BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2056 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 1/19/2007 11:39:00 PM

It works great when i use it w/o foundation but it dosent look so great with foundation. i also dont like putting it on because it makes my fingers pink

on 1/17/2007 10:48:00 AM

Benetint is awesome if you are going for the natural look. The color that it gives to lips and cheeks (at least on my pale skin and unpigmented lips) is completely natural. My lips look healthy and pretty w/o looking made-up. Perfect for the gym and outdoors.
The thing to know about benetint is that it will grab to dry skin in the same way that sunless tanner does and look hideous. Your cheeks and lips have to be prepared before you apply the stain.
For cheeks it works best if you apply 4-5 tiny dots on a well moisturized cheek (just to the apple of your cheek) and then blend with your finger tip. Do one cheek at a time. Voila, a healthy flush!
For lips it works best if your lips are clean (no balm!!!) and not the least bit chapped. I exfoliate my lips with a wet wash cloth, dry them and then apply the benetint. Blend it with your finger tips, let it dry and then do another coat. I let it dry well before putting on balm or gloss for the day.
I have noticed that some balms will lift the stain from your lips. I have found that aquaphor and neutrogena balm work well for a clear balm, dr pepper lip smackers works well for a little pop of color on top of the Bentint and l'oreal juicy tubes work well for a little extra color and gloss. None of those cause the stain to come off even after eating and drinking.
For me Bentint lasts on my cheeks all day and on lips I put it on at 7am and don't need to touch-up until about 5pm!!!
I don't mind the packaging. I leave the large bottle at home and have a pocketpal for my purse.

on 1/15/2007 11:20:00 PM

I got it today and I already love it! I solved the problem of it drying too quickly on my face by dabbing a tiny bit of moisturizer on first and it worked great. It looks fresh and rosy, and shows up very well even underneath my foundation. It gives me a really natural, healthy look. And I love it just as much as a lip stain. I used a q-tip to rub it on, and I can see how there could be a problem with it drying out your lips, but I'm a Burt's Bees lip balm addict anyway so my lips stayed nice and moist and had a great tint that looked completely natural on me the way lipstick never, ever does. I think it's great, I would absolutely buy it again, it's exactly what I've been looking for! And you know, the packaging isn't as bad as everyone says, but I will be cautious about closing it too tightly, keeping it upright, and not dropping it!

on 1/11/2007 1:59:00 AM

Love it. Stays on and stains the lips. Super sheer. I have to put on more than one coat as I have a darker lip I guess but I do love it. I think this is a 5 star product for people that have the skin tone and coloring for it but not for people that don't. It is also great on the cheeks and has incredible staying power even in the hot summer months, it stays on till you take it off but AGAIN, do not buy it unless you like the color on you. If you look at the bottle, what you see if what you get. If you can not imagine that color on you in a sheer form, do not bother because it will not magicallly change to whatever color you were hoping for.

Ugh! Too red! I will never use again. But I will say that this stuff will not come off for the entire day.

on 1/8/2007 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this tint because it gives a natural blushed look. I dab three little dots and pat/blend in. I usually do this quickly and one cheek at a time for fear of staining, but I love this natural looking blush.

on 1/7/2007 10:18:00 PM

I bought this for my lips and not for my cheeks because my cheeks are naturally rosy and anything more red would make me look like a hooker. But my lips have no color to them and so therefore I'll talk about when putting it on your lips. I think this works well but I definitely don't think its worth the price. This is a pretty good stain with pretty good staying power. Overall it is pretty good. All you need is a teeny bit and it goes a long way. You can add more if you would like more intensity. When you first put it on, it looks ugly. Like you drank TOO much kool-aid. But when you put a little on, and you put a clear gloss over it, it looks pretty nice. Don't wear it by itself, put gloss over it and it makes a total difference. What I really wish is if they made this in different shades, like a pinkish or peachy color. I don't think I'm a fan of the red color.

on 1/7/2007 2:43:00 AM

Workes well at staining lips, and chin and fingers and maybe your shirt.
After awhile, the cap broke and spilled all over my other expensive makeup and my oriental rug. You may as well use cherry Kool Aid for the same purpose. $28.00 down the drain..

on 1/3/2007 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I gave this product 2 lippies for price because, while it could be construed as expensive, I'm fairly certain I qill be using the same bottle for the rest of my natural life (with enough left over to bequeathe to a younger friend once that ends). The cost per use has to be so low as to almost necessitate BeneFit sending YOU a check each time you dab it on. I have medium light toned skin with very rosey cheeks, so I don't wear blush. However, when I'm sick, my color completely disappears and I turn into a sallow nightmare - which is where BeneTint comes in. It perfectly matches my ordinary cheek color, so if I'm a bit pale and under the weather I just plop some on and nobody's the wiser. I use it pretty frequently on my lips, as well, overlaid with lip balm or sheer gloss for a nice, natural, stay-put lip tint. I had the BeneTint Lip Tint, but it made my throat scratchy - haven't had that problem with the liquid. I say I'll repurchase but at the rate I'm going I don't think I'll ever need to: my bottle won't end.

on 12/31/2006 12:29:00 AM

Benetint is a quick and easy way to add some color to your face. After blending on the cheeks and lips, the end color is a translucent, dewy rose. Use on well moisturized bare skin or on top of foundation before the powder-- otherwise, this product will not blend well and you will have blotches of red on your cheeks.

In one minute, I'm blessed with a beautiful, "natural" complexion for everybody to see. And it could be that I just rolled out of bed. Great for sleepovers, and nobody is the wiser.

Popular Blush Products