BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2033 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 12/5/2006 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Skin: cool toned NW15

Eyes: light brown

Hair: dyed dark red

Benetint has many devoted fans, but I, sadly, am not one of them. The stain just doesn't work on my dry skin unless I am exfoliated and moisturized to within an inch of my life--and then, when I manage to obtain that level of perfection, the stain doesn't last all day because I'm too moisturized. Benetint also burns my lips. The color is a ho-hum watery cherry popsicle-like stain.

on 12/4/2006 12:04:00 AM

I really like this product, I have tried other stains and this one is by far my favorite. It would go with any skin color and look just perfectly flushed. I have used it on my lips and it's not as good but as a cheek stain it is absolutly magnificent!!!

on 12/2/2006 5:48:00 PM

LOVE this product! Easy to use, and looks fabulous! It pretty much goes with any skin colour! I love the multipurpose-ness of it and often use it as a lip stain. The more layers you add the deeper colour it will go, therefore you control what colour you want. I will definetly re-purchase when I run out!

on 12/1/2006 10:05:00 AM

I took a chance on this item based on positive reviews and I really like it a lot.

I am just a few weeks from my 40th birthday and I take really good care of my skin. I am rather fair skinned with green eyes and red hair (still my own color! yay!)and I must say the benetint works well. I often have to be careful about shades, etc. But the reviewers said this product would work for anyone and it's really true. I put a couple drops on the apple of my cheeks and my lips and it just gives me a healthy glow. I like the natural look rather than overly made up so this works real well for me. It works equally well with or without foundation. I highly recommend trying it and am happy to have found it myself.

on 11/28/2006 6:12:00 PM

This is great, a real staple. You can build it up gradually, and I find it has great staying power. It gives me a lovely and very natural 'flush' and blends nicely. Great stuff, just be careful with the packaging: my white plastic lid cracked and it leaked over my make-up bad and coat and boy does this stuff stain. It is so great I have forgiven it though :o)

on 11/27/2006 11:40:00 PM

i only use benetint on my lips and it's great! it stays on forever and makes your lips look naturally pinky-red, rather than lipstick-y. make sure to use lip balm after you apply on bare lips. . .

on 11/27/2006 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like Benetint, but I could have liked it more. I was reeled in more out of curiousity than any kind of lemming, I had not tried it at the counter, so I put my money in the hands of lady luck. It is a nice stain for the cheeks, although I'm hard pressed to say that the "universally flattering" tagline for this product is accurate. I have olive/warm skin, and I need to be very careful with the application otherwise I am left with a very unnatural fuschia flush. Applying on my lips needs to also be done in extreme moderation, and this formula, due to it's alcohol content, is extremely drying. I'm thankful that this is a stain and that I can safely apply lip balm on top without worrying that I will smear the color. What I like about Benetint is that it plays well with others. I can apply this over a powdered and finished face without worrying that it'll make my foundation migrate elsewhere. I love applying this over and/or under Georgia - that gives it the missing orange tint which my warm skintone needs. Now that my curiousity has been satisfied, I don't see myself purchasing this product again at it's current price - I doubt, though, that I'd have to - this bottle will probably last me until I have three chidren, a dog, and a home on the prairie.

on 11/22/2006 6:20:00 PM

Benefit Benetint is multi purpose product. I like it best on the cheeks before putting on tinted moisturizer. Some people like it on the lips, although I think it can be drying so use a lip balm before hand. It's even used on nipples on movie sets to add that flush. It's a great product if used correctly. You do have to work very quickly with it otherwise it looks blotchy. The price is great because the product lasts for over a year.Just make sure not to spill it on the carpet. And I don't like traveling with it too much. This product really does stain!!!!

on 11/22/2006 11:09:00 AM

I used to wear this before I discovered blendable cream blush. The thin liquid formula is awful. It sinks into your skin way before you can even attempt to blend it. Then, if you do manage to get some on your cheeks, the color is SO bright that you end up looking like you are either really hot or else a clown. I got so many comments asking me if I was having a hot flash, that I had to stop using it (I'm in my 20's). Finally I saw a photo of myself with it on and I was mortified! My cheeks were HOT PINK! Don't buy! There are way better products out there. Maybe it is ok for a lip stain but not for me. I threw it out!

on 11/21/2006 3:40:00 PM

I used to own this and liked it, but it was a bit of a hassle to apply. It sinks into your skin, so I would apply it and then half an hour later all the color would have disappeared so I would have to apply more. I did like the smell and the fact that it doesn't feel like you're wearing any blush, that was very nice.
However, I agree with the other reviewers that the bottle it comes in kind of sucks. I don't even know how it happened but the lid cracked and then it wouldn't close properly and half the bottle dried up. :(

Popular Blush Products