BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 12/6/2004 5:00:00 PM

I love this highlighter. I really really love the texture - nice and blendable, not greasey in the least.

I like it best mixed with a drop of Benetint on each cheek and blended for a gorgeous glowing sheer cheek stain :) Its the effect I wanted Dandelion to have on me, but Dandelion doesn't really show on my PPP/FFF skin.

High beam is divine. Will be a staple for me over the Australian summer for sure!!

on 11/28/2004 7:48:00 PM

I love Benefit products, but I was hesitant to buy this b/c I was afraid it was going to end up like my Benetint, unused and sitting listlessly in the back of my makeup drawer.
On the contrary, I use this almost everyday to give parts of my face that dewy look. Very versatile! I pair it with Eyeko Cream for an even more pink-toned look. One of the ppl who recommended this to me said it would liven up tired faces, and she was not wrong. I'm so glad I bought this. Much more worthwhile than Hollywood Glo.

on 11/21/2004 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely ADORE this! I applied this pink/pearl shade w/ a brush applicator to my cheekbones and it looked fabulous! It's the amount of "glow" I have been searching for, perfect!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

great highlighter. lots of shimmer which makes your cheeks look really radiant and shiny.

on 10/19/2004 2:57:00 AM

I love High Beam! I use it on my cheekbones, brow bones, everywhere! I keep finding uses for it! I love the nail polish like bottle and brush, it makes it much easier to apply. It also has great staying power, it lasts all day on me. I will def. buy it again if i ever run out!

on 10/16/2004 7:01:00 PM

I used High Beam as a brow highlighter and to give myself an overall glow at my wedding, and I loved how dewy and sweet my skin looked! It lasted through the entire day without fading or melting and showed up beautifully in the pictures, too.

on 10/15/2004 10:26:00 AM

i don't generally like benefit so i was surprised by how much i love this. very pretty natural highlighter (unlike moon beam, which i think looks like the iridescence from an oil spill rather than a pretty glow). i like how multi-purpose it is- mix it with foundation, blend in a few little dots on your cheekbones, tap a little on the inner corners of your eye. subtle use makes you look healthy, more makes you look divinely glamorous. not irritating at all. i said i'd buy again but i'm not sure i'll ever have to, you get a ton in the bottle and you only have to use a smidgen. i'm not crazy about that nail-polish bottle but what can you do.

on 10/7/2004 2:37:00 PM

I really like this product. It's sheer and sparkly and girly and just makes me feel pretty good wearing it. And really, that's what it is all about for me. I've tried other highlighters, and this one is a fantastic one-hands down. Easy to blend, no breakouts or irritation from this since it's very light and a little goes a long way so it lasts. Although the price is high and the bottle is just so-so, I'd still recommend as a lovely gift (in the perk-me-up package) or as a treat for yourself.

on 9/29/2004 12:30:00 AM

This is a pretty highlighter but nothing real special. Any number of powders and creams will create the same effect and cost less than $26. (My Neutrogena Shimmer Sheers in Mesmerized, for example.) Plus the packaging is pretty cheap and unreliable. I continually get sucked into the alluring promises of beauty that Benefit offers forgetting how great their marketing is and how mediocre their products.

on 9/27/2004 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Did not impress me much, although it gives quite a nice, non-glimmery sheen to the face. But it is a bit too pink for my complexion (pale/yellowish undertones) and won't stay put on an oily face. Also, the packaging is rather poor for the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials