April 16, 2014 | 1057 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

So I have a hard time with foundation. I'm not used to wearing makeup, really, and I'm always paranoid I'm going to look over- and poorly- made up.For reference, I have combination skin that isn't particularly oily, dry, or sensitive, but sporadically goes crazy and breaks out all over the place. My skin is a shade or two darker near my mouth (where you would get the parentheses smile wrinkles) and my forehead, while a shade lighter on my cheek, so it's just a laugh and a half trying find to a foundation that's a good match.

I walk in to Sephora, and an SA matches me on the first try. 177, for the record. It is, quite literally, invisible. Almost every other foundation I've tried (Covergirl Trublend, L'Oreal True Match (this was a perfect match), Covergirl Clean, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse) have been very close, but no cigar. Covergirl, (my previous foundation) oxidizes on me, L'Oreal turns into me into an oil spill worthy of FEMA intervention while transferring onto everything I pass by, and Maybelline Matte Mousse was just... ugh. The texture was not good for me.

Back to MUFE. The first day I had this, I wore it from 6am to 9pm. I got a trifle shiny around 5, but nothing blotting paper and a tiny swipe of the HD powder couldn't take care of. When I got home, I fell asleep with it on (bad move, I know), and, no exaggeration, there was more still on my face than the pillow. It was crazy. It hasn't broken me out or made present blemishes worse, and I've been wearing it every day for the past week. I also got my first compliment on how nice my skin looked =)

It doesn't completely even out my skintone, but it makes it far less noticeable. It keeps distinctive facial features like freckles visible, which is nice. It leaves a not-quite-matte finish. It's quintessentially my skin, but better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by yurpita

I really love this foundation-- it's a bit pricey, but worth it. I typically mix it with some moisturizer and using a foundation brush to apply. Great coverage without feeling too heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by serenitydicarpio

I really liked this foundation at first. I even finished a bottle and bought a new one. But nowadays I realize it is not long-lasting enough for the entire day (have to reapply). Looks great in photos. It can get cake-y too. I have found another that I really like.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by daddysgrlca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another product I was hoping to love but ended up hating it. I had the SA at sephora apply this to me and I absolutely loved the finish inside the store. However once I got outside into natural lightening and look horribly flat and it oxidized to an odd color. Im sure this would photography beautifully but it doesn't look that great in person.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by pui_puni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. They have so many shades and so while it took a few tries, I found my perfect match! It's SO light and natural looking. I have been getting so many complements on my skin since I started wearing it about two weeks ago! I put it on with my fingers and then lightly blend it with a stippling brush (MAC # 187) and I finish it off with the HD microfinishing powder (which I also love!). I have skin that is prone to redness and oil and large pores and this foundation makes my skin look radiant, smooth, evened-out and flawless but as though I just rolled out of bed that way. It just looks fantastic! I do not find that it melts away like others have reported. I will never buy a different foundation - I've found my soulmate :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by suekim91

if you have oily skin, steer clear of this product! this product made my face looking like a grease ball with 2 hours. (esp. around my t-zone!) i loved the finish of this foundation and i tried every possible primer and powder combo to make this foundation last but this product and oily skin just wasnt meant to be...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like the texture of this foundation, it is really smooth. However, it can't stay long on my face. Maybe because of the hot weather or my oily skin, this foundation can just last for a few hours on my face. If i sweat, the foundation on my face will look melting which really embarrasses me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by poivre27

Tried this out yesterday for a few hours on before I washed it off, it made me break out! I gave it 3 stars only because I loveeee the colour match (#120 for me) and the look of it when I had it on. But the 4 new pimples on my face were NOT worth trying this on again. =(

I wanted to like it, but it will be returned back to Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Love the sheen and the colour match... hate the fact that it brings out any and all imperfections!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugggh so wanted to like this. I like the idea of a foundation being HD/full coverage but this was way to cakey for my skin. It looked like I was wearing a mask. The match was dead on (153)Honey and I'm NC40 skintone. I even tried using my MAC 187 to soften this but I found that this formula was too powdery! I like a dewy/satin finish and this was similar to MAC studio fix! Yuck! I paid 42 bucks for this! I did like the packaging. The pump was really nice, I just wish it wasn't so matte.