July 26, 2014 | 942 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Lillia

I started on Accutane a few months ago to address minor but persistent cystic acne. I was paranoid about my skin getting dry, so I began to mix 1-2 drops of jojoba oil with some enriched aloe vera gel (Vegecel by Aubrey Organics) and patting it all over my face after washing it at night. I did this on the theory that because jojoba oil is supposed to be so similar to the skin's natural oils, it would be a good way to compensate for the drying effects of Accutane. I realize it may be total dumb luck or coincidence, but I've had no problems with my face getting too dry (unlike the rest of me, which is constantly dry and in need of lotion), and my skin has never looked clearer or more radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2003 4:33:00 PM More reviews by suuz37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolutely fantastic... ! I have very dry skin--- at night I use alone (face)...in the a.m. -- throw a few drops in my moisurizer... also GREAT to use alone on bod or mix with what you already use....
best of all it doesn't leave behind any grease feeling... and has so many other uses-- (removing makeup, hair/scalp conditioner, nails... this stuff even can lube your engine.. and I mean that literally .. not figuratively..) ... Anyway, great find.. thanx to everyones reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2003 4:32:00 PM More reviews by emmes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been using this product for over a month... and i have finally decided that it is time to RAVE!! i'm soo thankful to all you MUAers who recommended jojobal oil. it has been a blessing to my normal/dry sensitive skin. i use this every night as my nighttime moisturizer and i wake up w/ baby soft, smooth, glowing skin. i also use it on my hair. i find that it has also done wonders on my thermal reconditioned hair and dry ends. i bought my dessert essence bottle at trader joe's for under $10. i really recommend this product.. and suggest that everyone go out and get a bottle. jojoba oil is versatile... you can use it anywhere!! my only gripe is the packaging. its a bit messy. i plan on purchasing a "dropper" type bottle to put the jojoba oil in... i will definitely repurchase this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great staple to have around. I do not use it as a moisturizer though except to spot treat really dry spots. It is great for removing M/U, mixing with sugar for a scrub, mixing with pot concealer so it goes on easier, etc. There are so many uses for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by twelvepercentt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is as great as everyone said it is! But the packaging isn't so great! Not to deter me. When I can afford another Aromaleigh order, I will add to the order (for dirt cheap) a 1/2 cobalt blue glass dropper bottle to put some in. ($2.25, and pretty) This would be a great way to use it for moisturizer. The container as is will be fine for the hot oil scalp treatment, which is much more pleasant then dandruff shampoo a couple times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2003 1:37:00 AM More reviews by travolta

I've been using jojoba oil for a couple of weeks now and I definitely like how my skin feels. Sometimes, it's not moisturizing enough to get rid of all my flakes, but then again, I am a flaky flaky person. Usually, it does its job wonderfully, PLUS, it really lasts forever and is quite cheap. Overall, I really like it and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jaypulliam

I love this stuff, it's cheap and amazing-just what I like. I use retin-a and this really calms my skin when i mix it with an spf during the day. my face doesn't feel tight and make-up really glides on top. wonderful stuff. and i am very very acne prone, this doesn't aggravate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just have to rave about the wonders of jojoba oil. I have been using it for the past few months and am still impressed. Primarily, I use it as a mascara/eye makeup remover. It works wonders at removing waterproof eye makeup and leaves the eye area very nicely moisturized. Also, I have used it as a moisturizer and as a pre-face wash massage/moisture treatment. I have not had any breakouts from this product...and many have posted that it helps unclog pores. I think this may be a YMMV product as some people who are acne prone have posted that jojoba breaks them out. I think it all depends on the individual. I did not have trouble with it breaking me out and I am very breakout prone. Even though it is an "oil" it is actually a liquid wax and does not feel greasy once absorbed into the skin. My only complaint is that it does not come in some sort of "dropper" container, because it is hard to control the amount of product coming out. This stuff is worth a try ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Megleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a jojoba oil devotee for about 2 years now - I love it! It is a wonderful night moisturizer for my oily, acne-prone skin. It is a non-oily oil! I also love it as a conditioning treatment for my dry, curly hair. I rub it into the ends and wrap it in a towel overnight. It also works great as a moisturizer for my hands at night with those cotton moisturizing gloves.
My only gripe is the packaging of the container. I have bought 2 bottles and the cap broke on both, which makes it hard to get the oil to come out with out getting it all over everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2003 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sfgal

after reading about this product on the skin care board i decided to give it a shot. typically the thought of applying any type of oil to my acne prone/oily face would have me run shrieking from a room, i felt reassured by what i read. i have to say that i love the slight tingley sensation this creates. i notice that my skin seems more balanced with oil production. the redness of my face is dissipatating and i have no flair ups of acne. i use this only in the evening and the Purezone cleansing line. overall i am thrilled and i hope that my skin will continue to improve as i use this longer. my only gripe is with the packaging of this product. i suspect that i will find a package that is more user friendly in the future so i will transfer the product to that.