December 22, 2014 | 1140 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After hearing Lollipop26's review on the Nars Sheer Glow, I knew I had to check it out. But unfortunately we don't have a Nars counter in Singapore, so I had to rely on online swatches. I went ahead to get my shade in Ceylan after considering the various colour matches online. For your information, I am a MAC NC25, Shu 774, Lunasol OC2, IPSA 10, and P&J 10. I must say I was pretty nicely matched, maybe if it was slightly darker it would have been perfect. But once blended it looks fine. So I recommend that you go a lighter shade, since you can add bronzer to even out the skin tone.
Okay, on to the product; I found it very lightweight which was nice. It's not cakey, applies well but does accentuate the pores if you don't blend it into the skin. So with that, I found the MAC 109 better than my MAC 187. It was far less streaky and smoothened out my complexion well. It lasts a good numbre of hours for dry skinned ladies. I assume that it wouldn't last very long for oily skin ladies.
The effect is absolutely gorgeous. It made me look so poreless and illuminating. So far, I really like this foundation.
However, I hate the packaging. Not only is it inconvenient to travel, but it's a pain in the ass to close. The cap doesn't fit nicely.
Anyway, it's a great foundation and I wouldn't mind buying another one on my next travels.
More info on my blog here: http://tracysbeautyblogsphere.blogspot.com/2010/01/foundation-basics-nars-sheer-glow-color.html

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 7:10:00 AM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried many foundations over the past few months because i was trying to find the perfect one! it irritates me when i see some people with amazing looking make-up and mine looks rubbish! But anyway, I'm sorry to say but i wasn't impressed with this foundation, it's an improvement on their last foundation which sheer glow replaced because its thicker but i definitely did not think it was worth the money.

At NARS they try to give you the lightest colour foundation possible because they say it looks more natural, but they are wrong! I have quite dry skin, quite pale but i do have a lot of redness in my skin, so using NARS actually made my face too pale because although it matched my neck colour, naturally your face is usually darker than your neck because of the sun and the colour in your cheeks. I went back to the NARS counter and said i wasn't happy with my purchase and she was very helpful and did give me an exchange. She put a darker shade of sheer glow foundation on me to try, but it just looked yellow.

They also advise you to apply it with your fingers instead of a foundation brush, which i found a hassle when i was in a rush because i would have to wash my hands before leaving the house!

Another point is after a few hours the foundation would start to break away from under my eyes and separate, making me look awful!

I didn't find it very moisturizing either, it wasn't as good for dry skin as other brands i've tried have been, and was very hard to apply and blend in! It didn't give sufficient coverage over blemishes or redness either, i had to use a lot of concealer around my nose and tops of my cheeks.

So all in all i hated the fact i'd spent about £33 on this foundation for it to look like i was wearing a cheap foundation. To summarize, it wasn't worth the money, the colour was too pale for me (despite going back twice to ask about a darker colour), it separated after a few hours, and it didn't give enough coverage over blemishes and redness.

However i do think each foundation works differently for different people, the reason i went to NARS is because it has such a good reputation, and a lot of makeup artists use it. To avoid disappointment, i would advise you to try it on before you buy and even ask for a tester size bottle to try for a few days before you commit to buying. I will say that i have tried some of NARS other products and i was very happy with them, which i will do positive reviews on :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by bruno777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is nice. It made my skin glow and I was scared that I was going to have a case of the oilies within in two hours but I didn't. This foundation feels very light on and give a no makeup/natural look which I like. This is my HG foundation. I purchased this in New Orleans. I am a MAC NC50. Like another reviewer stated earlier for the price of this foundation, $42.00, it could have at least come with a pump. I took off one lippie because of the foundation not coming with a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the sheer glow formula. On me the formula provides more coverage than revlon colorstay. I apply this with my mac 187. Ok so the packaging sucks big time. There is no pump on this and you can twist the cap on forever and it doesn't feel tight. I don't use this everyday but when I do my skin does appear to be in better condition. I have this in Syracuse and I am an NC40-42.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been cheating on mat Lumiere with this foundation..it's just gorgeous.
It blends well, they have a sublime color range & it covers.

Now when I say "covers" you're not gonna look like you stuck a paint roller to your face..no..it is a very true medium coverage & for people with minimal skin problems you're gonna love it!..Give it a try, BUT steer VERY clear of sheer matte...awful doesn't even describe it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: NC20ish olive undertones with dry sensitive skin, very prone to allergic reactions. I purchased this after trying a generous sample from Mecca Cosmetic in Sydney (great customer service, they actually have drawers of sample jars they can fill for you but with their crazy inflated prices, its a tradeoff). I wear Mont Blanc, which is a decent match in colour depth although perhaps a tad too peachy in tone. This product has really grown on me. Pros: Medium-full coverage. This gives a flawless finish, a truly perfect "she must have freaking awesome skin or is wearing a fabulous foundation" finish in terms of coverage. I do have quite good skin and dont honestly need this level of coverage day to day but it is nice to have the option for when I need to look more done up. It is a natural matte, maybe slightly satin finish. I dont need to wear powder with this but I do because I use an illuminating loose powder which gives me a bit more glow which I prefer. It is long wearing, with or without powder. I wore this for a full day at work and drinks/dancing afterwards and it still looked flawless in photos taken during the night (no touchups). It doesnt fade or dry my skin out throughout the day, although i do use a heavy moisturiser and moisturising sunscreen. I *touch wood* have not had any reactions to this. It isnt fragranced which is fantastic. Very lightweight, even in humid weather it doesnt get tacky or heavy feeling. Cons: As other reviews mentioned the packaging is really inconvenient, it is difficult to control the amount of product coming out of the bottle. A pump would be fantastic. Extremely pricey in Australia, I paid AU$99 for this at Mecca Cosmetics which is more expensive than even Chanel. Its not too bad at the US price when exchanged, its just the typical Australia markup which is annoying. Overall a nice product I am really enjoying. Its not at HG status (Chantecaille Future Skin holds that honour) but it is definitely an above average product. Highly rec'! Just remember its not "sheer" nor particularly glowy. Instead it is a fuller coverage foundation with a natural matte finish which feels very light on the skin. I would probably re-purchase because it is great to have a fuller coverage foundation option and it doesnt irritate my skin which is rare. Will have to see how it wears on my drier skin in cooler weather but it is working well in our summer at the moment. Update (17/04/10) - Discovered the best application method for my drier skin is to apply a pea sized amount with a dry sponge immediately after I apply a thick layer of my moisturiser, that way I get a sheerer finish and dont have blending difficulties.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is absolutely gorgeous and that's not what i was expecting as i had problems before with nars not having my color but they hit the nail on the head with tahoe which is the most natural match to my skintone than any other foundations i own which is saying alot. i know cadiz will be my summer color as i get darker. Anyhoo, your face doesn't look as if it has been kissed by the stars but it looks smooth as silk and has a very soft matte satiny finish which looks very very natural. I can wear this for a full day, 12 hours max before i decide to blot and that is if i choose to as it gets dewy after the 8 hour mark for me but not oily. Im truely impressed and it seems that nars is finally catering to a full range of shades for all women which alot of other high end brands need to take heed. I wish they included a pump for the amount that i paid but i got one free from sephora for being a v.i.b- very important beauty insider and long time customer, but anyways this is for sure hg and will absolutely continue purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by TN88ND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I use Deauville, and it is a great match! The coverage is light/medium, which is okay for me since I'm pretty young and have been lucky to not have acne or any skin problems.

I love the finish of this foundation! Its not a "glow", but is a nice satin finish. I can't stand looking matte or shiny, so this is a nice in between finish.

When I apply it I have to use my fingers to get the best possible result (which is kind of what the directions say, if I remember right). I pour a small amoung on the back of my hand and then apply lightly with my fingers. It seems to work for me. Brushes leave it looking too thick and uneven, whereas the finger application leaves me looking fresh and like I just have great skin!

Like others have said, the packaging is terrible. For what you pay for this foundation, I don't see how it would be so difficult to give it a pump. You end up wasting a lot of it just pouring it. Hopefully someone at NARS wises up to this fact sooner, rather than later.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by youngpunk9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful foundation. This gives the skin an ethereal glow that I've never ever experienced with another foundation. This is the first foundation I've tried that matches my skin exactly (I wear Cadiz, MAC NC45...a tad too dark). The only downside is that there is no pump and the MAC pump is too big for this bottle. I would choose this over the MUFE HD any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this foundation when it came time to replace my old Clarins Colour Tint, as I had seen a lot of positive reviews of it. I was matched with Deauville, and it is a really excellent match for my skin. Even my mother was shocked by how much "better" I looked wearing this foundation! The coverage is medium and buildable. I really appreciate having a bit more coverage, and it always looks natural. The foundation really feels nice on my skin and helps my other makeup go on more smoothly. I thought I might be able to get away with not wearing concealer with this foundation, but my dark under-eye circles still show through it a bit. However, with concealer and this foundation they are barely noticeable! (I use Art Deco Perfect Teint Concealer in 5) I agree with other reviewers; I would also prefer a pump bottle, otherwise great foundation and I would repurchase!