October 25, 2014 | 1860 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sarahnickatina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation blends so easily! I loved it! It does make you look flawless in any light, even in harsh florescent lighting. With the translucent powder it makes you look flawless and gives you a beautiful glow! I would but it again! I use it whenever i go out at night or have a special occasion. It's an okay everyday foundation but i think it might have made me have a few small breakouts, nothing major. Overall it's a fantastic foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by mijindo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

As much as I wanted this foundation to work for me, it didn't. It made me look like I had on a lot of makeup even when I used less than one pump. It didn't hide my blemishes but made them more noticeable because it was so heavy. It kind of just sat on my skin instead of blending. I tried it with a stippling brush, wet and dry makeup sponge, and with my fingers. It would just lie on top of my skin. Plus, it was way too expensive for a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I love that this doesn't break out my sensitive skin and makes me look radiant and fresh. The only downsides are the packaging - I realize that a fairly reasonable amount is being put down for this foundation, yet the bottle itself feels a bit 'dinky' in comparison to other brands...the cap, in specific. The other downside is that I find the foundation to really dry out the area of my nose and a couple hours into the day, I need a touch up as the makeup is already gone! But I would definitely recommend this product for women who want to have that 'glow'!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a couple of years ago i started to get very interested in this brand. One reason it took me so long was that it doesnt exist in Sweden (my country). But even though that was the case ive heard SO much about it on the net. I just couldnt not get interested. Funny though, this is the product ive bought last. I had so much expectations about it, and boy theyre all right. It makes the skin look flawless but manage to make like youre wearing nothing at all, whats more to ask for?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lisatw01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive, dry skin and am allergic to SPF. I thought that this would be great since it doesn't have SPF. It was horrible. I wore it out to dinner and washed it off at night. I didn't develop an allergic reaction during dinner, but the next morning, I broke out with cystic acne which lasted over a week. I'm used to developing rashes if the product is too irritating, but this was the worst and most severe reaction to any foundation. I recommend that if you have sensitive skin, try it on a small area of your cheek and wait at least one night to see if you are allergic. I'm sticking to my daily foundation which is Bobbi Brown's foundation stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kittycats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised this was so matte; I expected it to be silkier. It's definitely better for normal to oily skin than for dry. The coverage is light and the lightest color, 110, is quite light with a pink undertone but not overly pink, good for cool toned pale girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Anne3

So I bought the hype and bought this foundation in 120. I'm a NC20, and it's only a hair too light. My overall review: good, but meh.

Coverage: sheer to decent. I already have pretty good skin. This foundation gives me a nice even texture, but doesn't cover up my tiny-broken-capillaries-spot, and I still have to go over spots with concealer. I wish this foundation was a bit more pigmented.

Application: easy-peasy. I use my fingers to work it in, and it disappears into my skin pretty darn easily.

Wearability: sometimes I don't bother to set this with powder. It doesn't look cakey, and it doesn't oxidize, either. I give it 8 hours before I start getting a little shiney on my forehead. Overall, excellent.

But I wouldn't repurchase. For $40 per ounce, I expect near-perfect results, and overall, this product doesn't quite deliver.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation just didn't work for me. The SA told me I could use this even though I have oily skin. Unfortunately, I ended up looking like a greaseball as it slid off unevenly, leaving behind weird patches. I don't need a lot of coverage, but even upon initial application, this didn't look right on me. I can't make myself throw it away, so it's been sitting on my dresser and every so often, I give it another go (with different moisturizers, primers, etc.) and I just can't get it to work.

I do love the bottle and the pump though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this foundation because Ive been using Mac studio fix for 7 years and i started to realize its starting to look cakey and my skin is changing..Basiclly its not looking good anymore.
Well after reading all these fantastic reviews and watching make up gurus rave about this foundation i figured id give it a try.
First off I am NC40 in Mac, So i picked out 153# in MUFE. It is a tad bit lighter i feel than nc40 and it looks sooooooooooooooooooo natural and feels so much lighter.
My fiance even told me it looks like im not wearing any make up at all.
I recently tested this out at the gym threw a hard back workout than went out to dinner hours later (without showering, i know gross but last minute dinner plans) and i did not even have to touch it up!!
love it! try it! this is my new HG foundation hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by iamcrayon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the hype on mua and on youtube. I wanted to love this foundation but I overall wasn't satisfied with the satin finish. It made me look more oily then I really am and the foundation would rub off on my clothes (gross right?)

I actually stopped using it for a couple months and just recently went back to it just to finish off the bottle. Since I'm almost done I did consider repurchasing it again but decided to get the Mat Velvet + instead.

Overall, if you're combo/oily skin this may not be the foundation for you. I personally like highlighting my face and not letting the shine from my oils do that for me.

NC45 and bought shade 173