January 30, 2015 | 2040 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by dewilot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great concealer and does cover blemishes, scars, lines etc etc BUT it is quite oily and thick and it does make me breakout from time to time and definitly doesnt help eliminiate the spots or pores I'm trying to cover. consequently i end up wearing more to cover my new spots!!
does its job and does last for ages - iv had mine for nearly 2yrs and its only halfway even though i use it everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by be787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to find a concealer that could cover up my pigmented acne scars and after the MA at mac told me this could cover tatoos I decided to go for it and purchase. I was matched with an orange toned concealer to counter act the darkness under my eyes and the scars.

It was a great concealer when i warmed it slightly by tapping my fourth finger into the pot and then patting and blending it on my scars and wherever I needed.

The pot does last a long time for the price but now my concern is that:

1) any heat makes it slide around even when you try to set it with powder and eventually reveal what you were trying to hide
2) breakouts! it took me awhile to notice that the general areas on my cheeks that I used the concealer on ended up having white heads forming by the end of the day

I will not be repurchasing from mac I might try MUFE once this pot is done because I can't bring myself to throw out such an expensive concealer.

EDIT: I now use a primer, apply my foundation first and then apply the concealer, set with powder and have found this to be a great concealer after all. Light texture, very opaque and a little definitely goes a long way- just takes some time to learn how to use the product for your skin type.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

I feel like this is thick but not creamy. I just don't like it at all. I feel like it settles into my lines. Theres better concealers out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a heavyweight stuff. Extremly thick yet blendable, but it is like an advanced product.. Gossip says it is a same product like the Mac Pro Full Coverage Foundation- don't know if it is right but could be. I have extremly dry skin with some relevant dark under-eye circles and major ruddiness in my cheeks, so i need something that is the pure power. BB, Px, and even Vichy Dermablend failed. I didn't pay much attention to this product but when MA at the counter applied on a half of my face while she left the other as it was -Px- the difference was incredible.
I use with the Clarins Instant Snooth primer underneath as this was the only primer that provides the most amazing surgace for the Studio Finish, i tried with many many other primers but this combination is the absolute hit. Last all day doesn't cake and no melting away. love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

STUDIO FINISH NC 45. I am NC50. I use this with NW40 Pro Longwear concealer on the inside of my face and Studio Sculpt NC50 on the outside of my face with Format blush every day for work and I look immaculate. They all compliment each other so well. I also have very dry skin and none of these products dry my out or break me out. I also don't use anything but my regular Cetaphil or BWC unscented lotion underneath. I will continue to use these until MAC stops making them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This concealer is very thick and buildable.
Used with a sponge it blends well with my skin.
Sadly, about 2 hours after I put it on it 'melts' and migrates to other parts of my face, looking obvious.
I've tried it under foundation, under powder, over foundation and nothing helps it stay put : (
It is good full coverage but I want something that doesn't wear off or move around through the day.
It also rubs off very easily onto clothing or anything that touches my face.
Cover Girl and L'oreal concealers perform better than this for a fraction of the price.
Definitely won't buy again and I'm probably going to take it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

I really like this concealer. It gives me great coverage and it really hides my dark circles under the eyes. I love the idea that is has SPF!!!!! The texture is a bit too thick though. And sometimes when I open the container, there would be like an oily residoo on the side of the container... -____-'' WEIRD! other than that great product... "might" be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I use the Studio Finish concealer in NW25 and love it. It blends perfectly into my foundation (Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Sand Beige). I used to use the MAC Studio Sculpt concealer but switched to this one when I realized it was a little less expensive for more product. In my opinion this concealer is a full coverage, although it is described on the MAC website as "opaque" coverage. I like the fact that it is SPF 35, even though I always wear sunscreen under my makeup anyway (Eucerin Daily Face SPF 30).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by shaiomay1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Mac products, but this concealer sucks. I have dry under eyes and this only made them worse. It caked up, so I will not be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by margaretdavis009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product can be great for undereye circles, but you must get it in the right shade. get it the same color as your foundation or it wont cover very long. i do not like this product however because i have dry skin and this dried and caked up under my eyes. this also faded during the day, which was horrid cause i could see my dark circles!