MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 5/26/2009 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

MAC Blacktrack Fluidline is such a beautiful liner that creates perfectly defined eyes. I use this with their 208 angled brush and the results always come out flawlessly. The very first day I wore this, I got complemented on how great my eyeliner looked; that's a first for me! You only need a small amount on the brush for each eye, meaning this will last me ages. This is my favourite eyeliner for tightlining and it works wonderfully with my 208 brush. I never knew how much of a difference tightlining made your eyes look; it makes them pop in an incredible, yet subtle way; providing fully defined eyes and leaving them looking fabulous. (Tightlining just means lining right along the upper lashes, so there's no gaps in between your lashes, making them appear thicker). I love the consistency; it's thick and creamy and just glides along your skin, creating the perfect line of jet black inky goodness. It lasts all day without a hint of smudging or wear and remains looking flawless and fresh even through heavy rain. Before this, I was using Revlon Colourstay and it made my eyes all itchy and irritated. But this is gentle and non irritating and I absolutely love the way it makes eyes look beautiful and perfectly defined.

on 5/24/2009 4:13:00 PM

This is my HG eyeliner, I'm East Indian so of course black eyeliner is a must for me. It's really easy to apply (I use the 266 but people have had excellent results using cheaper brushes like small watercolour brushes from art supply shops) and stays all day. It does get a bit dry but I just lightly tap my brush in water and then apply and it works beautifully.

on 5/23/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMG , i loveeeeeee this eyeliner ! i think it's my HG eyeliner ! it's so awesome, it doesn't smudge, it's pretty easy to apply and it stays on for hours and hours !! <3

on 5/23/2009 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Pro's:
+Stays put the whole day with minimal fading
+Very dark, especially when applied with a damp brush
+Stands up through water; I can go swimming and it's still mostly there
+Easy to apply and easy to remove with makeup remover
+Lasts a very long time (good value! 1 pot has lasted me nearly a year with daily use)

Con's:
-It will smudge and dissapear if you rub your eyes.. but that's a bit of a given, and will happen with almost any liner

All in all this is the best eyeliner I've ever used! I don't think I'll ever use another brand for my cat-eye look. I use it daily with no irritation and I even sleep with it on; still no irritation. I would highly reccomend this and will keep purchasing it as my HG of eyeliners.

I hope you found my review useful. :)

-Alice (Reaper)

continued >>

on 5/23/2009 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this. I use it primarily for tightlining with an angled brush and it works brilliantly. Needs a minute to dry, but once it has it doesn't budge all day. Very easy to work with, great texture. As a liner on the upper lash line it did smudge a bit, but think that was partly because of the shape of my eyes! If you smudge over it with some e/s it looks great. I'm not the most experienced gel e/l user but this is great once you get the hang of it. A good brush is essential. A staple in my collection.

on 5/22/2009 6:45:00 PM

I've heard lots of people rave about this. It's not my HG gel liner though but its not terrible. It creases way too easily even when I use UDPP or Shadow Insurance.

on 5/22/2009 6:29:00 PM

Its hard to get used to applying your eyeliner on with an angled brush and going from an easy pencil liner to a cream based product, but I love the effect it gives when making that wing for your eyes. Definitely worth relearning makeup application methods just to get that precise look.

The only thing that takes getting used to is clean up after each use. I'm not always in the mood to wash my brush afterwards, and I can't stand the idea of leaving it like that till the next time I need it.

on 5/22/2009 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One bad experience turned me to this product, I love it no turning back and does it stay on or what. I love all of the colours!

on 5/21/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this liner because not only is it very dark and easy to work with, it also lasts. I have oily eyelids and this liner doesn't smudge at the end of the day like other liners. The only problem that I have had with this liner is that I tend to have teary eyes so it does make the fluidline come off a lil bit, but I would still say that this is my favorite liner everr. Love love loveeee it~ Infact, I just ran out of it so I have to go get more asap.

on 5/20/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This liner puts all other fluidlines to shame!!
Before I bought this I was using Loreal hip "truth"..and the color was creamy for a couple of days, then it got hard and difficult to manage. For a couple bucks more you can get blacktrack which is 1000000000% better. It doesnt crease, its smooth and creamy, I love the packaging, it's a true black(you get that bold black sexy line on your eye after lining it with blacktrack)

Thank God I found this.
This is a must have for EVERY woman