MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

I really wanted to like this product. This concealer had been on my "wish list" for a couple of weeks (only reason I hadn't purchased this was fear that it would break out) & in one of my trips to my local Nordstrom I picked this baby up. The MUA that helped me pick my color out & tried it on me...it was great. I also tried the MSF natural in medium plus, bought both items. I walked out of the mall with a flawless face...so nice! My skin at that time was "behaving" itself. A couple of days after using this concealer & the MSF natural I started breaking out! I was so dissapointed! I retured both products, this concealer provides awesome buildable coverage. Unfortunetly it didn't agree with my skin. I would defietly recommend this product, just not for me :( The worse part is that since I used both products so I don't know which one broke me out or if it was a combination of both.

on 8/4/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've given up on this concealer then bought it again to try three times. My biggest issue with it is that it CREASES SO MUCH. Even applying it with a brush, with a primer under it, and setting powder over it, it makes my fine lines VERY noticeable (and I'm 18!). When I would use it, my brother would even make comments on the small wrinkles under my eyes, saying they were very noticeable.

As for concealing, it does a great job. But when you can see my fine lines from across the room, the concealing power doesn't matter. I might as well put a sign over my head that says, "I'M WEARING CONCEALER." It's that obvious.

this looks really cakey...like even when i use moisturizer under it it does...but it doesnt look like tacky though in my case. but this isnt good for under your eyes...id definitely get something else for under your eyes. and it stays on for a long time. xoxo. oh and i think the package is soooooooo cute

on 7/31/2009 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't normally buy department store makeup products (being the poor college student that I am), but I read reviews about this product being good for undereye circles and for covering up moles or freckles. I mainly bought it for covering up moles on my face (which I have a LOT of on my light skin), but now I'm finding that I'm using it more for covering up my undereye circles.
It does a decent job of covering up moles. You have to cake a lot on there, but even then, you can still see the mole. I'm a bit disappointed about that. I don't think the woman at the counter matched my skin tone exactly because it seems a bit too light and yellow for my regular skin tone (she gave me NC20), but works just fine for my undereye area. That may be part of the problem with covering up moles for me. It was really busy that day at Macy's and I think the woman was in a hurry to match my color. This product does tend to accentuate the lines under your eyes, so you have to be careful when applying it.
I might go back and get a more appropriate shade for my face area, but for now, I'm happy with this as an undereye concealer. It's a little drying, but not too much. I will probably just have to get a new shade or find something else for my moles.

on 7/30/2009 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to concealer at the moment.
I am NC 30 and it just blends into my skin so perfectly.
It's especially great for my dark circles. I look so much more refreshed when I apply this to my face. It has really good coverage for discolorations and acne as well.

I was having a little trouble with MAC's Concealers as they always went shiny on me. I get quite oily so throughout the day you could see it 'slipping' off my face pretty much.

So she showed me this Studio Finish concealer. It goes on extremely matte and stays that way!

It definitely goes on really nice, gives me heaps of coverage. But make sure you don't rub it as it will come off. I also think using a brush makes a huge difference.

I really like how it comes in a eyeshadow pot rather than a squeezy tube.

I will be buying this again and again and again!

on 7/26/2009 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great concealer, especially for little scars and marks on the face. I use a small brush with it, dab a little on, then pat with my finger. It just disappears into the skin and stays on forever.

I wouldn't use it under my eyes though as it's too thick. I can't use it on the pigmentation on my cheeks either for the same reason. But it's great for everything else.

on 7/24/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a bit angry about this purchase as i asked for the studio sculpt concealor and was given this. didn't realize it until i got home. so i tried it out anyways thinking...maybe i will love it. NOPE! within 24 hours i had broken out. it's going back. for reference it's the studio finish concealer with spf. hate hate hate it. i am a bit surprised that i had a reaction to this. mac is usually really good to my skin

on 7/23/2009 3:51:00 PM

I bought this in NW25, very nice color mstch for my skin. It manages to cover my dark circles pretty good and I'm satisfied by the staying power. It is a bit drying, but nothing that a good eyecream can't fix!
I think I will buy this one again when I run out.

on 7/23/2009 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best concealer I have ever tried/owned!! so creamy and blends it to my skin to the T. Looks natural and not one bit cakey. Even on my dry days this concealer has pulled through! HG concealer