MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really love this concealer! I only like full coverage concealers, which this is. Mine doesn't dry out, or look cakey. I love the coverage this gives me, and the color I have (NW20) matches me great!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I don't like this concealer, it's very dry and hard to blend. The coverage is pretty good and the pot it comes in is cute, that's why I give this product 2 lippies, but I don't think it's worth the money. Get the NYX concealer in jar instead, it's cheap and works much better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have used this off and on for the past 2 years. My first pot lasted me for a long, LONG time and that in itself was pretty impressive. Its only $16, which is relatively decent - but the lasting power of the pan is what got me. I was initially swatched as a NW25, but then this weekend I went back for a new pot and she told me to go with NW20. I decided against her suggestion - she said the slightly lighter color would "highlight" my eyes, but I felt like it was just screaming "LOOK AT MY DARK CIRCLES!" because in the dept store lighting, the lighter color did NOT cover my circles. Anyway the point is, I stuck with the initial color I was swatched and I am so glad, because this weekend I was told twice by my bf's mother and a total stranger how pretty I looked (and guess what - was wearing my NW25). This concealer is not an HG for me but its the closest I have come to one. DS concealers do not do the job sufficiently, and although I like lancome's flash retouche - its not pigmented enough for my circles. So for now, and for the past two years - I have and will be using my studio finish :) and yes, it does sink in to fine lines. a dab with a light finger will fix that though. And my oily skin requires a touch- up after having it on for hours, but thats not anything new for me.

As a concealer its pretty ok. I wouldn't say it's amazing, but it does cover up redness, but not so much blemishes. I use my MAC 242 for the application and I honestly think the brush makes up for the concealers shortfalls. I wouldn't use this under my eyes because it's far too drying for the eye area!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the love of my life. if i were to bring any face makeup a long with me to go out. it would definitely be this concealor. i use it around my eyes and a bit on top of my lip. it has excellent coverage and like one of my guy friends he said "it's magic" i've tried drugstore concealors and ive tried other ones such as MUFE and Lancome. MUFE creases under the eyes, the consistency is okay. but i find it drying. Lancome has great coverage but i honestly love this concealor :) it's the best. i have it in NW25 .. ohh and if youre like me when you travel in hot weather this concealor may leak, oil. it's weird but then after the oily stuff comes out your concealor may be really dry. what i did was add one to two drops of baby oil in it and the moisture and consistency of the concealor is just like brand new :) give it a gooo !

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

my HG concealer. i have dark under eye circles and really pale skin and the NC15 version of this is perfect. no creasing, stays put, and really covers! i look fabulous and fresh everyday that i use this. will buy again and again.

this is supposed to be a medium coverage concealer but some light coverage concealers cover up better than this , it works if your skin is perfect but if you have slight puffiness or any fine lines it maked them stand out like a sore thumb , i really hate this product , its really cakey and dry and feels awful on my skin , i usually love stuff from mac but this is a real let down , sorry mac but you have failed on this one :(

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's alright. Nothing to "wow". I use it on my under eye circles and then with MUFE concealer on top (since MUFE doesn't cover on its own). Both in conjunction do well. Studio Finish does not do well on its own, it will crease if I don't put MUFE or a powder over top. Its coverage looks thick as well, but once you blend it, it sheers out. So I have to do two layers sometimes.
I like to use this for covering eyebrow hairs as well & brightening certain areas. I do not use it to cover zits...I don't like concealing zits, it just makes them worse. I'd rather have some breathing room.
Anyways, I'm not disappointed, but not over the moon. There's probably better out there.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Did not like this, waste of money.
Very dry, did not blend very well, could not get a good colour match, just a bad experience!! My dry skin does not help! I then switched to select cover up which had great reviews and is more creamier and blendable (which i think this one if for more oily skin?) and still did not work out for me, boohoo!! xx

I have the studio finish concealer with spf 35. I went to the store with no concealer and asked the MA to help me find one. She recommended this one, since I have dark circles and I can look tired sometimes. I got color matched with nw25. I asked her why, because I am warm toned. She explained to me that the nw (not warm) would conceal my dark circles much better. She also suggested moisturizing the eye area and applying the concealer before my foundation for better blending. This has worked for me. I looked well rested. The concealer stays on, I also don't have problems blending it. I can see why it may be difficult for someone with dry skin to blend it. This concealer has an opaque finish. My foundation shade is nc35/C4.

Top Rated MAC Products