August 20, 2014 | 1922 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

*sigh* the good thing about this foundation is that it does stay on oily skin and it did not break me out. It felt light on my face like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all. What Id idn't like is that it oxidized on me and I looked orange after an hour. Oh well.

*edit* I tried this foundation again, this time in a different color. No orange color this time. The only thing I can say bad about it is that the color is still not a perfect match but for the coverage, the feel of the foundation and the time that it does last, I don't have much to complain about this time :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by melimited

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros: covers well, similar to revlon color stay but more natural. Doesn't oxidize on me!!! a big big plus ( first one ever).

cons: made me itch whenever i feel like sweat is coming :(((
kinda clumps up into little..island on my face afte about 5 hours.

sigh........really liked it... i'll give it another try lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by vbirch

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

just bought this amazing foundation. really didn't think i would like it because of my dry skin but enough moisturizer and wow i now have flawless skin. we have had some very warm days and this has held up well. now looking forward to the summer months with beautiful skin instead of a shiny face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkii

This is my HG foundation by far!!! I will never be on the search for another foundation again (hopefully it never gets discontinued). I read a couple of reviews on here and would read all these great things about it. About 2 years ago maybe I decided to give in and pick it up. I went to my Estee Lauder counter and the lady told me she would first give me samples to try out. She gave me samples of the Double Wear Light in the lightest shade. Tried it out on my then oily acne prone skin and really liked it. The best part of it all was the great coverage it provided. I bought the bottle and was really happy with it. Im the type that is always looking to see what else is out there eventhough I like what I use, so sure enough I thought I would give Double Wear a try without being the light version. Now I have normal to dry skin and are clear of breakouts (thankfully) and have loved by DW like no other. Again coverage is amazing, staying power is awesome. I don't have to touch up at all, I can even say that after using this foundation I dont even wear powder to set it anymore. It looks natural and what I really like about it is that when my fingers come in contact with my face I get the feeling that Im not even wearing makeup. Its totally non transferable with any clothes or anything. Since the staying power is so great I do make sure to remove all traces at night. I haven't had any problems so far and dont think I will. I was an NC15 at Mac and now Im the color bone for DW and its the perfect shade for my skin. Price is reasonable for the amount you get and for how long it lasts. My one ripe that I had was it not having a pump, then I discovered something. Ladies by a Mac pump I believe they are about 5 dollars or so and with some scissors cut about half an inch or so from the bottom of the pump because it will be too long if you dont, and insert it to your DW foundation :) works perfectly after you cut it. Hope this helps people out there that have problem areas to cover up. I dont even wear concealer sometimes and now that my skin is doing great I use very little product. Love Estee Lauder!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by kittypuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really confused about this foundation. I really love EL product and also the DW. It saved me during the winter with its great coverage and lasting abilities. However, it's really hard to blend it:( I mean, i tried so many techniques with my fingers, sponges, elf flat top brush or my mac 187. It doesn't matter how much moisturizer i put on, it still look so thick and cakey. I tried to mix it with my moist. and it kinda worked better but still, i am keeping it for evening plans. The colors are very limited as i am NW20, fresco is a little dark for me whereas bone seems not to cover my acne scars because it's too light. Anyway i own these two colors. Also I don't love the packaging, i always end up having some stuff around the bottle but no big deal. I'll try DWLight nex time. Hope it's helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by edhardyluv

love it
i have breakout and really red skin i mean it looks so bad without make up when i have this on u wouldnt even believe how my skin looks underneath and it doesnt make me look cakey at all i would repurchase its kinda pricy but well worth and a lil goes along way

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by kvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation!

I have normal to dry skin, so I was a bit wary of a long-lasting mattifying foundation, but I really really like it. They have a great shade for my skintone, and sometimes I think full-coverage is nice ;)
The staying power is phenomenal, and it doesn't crease on my eyelids.

Cons - there's something about the smell I don't quite like, but it's not like you can smell it while you wear it.
I also don't like the feeling of this foundation when I touch my skin - it feels fine to wear, and lightweight for something with so much coverage, but it just feels a bit... squeaky (?) to touch? By the time I've done my blush and bronzer that's dealt with though.
And lastly - no pump.

I would definitely reccommend this product - just be sure you've got well moisturised skin and a damn good makeup remover!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by angelcake910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Only reason I'm not buying this again is because I'm trying to stay away from foundations that clog my pores . . . but besides that, double wear was PERFECT. I repeated this product about 2, 3 years.
I loved the yellow-toned colors because it's so hard to find! I used "Sand" on summer and "Bone" on winter.
It has a beautiful coverage, make pores disappear, hides almost everything, and made my skin look clear and smooth instantly. All you have to do is settle with very fine, light powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ArkAngel21

I'll keep this short. I'm reserving my praise for other worthy products.

The colour selection range is poor. I did not heed previous reviews which stated that Estee Lauder is not technically "up there" in producing appropriate foundation colours for yellow-toned skin. I was an orange (thank you to my boyfriend for supplying the word!)

In addition, I applied ONE coat / layer of this foundation (with a MAC brush I may add!) I think the era I'm searching for is pre-French Revolution. Actually I was reminded of the Antionette-esque aristocracy with their caked and unflattering looks.

Yes the staying power was amazing; it lasted for 6 hours before I needed to blot, however that is the only reason I saw fit to to add 2 lippies.

Overall, I was severely disappointed with this foundation. I pride myself with compliments on the state of my face (Yes I'm emotionally needy... so shoot me!) and NOT ONE was supplied in response to using this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by HoNeYBuNc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy moly, this is amazing. I live in a humid and really hot climate and got stuck in a four hour traffic jam in the sun. When I finally got to work I thought and felt like something the cat had dragged in. Surprise, my face still looked flawless! Pity about the bottle, would have preferred a pump bottle instead but it's something I can live with. I have tried so many expensive foundations, but this is staying with me. Pity it took me so long to realise. I am very fair skinned and thought the assistant had given me a wrong colour because it looked somewhat dark in the bottle, but it goes on and matches me perfectly. Wow product!