April 16, 2014 | 1417 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by tiffax

I love Urban Decay shadows. It was the first high-end makeup I ever bought back in high school and this is now my third full eyeshadow palette from them. I picked it up because there was sooo much hype about it and I knew I would get quality shadows. I was only hesitant to begin with because from my other UD palettes, I never used the neutral colors because they tended to not show up on me. Butttt... I plunged I bought it anyway because I couldn't help myself. I've gotten a lot of good neutral looks from it, but I tend to wear brighter eye looks so I don't use it that often. When I heard that they replaced the eyepencils with a brush, I was excited because I have the big anniversary UD pencil set and wanted to expand my brush collection; unfortunately, I don't like the brush at all. It seems more like a small, flat concealer brush than an eyeshadow brush. I only used it once or twice and didn't find it adequate at picking up shadow color at all, so now I wish the pencils were back ): Nevertheless, the shadows are really well pigmented and there's a good variety of shimmer/matte (more of the former, but I'm a shimmer lover so it works out for me). I'd definitely suggest this to anyone looking for a good neutral palette. Paired with the UD Primer Potion, these shadows will last you all day and night, through naps, through yoga, through running, etc. I really like the velvety cover on the case.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this product was a little over hyped. I experienced a lot of fall-out and the colors didn't wow me. It's an excellent value for someone who doesn't have a lot of neutral shadows though, or is just getting started with makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by spiffgirl

What a great palette! Wonderful, wearable colors, creamy formulation (though powders), just an overall winner. I've been using this pretty much every day since I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. Although some of the shadows are not matte, I don't think any are not wearable, even for work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by applemodel

I really love this, it's so nice. The colors are all so nice and pigmented too. This will be perfect for travelling too because all the eyeshadows are in the same place. The eyeshadow brush that came with it is not very good, it just feels like plastic bristles but this is defiantly worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this (and one for my mom) the other day and I really think it lives up to the hype. I know it is supposed to be all neutrals but I really wish it had a nice purple (Hustle and Toasted don't turn out purple on me) and a totally matte black. But other than that, I use it almost every day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had not intended to buy this at all. I have WAY too much eye makeup, and quite a few nudes to satisfy me. Or so I thought. I was lucky to be able to get my hands on this because a spreer I often deal with had brought in some, so on a whim, plonked down the cash to buy it. I questioned my sanity at that moment. When it arrived though, and when I first used it, my regrets instantly evaporated. BEST. PURCHASE. EVER. The shadows are all amazingly pigmented. So much more than MAC eyeshadows can ever be. I can create anything from natural to sexy, smoky eyes - and if I go traveling this will be pretty handy and all I need, really. I reach for this every day, over other old favorites like NYX, MAC, Stila, Dior, Shiseido, etc. The only thing I want to gripe about is that my favorite of the bunch - Sidecar, is exclusive to this palette (and if I'm not mistaken, another palette) but I want it in singles! Already I'm deathly afraid that one day I'll hit pan and *gasp* run out of this color! That aside, I love it so much, I bought another one for my mom. :) I can foresee myself getting a lot of use out of this, since it's so incredibly versatile and economical, when you think about it, for this kind of quality. Urban Decay, please come out with Sidecar singles, though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used my friend's Naked palette, after much debate over whether or not I wanted to buy it. And I'm a little underwhelmed. I know there's a lot of love for Naked, but it just isn't as amazing as the hype I guess. I have a LOT of similar colors in my collection, and I like both neutrals and colors, so this is a little too neutral for my taste. If all you wear is neutrals, this is probably a must-have for your e/s collection, but for me, it's $50 I'll save. If you own any of Urban Decay's palettes from their past LE releases, you've probably amassed at least half of the browns/golds in this palette (as is the case for me), so no need to buy this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Betzy04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was able to get the palette a few months after the hype, when it was still out of stock. I have to admit i was crazy about it for a few weeks because everyone seem to love it. I only seem to go for it when i go to parties or clubbing because the colors are so amazing for smokey eyes. I think it's worth the money because you get so many colors for what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I was lucky enough to get this product when it first came out. I am a huge makeup junkie, I have plenty of eyeshadow, but this palette was well worth the $44 I paid for it. I know they sell for $48 now because now they come with an eyeshadow brush instead of a 24/7 liner, but even at $48, still worth it !! I use this palette several times a week and it really has become my go-to eyeshadow. I can do a neutral day look or a bronzy gold look or a smoky eye. I just love the versatility. When I've gone away for the weekend this is what I bring with me because I know no matter what comes up, I can create the appropriate look with this palette. Many of the shadows are permanent ones to the Urban Decay line but the nice thing about this palette is the value per shadow and the fact that they are all together in one convenient place. I don't have to search through drawers and makeup bags to get the shadows I want for a look. The quality of course is wonderful, long lasting and blendable and pigmented. I would recommend this to anyone whether you are a makeup novice or a makeup expert.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

I got this in a swap a while ago and am very pleased I did so since it tooks months and months for many to get their hands on it. I know I gave it a four, but it really is more of a 4.75, because I wanted to point out some things I did not like so that they can be considered. The pigmentation on all of the shadows is wonderful. They are smooth, blend easy and are really nice to work with.

Here are my dislikes:
- The highlight color is shimmery, beautiful yes, but I prefer a matter highlight
- I have a hard time seeing how the gunmetal color fits in, I think I would have preferred a matter grey brown
- A dark matte color would have been nice too

This of course was my opinion and preference for an ideal neutral palette. This is such a wonderful buy and I would recommend it to anyone!