BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Got this as a sample, and i liked it but not crazy about it and wouldnt rebuy it because i have my everyday mascara and ill never change it. It was ok, it gives a lot of lenght, but no volume which is what i look for, but this mascara isnt made for that so if youre looking for lenght go purchase it because its good!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this mascara! I got it as a free gift from Sephora and have a few pros/cons.

Pros:
Made my lashes look very long and dark
Does not flake off on me
Curls my lashes without an eyelash curler!

Cons:
VERY hard to remove.
Drys very fast and to a crunchy texture
Have to be careful not to use too much, it does not build well
The brush can make for very messy application/too much product on the end.

I will probably use it till I run out, but all in all I will not be purchasing another tube. Too bad, I had high hopes for this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am now on tube number 8 of this product!

Pros- Definitely creates length, volume (less so) and separates lashes. For the most part it is waterproof- no smudging. Great brush design

Cons- The price. After some use the formula does become quite flaky. When the brush does become dryer sometimes application can become itchy on the eyes. The bristles on the brush are hard and not soft/flexible

Despite the cons I cannot imagine buying any other mascara, on the odd occasion that I have tried a different mascara I always feel disappointed and return back to this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I received a deluxe sample from Sephora and tried it with and without a mascara base. Without the base, it gives length but no volume. With the base, it still gives length but slightly more volume. The one major problem it had was that it bunched groups of my lashes together and made it look like I had much much less. The only nice thing about it was the brush. I think the way it was made was to separate the lashes properly but doesn't work at all. Good thing it was a sample because I will not purchase.

A really awful overhyped mascara. It was heavy & clumpy.

Perhaps I just don't like it because I prefer mascaras that are light, natural looking and glossy (think Lancome or Clinique mascaras).

The only good thing about it was the wand, but what's the point of having a nice wand without a decent formula?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this mascara from the Benefit counter and I must say, I was quite disappointed. It only lengthened my lashes a little bit, nothing dramatic. Gave very very little volume, no matter how many coats. It got a bit clumpy after a few coats in attempt to get more volume. It does define your lashes if you dont put too much on, as it started to clump my lashes together, making me look like I only have 3 lashes...

I got raccoon eyes after about 8-9 hours. I didnt get that with Max Factors False lash effect.

This mascara is probably better suited for people with naturally long lashes who want defined darkened lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Have had 2 sample sizes of this and I LOVE IT! It makes my lashes look full, thick, and gorgeous without being too over the top. Not clumpy or flaky and stays nice all day! I plan to repurchase after finishing my already purchased mascaras.

I have read that this mascara is very popular. I don't know why. It's not any better than many drugstore mascaras, and it's not remarkable unto itself. With many mascaras, I can create very long, dramatic lashes with a couple coats. With this stuff, I get hardly any volume or length, and it actually seems to droop and straighten my lashes because it's wet and heavy in formulation. This product also transfers to my browbone after a few hours, creating black smudges. I feel the brush is also unwieldy and not well suited to my eyes. I've tried many Cover Girl mascaras that are better (Remarkable, Professional, and Super Thick). The Jordana mascara is better. Voluminous and Great Lash are better, too, in terms of creating length and drama. Maybe this mascara works great for a different lash type from mine. I'm personally not impressed, especially given the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Total garbage. It clumps, flakes and smudges like crazy, and the price is far too steep when you consider all of the above. Luckily I had a sample size tube and didn't pay retail for the full size. Wouldn't Ben finish the tiny sample tube, it's that bad.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am a mascara hopper. I never seem to use more than one tube of a brand before looking for the next. However I am now on tube 6 of they're real, although I must admit I'm getting itchy feet again for a new one! Anyway here's what I love about this mascara: 1) it lasts me a couple of months using everyday. If its used right. The tube is quite wide so I tend to give the brush a swirl inside the tube before I use it and it lasts me well. 2) it gives me great results - it lengthens and separated and you can use the end of the brush to reach right the way in to the baby lashes in the corner of your eye. 3) I only need one application to achieve daytime look and tend to apply a second layer in the evening if I want a more dramatic look - because the brush has hard bristles you don't get masses of clumps doing this. 4) it doesn't go anywhere - no flakes or running during the day and I travel on the underground where it's hot and sweaty. I removed one lipstick because I do find it a little dry and difficult to remove. However it has not damaged my eyelashes even though I sometimes sleep with it on so for me the pros outweigh the cons. I would definitely recommend giving it a go.

Popular Mascaras