MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

When my Shiseido cream e/l finished, I was looking for a cheaper replacement. The MAC one only costs $18 CND so I gave it a try. Bad idea, since whenever I tried dipping in my 212 brush (or any other brush), the brush would just sink in. The consistency of the product was so thin, maybe some people like that in a liner, but it was not useful to me because of the brushes I use. It was virtually impossible to get the brush tip tapered to make a thin line on my lid. I did end up returning it, and have purchased the Shiseido cream e/l once again.

After going through three pots of Bobbi Brown's Gel liner, I decided to try something new and cheaper since the economy is so bad these days. I really liked BB's gel liner because it didn't smudge on me and I ALWAYS used Urban Decay's primer potion - this could be why the liner lasted on my eyes without much smudging!. Anyway, I've tried Clinique's cream liner before but sadly, it smudged on me WITH or WITHOUT the primer. Btw, thank you for the reviews everyone. The competition between BB and MAC is pretty close but I noticed that more people have tried MAC's fluidline...so I gave it a shot. BB and MAC both are 0.1 oz./ 3 g but MAC costs less. Good deal! I used it and I actually love it! It applies way smoother than BB and it hasn't smudged on me. I admit, I am using the primer potion with it. I remember my cousin using it before without the primer and she told me that it smudged on her...but after using the primer she said that fluidline stay put and didn't smudge. Seriously, I don't think you can find a liner that won't smudge on you! Nothing is perfect~ Use the primer potion, it really helps! =) Anyway, I think I'll stick to MAC's fluidline (black track) because of the smoother application...BB tends to dry out faster in the pot and flake on you later on...A word of advice, you have to mix the gel cream every now and then so that it doesn't dry out in the pot. BB gel liner in black is a wee bit richer than MAC's fluidline in black track. Hope this helps!

P.S. - I use MAC's small angle brush 263 for application.

if you have oily eyelids, YOU NEED PRIMER or else the stuff will be all over ur bottom eye area like a raccoon! the colour is intense which i like and its fun to apply with an angled brush. you can't really smudge it and its too intense for me to use on my waterline. it will last forever making it cost effective

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the best liner I've used. Its a little tricky to use if you're used to liquid or pencil but once you're used to it, the different types of lines you can create makes it very versatile and the staying power is quite good too. If I had to say a con, it would be that you'd have to have a brush to apply it. I personally like using MAC 311 brush.

I've had the same pot of fluidline for nearly a year now and I'm not even halfway through, even though I use it everyday. So even though it's tiny bit pricier than your average drugstore liner (which normally work as well as high end brands), it'll probably last a lot longer.

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

I really like this. Very black. Love the texture. It lasts all day w/ no smearing.

It took me a while to warm up to gel liners, but now that I've mastered my technique, I love it. When I first purchased, I applied with My Sonia Kashuk bent liner brush. This did the job, but I thought I could do better.

Now I apply with the MAC 231 brush. I don't sweep in over my lashline, but push at the lashline until I get a uniform line across. It looks really nice and clean. It's also much easier.

This is my HG gel eyeliner. Its waaay better than liquid liners and has immense staying power, its super waterproof. I have quite a small crease, and with other liners, they leave marks on my lid, but this one doesn't! I love this so much and recommend it to everyone!

love it so creamy,easy to use and is true to color!

This is by far my fav product from MAC...I can't live w/o it! It glides on so smooth and does not smudge! It takes a few trys to get the hang of applying it but after a while it's super easy to use! Gives you a lot more contol then liquid liners!!!!

One of my must have products. I bought my fluidline last year and I still have quite a bit now! I love it this is the only eyeliner I will go back to buying time and time again. Easy application once you get the hang of things and also this eyeliner is the only eyeliner that doesn't smudge on my lower lashes! Definitely will be repurchasing soon :]

This is my favorite eyeliner! it's goes on perfect and precise with the eyeliner mac brush and stays all day long without smudging.