April 19, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product isn't necessarily horrible. It's an okay mascara that's worth no more than $5. It made my eyelashes extremely stiff and didn't do anything special. Big waste of money, I don't understand how it's the highest selling item at ulta!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by sheenabeena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what it is, but once I buy something, it is never as amazing as it is when you sample it in Sephora. Maybe you just get used to it, but I was not even looking for mascara when I found this the other day. Something about it was so amazing that I had to purchase it, and now it's just so-so. It can only be applied once a day because it is a very tacky feeling mascara. Without eyeliner, it really emphasizes lashes, so maybe I will use it on days I don't feel like wearing much makeup. Otherwise, it does not give much volume and looks bad with black eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Blech. I'm so mad i wasted money and time on this. If by "real", BeneFit means, "real spider-legs", then yes. They are real spider-legs. this mascara is so much worse than Bad Gal (which i'd rate between a 3 and a 4, depending on the batch). This "They're Real" is a runny formula that doesn't thick enough. it just lengthens your lashes (and in a really clumpy way) and doesn't offer ANY volume whatsever. I'm actually shocked at how mad it is for the price. It's like a cheap $2 mascara from the 80s. Thank goodness i have the receipt. oh and it also gave me racoon eyes in my undereye area. BOOOOO Benefit, thumbs down!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by fallingxstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this macara on the recommendation of a coworker. I needed a new one and my daughter's baptism was coming up so I wanted to look great. Unfortunately this mascara didn't do anything spectacular and it didn't work any better than a drugstore mascara for me. My lashes definitely didn't look any fuller or longer, just more defined than if they were bare. I will stick to my beloved MUFE Smoky Lash or Diorshow from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by evwilliams87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

one word amazing!!

i have short eyelashes and this works wonders!!

lasts ages, the wand is brill

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Makeupland01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love love love this mascara first of all it gives me sooooo much length and thickens my lashes and it also holds my curl and stays on for me for about 8-10 which is awesome <3
Pros
-length
-volume
-black black eyelashes
-long lasting
-no flakes or smudges
-hold curl
Cons-can clump a bit
-tip of brush is ok..
The brush is great it has plastic bristles and seperates every lash beautifully . The only ok thing about this brush is the tip it can get a LOT of product and pit too much product on the little lashes in the inner corners but other than that I give this mascara 5/5 <3 but the price is a bit expensive HG product for me

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mcrish

I've still yet to find a high-end, department store mascara that beats a couple of the AMAZING drugstore ones I've used.

They're Real! has sleek packaging and boasts of all the usual things new mascaras these days boast, but it does a poor job delivering the goods. The formula is just too WET! It's quite black, but because of its wet consistency you can't build up multiple coats without all your lashes bunching together. I like a slightly more tacky, dry formula that allows you to build. This also may be personal preference, but the brush is too long, which causes me to have less control over each stroke. I think this could work at producing editorial-style, long glossy spider-y lashes, but I like fatty, fluffy dense lashes better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by makeupmymind1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I would never have bought this because of the heavy price tag BUT, I got this for Christmas so didn't have to worry about the price. tehe;) Now I know what its like, I will definitely repurchase this when its finished.

I have very long upper and lower lashes but as I am blonde haired, the tips of my lashes are blonde too, which makes them look shorter.
This mascara covers my lashes and makes them look their true length.
It does come out very full on lashes if you aren't careful, but the amount is buildable. It literally transforms lashes, and the compliments you get are amazing!

I have got told me eyes are 'unreal' - which is funny because the mascara is called "They're Real!" and also that my eyes look anime etc.

You get it in a cute box and the mascara bottle looks very classy.

Beware: if you only want a very subtle look for eyes, this is not for you. Also, the formula is quite thick, so you have to make sure you wash it all off before bed because even if you leave a tiny bit, in the morning you sometimes wake up with the mascara still on your lashes and panda eyes..

Overall, I love this mascara, and I don't think I'll be buying a different type for a long time:)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There was so much hype about this mascara that I had to give it a go. I have to admit that the brush is fabulous. It's nifty spiked tip works magic on defining the lashes and getting all the tiny hairs on the bottom lash line. The formula itself is quite wet....which creates a huge problem for anyone with poker straight Asian lashes. It will flatten any curl that you've worked in with your lash curler within a nanosecond. In terms of volumizing and lengthening power, it is no where near the result you would get from using only 1 coat of Maybelline's Lashblast. You need at least 2 or even 3 coats to achieve the same. To sum it up, this mascara was not worth its price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Misskatemurphy

I had high hopes for this mascara as I had read about it in so many magazines and beauty blogs. Normally the only mascara I would part with 20+ of my money for would be YSL False Lash Effect however the hype about this product made me cave in. I'll start with the good point about this mascara and that is the brush, its fabulous! The end of the brush is rounded with smaller teeth so you really can get the smallest lashes that normally you can miss with a regular brush and your lashes really do look longer.
Now for the bad point - the formula of this product is VILE! You really have to apply this product slowly otherwise you will get clumps, also the product feels sticky. You will need to carry around an eyelash comb at all times because if you rub your eye accidentally then your eyelashes will clump together.
The formula of this mascara also makes it an absolute nightmare when removing your make up, it literally doesn't budge and you end up with a build up of mascara on the lashes. The only thing that removed this from my lashes was a good blast in a power shower and vigourous rubbing with my towel - not great for the delicate undereye area!!
I will not be buying this again and would recommend YSL to anyone that wants a high end mascara that gives amazing results. If you want something a little cheaper then you cannot go wrong with Max Faxtor False Effect Mascara.