MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 6/2/2009 9:06:00 PM

I've started using the fluid line in blacktrack for about 3 weeks now and I've got to admit it's the best eyeliner yet! I have really uneven eyelids and it was so hard to find an eyeliner that wasn't gonna smudge till at least after school. What I like about it is that it dries almost instantly and it doesn't smudge at all! And the best part it's so easy to remove. Just a little eye make up remover and it's gone! Simply amazing! The price is US $15 so it wasn't that bad. I apply it using my MAC 208 but I hear that some people apply it using a MAC 209. I don't know if it's easier with a 209 but the 208 is working wonders for me so I guess I'll stick with my 208! Seriously if you want a good eyeliner this is THE one and only!

on 6/2/2009 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this tiny glass pot. I shattered my first pot when I dropped it on my bathroom tiles. =( I tried a different eyeliner and hated it. I returned to this. This gel glides on smoothly and is so easy to apply.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really really like this product. What a freaking cute jar lol. I apply this with my 208 and/or 210 MAC brushes. Great payoff and easy to work with. I removed one lippie because I find that its soo thin and liquidy. This is a small issue for me because I have pretty shakey hands sometimes and its so easy to make a mistake with the slightest movement. It might be a little bit more easier to work with if it was a tad bit thicker. I write this with my previous experience with Smashbox's Jet Set Gel liner which was thicker. I wanted to try this because it was much cheaper than Smashbox's. Also, I wish it was waterproof =( Otherwise, great product. I'd love to try other colours !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely love this stuff!
it allows me to create a really dark black defined line around my eyes. it is really creamy, i've had it for about 5 months now and it hasn't dried out at all. Gel eyeliners are a bit fiddly and i'm a bit of a perfectionist so it takes me a while to apply but the result is totally worth it.
it's staying power is way better than all of the pencil liners i have but it still smudges a tiny bit after a few hours of wear but that's just because of my weird eyes, so i've pretty much settled with the fact that no eyeliner will stay 100% put on me lol
yes it's expensive but 1 jar will last you a long time.
overall i love it.

on 5/31/2009 12:21:00 AM

I love gel liners, and this one by MAC is certainly amazingt. Expensive - yes, but a little goes a looong way. this can be a little tricky to apply as it is pretty liquidy, and beware; this creases even with a base! (and I used UDPP..) however the effect is fantastic and dramatic, the colour is an INTENSE black; still love it :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It was okay, its a pain for me to get off the upper lash line but its not a problem, great liner, gel is the way forward. Love it

on 5/29/2009 5:27:00 PM

This gel has great stay power. I love how once you apply it there's no moving it until you're ready to take your make up off. It's great for creating tight lines. The only downside, in my opinion, is that after time it does become more dry. I've had mine for awhile now, and it lasts forever. Just make sure you always screw the lid on tightly.

on 5/29/2009 5:14:00 PM

This stuff is great! I use it to line my eyelids with #209 brush. it looks really clean and doesn't smear all over the place like pencil liners and doesn't smudge really bad if my face is wet. Its hard to get off but a little olive oil does the trick.

on 5/26/2009 5:55:00 PM

So I decided to splurge and get this after reading the great reviews on here. And I really like it! The consistency is really great. I haven't had experience with gel eyeliners before, but if all of them are as good as this, i might just stick with them. I use an angled brush (not MAC) as many of you on here, and find it works really nicely. I make sure to close it tightly after each use, bc im scared it'll get dry. And I dont need too much to get results, however, if you want it darker, you will need to use a bit more.
Overall, very good product! I'll update after more usage.

on 5/26/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am in love with fluidline eye-liner gel in Blacktrack! My first MAC eyeliner. I wanted to buy that new pencil liner but they told me to try this first and god bless them. I love it! I apply it with an angled brush so i can give a cute wing to the end and it does look great. Then I just a smudge it a little with some black or dark grey eyeshadow to look smokey and there you go. It will stay all day!!!