BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1987 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 5/24/2013 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have the straighest, sparsest lashes anyone has probably ever had so I'm constantly on the look out for new mascaras which curl, define, thicken and lengthen. After hearing this was the number one selling mascara I decided to give it a try - and boy, do I regret it. For such an expensive mascara it actually doesn't do much more than comb out the lashes. The brush is very hard and it's difficult to get a dramatic effect, even when layering. I curl my eyelashes beforehand with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler (which for the record, is fantastic) and this straightens them out. It's tough to take off and I've noticed my eyelashes are even thinner and sparser than usual using this - which I can't afford! I'll definitely be going back to Lancome.

on 5/24/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's nice and makes my rather short lashes longer, but since I was hoping for thick, lush lashes, I was very disappointed. Also, the brush is a bit unwieldy, and I have poked my eye with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara just doesn't work for me, not a fan. I find the brush to be too hard and because of this it makes it difficult to coat the lashes. The abudance of plastic bristles seem to have more of a detracting effect when trying to apply several coats as I only feel like I am combing them out instead of applying more product. Lastly, I find the formula to be drying and difficult to work with as it tends to cause the lashes to cling together unevenly and quickly.

on 5/24/2013 4:56:00 PM

I think this mascara is great. The end of the brush is great for separating lashes and getting those hard to reach places. It is expensive compared to Maybeline, but the last few bottles I have bought from Maybeline have been horrible. I will buy this again, because this is my primary make-up for summer.

on 5/24/2013 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging, as always, is super cute. The tube isn't quite as long and chunky in comparison to Bad Gal, but for me that makes it easier to carry around.
The mascara does really work for me - the trick is not to apply too many layers. I personally have quite long eyelashes but I haven't seen them for a long time; before now I've been using Maybelline and Bad Gal. This is probably the first mascara I've encountered in years that really has lengthened my lashes, and although I prefer there to be some volume at the base, I can easily fix that by wiggling a bit of Bad Gal on the lash line.
You do have to apply it quite gingerly with the tip of the wand to be able to get the lashes on the inner corners, but it's well worth it. It also has super staying power; I encouraged my mum to try some one evening. When she woke up in the morning, she commented that she'd fallen asleep with it on but it looked as if I'd only just applied it. Bonus marks!
I'd definitely buy it again. However, I'd recommend visiting a Benefit counter first to make sure you like how the mascara looks for you. Some people might consider it 'spidery', but I think with the right application it looks nice.

on 5/24/2013 6:15:00 AM

This is my Holy Grail mascara. It is worth noting that my natural lashes are long anyway, however i have been asked COUNTLESS times whilst wearing They're Real if i am wearing false lashes.
Some people claim that the mascara is very hard to remove, but personally i have never had this problem. I use a simple make up wipe and it comes off very easily. I would argue that the mascara is in fact NOT water resistant, but this is not a selling point for me anyway so is not an issue.
It is very expensive, but i do think the results are worth it.
The product does dry up relatively quickly, but mascaras should only be kept for a maximum of three months anyway!
I would recommend trying the mascara out before purchasing, as some people don't see the effects. However in the UK anyway, the benefit counters do not have the same mascara brushes as the product does to test on people, and i do think the brush makes a big difference!
Overall, i do think this mascara is worth the hype.

on 5/23/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I received this mascara as a gift from Sephora for my birthday 2 months ago and have been using it since then. I really love this mascara, however, you must be careful not to apply too much too quickly or else it will clump. It does make my lashes so much longer and thicker. This mascara does not flake, smudge, or fade throughout the whole day. It can clump a bit but I don't really mind it for the small amount that does clump. The voluminous lashes I end up with, makes up for it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Right I love the packaging but everything else, I hate. It clumps my eyelashes together, it makes them look really messy and doesn't give a nice flared eyelash look, which I like. It might just be personal opinion but I was so excited for this mascara and it's honestly a big waste of money! BAD gal is much better by Benefit! Really fans your eyelashes out naturally

on 5/23/2013 2:56:00 PM

Ugh. The look is good but its making my lashes fall out. As others have said it's tough to get off which can be both good and bad. I bought the sample size from Sephora to test it out, I would suggest you do the same if you are thinking of trying this product. I will be returning to Lancome and getting my healthy lashes back!

on 5/23/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is Nice But Its extremely HARD TO REMOVE!! I SPENT ABOUT 5 MINUTES WASHING IT OFF WITH MAKEUP REMOVER, FACIAL CLEANSER.. AFTER ALL THATWASHING MY EYES WERE DRYED AND IRRITATED! IF YOU LOVED THIS MASCARA BUT HATE THE WASHING PART YOU MUST TRY BOOTS N7 EXTRAVAGANT VOLUME IT DOES THE SAME EFFECT BUT IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO WASH OFF AND THE PRICE IT'S ONLY $7.99 INSTEAD OF $23 ... trust me coming from a Beauty Advisor/ MakeupArtist You Will Love the Boot's N7 plus It's Hypo-Allergenic and can be purchased at TARGET!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products