NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 6/5/2010 6:55:00 PM

I got matched at sephora yesterday. I must say this color matches me perfectly (punjab: I am NC 30 and 4 Natural in Bobbi Brown) I hear you should only use this with water based primer (so my smashbox photo finish is perfect). It makes my skin glow but not too dewy. I got my hopes up when I saw the pump at sephora but the lady says the pumps were only for display purposes. :( Oh well. Overall, if you have dry sensitive asian skin like me it works wonders! I will just this sparingly bc of the $40 price tag (and the bottle looks way smaller in person, hence the 2 rating on price)

on 6/5/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My last HG fndt., which was Kanebo cream finish, was discontinued about a year ago, and ever since I've searched for a new one. I think my search can be called off. Although I've only tried it once as I got it today, I can already say this is my new HG. It feels light as if I didn't wear any fndt. at all, but gives nice coverage. I think it does as it says giving a nice "glow". I got it in the shade Mont Blanc which suits my pale skin perfectly. I will update if this breaks me out or loses it's HG status.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is definitely HG for me! I am in love. I mean it's not sticky at all. It applies smoothly, makes your skin look airbrushed, kissed, and glowing. It feels like wearing nothing on your face, even in the summer. I have combination skin and this foundation was not oily on my skin or drying. It was just perfect. Being NC 43-45, I've always had problems with foundations being too orange or too red on me, and making me look like I had spend hours in the sun; however, Nars actually has shades for people of all skin tones that do not give off orange and red tones. Now my face matches my chest, and neck. I do agree with other reviewers that I would have loved a pump; I hate putting my fingers on the product to apply it. I am applying sheer glow with the MAC 109 or 165 LE brushes. Both do a great job with application. Lastly, I am using Sheer Glow in Cadiz. *Now that it is summer, I am adding half a pea sized amount of Sheer Glow in Macao to a dime sized amount of Cadiz.

on 6/3/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this for 6months and it's overall a fantastic foundation. I have sensitive dry skin and this oil free formula is still great on my skin.

What I really like about it is;

-the consistency - very easily to apply using foundation, kabuki or fingers! nars foundations have a warmth activator where you get more of a natural finish using your fingers

-coverage - although it says sheers it's rather medium.

-photography - perfect for photos as ur face doesn't appear white in photos as with all Nars products

On the other hand, which is a minor problem but it's not suitable for a day look unless you hardly put n e on. Also the colour range is rather strange - it suddenly drops to a deep colour between Fiji, Punjab to Barcelona.

I'm using Barcelona but I mix it with my MUFE foundation which is too light and I wear this day and night time.

i'm using this again since i'm super tanned now, and i don't mix it with any other foundation. i use it day and night time and it is superb! people have been commenting on how great my skin looks.

for the day i use my fingers to apply for a more natural look. for night i use a brush then my fingers as this has more coverage.

the most important thing is that this doesn't clog my skin :D i will be buying the fiji coloured in winter when i'm lighter :D

on 6/3/2010 2:32:00 PM

I have finally discovered my HG foundation. I have tried both NARS Sheer Glow and NARS Sheer Matte and Glow beats Matte, hands down. I have combination skin-- my t-zone is incredibly oily while my cheeks are dry and flaky. SG actually controlled my oil better than SM and had much better coverage (sheer to medium). [It's also very buildable for heavier coverage.] I like that it's really easy to work with and spread around my face, and it doesn't accentuate my flaky areas on my cheeks like SM did. My BF said that this foundation made my skin look the most natural out of any foundation I've tried thus far!

For reference I use LM Translucent Loose powder to set. I'm a medium olive skin tone and I use SG in Stromboli.

This foundation has been fantastic for me during the australian winter where my skin flips and goes from combination to dry. it gives me the finish and coverage i want. something buildable but not cakey, evens out my complexion and leaves it looking like real, healthy skin. im an nc25, light-medium skin with pink undertones. sante fe i believe is described as having a peach undertone which completely helps cancel out the redness in my face. if you have yellow undertones and are around nc25, fiji would definately be a better choice.

this is catered for dry skin and i love the formula as it just glides on effortlessly and feels hydrating. makes it so easy to work with your fingers for a flawless finish (which is how it is recommended). if you have oily skin i dont think this would be suitable, as i noticed it does start to sloth around my nose area if i don't keep it nice and matte. but at the moment im loving it because it smooths out my complexion so beautifully, where most foundations hilights the dryness in your face (MUFE HD, Shu uemera FA for me). i completely agree however, that this bottle definately needs a pump, it gets so messy.

i think the secret to this foundation however, is that LESS IS DEFINATELY MORE. i find if you apply too much, the excess will just slide around the face, especially in oily areas. use concealer to help cancel out uneveness and use this to create a healthy complexion and it will work like a dream.

on 6/2/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Ok...Great product. Only two problems: The shade selections for NC40's-NC44's stink and I wish it had a pump. I wear shade Barcelona because Syracuse has too much pink/peach pigment, so fo you NC42/43 girls with yellow coloring, Syracuse might not look right. I use a dime size amount for my entire face with concealer (a little) and use either my studiofix powder or Msf skinfinish natural with MUFE HD powder to seal and it looks great....but to make sure it doesn't look too light, I add a little bronzer and I'm good to go! For Reference I am MAC NC42/43.

on 6/2/2010 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I heard so much about this product, and I must say, I don't really think it's so awesome.

To start, it DOES cover imperfections and spots well, but it didn't give my face a noticable glow.

Infact, my face was quite grey and dull (and I have olive, reasonably clear skin)

It blends well, and the colour was alright (however, I do believe the colour didn't give my skin enough vibrance).

I like this product, but the price is too high. I much prefer other foundations from Estee Lauder!

on 6/1/2010 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love the color barcelona for covering up any dark spots on my face and evening out skin color BUT this product is way over hyped in my opinion. It doesn't make your skin glow, I have no idea where that came about. I think everyone just jumps on the "love bandwagon" along with others instead of independantly thinking half the time. This is no different than any other average foundation but the price isn't so average. But on the other hand, maybe it's just my skin. Try it for yourself!! Personally, I'll stick to my MAC studio fix

Packaging: Messy and the lid never screws on tight. The product gets gunked up around the sides and in the cap. Not so pleasant.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this foundation. I feel like I look a little to wet... not exactly dewy but wet... My husband said that I looked extremely shiny... SO I have to figure out a way to keep the dewy finish and not look wet, but overall one of my favorite foundations. I reach for this more than all others!

Video Reviews & Tutorials