October 20, 2014 | 1551 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by BeeStrong

I love this product. I have never experienced a foundation that covers completely. In my opinion this foundation is worth the price, based on the quality it produces.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by espinovale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this foundation in Bone and I love it because I didn't have to blot as often. I used to wear Mac studio fix nc15, iwas bumed because my new foudation did ot come with a pump so decided to try the pump from the Studio fix and it worked.....they sell for@$4.50 at the Mac counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Have worn DW for several years now. Occasionally I try other foundations, but always end up using DW again. Fresco is a good match for me, although I will use Dusk powder on top once in awhile. I do not find it too heavy, but I apply it with a light hand, using either a foundation brush or the dampened SK purple sponge. I wear it over BB Vitamin Base, I do find that DW applies best with a good moisturizer underneath, and make sure you exfoliate if needed, as this really emphasizes any flaky patches. I don't find it heavy, tight, or masklike if you apply lightly. One of the benefits is that I don't have to wear undereye concealer with DW. I do wish the bottle had a pump or it was in a tube, but it's worth the trouble. My skin doesn't look exactly flawless with this (I have some age spots and discoloration which peek through), but it looks smooth, polished and professional. I am a nurse and it's the only foundation I have found that lasts during my entire shift, or in the southern california summer. Hope they never d/c this foundation...
    ADDENDUM: Soon after leaving the above review, I noticed that the Fresco was too dark in the sunlight. I have been religously using sunscreen, and think I haven't made the adjustment to having much lighter skin now. Went to the counter and the SA matched me with Ecru, a much better color for me now (MAC SA told me I was NW20). Also bought a MAC foundation pump ($5) and love DW again...
    UPDATE: Wore this for years. Last year, at the age of 51, I noticed I wasn't getting compliments on my skin anymore. I changed to a lighter foundation and people started commenting again on my complexion. I am coming around to the belief that for us older ladies, less coverage is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i agree. it's hard to work with, compared with other liquids. you have to use a serum or primer underneath, and most people would prefer the finish if applied with a moistened latex sponge. it's also not the easiest to remove and can cause breakouts. but wheat is absolutely the perfect shade for me, and it wears really well, even on the most humid of days in honolulu. besides what i've already mentioned, my strategy for working with this is to pour out a little bit on the bit of skin between my thumb and forefinger on the side of my hand and smooth it on with a dampened sonia kashuk's purple sponge. with a light dusting of laura mercier's loose powder on top, i feel as if my skin has the perfect medium-full coverage finish. it can be made more sheer by adding a bit of moisturizer. great for those days at work when i have to be in an executive meeting, or those nights out on the town, or at weekend weddings.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by princessmimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have switched many foundations and often have been let down horribly, but was introduced to estee laudr double wear through a friend at first I was sceptical but nevertheless tried it anyway, i started off with double wear light and was disappointed by it as it didnt provide coverage at all. Then i switched to double wear and I was immediately hooked i try many fouindations and always end up coming back to this one i use this in the colour henna and it is absolutely amazing i apply a primer underneath but after a while had no need to. This truly is an amazing foundation and not only that when i go out at night it makes me look very glamorous...i apply true match super blendable power on top of it just to make it stay in place and it looks amazing, i have very liney eyes and this product came out tops, I would recommend this to anyone. Also living in Cape Town the weather tends to change alot and i find this make up lasts through it all. I don't need any extra's once i have this on and also it now is not a mission for me to apply make up. The selling price is R345,00 but i find it's worth it, because one bottle lasts really long for me and I would rather pay more for quality that lasts long as apposed to something cheap that doesn't even cover properly, and for my skintone this works absolutely amazing...I love estee luader double wear (~^,)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I would call this HG - but it definitely is my favorite so far. I have tried a TON of different foundations over the past year and a half, and Estee Lauder is just about exactly what I am looking for. My only gripes are that it doesn't have a pump and it doesn't last all day. I can put this on at around 9am and around 5pm it still looks fairly good, but after that it starts to wear off. It makes it through my shift, though - so that's all that really matters to me as a waitress.

I really love the coverage that this foundation provides, and it doesn't break me out. I use the d-w light in the summer, and the regular d-w in the winter. The shade selection is pretty good. I get super pale in the winter - I don't tan - and Ecru is the perfect shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by joolz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure actually I would purchase this product. I am still looking for my HG foundation. I tried this on at Saks EL counter - I have oily skin that can break out (MAC face & body made me break out) and large pores. The MUA applied the Idealist product which made my pores disappear, but that's silicone filling in your pores, right? Then she put on moisturizer which made me wonder why since it was a humid day and I don't have dry skin. Then she applied the regular formula DW, which was fine with me since my skin isn't clear of marks. She used Ivory Beige (I'm MAC NC35) and it was an ok match. It went on nice but I didn't look to see how it went on. I looked when she was done and I had great coverage, my pores were almost invisible and my skin felt dewy.
    I walked out without purchasing because I wanted to see how it worked on me. Anyway, out in the natural light, I did feel as if I had a mask on. It's not a natural look but instead highly polished which I'm not fond of unless the occasion calls for it. Yes, it doesn't move and even though some comes off on tissue when I blot, it's not removed. So the formula is good, but I prefer something more natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 More reviews by mandycool01

Hmmm. I bought this because i need something with more coverage than my usual mufe hd. Im nc 20. I bought Bone, which is a tad light but since its winter I think it will be an okay color. This foundation smells and feels like PX virtual matte (i despise the smell of that). It doesnt smell like sunscreen, it smells like plastic chemicals. So, right of the bat I was disappointed because of that. However, applied correctly, this foundation doesnt transfer at all. I have oily skin, and all transfer resistant foundations that i have tried all fail. Except this one! It is a tad drying/matte, so I use a light moisturizer, my shiseido 55, then apply this foundation. Using too much can make it chalky. One thick layer is good, i barely have to use concealor after....i can go all day without worrying what my makeup looks like! Such a relief! update:my skin became a little dry, and i cant even get this mu to spread nicely, even on top of moistrurized skin...just too chalky most of the time....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product lasts all day on my face when I wear it. I have found it to be transfer-resistant, smudge-resistant, and even water-resistant. It has a slight smell to it, because it has a sunblock in it. However, the slight sunblock smell is clearly overided by how well this foundation performs.

Also, I wish that the colors for the foundation consisted of more true skintone shades. However, the foundation is still a good buy nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Mizumi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using some samples of this foundation for 3 weeks (I ran around Stockholm looking for Estée Lauder counters and got samples) and so far it is truly the best foundation I've ever tried. It looks really natural and you get medium coverage, but can be sheered downed if wanted. The staying power is really great, for the first time my make up looks the same on me when I go to school as I get home in the afternoon.
    However I will not purchase this since it's quite expensive in Sweden (almost 60$) and I still want some more coverage, So I will probably get the RCMA foundation soon.

Still it is an exceptional foundation!