July 31, 2014 | 1901 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2001 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this! just the right pink that makes me look naturally healthy. none of that cheap pink tint which can make you look like a clown. it stays put the whole day and i find that my cheeks' color deepen a bit when i wear this throughout the day (must be the blood vessels becoming more active), but it sure does a pretty job! the m.a. applied it on the apples of my cheeks using Xs, not the usual three dots, and application made the blush look more natural! takes some learning curve to apply though. stains your fingers too, so wash them immediately after application. i use my middle and ring finger together when applying so the middle finger can take off whatever excess blush you might put on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Aubergine10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! It makes for the most perfectly natural-looking blush on my very fair skin.

Powder, cream, and gel blushes tend to look too intense on me, even the lighter colors. This liquid, however, gives me that just-came-in-from-the-healthy-outdoors look I love, and once you rub it in, you can't feel it anymore!

I use it on clean skin before foundation. As other reviewers mentioned, there is a slight learning curve in the application process - it dries really fast, so you have to blend immediately. I put a few strokes over the apple of my cheek, and use my fingers to blend quickly. On the plus side, it's pretty much impossible to make a mistake - you'd have to pour on a *LOT* of the Benetint for it to look fake or too bright.

As a lip tint, it's divine - it makes lips look perfectly, healthily rosy under a clear gloss or balm.

Again, as others have mentioned, the packaging does leave something to be desired. The glass bottle has a tendency to shatter, and the applicator wand doesn't reach the bottom of the container (so you end up not being able to use the last of the Benetint). I'm also a little annoyed by how quickly the white lettering on the bottle chips off.

However, all in all, it's a great product - it leaves you with natural, healthy color that's weightless and sweetly rose-smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2006 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jennicole01

I used this in college on my cheeks and lips... and LOVED IT! Such a pretty, pretty color. The only drawback is the terrible packaging. I broke it early on, so it always leaked everywhere and I eventually had to throw it away when I moved. With a stain, I think the package should be sturdier.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ksu95

Great product, looks very natural on my skin and lips. I only apply a small amount otherwise my cheeks look way too red, I brush on a few strokes, rub it in with my fingers and the end result: a healthy natural-looking blush. I don't wear lipstick because I hate feeling that stuff on my lips, but since this product is just a dye , it absorbs into the skin and there is absolutely no residue. I use it on my lips sometimes in the evenings for extra color. I don't get the point of packaging this blush like a nailpolish, I would so prefer it to be a roll-on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sarathan

I had this bottle an entire year before I finally decided to try it on my cheeks...can you believe that?? I'd only been using it as a lip stain before that (which I love). So a few days I decided to dab a little on my cheeks just to see....OMG, I loved it!! It gives me the most natual rosey glow that lasts all day. It's subtle, you would never guess I'm wearing blush. It makes my cheeks look like I've been outside in 20-degree weather. I haven't had any problems getting it blend it like some of the other reviewers on here. I just make a little 'X' on the apple of my cheeks and blend it with my fingers... works perfectly! I will definiteley buy again when it runs out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

The idea is there, but it is not the most user friendly. It is too liquid-y. It should be in gel form and the brush should be more of a lip gloss-like fuzzy wand for better application. The liquid dried too quickly and I ended up with dots on my face instead of cheek color. When applied to lips, it bled ouside the lipline. I wanted this to work so much!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by crob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a great idea but a disappointment in its execution. I don't consider my skin to be that dry but it set like indelible ink as blush and defied all attempts at blending.

As a lipstain it was hopeless on me - it leeched up into the vertical fine lines above my lips. Urrgh!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

I had such high hopes for this. Unfortunately, it was a great disappointment. The packaging was so impractical, I was worried I d spill it everywhere (I am clumsy like that), didn't look as natural as I d hoped, and for some reason the scent made me feel like I was going to throw up every time I used it. Was not worth the hassle for me. Fortunately, a friend of mine liked the idea of a liquid blush, so it found a good home :)
PS: I found that TBS Lip and Cheek Tint does a better job at a much better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by brooklyn7

Love the colour and scent. Needs a bit of practice as it is a liquid and you have to blend really quickly. Can't feel it on your skin which is great. You have to be careful to blend lightly over foundation or it can mess with your make up. A shame the lettering rubs off the glass bottle. Also I had one bottle which I dropped and broke but I have purchased again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Orion_2003

First of all, it looks like a nail polish (but I bet you know that already). It's pretty difficult for the first time use when you try to even out the streaks you put on your face. Mind you, it dries out very quick. So, as suggested by previous reviewers, do it on one cheek at a time. My technique is to dab the tint on my finger instead of the cheek and then gently dab it on my face wherever I want. It takes a bit of time and practice. In my case, it's better than put it straight over my cheeck. I also use it on my lips as well. Minus-side, it won't look good if you have cysts on your cheeks. I think it's only beautiful if you have even complexion. Plus-side, very economical because it usually lasts all day.