April 23, 2014 | 1736 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2057 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by maclove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first purchased this concealer in NW20 last year and I wasn't sucessful with it. I thought it didn't cover well and looked really cakey. I decided to give it another chance and bought it in early Janurary of this year and I love it! One thing about this concealer is that you really have to know how to work with heavy, full, opaque coverage concealers or you won't like this product. I apply it to blemishes using a 194 brush from MAC. I think the 194 is great because it is great for precise areas. I would suggest the 242 for undereye for this concealer. This concealer can look cakey, but you have to apply it right for it to look good. You take a little bit on your brush and apply it to the desired area using stippling motions to blend blend the edges first. If you need more coverage, take a little bit more on your brush and apply another layer. If you throw a ton on at once, it will look cakey. I have covered undereye, blemish, redness, and even birth marks, moles and beauty marks with this and it covers really well. You get so much product for your money as well. A little bit goes a long way. I really love this concealer and would suggest it to anyone looking for a great full coverage concealer. But definitly have a MAC Artist tell you how to use it if you are unfamilliar with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by queensupreme

At first, I had received a sample of this product in NW20. The MA gave me a very little amount, but it lasted for 2-3 weeks. At first, I would apply my eye cream, then immediately apply this concealer over top. Throughout the day, I noticed caking and dryness from this product. I took off two lippies because 1) the cakiness and dryness; 2) because it doesn't conceal as well as I hoped by itself. I ended up purchasing the Bobbi Brown corrector, and I also bought the full size of this MAC concealer. I apply my eye cream, then corrector, and then this concealer. I find that with the corrector, it really helps alleviate the cakiness and dryness of the MAC. So with the BB corrector and MAC concealer duo, my intensely dark circles are gone!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by brokeassprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for covering dark circles. However, it is very thick, and it settles on my fine lines, making me look 10 years older. I stopped using this product because I find that liquid concealers work much better for me. This is a great concealer for people that are looking for full coverage, and don't mind the thickness of the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a pretty good concealer, I dont use it to conceal any scars or anything, I instead use my dermablend cover creme which is like super coverage so, I use this as an undereye circle concealer, it can sometimes be a lil too dry, but thats my fault because I dont moisturize that part of my eye as well as I should, but over all this is a pretty good concealer for under my eyes, and I also use it when I get my brows threaded to make them look perfect, I apply it just below the brow and just above, to make them stand out, it looks very natural and clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by bluestarjcf

NEW REVIEW:
For the past few months, I have been using this concealer on its own without using and primer, and I absolutely love it. I normally set it with blotting powder as I have oily skin, and it works prefectly. It doesn't wear off easily, and I have worn this for a good 18 hours straight, and it looked perfect, like I had just done my makeup. It cover blemishes really well, and you don't have to use a lot of cover blemishes. I will definately be repurchasing this product. I use have been using a sponge to blend the product in and find it much easier to work with now than using fingers.
OLD REVIEW:
I absolutely love this product. It works really well with any foundation, and is so easy to blend in!! I have really sensitive skin, and break out really easily, but since using this, i had had absolutely no problem. But i would recommend using a concealer brush, as its hard to blend it in with your fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

Years ago I used to use this but in the make up form. I loved it but it was too heavy as a make up. I was looking for a good concealer to go with my Halo powder and remembered this one. It is great! I use it on acne scars and any spots I want to give extra SPF protection. The key is to just use a tiny bit with a synthetic brush ( I use my Ecotools brush). Use the back of the brush to scoop it out onto the back of your hand and dab it on. I wash the brush every day. The great thing about MAC is that they have so many colour choices! This product does not make me break out at all! Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG concealer, I could not live without this product. Well I could, but I wouldn't want to :) I have gone through so many concealers to help cover my dark circles and acne marks. This stuff is incredible. The price is reasonable, color match is perfect, the consistency is creamy and easy to apply, yet it also manages to have awesome coverage and lasts all day and night. This never gets cakey, even under my eyes, and is so high coverage that just a dab covers even the angriest, reddest spots. It doesn't break me out either. I don't love the pot because it doesn't seem too sanitary, but it's small and easy to throw in my makeup bag. Love and will repurchase but I've been using the same pot for over a year and still have half of it remaining.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by TGarofalo54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

covers red on skin like non other

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is an okay concealer. I use it now, because it's what I have, but when I'm finished it, I'll be moving on. It's a little too dry for me, but it covers fairly well. I use it mostly to cover redness and blemishes, which it does alright job of. It's too dry to use undereye, though, which means I have to use another concealer for that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Krisababy

Im sorry but i hate this concealer, no matter what i do it cakes and emphasises lines. I cannot use it beneath my eyes no matter how lightly ive applied it, ive tried doing it with my fingers, brushes, sponges but everything just makes it cake and emphasise lines - when i look at myself in the mirror i dont have lines beneath my eyes but when i put this concealer on i do! i would look over it if i was particuarly wrinkled but i am not! The reason i gave it 2 out of 5 instead of 1 is because it works alright over spots but because i dont tend to get a lot of spots its not worth my while purchasing again, i suppose i should of tried alternatives in store before going with my gut and purchasing this one. will not buy again!