Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/23/2011 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It took me forever to convince myself to try MUFE's foundations just because of the price! Finally I was just fed up with always having to settle for foundations that were too dark for my skin and I bit the bullet and tried this. It's amazing how big of a difference having a foundation that actually matches your skin tone makes - I ended up being a near perfect match to 110. At Sephora, the display claimed this was a full coverage foundation and I totally disagree (at least the way I apply it and the way the SA applied it for me in the store) - I have that wonderfully freckled pale Irish skin and I find this foundation does not fully cover my freckles. I have freckles everywhere else, why would I want to fully cover them on my face? I apply this foundation with a MAC 187 brush and would say I get light to medium coverage using this brush and a stippling technique - one pump of this foundation is usually sufficient to cover my face so I imagine this bottle will last me a little while.

I've been using this foundation for about a week now and so far my skin seems fairly happy with it, no increase in breakouts or blackheads. This foundation feels light on my skin, I can't really detect that I have it on and with the MUFE HD Finishing Powder my foundation stays in place throughout my entire workday (which, as a grad student, can be in excess of 8 hours a day). Assuming this foundation doesn't break me out at some point, I've found my HG and I will repurchase - the cost is well worth it when you take in consideration that 1. it actually matches my skintone and 2. it makes me look flawless.

on 2/23/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm really sold to MUFE for everything besides mascaras. I have so many products from them that I'm ashame to say it.

I actually really like this foundation now but I'm not IN LOVE like with the face and body foundation.

I have dry-sensitive skin so I find this a bit drying. I don't recommand primer for sensitive skin it is way to heavy for the skin. I apply this fondation on a heavy moisturiser with a damp latex free sponge. I had a second layer on my chin were I have mor scars and on the edge of my nose.

I finish everything with a bronzer.

This is my winter/made out foundation. I the summer I still prefer the face and body foundation.

on 2/22/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I never thought I would pay this much for a bottle of foundation. I believe a bottle of this is about $40. But hey, it is very good foundation :)
The main reason I would recommend this is because, which so many shades to choose from, you're more likely to find a perfect match then with other foundations. I found my perfect match and it looked so natural on me. I loved my skin when I wore this.
The foundation itself has decent staying power, doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin, and has pretty nice coverage.

My only problem with this foundation is the price! $40, to me, is very expensive for foundation. Yes, it is a good quality product, but I have found other foundations for much less that work very good to.

This is a splurge, and in the future I might treat myself to another bottle, but for now I will use drugstore brand foundations and use the money I save for other things. If you have the money though, and want to really treat yourself, this is the product to use it on!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I took me a while to get myself to buy this foundation. And im super happy i did because this product is awesome! It has natural coverage and has good color ranges so you can find ur perfect shade. Mine is 123 and in mac im a NC35. One con that i do not like about this is i have oily skin, and the dewy-ness of this makes my skin a little more oily. But other than that love it! I just need to find my perfect setting powder and im good to go :)

on 2/19/2011 1:11:00 AM

After all of the hype of this foundation from gurus I decided to purchase it. The coverage is amazing and feels almost weightless on the skin. The finish is a little dewy and is not something I like very much. It looks great right after application however, as the day progresses my skin starts to look incredibly oily (especially on my nose), to the point where my MAC Blot Powder does not help (and that is a great product with mineral foundation).

on 2/16/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I will not be using this as an everyday foundation because it does tend to make me look made up and it is very expensive. I have this in 110 and it is the only shade light enough for my skin that I can buy in town. As such, I will repurchase, as it does cover imperfections nicely.

on 2/15/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

IN LOVE with this foundie!! Beautiful flawless coverage without feeling cakey or looking heavily made up unlike Studio fix fluid which i find cakes on me an makes me break out like a mother!! i'm NC42 and use #153 in this and must say it's an amazing colour match!! Soo expensive but really worth it! :) x

on 2/10/2011 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Love this foundation! Has a truly fantastic finish. Provides great coverage while not looking like you're made up. Although you can build coverage with this stuff so if you want to look made up, then that's possible as well. Lasts all day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I began using this during Spring/Summer and it was pretty good stuff. Now that it's winter and the weather is drying I hate this foundation. It gets stuck in my pores, amplifies any flakes I might have, and overall doesn't look very good. I've experimented with a multitude of primers and moisturizers as well as different applications (fingers, brush, sponge) but this stuff gets stuck in pores every single time

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really do love this foundation. I'm NW47 in MAC and in this foundation I am #180. This foundation is dead on! I have a problem with MAC sometimes coming off to red for me but not this one. I applied this foundation with my Flat top Buffer brush from Coastal Scents and the results were amazing. The foundation isn't full coverage and it's a nice natural look. I have extremly sensitive skin and this didn't break me out like the MAC Studio Fix Fluid.The only gripe I have about this foundation is that I got a little oily in my t-zone after about 2 hours, so you have to keep blotting.

on 2/9/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a fantastic special occasion foundation. It gives very even, natural looking coverage, and skin has a healthy glow. While expensive, it's definitely worth it. I don't use it but once or twice a week, so it lasts me quite a while. The two main drawbacks are the price, and the fact that it doesn't mattify. As I have oily skin, I can't use it for situations where I may be sweating a lot.

Video Reviews & Tutorials