September 18, 2014 | 1804 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's a basic mascara. Not great, clumps pretty bad, so it's not buildable. I'll use up the tube on days where I only want one swipe of mascara, but I will not repurchase. It's not worth the price, considering I could get the same result from a standard drugstore mascara...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by gogerouslocks275

I got a sample size of this when I purchased other things, and I was really excited! I was like. "OMG! This is so cool!" I have naturally super long lashes, so I wasn't really sure how it would work on my lashes. They.. are... HUGE! My eyelashes literally went up to my eyebrow! This is a great mascara... except for the price. I mean, I understand getting a high end lipstick or something, but to get something that drugstore mascara's can do well is pointless to me. I really like the mascara, but I would rather pay $7 for a mascara than $23.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by riotgrrl

Best mascara I have ever used! I've never managed to find one that actually lengthens and seperates my lashes but doesn't smudge or clump. One coat of this is lovely for the daytime or you can layer it up for a full-on nighttime look.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I got this sample because of all the hype everywhere I was dying to try this mascara and in the purchase of other things they gave me a travel size one. It's one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried! The brush is ok but is so clumpy and the worst part is that you can't take it off!! I have to use so much eye makeup remover and rubb my eyes so hard that it causes that some of my eyelashes fall! Hated it, I prefer Badgal mascara by far!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

It is a decent mascara but can find the same in drugstore. Not worth the money. Separates well for a defined look but there is a Revlon dupe that does same thing. Just meh.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kittykasthen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to LOVE this :( It does give my lashes length and thickness but living in a tropical country (Philippines) it smudges and goes down my undereye! It's such a hassle. Im really disappointed

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara really does make my lashes look great, however, so do some other lower priced mascaras. I really like the brush/wand which I believe is the real reason for the great results. The mascara dries very quickly which makes it difficult to go back and add a second coat without having some clumping. I've purchased this mascara 3 times but will probably not purchase it again. I will purchase mascaras with a similar wand/brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok it's official: I'm a believer.

I liked Bad Gal, but it was far from the "best ever" enthusiasm many others experienced (I love the plum one, though, for its unique colour).

Against the odds, I decided to give this one a try when I am not even through with my first ever Make up Forever Smoky Lash (which is great). Comparing the two, both give me great lashes (mine are relatively long, but stick straight horizontal, they curl up well with a good mascara though). Smoky Lash gives me less volume and length than They're real (it is a great mascara, though), and it is not as consistent in the results - sometimes, I don't get the look quite right when I'm in a hurry.

They're real gives me great lashes when I just pop on a bit. When I'm patient to start from the root and wiggle through many times, they give me - LITERALLY - a fake lash standard of voluminous, curled, long lashes. The result is consistent also weeks after using it (sometimes mascaras have stopped working perfectly on me after a couple of weeks).

The brush is synthetic with spiky pieces, and it has a fancy little "ball end", with spikes also all around. That ball's great for the lower lashes, and also for getting in at the inner corner of the eye, or just for extra volume at the outer end. I loved a L'Oreal mascara that reminisced a torture instrument with it's spiked ball brush some years ago, so this tool comes in really handy if one likes to experiment technically.

Both thumbs up for this Benefit mascara! When they get it right, they're the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Troysy

I found this mascara to be like glue. When you finally dab off all the excess stringy stuff from the wand, it does give a good lengthened and volumised look. Could not use on bottom lashes unless I wanted the Ozzy Osbourne look.

Why is it so sticky? For this price Chanel's Inimitable is a far, far better buy. Also no information on the product to say if it contains fibres. I hate fibre mascaras.

Not that hard to get off, compared to say Kanebo 38 degree. Just let eye makeup remover sit on for a while.

A very genuine black black.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea1008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It works okay, but it's no better than a drugstore mascara. My biggest complaint is that with these types of brushes, it hurts to apply! It scratches my inner eyelid and I don't like that feeling. Applying makeup shouldn't hurt or irritate your eyes.