Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 10/9/2003 7:31:00 PM

I couldn't find desert essence, so I bought a generic brand (i think it's called NOW). Works pretty well I think! The only things that bother me are: the bottle it came in is really bad, i wound up transfering some of the oil to another container; it's a whole lot more pricey than other oils that I saw at the store. In any case, it's a great moisturizer for the money!

on 10/9/2003 7:24:00 PM

Okay....I didn't buy Desert Essence, I just bought some generic brand off the internet. Pure jojoba is a Pure jojoba. It doesn't matter if it is brand name or not. I was unable to review this under the Unlisted Brand--jojoba title, so I am going to review it here. I love this stuff. I originally bought this for my hair. I am trying to get my hair back to it's "virgin" state. You know, no color and no highlighting. I put this on before bed, and it makes my hair really soft and shiney. This is expecially great for those dry ends in between haircuts. I also use this on my legs and sometimes add it to my body moisturizer. I have not tried this on my face yet. I am a little nervous about that. After reading the reviews here I think I will consider it. :) You can buy this off the internet in bulk size for dirt cheap. I bought a 32oz. for $19. I simply can not live without this stuff. This is one of those....If I was stranded on a desert island ...... extremely multi-functional, lip moisturized, legs, hair.....you name it! And it is scent free! At least I can't detect any scent. Did I mention it's cheap! Yeah!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used several brands of 100% jojoba, and fins that they are all pretty much the same. Jojoba Care is has excellent packaging and is the least pricey. This is my HG moisturizer. I pat some on over my BHA at night, or it as eye makeup remover. Wonderful stuff that does not cause me to breal out.

on 8/26/2003 1:51:00 PM

I've been using this as an body and facial moisturizer. on my body, it leaves my skin nice and smooth. As a facial moisturizer, my dry patches of skin have become less noticable. Only rant (and it isn't actually associated with the actual prodect itself) is that Wild Oats was selling it for $12US and I found it at Trader Joe's for about $6! For the same size!

on 8/23/2003 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best night moisturizer I can find..Makes my face smooth the next morning and loosens my pimples..I use a dermatologist cream for pimples but this dries out my skin like crazy the next morning. My skin used to always be flaky, but this stuff really works!

In the beginning it made my face break out a little..But I read on the web that this is normal because it's loosening all the dirt from inside your pores. If you can just get by the first week or two your skin will be much better.

(I read online that jojoba oil is actually a wax that has the texture of oil..It has a similar chemical composition of sebum, skin's natural oils, so it tricks the skin and tends to loosen pimples..so don't squeeze ladies!)

I use it at night only because it feels a bit too greasy for the day time.

--------------------
UPDATE
-------------------
my skin has all these small bumps all over it..chin, forehead.. and now I am going to a dermatologist every week to get rid of them..My doctor says they are small pimples..I used the bottle for my hands for a while but now I just threw away the bottle completely..Too scared to touch it...BEWARE ladies..
After throwing the bottle away my skin has gotten much better..

on 8/9/2003 11:05:00 PM

This stuff works wonders!!! This is the absolute best moisturizer for my combination skin, after reading the wonderful reviews on MUA I went out and bought the dessert essence one at Trader Joe's and have been using it for about a week and a half now and I'm already noticing the results...my skin is clearer than ever before, my pores are WAY smaller I don't even notice them anymore and scars I had on my face from picking pimples are gone...and the best part about it is when I put this on my face it leaves my oily skin completely matte which is wonderful because moisturizers I've purchased before that claim to reduce shine didn't do anything for me but this oil actually works it's my absolute favorite and I'm using this from now on!!!

on 8/7/2003 10:00:00 AM

I have combination skin and my face is easily irritated by almost ANY skin care product. I couldn't find Desert Essence so bought a different brand of Jojoba Oil at Whole Foods and for the first 2-3 weeks I loved the effects. My face no longer had as many red irritated days or flaky skin. Maybe I overdosed on my daily usage, but recently all of my combinatio skin problems have come back with a vengeance. Will try only using it overnight a few times a week - because when it worked, my face looked fabulous. Best $9.50 ever spent at Whole Foods!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've lemminged a lot of things because of my Livejournal-like addiction to checking out the most recent additions to MUA, but... thank you for this one. Seriously. So I haven't tried Desert Essence jojoba oil -- I'm using my health food store's in-house stuff. But as long as whatever you get is labeled "100% pure," I don't see a problem. So, really. Never again with the pricey moisturizers when an ounce of the smoothest stuff on earth is $2.50. I look fabulous, darling. continued >>

on 8/1/2003 11:42:00 AM

I am sorry but I bought this b/c of all the rave reviews. However, it made me break out after only using it twice. Perhaps my skin is just extra sensitive. I will not be purchasing this again. :O(

on 8/1/2003 9:32:00 AM

Who would have known that something so simple and so inexpensive would work so wonderfully! I wish I would have known about this 10 years ago! This makes my skin so soft and I rarely, if ever, break out. I highly recommend using jojoba oil as a moisturizer!

Popular Moisturizers