April 20, 2014 | 2051 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by h0n3yd0ll

I've tried a lot of different dept. store liquid foundations but this is definitely the best by far!It gave me great full coverage and I didn't break out!When I bought this @ Sephora I asked for a foundation with great coverage and EASY/FAST application.You can wear primer under for maximum coverage but trust me you won't have to!Just apply like you would a moisturizer....i love...love..LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This is the best liquid foundation I have ever used. I love that even though as oily as I am. Using powder alone I would be very glossy faced by the day so I knew had to do something else. I was going into Sephora to try the matte BE. Which I had a bad experience with with the original BE (it made me break out) So never really thought of even coming close to liquid just because I have such oily. This stuff stays up. Even though when i don't use any primer it still makes my skin look dewy and not greasy. Which is very impressive. This stuff matches great and glides on my skin with my brush like a dream. I have not had a problem with it rubbing off like my smashbox. This stuff is the shit and I used to love Shiseido but surprisingly enough I think I found the one. When I take off my makeup I don't look hideous. Doesn't look like it is doing any damage to my skin. I really can't feel like I am wearing makeup either. It is very light like powder. LOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by urth2leesha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for a little over a week and I like it very much. I'd say it was a medium coverage product. I will say that I don't have blemishes or skin discolorations to cover. I just need to even out my skin tone. My skin is very dry, and I purchased the MUFE HD primer/elixir/powder kit to try along with it. I really do like all of the products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I was matched to 115 on a trip to New York by an SA in a Sephora store . But when i got it home it looked way to pink for me, Im Nc15 in Mac foundations for ref. So i swapped it away. I did some research and swapped for 117 which is the perfect shade for me . I have very oily skin and its hard to find a foundation that will last on me i do get oily on my t zone after a few hours. this would be a day foundation for me just because it wouldn't last on my oily skin on a night out in hot clubs. It is such a beautiful foundation and so easy to work with. I would rec it to anyone wanting a He foundation that has normal - dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over 2 months now. The MUA at the MUFE counter recommended I try this when I told her I had oily to combination skin, but wanted something lightweight. She matched me to the shade in 117, which is a perfect match.

I would say that this foundation blends beautifully into my skin. I use the ELF powder brush with this, and it takes me less than 15 seconds to even out my skin tone. If you have freckles like me, they will still show through as it really is a medium coverage foundation and I use slightly less than 1 pump. I set it with MAC's Prep and Prime and I'm good to go. At first I didn't think this foundation was a big deal and not worth the 75dollars I paid to get it at Sephora in my country. Recently, I switched to MAC's Face and Body Foundation and realised that within 2 hours, my t zone had become an oil slick, which happened with all the other foundations i've used prior to MUFE HD. I don't know what it is about this foundation, but MUFE HD + MAC prep and prime really controls the oil on my t zone area and is irreplaceable to me. I used the prep and prime with the mac f&b as well, but didn't achieve near-similar results. It also looks amazing in pictures; even though i'm the most un-photogenic person I know, this foundation does make me look slightly better. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm editing this and adding one more lipstick to make this the best. Forget how I feel about the packaging. What is IN this package is my Go-to, Holy Grail foundation. After trying Lancome's lifting foundation and having the totally wroing color, having it oxodize and collect in my little lines. I realize now that MUFE HD foundation IS the best stuff around for me. Listen--if you have "mature" skin, and have not tried this foundation yet--give it a try. There are so many shades to choose from and it is the only foundation that matches my skin (135 Vanilla) completely. The price is worth it. Does not oxodize, no orangey (if you find the correct shade), makes your skin flawless. Just perfect.

There are some great qualities regarding this foundation, and other not-so great. I'll start with what I like:

First off, my color in this line is 135, Vanilla, Medium w. pink undertones. The fair was way too light and pasty and this medium proved to be the correct color--especially since I use it layered over my Cover FX creme foundation. Actually, I start off with my Cerave moisterizer, then primer, then boots Highlighter, THEN the Cover FX foundation then the Liquid Foundation.

I like the way this blends into my skin and does last all day. Does it get 'rid" of very fine lines? No. When I look at myself in my magnifying mirror I can still see those pesky fine lines (but hey, I'm 55), but under a normal mirror you cannot see those lines. It blends well enough to not see a line of demarcation AND it does NOT oxodize and turn orange--which is an absolute amazing quality. It gives a nice smooth finish to my skin. Please note, I do not wear this foundation in the summer. I only wear liquid foundation in the winter and now that it is the end of Sept...well..you know.... All in all, this does the job pretty well.

Here's what I don't like...to some it may be quite trivial, but to me it just bothers me and gets on my nerves. The packaging. As you may be familiar with the packaging of this foundation, it is a pump bottle. The pump is fine. However, the bottle itself, is colored. The bottle is a foundation color and is opague. Therefore, you cannot tell how much product is left in the bottle. I kept checking this out--in comparision, my boots highlighter is in a similar pump bottle, but I can see how much I've used. With this HD foundation, it is a total surprize save for the fact that as you are reaching the bottom of the barrel the pumping becomes less strong. Suffice it to say, as I was getting ready this morning. I ran out of product which drove me nuts.
Perhaps to some this isn't a big deal--but for the $40 price tag on this item, it would be nice if there was an indication of when it is time to repurchase. ARRRGHHHH!! So frustrating.

I will repurchase this because I happen to like this foundation and trust me, it is a pain in the neck trying to find a color to match and not turn orange.

That's it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kmp1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I waited a LONG time to purchase this foundation. $40 just seemed a bit pricey compared to my usual MAC Studio Fix Fluid ($25 i think?) But after using MAC for about a year, it all of the sudden starting breaking me out like crazy! I've never been a fan of the cakey appearance it gives if you put too much on, either. So after researching foundations for a few months, I finally decided on this one. I went to my local Sephora and had one of the MA's help me pick out a shade. She said this is one of the most popular foundations. I found a shade that matched my skin perfectly, and when I say perfectly, I'm NOT exaggerating! It's like my skin but 8539053x better. What I love the most about this foundation is that you don't need to use a lot for good coverage, but it is very buildable. And honestly, no matter how much you use it never looks cakey, which is amazing! It makes my skin look so soft, smooth and flawless! It also gives kind of that dewey appearance, which I like, for my age at least. I would definitely recommend this foundation to anyone, in my opinion it is worth the price ( although I wish they would lower it a little! ). The only reason I took a lippie off was because of the price :/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Shearz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

BOTOX IN A BOTTLE!!!!!!!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It is truly amazzzing. I was in Sephora about a month ago, shopping for ANOTHER liquid foundation (that i read great reviews on) and the sales girl said that she wanted to recommend another foundation for that she thought based on my needs, her suggestion would be best. Her suggestion was MUFE HD INVISIBLE COVER. Well ladies you know how we are..... my mind was set on what i wanted and was'nt interested in anything else< basically I was confused on what to get. So I didnt get anything. Back to the internet I gooooo checking the reviews on MUFE HD INVISIBLE COVER. I decided to go back to Sephora 3wks later to make my purchase..... I was soooo amazed on how well it match my skin tone, the texture and consistency were perfect. it literally disappeared into my skin. my skin looked flawless. You dont see makeup just flawless skin. What i really love is that it is a buildable coverage..... so you create your medium to full coverage. I have a few dark areas on my cheeks and 2 layers of product cover them completly, without feeling heavy, not only can you not see the product you dont feel it either. AND ITS NOT ALL OVER MY BLACKBERRY EITHER (lol). I've been using the product for about 10 days now. I've gotten tons of compliments on my skin and I get so excited to put my makeup on in the morning. It literally gives you a younger more youthful appearance it smooths your skin out so much you look like you've gotten minor work done. Just wished I had listened to that Sephora sales girl the 1st time....... my skin could have been looking this gooooood a month ago. Who knew???

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by colormechic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There has been a lot of hype surrounding this foundation
and being quite the adventurous person, I have decided to dive into it to see what the brouhaha is all about. My findings ... I absolutely detest this foundation with every fiber of my being!

Very harsh words, I know. But that is exactly how I felt after wearing it and test driving it twice. I have never seen the lines on my face so pronounced, not even with the nastiest foundation I thought I had the displeasure to encounter.

My shade is 153 it matches my skin tone quite nicely. And that is the only good thing about it. It feels rather heavy on me. It is suppose to be medium to full coverage but that doesn't mean it has to feel like foundations that grannies has to settle for in her years. (Before HD technology that is supposed to make us feel and look better).

When you pump it out, it does squirt out quite a lot of product so if you plan on testing this, be very gentle while pumping. I would totally recommend not using the pump but instead, twist open the pump head to get to the liquid instead.

After putting it on with brush ( doesn't work, streaks like mad!) I had to redo it again, this time with a wet sponge. It does become easier to blend. I waited a bit before setting it with a light powder. When I look into the mirror, I was petrified. I thought I aged 10 years in 10 minutes. Every visible lines in my face glared at me, every little pores appeared in all it's glory, every flakes that were invisible to me became the centerpiece of my face. Cakey is not even the right word to described what this foundation has done to my face.

On top of that, my face appears ashy and dull. I cannot believe it was me staring back at myself through the mirror.
I did not even want to finish up the rest of my makeup so I just washed everything away.

I tried to find a reason for this horrible outcome. Maybe I did not moisturize enough, maybe my skin was a little drier that day, perhaps I didn't use enough face primer, or could it be I applied too much?

So, I decided to give it another chance. I waited a few days, making sure that my skin is behaving at its best, drank plenty of water for hydration. I repeated the routine with a wet sponge, wait a bit and then powder. Once again, my aged self appeared before me, staring at me with that sinister look. Why did I even bother when the first time was bad enough.

I know this is HG for a lot of people and kudos to you for finding something that works for you. But for me to go through that aging process again while wearing this foundation, no, thank you very much.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly let me just make this clear ****THE PUMP DOES UNSCREW FROM THIS PRODUCT**** grab the base of the pump and it unscrews right out of the bottle. There seems to be a common misconception that this cannot be done.

Now- I have used several bottles of this product and like it just fine. I apply with a damp sponge for light to medium coverage and it wears very nicely. Can certainly show flakes so I don't usually wear it in the winter time. I'm medium neutral and I wear 150.

Edit- I found a way to wear it in winter. I mix it half and half with my Sue Devitt 70% Seaweed Gel foundation (which is super mositurizing). I apply that with my fingers and it doesn't show a single flaky and doesn't get shiny on me all day.