BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 8/10/2004 2:17:00 AM

I like High Beam, but I'm not totally crazy about it. On the plus side, it works very well with my fair skin. If you apply it lightly, and blend it in well, it's very pretty. It's not too heavy, or greasy, and it's especially nice for summer.
However, if it's not well blended, it tends looks like you didn't wash off all of your facewash, and it's dried onto your face. I can see that it would be too greasy for oil-prone skin. Also, I hate the packaging! There tends to be product build-up on the nail brush thing and the neck of the bottle, the nail polish brush is weird, and kind of messy to apply. It's about 20 bucks, which is a little pricy in my opinion. I admit, I've repurchased, since I lost my first bottle right after buying it. However, since using it more, I don't think I'll re-buy it, my second bottle will never run out, and I have too many gripes with the packaging.

on 8/8/2004 8:31:00 PM

I looooove this! It goes so nicely with Head Over Heels Cheekies and my fair skin and blonde hair. It makes me look like I have a natural glow. I recommend it. Just use it sparingly or you can look too shiny.

Aww this is so pretty! Totally kicks Armani Fluid Sheer's butt! This leaves my FFF skin so glowly and looking so healthy.. minus any overly-visible shimmer particles. RRP $AU36 for a 13mL bottle

on 7/22/2004 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is fab for creating the latest movie ingenue "glow." Unlike highlighter, which has "sparkles," this is just pearlescent, so just blend a little with your primer (I use Mercier's primer) and use under your foundation (or alone, if you go without foundation, like I do). I imagine it also works great as a highlighter, but what a waste! Gives Great Glow, that's my recommendation.

on 7/11/2004 11:18:00 PM

This is a pretty good product, I love to mix a little with my foundation at the top of my cheeks. I have immensely pale skin, so it works wonders for me. It didn't make me break out, which is always a plus.

on 7/4/2004 1:06:00 AM

Works well to catch the light in all the right places, but does leave a greasier feel on the skin. The pearly pink hue is not for everyone though

on 6/28/2004 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

love this! really does give me a girly pink glow. perfect for my PPP w/ pink undertones complexion. just makes me look and feel feminine!! i'm in the minority here when i say i love the packaging.

on 6/27/2004 3:14:00 PM

I really liked this. It looks great with my natural skintone which is pale and a bit pinky, but also looks good when I have a bit of a tan. Takes a bit of practice to apply well, I blend it with a makeup sponge using a small amount for a bit of a glow in the daytime and a bit more for impact at night. Lasts for ages too.

on 6/20/2004 9:47:00 AM

Didn't really like this...wouldn't show up on my skin. Pretty color though.

on 6/18/2004 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A pretty shimmery pink lotion highlighter. I dab a bit on my nose, in my eyebrow arch, and on my cheekbones. I don't use this during the day because I'm scared it'll be too much. I don't think I could finish the whole bottle! And I have soooo many other highlighters that I don't reach for this often enough.

Video Reviews & Tutorials