Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 11/16/2008 3:14:00 PM

This is a really superior product for Maybelline, which I have not had a lot of luck with in the past. This powser is very finally milled and I can barely see that I am wearing it, except that it makes my skin look near flawless. Now I have not really figured out how to make this have good medium coverage, its light and natural for me. Great shade options. For this reason, generally I just use it over whatever foundation I am wearing and it really does help to keep my skin from shining. ONe day when my skin was looking pretty good I tried this alone with moisturizer underneath and I didn't look half bad. I can def. see how ladies wear this alone b/c it looks really nice, but if you tend to have problematic skin at times, your probably not going to get enough coverage out of this alone. Will be buying it again.

on 11/12/2008 2:59:00 PM

While Maybelline still holds on to its fair share of pink/peach shades of foundation and powders, I have to say that this particular pressed powder~I ADORE! I purchased the 'Dream Matte Pressed Powder' in the lightest color, Fair/Light 0-1 and it matches my very fair skin perfectly. It is a very neutral color; not too pink and not too yellow. I am 43 years old and needless to say do not want to accentuate any lines on my face, and this stuff covers very well without being too cakey. Also, the little swivel-out compartment which holds the puff and conceals the mirror is ingenious! I would definitely recommend and repurchase!

on 11/11/2008 4:37:00 PM

I bought this based on the glowing reviews here, and I definitely wasn't disappointed! Despite the fact that I usually choose the second lightest shade in any face makeup, I ended up choosing #4 in the 'fair' shade selection in this product. I found that the first 3 shades were way too pink. A super finely-milled powder that covers super well, while looking extremely believable. I've applied this early on in the day, caught glimpses of myself in the mirror and asked myself why my skin looks so good. I find the packaging to be ingenious! I don't think it's particularly cheap considering it's a DS brand, but I will certainly re-purchase. For reference, I'm combo-oily-sensitive-acne-prone with concerns about aging since I'm in my early thirties. (If it works for this mixed bag of skincare concerns, it'll surely work for most anyone!)

on 11/11/2008 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like many others I am not a big fan of the packaging but I'm not totally put off by it either. Its the swivelling mirror thing that I dont like!
The powder itself is so light I didn't feel like it could possible set my foundation and keep me fresh faced but I actually felt it did. Having said that I am not overally blown away by it and I have cast it aside having only used it a couple of times. Having read reviews on here today I am going to use it over my foundation (or maybe even alone) and see if I feel the same as many of the reviewers on here. Possibly I'm not bowled over because I never get a shiny face due to my dry skin.Quite often I skip powder completely. Ahhhh, which reminds me ...it didnt cling to dry skin which is a definate positive! Hmmmmm need more time with it to try and fall in love with it. Will update!

on 11/8/2008 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the best powder I've tried so far to control oil. It sets makeup well and keeps the oilies at bay for hours. It rarely gets cakey but can if I don't blot before doing a touch up. It's priced nicely too.

on 11/3/2008 6:15:00 AM

i love this soooo much and ive only just realised how much about 5 mins ago!i love this anyway but i have been using a face cream and it has made my eye area soooo sore and red. ive just tried to put on my foundation and it has kinda clumped on the sore parts and it looked dry and flakey and like eczema were i had a reaction to this face cream. however i have kept the foundation on and my concealer too and it looked awful, i put this powder on over the top and it has smoothed it and my makeup looks like it normally does, no dry patches or flakeyness.(i apply this powder with a foundation sponge and i always get fab results) i am sooooo happy with this product its a bit more than i would normally pay but the results are brilliant.i love the packaging maybelline has made an effort on this one and it has def paid off. i think its the best powder i have used yet. i am def gonna get some more. this is my HG powder.

on 10/30/2008 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been having skin problems lately especially on my face. I don't have that much of sensitive skin where I break out with acne but instead I break out with ECZEMA...which is worse...I don't know. I've been trying to find a powder that wouldn't irritate my skin when it was inflamed and would sit lightly on top without feeling too heavy. I've been using this product for about 4 days now in the honey color and I am absolutely LOVING IT. I use bare ecsentuals kabuki brush (i CANNOT wear mineral bare escentuals anymore) and I lightly swipe the powder all over my face. Even lightly wearing it gives you a definite MATTE'd look. I also use Smashbox primer before hand since I do have combination skin, dry with my eczema, super oily when it gets hot, so having the primer on before helps make me look less dry and the powder really works for my oil control. Definitely let the primer set on your face first. Since I have eczema, I have to moisturize with my lotion, let that set, and then use primer and THEN the powder. And my face doesn't feel heavy afterwards!! THUMBS UP!

on 10/29/2008 12:53:00 PM

I didn't like it much, made my skin look dull. But maybe for other ladies it will work wonderfully!

on 10/17/2008 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this has been my hg setting powder for my under eye concealers. keeps my concealers from creasing. i don't really use it for my face because i'm not really into a matte looking face. i like my face glowy and this definately does a great job at making it matte if that's what you're looking for.

on 10/11/2008 4:13:00 AM

Right now, I have been doing some harsh BP (benzoyl peroxide) therapy for my acne, so my skin is WAY out of whack (swollen in the red patches that are irritated by BP and flaking in the dry parts that were caused by BP as well), so I guaged my rating appropriately by judging it according to my normal skin.

Since it's winter, I'm an NC30 now and Medium 0-1 Sand works very well with my skin tone (the non-red parts, anyway).

This mattifies like it says it does. You want matte skin? You got matte skin. This works even better than just as a mattifying pressed powder, though. It's almost like a light to medium coverage foundation, even--I used it over the red patches (lightly daubed over with concealer, but with still apparent red) and it made my skin look like its normal colour again--I was quite impressed. Put too much, though, and it'll turn cakey.

I'd say that if your skin in normal-to-dry or drier, I'd skip this product because it won't be right for you. It would just emphasize dryness (very easy to see on the areas of my face dried out with BP). But it's just PERFECT for the oilies.

The idea for the compact is bulky but ingenious. Although the mirror gets powdered up, I like having the puff in a separate compartment to keep the dirt and oil I got on it from my face from further contamination.

I am honestly quite impressed with the calibre of the product, though. I bought it mostly because another reviewer listed the ingredients for this powder versus the Armani one and the closeness in the listing completely pursuaded me into choosing this one for my BP-affected skin (I just CANNOT walk out with these giant and embarrassing red patches all over my face. It's too awful.) because I can't get Armani products anywhere where I live and Maybelline is obviously cheaper. So, 5 lippies and I will repurchase when I need to replace this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials