October 25, 2014 | 934 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 5:21:00 PM More reviews by corrinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As with most Benefit products I was attracted by the packaging. I was not disappionted. It is by far the best highlighter I have tried so far. The bottle lasts forever and brush makes for easy application. Softens the features and adds a beautiful sheen. Fab with suntanned skin. Mix with foundation for all over glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by martensgirl

This product imparts a nice sheen on my brow bone. (I am not brave enough to try it mixed with foundation!) I find the product a little runny- sometimes I wish it was thicker so that it would have more impact. Whilst I think it is a good product, I feel that a cheaper item could do the same job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2004 2:24:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

High Beam is a pink tinged liquid highlighter that comes in a nail polish looking bottle. I am probably one of the whitest people alive and I can't ever get any highlighters to show up on me. They always match my skintone. With the exception of NARS Copacabana multiple, this is the best highlighter I've used. High Beam is what I was hoping Kevyn Aucoin's Shimmer Liquid would be. The consistancy is thin which is nice because you can apply it right over your makeup and there's no rubbing a hard lump and messing up the foundation. I had a sales girl put this on me and she lightly tapped it on the tops of my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose. I instanly saw an improvement. My skin looked all glowy and dewey. The price is 18$ which is pretty cheap since you only need a tiny amount. This stuff should last the normal person a good year but since I have so much crap, I'll probably have it for many years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2004 12:47:00 PM More reviews by princessgrace

Everyone disses on BeneFit (hey, for good reason sometimes!) but I think Highbeam is great. I unfortunately inherited my dad's German face structure rather than my mom's Native American cheekbones (why, God, why?!?) and this stuff is insta-cheekbones for me. Dab on a tiny bit on the brow and cheekbones, and suddenly I have bone structure LOL. And I think I may be alone in this, but I find the nail polish bottle charming.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by lilycreator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is really great to give some illuminance to anywhere on your face or body. It's a light pink shimmmery cream in a nail polish-like bottle. It isn't too expensive because there is a lot in the bottle. I like how it doesn't give an overdone shimmer but rather a very subtle glow. This is very blendable and a little goes a long way. The packaging is a bit weird but I can't really think of another way to package it so I can't really take points off for that. The lipppie off would be for the staying power. This looks really great if you're only wearing it for a couple of hours but after that, it just kind of fades away.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2004 7:38:00 AM More reviews by icycool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't like this at all. First, this is way too sticky, making hard to blend. Also, this gives pinkish glow which is kinda awkward on my yellow complexion. This sticky condense formula is difficult to mix with other foundation or moisturizer. Definate no no for oily skin, because when i used this, my face looked very oily in bad ways..like sweating a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2004 3:10:00 PM More reviews by watchthestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As shimmer highlighters go, I think I prefer a powder - it's far more easily blended. High Beam has a tendency to go on too thickly, and disturb my foundation when I try to blend it. The nail varnish bottle packaging is also pretty impractical. It's a pretty pink shimmer, perhaps not well-suited to my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2004 8:58:00 AM More reviews by dianeelisabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is good, but for some reason I prefer Lancome's Maquisuperbe - which is now called Fluide Illuminateur. UPDATE Actually, I just got a new one of these and they have improved and changed the colour, it's nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2004 5:05:00 PM More reviews by SJMarsha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this alot, gives a really nice effect! The packaging is weird, but its not too bad once you get used to it. I'll repurchase if it ever runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 4:40:00 AM More reviews by dreamblond

I agree with the reviews on the page, I love this product. I do not use it everyday, I use it when I am going out for the evening and I want to look fabulous! It does make you glow and look dewy and my skin looks so perfect when I wear this. One of my favorite products, I will definitely buy again.