September 30, 2014 | 999 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 3:06:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this last night, because of great reviews. Wow it is a great moisturizer. I splash a few drops into my palm and rub into my face, it feels soft, and moisturized, and very ungreasy. I got mine at Fred Meyer, for almost twelve bucks. I had two zits last night, and when I woke up , they were almost all the way gone! I hear it cleanses the pores, and in no way clogs them! GREAT stuff! I will definitely use for next winter. I will try it on my hair, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2003 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Sierra3000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didnt use Desert Essence but all 100% Jojoba Oil is the same anyway. I bought mine in a health shop for $5.00. I first started using it while i was using Differin which was very drying and making me flake so horribly.

Well the jojoba oil was the perfect companion- and completely odourless too. I was amazed to discover something so cheap and so simple could give the best results. Once I started using it I kind of felt silly for trying all these expensive moisturising creams when the answer was so basic.

So with the help of differin and jojoba oil my skin was absolutely glowing.

I also invested in a few mixtures of essential oils that contained Jojoba Oil but i got sick of the scent of a mixture and would rather just plain Jojoba.

I have extremely acne prone skin and the oil did not make me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2003 9:46:00 PM More reviews by CamiLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Henry's (a healthfood store) brand of jojaba which had the exact ingredients as this stuff. I have really sensitive skin and this has not irritated it at all. I also havn't noticed any breakout caused by this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Lillia

I started on Accutane a few months ago to address minor but persistent cystic acne. I was paranoid about my skin getting dry, so I began to mix 1-2 drops of jojoba oil with some enriched aloe vera gel (Vegecel by Aubrey Organics) and patting it all over my face after washing it at night. I did this on the theory that because jojoba oil is supposed to be so similar to the skin's natural oils, it would be a good way to compensate for the drying effects of Accutane. I realize it may be total dumb luck or coincidence, but I've had no problems with my face getting too dry (unlike the rest of me, which is constantly dry and in need of lotion), and my skin has never looked clearer or more radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2003 4:33:00 PM More reviews by suuz37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolutely fantastic... ! I have very dry skin--- at night I use alone (face)...in the a.m. -- throw a few drops in my moisurizer... also GREAT to use alone on bod or mix with what you already use....
best of all it doesn't leave behind any grease feeling... and has so many other uses-- (removing makeup, hair/scalp conditioner, nails... this stuff even can lube your engine.. and I mean that literally .. not figuratively..) ... Anyway, great find.. thanx to everyones reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2003 4:32:00 PM More reviews by emmes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been using this product for over a month... and i have finally decided that it is time to RAVE!! i'm soo thankful to all you MUAers who recommended jojobal oil. it has been a blessing to my normal/dry sensitive skin. i use this every night as my nighttime moisturizer and i wake up w/ baby soft, smooth, glowing skin. i also use it on my hair. i find that it has also done wonders on my thermal reconditioned hair and dry ends. i bought my dessert essence bottle at trader joe's for under $10. i really recommend this product.. and suggest that everyone go out and get a bottle. jojoba oil is versatile... you can use it anywhere!! my only gripe is the packaging. its a bit messy. i plan on purchasing a "dropper" type bottle to put the jojoba oil in... i will definitely repurchase this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great staple to have around. I do not use it as a moisturizer though except to spot treat really dry spots. It is great for removing M/U, mixing with sugar for a scrub, mixing with pot concealer so it goes on easier, etc. There are so many uses for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by twelvepercentt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is as great as everyone said it is! But the packaging isn't so great! Not to deter me. When I can afford another Aromaleigh order, I will add to the order (for dirt cheap) a 1/2 cobalt blue glass dropper bottle to put some in. ($2.25, and pretty) This would be a great way to use it for moisturizer. The container as is will be fine for the hot oil scalp treatment, which is much more pleasant then dandruff shampoo a couple times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2003 1:37:00 AM More reviews by travolta

I've been using jojoba oil for a couple of weeks now and I definitely like how my skin feels. Sometimes, it's not moisturizing enough to get rid of all my flakes, but then again, I am a flaky flaky person. Usually, it does its job wonderfully, PLUS, it really lasts forever and is quite cheap. Overall, I really like it and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jaypulliam

I love this stuff, it's cheap and amazing-just what I like. I use retin-a and this really calms my skin when i mix it with an spf during the day. my face doesn't feel tight and make-up really glides on top. wonderful stuff. and i am very very acne prone, this doesn't aggravate