September 1, 2014 | 969 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by layla10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on a mission to find the perfect foundation that works for me and my skin type. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone combination skin. I bought the make up forever HD foundation in #120 Shell. I've tried all sorts of foundations from Laura Mercier, Nars, Chanel Lumiere, Maybelline Matte Mousse, L'Oreal True Match, Revlon Color Stay you name it, and nothing compares to this one! It was $44.00 at Sephora,it was well worth the money. To sum it up it's got great medium to full coverage, it's light and lets my face breathe, it gives my skin a beautiful flawless dewy look. I'm crazy about it and it's now my HG :) Wish i would've tried this one first. Would have saves me a lot of time and $$

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always used Face & Body but I wanted to give this a try after it was first introduced since I'm a fan of the Make Up For Ever. This unfortunately though just did not work for me, it was just way too heavy & thick for me. It does have good coverage but this is one of those foundations that is very hard to work w/ if you have dry skin. If you have skin that's on the dry side, you have to moisturize extremely well in order for this to work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by weese

Before my wedding last year, I went to Sephora and begged the saleswoman to find something that matched my skin, would stay on my face all day, and cover my medium-serious dark spots left over from years of acne. I didn't honestly have high hopes when she steered me towards this super pricey foundation, but guess what? I totally freaking love it. It is perfection in a bottle. My face looked flawless and I can layer it on all day without it looking unnatural or oily.
I normally use 125 when I'm at my palest and I was upgrading to 128 in the summer when I had a tan. It never looks orange, it just looks like your real, perfect skin. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I used to be one of those people who thought high end makeup was a waste of money. Although I could afford it, I prefered to save my money on drugstore brands (I still do for mascara & lipstick). I had been using L'Oreal's new Visible Lift Serum makeup and I liked it, however, it wasn't exactly a perfect match and my skin seemed oily by the end of the day and I looked like I was wearing makeup. I'd been hearing all about MUFE on here so I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. I am now a convert. This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I have tried other HE brands by the way, and never felt the product justified the price. This time it does. The coverage on me is full yet it still feels and looks natural. And it lasts all day with primer. I put it on yesterday at 9 am and at 9 pm my makeup still looked fresh and natural with minimal oil. The coverage is perfect. It doesn't completely cover my darker brown age spots but it definitely minimizes them. I actually ordered online from Sephora and with their descriptions ordered the perfect shade. I used 120 Sand. Previously I used Sand Beige with Revlon, Stila 40, Lancome Dual Finish Ecru II, and Nude Beige with L'Oreal. I have a yellow tint to my skin and this matches perfectly. I still prefer drugstore mascaras and lipsticks but for foundations & powder, I prefer the MUFE line for sure. For me it's definitely worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by knicks

In general, I think this is an okay foundation. It evens out the skintone and it produce a radiant glow. The MUA matched me a colour too dark where i look slightly orange. Now, it is too late to exchange so it is now just sitting on my shelf. Im just hoping that i will be able to use it when im tan in the summer. My only issue with this foundation is that it doesn't provide enough coverage for my acne scarring and will still need to use concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Clittzen

I can definitely say the price is worth it for the product. After scrambling around using many different kinds of foundation (MAC, Chanel, you name it), I am in love with MUF HD. It is the best foundation I have EVER used. I waited a few weeks of using it to make sure I was going to post an honest review, even though I loved it the first day. It matches my skin tone perfectly, which is hard because I have very very light skin. It doesn't make my skin oily, or dry it out. I don't break out with it and it stays on all day, which I need since I am in a hospital setting running around.

I love this foundation and will be buying again. I do need to use a moisturizer with the foundation so it applies smoother and looks cleaner, but it actually enhances the foundation. I use the Chanel Kabuki to apply it which does an amazing job, and I set it with Chanel Poudre Cristalline.

I never get oily spots after a few hours either like I did with MAC's Studio Fix, I don't even need to re-set my foundation throughout the day it just stays looking great!

The colour I use is 117, I used to have to go in between Gentle Ivory with Chanel and NC15 for MAC. Neither one matched my skin tone. MAC is too orange and cakey, Chanel didnt stay long enough and had a yellow tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by OliviaImage

I am a professional makeup artist specializing in beauty makeup and this is one of my must haves for bridal and beauty.
The colors are perfect and easily mixed with other shades to get almost every skin tone.
Best part is that when applied correctly, it is invisible to the naked eye and on camera.
You do need to shake the product because it's a silicone based product. Some expressed here how it was cakey and I'm pretty sure it wasn't applied correctly.

Another way to reduce cakiness of any foundation including this one is to exfoliate the skin and have a good hydrated base THEN a moisturizer to seal it in. To help it last even longer, you then can use a primer ontop.

Skin work is 40% of the makeup application itself so taking care of your skin is a must.

I actually bought this like because it is the least cakey foundation that gives this much coverage. You can stare at your skin very close in the mirror (some of my clients do this) and find the least amount of makeup that shows up visually to the eye with this foundation that gives that much coverage (tinted moisturizers don't count!)

Best part about it us that it is not necessary to powder after the application in which most foundations require you to keep a dull satin finish for hd. Once applied and dried it already gives the finish with having to add on and cake another layer of powder on.

Many photographers love how my skin shows up in camera because it's dull satin matte finish!

For personal use I only want to use this foundation and even without primer in my t-zone, it doesn't end up melting and disappearing or overly shiny after a hard working 8 hr day.

I did this bride http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs465.ash2/73873_457224609839_124235374839_5310871_1506153_n.jpg with MUFE HD and she had a lot of discoloration, a lot of breakouts and you can see how unnoticeable the breakouts are in natural light. This photo isn't edited either. I applied it with a damp sponge in a dabbing motion, then blended the edges nicely so there's no line of demarcation.

If you can't see the picture, you can go to my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olivia-Image-Makeup-Artist-and-Hair-Toronto-Area/124235374839 and then go under weddings.

I hope this review helps you and feel free to message me if you have any questions about this product!

35 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by candyjanney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY! I have found a brand of liquid foundation that works on my skin! I'm usually a powder foundation girl but it looks like I've switched. On a whim I decided to try Make Up Forever liquid foundations in Face & Body and HD and WOW! Both look SO AMAZING on my skin! I've never in my 29 years ave found a liquid foundation that looked natural on my skin. I hate to sound vain but after applying this stuff I've found myself just staring at how amazing, flawless and natural my skin looks! It's a very expensive brand but for me it's worth it. Both bottles are beautifully packaged and look like they'll last a good long while. Face & Body is a little more sheer than HD but I can layer without any issues. I highly recommend you girls at least try it!

I'm shade 117 in HD and 38 in Face & Body and both seem to look amazing even tho 38 is a little bit pinker. The primer I used with them is Make Up Forever's HD Primer in the pink shade. I applied both foundations with a stippling brush, a flat foundation brush, and a sponge, and I got a flawless look every time!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Ambush

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this makeup. I apply it with fingers. I was told to use a stipple brush ($$$). Stays on well, doesn't change color or get greasy throughout the day. I was using with primer at first. The silicones in the primer made me breakout with little bumps. Got rid of the primer and the makeup is fine. You have to be light handed when applying or it will look cakey. It really evens out my sometimes red, splotchy skin tone and hides little veins. A little goes a long way so it lasts. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sinderella9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a foundation run, trying to choose between MUFE HD and Nars Sheer Glow... I picked this because it was less oily and had more coverage, but now, I've fallen out of love. The finish is really FLAT to me. And when I try to build it up, it gets caky and gross-looking. Don't get me wrong, this is a great foundation, better than drugstore ones... it feel very light on your skin and if applied with care, it looks natural. But the lasting power ain't all that great. Also, I like a more yellow tone to my face and this makes me come off pink. :( I regret not getting Nars sheer glow!

Nonetheless, it's NICE. But... not worth the 40$. I think I'll get the new MAC prolong wear foundation... it's cheaper, too! >__<

But honestly, my skin isn't that bad. It's actually pretty good. So when I applied this foundation at first, i expected a WOW difference but... I didn't look very different. That might be why I'm not too in love with this.