December 19, 2014 | 1484 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by muffintoyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily acne prone skin, so this foundation was not good for me. The coverage is great, but because of the type of skin i have, after 2-3 hrs, my whole face was oily, even after I had applied a daily oil control (before applying this foundation). I would recommend this foundation for people with dry skin, like my mom wears this foundation and its great for her.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Frannylou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has turned out to be my favorite fall/winter foundation. Everyone should know your skin changes and you need to change your foundation along with the weather and your skins needs. I am 48 and aging gracefully, but still want to have a foundation that covers those aging flaws without feeling or looking cakey. And this does just that. Even my husband says how beautfiul I look when I wear it compare to other foundations. Now that speaks volumes. We cannot stop aging completely, but it's nice to have a foundation to ease us on our way. Make us look more glowing and smoother. If you find you feel too heavy or greasy with a primer then don't use one with it. The key is feeling a product out, before you throw it out. Sephora gives you the color key on their page as far as fair, light, yellow, beige, or pink undertones. Educate yourself on these things. It will help you a great deal to look fantastic at any age. Not only is this my favorite foundation for fall/Winter, I feel it gives me some moisture (silicones) to protect me from the harsh enviroment. But my husbands favorite on me as well, and the compliments are an added plus :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by dpatel1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this is a pretty good foundation but the staying power is not that great, it has medium coverage, but it does make me pretty oily, it's very blendable. I was really dissapointed with this but I started to mix it with my Revlon ColorStay in Rich Ginger which was too light for me and when I mix this foundation it's a great color and is more coverage and more blendable. So alone it's a 3/5 and with colorstay i give it a 4/5! The price doesn't bother me becuase it lasts so long and they have a great color selection!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by dbgirl23

This foundation is very easy to blend. I dab it around my face and then use a skunk brush to blend it out. I do need a little powder on my T zone. The coverage is sheer to medium, and very natural looking.

It has no scent and comes in a lot of shades. I'm about an NC 25 in MAC and I purchased 120 in MUFE HD.

The price is a little steep, but I thought I would give it a try when I got a coupon from Sephora. I'm very happy I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a liquid foundation person, before I used MAC Studio Fix powder+foundation and or/ bare minerals. However, I've heard so much about this that I had to give it a try. I actually really like it. It looks and feels super natural! My skin also looked much less dull. The downside is that the coverage is pretty sheer. I use my fingers to apply so maybe that's the reason it's hard to layer, but I would say this foundation is sheer natural looking coverage and not medium-full coverage like many websites say. Anyway, I find that it lasts all day, though I do have to set it. I will defintiely be buying more when I run out! :)

Oh, make sure to get color matched by as pro!! I did, and I still think the color is a little off but it's very blendable so I'm working with it haha

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mariamahmad010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is literally amazing.
I have to mix two shades together to get my shade, but seriously the coverage is fantastic!!
Im a teenager, so this review is basically for people with slight acne and oily skin.. this foundation covers all my imperfections i now get compliments on my skin!!!
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING im going to keep buying it.
only con i would say is that its a bit expensive.. but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by blackstudded

Make Up Forever is an amazing line they have 25 skin tones to choose from instead of most skin care lines that have the standard 5-10 shades of skin tones. Their foundation does a great job of covering blemishes or whatever skin imperfections you may have. My favorite product that I have from Make Up Forever is HD Invisible Cover Foundation it is an Oil free liquid foundation makes your skin smooth.This foundation Creates a soft-focus effect, designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It creates a complexion that looks flawless, even in bright or harsh lighting.If you do not like liquid Foundation they have Duo Mat Foundation which is a powder foundation. The show Gossip Girl’s Make Up Artist Amy Tagliamonti said,” It evens the skin tone and covers redness, but it’s not heavy and it doesn’t cake.”During Fashion shows especially Fashion Week most of the Makeup Artist uses Make Up Forever on the Models I highly suggest this product the best purchase I’ve ever made and the results are great. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Blake Lively, and the cast from 90210 use Make Up Forever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am happy that this worked for some people, but it certainly didn't work for me. I applied in a few different ways and always set it, but it faded off in splotches within 3 hours or less. I even used the hd powder. It also turned really orange on me, I don't even have oily skin. It looked awful in natural light. I had some pics taken one day, and I really wish I hadn't worn this foundation. Now I can't even purchase pics from the event, my face (foundation) looks awful! I should've tried this out a little longer before wearing it for an event, but still...results were terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by xxomargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good product. but not a miracle. I like it better than MAC liquid foundation, mainly bc my boyfriend hates the mac smell. i have friends who say their boyfriends hate the smell as well. the price doesn't bother me so much, because i like the packaging and you don't have to pay for a $5 pump like mac. the one thing i noticed about this product is i feel like it defines the lines under my eyes! but around the time i got this makeup i started getting really busy.. so it COULD just be that my eyes have become more tired looking.. good product, but i think my next bottle i'll try nars sheer glow. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mego

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a fantastic liquid foundation. I have repurchased it, which says a lot for me since I am always on the hunt for my HG foundation. I'm currently using Mac Pro Longwear most days, but I still have this in my makeup drawer and will occasionally use it. It looks beautiful in photos, whereas my other foundation looks white. I have even mixed this in with my other foundation and loved the results. I'll probably have this stuff on hand in my makeup drawer always because I know it will never fail me. Great, buildable coverage and doesn't look too oily on my combination skin. Looks beautiful when applied with the MAC 187 brush and buffed with a kabuki brush. I'm giving four lippies because it really holds on to my dry patches and flakies that occur due to my Retin A. That's the only thing that irritates me about the product.