,JUST A HAPPY Customer

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I matches my skin perfectly I'm normally NC20 in the winter and the shade deauville matches perfectly. The coverage is med-full which is what I like. If I want more sheer I'll used a damp sponge to apply. I haven't had any problems with getting greasier or shiny through the day. Probably because I always use the Shiseido spf 55 lotion on my T-zone as a mattifying primer. It wears very well without being cakey. However if u wear more than 9 hours I notices it pools a little but nothing a little blotting and blending won't take care of. Overall I like it a lot and it's becoming one of my HGs.

Packaging could be better with a pump. Otherwise I like the glass bottle.

Updated 6/26/10: The shade Deauville is too light for me in the summer and as the weather gets warmer I notice that it melts a little or gets cakey. I'm oily and my sister is dry and we both wear the same foundation and I notice the same effect on both of us that it gets cakey

Update 4/18/2010: I found out if I only use a little bit of it instead of a lot it takes away the cakeyness and looks less mask-like and more natural looking. Using fingers to apply is a must for natural finish, using a brush makes it mask-like

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by cchien

i'm a mac nc25-30, purchased sheer glow in santa fe. i loved the effect after applying; left a sheer wash of foundation and my skin really did glow. but almost immediately after, my oily/normal combo skin became very oily and shiny. i tried setting with different powders and nothing worked. i exchanged it for sheer matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

I normally don't like wearing foundation because I find it too cakey and orangey (think MAC) on me, but the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is a dream texture!

I have combination skin, very dry after I wash my face but oily throughout the day and this product just worked perfectly for me. It's very light and provides medium to light coverage. Looks quite natural and blends in beautifully for a near flawless complexion. I always set it with NARS powder. The texture of the foundation is also very liquidy but dries quickly. A little goes a long way!

My only peeve is that the bottle is going to get tricky to use when there's not much left. I really wish they had included a pump on this one!

Update May/29/2010: I still love this foundation, however, as I near the end of the bottle ... I really hate that it doesn't come with a pump. When I'm traveling, I find it inconvenient to bring and pouring the bottle out has caked the sides with foundation I could have saved. NARS please put a pump on this one! I will even pay extra to buy it separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by babyazn87

This is one of the best foundations I have used.
It actually makes my skin fairly flawless, and I do not need to use much. This foundation feels very light to me, like I am not wearing anything
The MA told me that it is better to apply this foundation with your fingers. I usually use a stipple brush but thought I'd give it a shot.
Make sure your skin is nicely moisturized. I also apply Nars primer beforehand. You really do not need much. I always buff it out after applying it with my fingers.
I wish it would come in a pump.. I don't understand why they won't change the design.
I noticed that I do not really get a "glow". It is neither matte or dewy.. I am planning on mixing it with something, as I like the dewy look!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

I love the look of this foundation the name says it all. Only problem is that its a bit expensive other than that ur skin will look flawless

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour: I'm NC25-30 (more on the lighter side of NC30), MUFE HD 120, & DiorSkin Nude 023 and was colour matched to Fiji. During the summer, I was on the darker side of NC30 and was in b/w Fiji & Punjab. I have neutral undertones so both colours do not really suit me. Fiji is really yellow and Punjab is really golden. Even now, I'm forcing myself to use Fiji.

Photographs/Videos: In photographs, no matter what colour foundation I use with this line, my face always comes out whiter. But in videos, this foundation makes my skin look flawless and I have active acne and pigmentation.

Coverage: medium-full end. It can cover my pigmentation from acne. This foundation can look very cakey. Each time I wore it, even a thin layer, will look like there is foundation on my skin.

Texture: very heavy feeling on the skin when compared to foundations like MUFE HD, Guerlain Aqua, DiorSkin Nude, etc..You know there is foundation on your skin. Now this isn't as heavy feeling as NARS Sheer Matte. It is not transfer resistant so you can take your hand and wipe it on your face and have foundation all over your hand.

Application: I used both my Sephora #55 brush, MAC 190, MAC 187, MAC 109, and my fingertips to apply this foundation. Seems like no brush will work. You need to use your fingers.

Price: Purchased at Sephora for $55CAD. Will be making a return.

Reaction: After wearing it for a few days, I started noticing this foundation was causing a lot of clogged pores which ultimately led to breakouts. Definitely not friendly to those with super sensitive acne prone skin.

Finish: As others have mentioned it is not sheer not does it give a glow. It will give a glow by the end of the day when your oils seep through. But it isn't as dewey as DiorSkin Nude or Studio Sculpt. Very one dimensional and matte looking. But by the end of the day, there are chances that you might look like a greaseball.

Packaging: comes in a bottle with a cap and lid. Does not come with a pump as others have mentioned.

Overall not the best foundation that I've tried and will continue my search for a liquid foundation that does not break me out. This foundation is better than Sheer Matte. Please check out my review for that if you are interested.

Just a side note, Sheer Glow colours run lighter than Sheer Matte colours even though they are under the same name.

Note: even though Sephora sells all colours of this product on their website, their Toronto (Ontario) stores do not have the colour "Ceylan." I've checked. They don't even have a placement for it.

12 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No