December 22, 2014 | 1660 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2015 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by purplegirlie

Oh, the love-hate relationship I have with this product! I could sit there and smell it all day long (smells just like my grandmother used to--comforting memories). I love the IDEA behind it. I love the texture of the product. But I HATE the packaging--I'm always dripping it off the brush, staining myself. And even more than that, I HATE the color it turns on me, especially on my lips: orange! Honestly, it makes me look like a messy little girl who gobbled up spaghetti and didn't wipe the sauce off her lips fast enough (you know that orange-ish sort of look tomato-based foods can leave around your mouth). Such a pity--in the bottle, Benetint is so pretty! I've tried everything in the world to counteract the orange effect, but to no avail. On my cheeks, it's more of a red color, but just as unattractive on me. I'm very much a "pink person," and to not get a rosy glow. . . just makes me so sad. :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2006 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Whitewlf00

I bought this stuff because the SA made it look great on my cheeks and lips. He even showed me how to apply it.
But once I started to use it at home it was just too much work, plus I didn't like how it stains your fingers to rub it in.
I wish they would make this more like tarte which is a gel on a stick.
If you can apply it right and you have the patience itll look great.
But if you don't like to spend alot of time on your makeup like me its not the greatest product to get.
Also if you use it on your lips unless they are really smooth it sinks into the grooves so not a great look there either. Would probably look great as a thicker lip gloss though not a watery stain.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2006 11:47:00 AM More reviews by cristalle65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff needs to be a gel, I agree. All I end up with is cherry koolaid color spots on my cheeks and a rather unnatural color on my lips. For me it needs to be more of a cool color. It might look like it in the bottle but it didn't work that way for me after I applied it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't work this stuff on my cheeks; it's too difficult for a spaz like me to get it on evenly. I use it on my lips as a pretty stain. Too inconvenient for me. Maybe if it was a gel, it'd be easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

Love this! I have been wanting it forever and finally received it in a swap. This is so natural looking and stays all day, my HG blush now! I will definitely repurchase when I need to, and I use this every day. Only dislike is the pink finger syndrome...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kierralou2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ahhh....Benetint! We love it, we hate it...but at the end of the day, there just isn't anything else like it! Benetint it the most perfect natural but so so much better and bolder color going! Completely wearable and stunning on lips under just about any gloss it is one of my very very few HG, desert island picks! I was actually turned on to this product in college by a Theatrical MakeUp professor who used it on lips of the males to give definition and color without a truly "lipstick-y" look. On cheeks, try drawing a circle with either High Beam or Moon Beam on each cheek. Then, make an "X" in Benetint inside the circle (do one cheek at a time...we don't want this to dry this way:) and then blend in a circular motion. The HB or MB makes the Benetint creamy enough that it blends and gives a nice natural sheen while the Benetint adds a nice, natural flush since it is a little diluted. Here's the lowdown on Benetint..

PRICE-Not crazy expensive but not cheap, however, it lasts soooooo long it brings the Cost Per Wear to pennies, if that. I am just about out and I've had the bottle for almost 3 years (scary, I know) with every day use on lips and 3to 4x weekly on cheeks.

PACKAGING-Cute and typical of Benefit. Not so sure that I love the glass bottle as far as safety and portability but the newish Pocket Pal pretty much solves that problem. As far as the "nail polish" type applicator, I actually like it. Great for lips and cheeks as long as you use it properly.

SCENT-A little funky...but not overwhelming and for as perfect as this product is, I can handle it.

COLOR-Gorgeous and versatile. You can make of it what you want. Do it under a light dusting of Bronzer for a believable tan (real tans always have just a touch of pink). Wear it with clear gloss for a cherry lip. Do it with lip balm for low maintenance. Try a taupey gloss or a nude (Like MAC Fashion Spread) for an almost mauvey toned down lip. Just play with it...its one of the absolute most versatile products to have in your arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2006 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ania81

I love the idea of this blush - natural looking "just pinched" cheeks, lasting power and no powder to rub off. Even the nail-polish resembling packaging looks cute at first. However, I've grown to dread applying this stain due to the "pink fingers" syndrome it produces. Because you have to blend it with your fingers on the cheeks, the fingers end up stained as well and that just sucks. Who wants to walk around with hands like that?
I think next time I'll have to try those gel blushes that come in a handy stick instead.
I don't plan on purchasing this again however I likely won't even have to because the little bottle lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by KatePacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ditto what EVERYONE else has said! Love this as a stain, but the packaging is very annoying. I love the pinched cheeks look it gives me- great paired with Moonbeam.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by smiles10

benefit does amazing make up and benetint is one of their best. Its long lasting and gives a subtle flush wihtout looking heavy and caked on. My only criticism is that i wasn't great on sensitive prone to break out skin. I would still buy it again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by freudianslipup

Great lip and cheek stain- beautiful natural flush. Perfect for special occasions and more natural makeup days. It smells kind of weird but it lasts forever (both itself, and on you) and it makes lips so sexy. However, it's hard for me to blend it if I am luxuriously applying makeup (that is to say if I don't spread it well immediately after application, and it often has the dreaded obnoxious fuchsia effect on my skin.