April 20, 2014 | 1639 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by shuhony

I have been on strike in terms of liquid foundation use, as I always found them to be too cakey/mask-like/heavy/impossible to find the right shade... etc. I tried a sample of this product after seeing a review online, and must say I was VERY impressed! I was matched to the shade "Fuji" (I am MAC NC 20-25) and although it's a bit too yellow at times, I think it might be as close as I can get to perfection. It feels very sheer and light yet gives quite decent coverage; I no longer feel the need for concealer on my dark circles and acne scars. The name is quite misleading though, as I actually find it a semi-matte finish. It is a bit pricey and the packaging does need a pump, but other than that, I would say this is pretty much my perfect foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by missglowstick

I first tried NARS Sheer Glow when I discovered that I'm running out of foundation and the thought of going bare-faced terrified me. So I went on a sample binge and got little containers of Sheer Glow in Siberia and Gobi. Siberia is a perfect match for me, but I can get away with Gobi as well.
Not only is the color match flawless on my skin, the foundation itself is AMAZING. It's a light/medium coverage which is perfect for me, since I just have some discoloration and maybe the occasional blemish. It leaves a very smooth, natural, glowy finish and doesn't budge all day. Definite HG. A little pricey, though. But well worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by petitelapin

I've been using Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation (and Mac Studio Fix before that).

I decided to purchase NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (colour punjabi was matched to my skin) after seeing a positive review on youtube.

I didn't like Mac studio fix because it smelt and felt of strong chemicals and I believe it caused spot out breaks.

Chanel Mat Lumiere is a good long wearing foundation but it is a much heavier coverage than Nars and more noticeable on the face.

I always put foundation on the back of my hand before application and I found that Chanel would stain my hand and be quite difficult to wash off with just water. When I used Nars it would simply melt into my skin with no trace of it afterwards!!

On the face Nars applies very well, especially after primer. It's easy to blend, feels lights and covers well.

I have an oily t-zone but dry cheeks. I find that after a few hours, my face starts to feel a bit greasy, especially around the nose area.

Having said that, I do like Nars Sheer Glow foundation because of how natural the application feels. the downside is the greasiness of it.

I think I will juggle between Chanel and Nars foundations for the time being.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by blyss

With many great claims, I was dying to try this out. I really liked the idea of a foundation with brightening properties and clarifies overall skintone. I have pretty good skin but I do have uneven skintone that requires somewhere between light and medium coverage to even me out. I really wanted to love this foundation but it really didnt work out for me.

I'm a MAC NC30 and BB Warm Sand. I was matched to Ceylon and possibly Punjab. To be honest, neither one matched me. Ceylon was the right tone of golden neutral but possibly a shade too light. It maybe good for NC25. Punjab was just the wrong undertone... it was a golden peachy shade. It was too warm/pink for me.

In terms of coverage and texture, this is the one highlight of the foundation. It did feel quite light but it did take a while to dry down. This might be from the hydrating properties. I'm not oily but I felt this foundation made my skin very oily. After 2 hours of wearing it, it feel.. slippery. Also the coverage is incredibly sheer. I was thinking it'd be like MUFE F&B but it's not even close. I would say the Sheer Glow has the same coverage as my LM tinted moisturizer. I was hoping it'd be a light coverage and buildable as they claim but it isn't easy to build up. Its possibly from the long dry time and it just didnt look right when I tried to put on a 2nd thin coat. The Sheer Matte was much better in adding a 2nd layer. For me, the first minute looked slightly natural dewy but it quickly shifted to just overly shiny within 2 hours.

The worse part about this foundation is the breakout that occurred nearly 3 days later. Horrible deep cystic pimples that were painful. I had to stop using everything immediately to clear it up. Definitely returned the bottle and won't touch it again. Another negative is the price. The price tag is also really high for such a small amount and I was shocked to see it had no pump! I sadly wouldn't recommend this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a custom blend with Prescriptive for about 10 years and loved it - however, they are discontinuing the line, so I started running around looking for a new foundation. I'm difficult to match - I need a neutral with a hint of pink and I need it on the lighter side. The Mt. Blanc is a hair darker than what I was wearing, but it's not bad. The problem with this, it is too "silicone-y" for my taste and I found it to be somewhat mask-like. Plus, every time I used it, I felt like I had hayfever symptoms - I wash it off, and I feel better (I'm so weird). So this is a no-go for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ELPrecord

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Fantastic color match (I'm yellow toned..NC27-30, usually hard for me to find a good match)

Light..you feel as though you aren't wearing anything.

Cons:
Clutches to any dry skin you may have and gives emphasis to fine lines

Dries quickly on skin..so blend in a hurry & in sections

Price..$42 ..um What the...???

No pump

PS..I've seen a few reviews saying this was a medium coverage despite the word "Sheer"..but this does have a light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by missa_soup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is the best foundation I've used to date. It has a buttery slick texture that just melts onto the skin. The application itself is easy and doesn't get stuck to any dry patches on the face. The coverage is nice, I have rosacea and it's very difficult to find something that covers that doesn't look cakey. It's long wearing and the shades are pretty excellent. I did notice reviewers commenting on the no pump aspect of the foundation. I think that is because it has skincare in it and it needs to be mixed up before use. I would think skincare would clog a pump, that's just my take on it anyways. Im very happy with this foundation and would highly recommend anyone with any skin issues or types to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never been a big liquid foundation fan until I discovered MUFE. After reading rave reviews from Allure, and lollipop26 from youtube, I decided to try NARS sheer glow foudation. I was matched with the New Guinea shade which is considered to be dark 1 w/ yellow undertones. Which is very consistent since I am also new guinea in the oil free and sheer matte formulas. The SA at Bloomingdales apply it with her fingers. She used VERY little, the results, My skin was luminous, glowing!!! or what I like to call the JLo glow. Compared to MUFE, which I like, New Guinea is an exact match to my skin NC50/C8 in MAC. Generally I like more of a matte finish, but I was very impressed with this I did not have to blot at all! highly impressed.

Pros:
creamer than the original oil free and balanced formulas so it's easier to blend, also this stays well with the primer it does not go on streaky.

luminous glow, lasted eight hours without having to blot or set with powder

light to medium coverage which I like without looking like a mask, cakey or powdery like the results of some foundations. It look very natural.

Cons:
the packaging, I don't like glass bottles, also no pump/ ridiculous!

The price!!

All in all I would definately buy this again, I was very impressed wih the results of this, also I think I will also invest in the sheer matte formula

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Nonfiction

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The color is a better match; it is smooth with a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by xoconni3xo

Wow! I love this foundation. It looks so natural and beautiful. It's light-medium coverage. I am a NC35 and I am in shade Barcelona for this. The first day I wore this a customer told me, "Your skin looks great!" and I said "Yeah it's make up" and she said "You should wear it more often!" lol although it seems like an insult it isn't because this foundation is just that great!