October 23, 2014 | 992 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pretty, pigmented colors, but too glittery. I found the shadows more dark and dramatic than "naked."

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ilikenicestuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im about an NC 42-44 depending on formula. This palette did not have enough matte colors, and the shimmer was a bit much for me. The two mattes did not show up on my skin but were more so used as transition colors/blending colors. The other shadows were 'ok', nothing I didnt already have from another brand. Swapped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I held off buying this for a long time, thinking to myself that it was too expensive and I could find drugstore price shadows that were just as good (note - I can afford high end, I just don't like to spend a lot on eye makeup). After buying the Coastal Scents Warm Palette and not being satisfied and loving the colors of this one I decided to splurge and make the investment. I don't want to on principles but I gotta admit it, these are really good. I get such good color pay-off and with my TFSI, the colors look vibrant all day long. I'm saving the primer for my camper and using my TFSI for daily wear. The colors are beautiful and I love them all. I've tried a lot of cheaper palettes from drugstores & NYX and as much as my frugal self hates to admit it, they just aren't the same quality. Yes, it's expensive and y husband would have a heart attack if he knew I spent $44 on eyeshadow but it is actually worth it. I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have had this palette for about 2 months and use it probably 2-3 times a week. I received the palette with the brush and UDPP mini. In my opinion, all the colors are usable except Sidecar--that one is just huge chunks of glitter :-
I think they are wonderfully pigmented and easy to blend. The one exception would be Virgin--this one seems a little chalky and tough for me to work with. It doesn;t seem to blend well as a highlight color but works very nicely in my inner corner. Even though there are technically only 2 mattes (and UD is infamous for their shimmer), I feel like there are colors that are satiny and not super shimmery--Sin is a really nice highlight and blending color and also Darkhouse and Hustle, while they have some shimmer, are not over the top.
Though it is a neutral palette, has some nice darker colors in Gunmetal and Creep to spice up a brown/bronze look. I have no problems with fallout (besides Sidecar) and I can make a million different looks with this palette from a simple lid and highlight to a multi-color look. The shadows work great for liners too so this would be perfect for traveling.
My only complaint is I wish the palette closed better--I always wrap it up so it doesn't pop open when I have it packed away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

The shadows are good compared to drugstore brands I've tried but I still prefer Mac shadows as they are more opaque, etc, but these are less expensive and the colours are a wide wearable selection , the one thing I don't get is why they insist on putting chunks of glitter in a some of the shadows as it could be kind of tacky for daytime plus it falls onto the face and looks horrible and its a pain to remove. Still, it was a good buy and I love the colours . Also the 24/7 liner in black is my h.g.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by inthedeep77

After searching for the Naked palette for months, I eventually stumbled on it on the Debenhams website and quickly purchased, and when I checked the site a few hours later it had completely sold out again! In my opinion this is well worth the money, and simply gorgeous. It truly lives up to all the hype. If you don't want to spend too much time in the mornings or worry about pulling off or blending in brighter colours, this is perfect as it's hard to go too far wrong for a simple yet beautiful day look, and there are a couple of darker colours included as well to transform everything for the night time. My palette came with the new brush, which is great, blends well and in my opinion makes the palette even better value for money. If you can spare 30, you really won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by toto850

Great colour range of neutrals! This palette is excellent for an everyday neutral look, but you darken your e/s up for going out at night!!

Packaging is good but a little big to travel with, but that's just my opinion. They could have made a smaller packaging to put it in.

The only thing is that most of the e/s are shimmery! Only like 2 e/s are matte finishes and that really is ashame. With one e/s you have to be carefull applying it because the glitter can fall of on your face (not pretty at all). Just wish there were more matte e/s in the palette.

You do get a lot of product for it's value so that is definitely a plus for me! Anyone who hasn't tried it, buy this palette now before they are sold out (again)!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by candiy1028

I finally got my hands on this palette. I love all the colors which are smooth and pigmented. Its always hard for me to choose which colors I want to wear and sometimes I mix a lot of them up together and it looks great! These colors blend so nicely together and they also look nice alone. I basically threw a lot of my eyeshadows away or am trying to swap some of my expensive ones. I feel complete with this palette and I dont have to be searching for the perfect eyeshadows anymore because I got it all in this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by grits75

Where has this holy grail been all my life???? I love this palette and can't imagine my life without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by liveinlovexx93

love love LOVE this palette! you can do so many different looks with this, and honestly, i don't have much to say that hasn't already been said by the countless other people in love with this thing.
i held off for a while buying this because i already had the too faced natural eye palette, but this was a huge lemming of mine and when i saw it in ulta, i caved. i got this around 3 weeks ago and i've had some time to play around with it, and it's amazing. the colors are so buttery soft and pigmented and they all go together so well that i can't even choose a favorite, i love all of them equally. this has hands down replaced my natural eye palette, even though i still have a soft spot for that too.

here's some daily looks that i do every day:
1. virgin mixed with sin all over my lid, buck in the crease, naked to blend out buck, darkhorse to define outer corner.
2. toasted all over lid, hustle in outer corner and lightly in the crease
3. half baked on lid, smog in crease, darkhorse to define outer corner
4. gunmetal on lid, creep in outer third of lid and lightly in the crease for a smokey eye.

as you can see, i seriously use every color in this. buy it buy it buy it!