September 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2004 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jgirl528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty shimmery pink lotion highlighter. I dab a bit on my nose, in my eyebrow arch, and on my cheekbones. I don't use this during the day because I'm scared it'll be too much. I don't think I could finish the whole bottle! And I have soooo many other highlighters that I don't reach for this often enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2004 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

I dont hate this. But Im not sure I like it. It can definately make me look greasy. Also, Im not sure it goes with my skin (light olive/yellow undertones). I just got my hair cut and I have side-swept bangs, so I pulled this out and together it makes me look like I have razor-sharp cheekbones. So yay for the combination. But before my haircut I was just Meh about this product. I think I might like moonbeam better. I tried Revlon skinlights, but I still like this better. Even though it is like 2 and half times more expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2004 3:55:00 PM More reviews by amy320

NC 25/30 FFF- I received a sample from a great swapper and this stuff blended right in and didn't even show up- not even a shimmer. Thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is so awesome. Iíve resisted for awhile as I love Loracís Highlighter L1 but this product is more subtle and is better for daytime (that one is FABULOUS for evening but just a bit more strong and too much for daytime). Iím a fair, pink-toned PPP and this is really wonderful when used on my cheekbones or on my nose during the day and makes me look just a bit dewy and glowy and better than foundation alone. I really love it and am so glad I finally got it. It's worth every penny and just a great tool to make myself look glowy without oily. I love it. Perfect. (I'm PPP with yellow undertones)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2004 2:27:00 PM More reviews by blyss

Out of the various items I was bombarded with in a makeover session, this one was one of the better ones. Not great but I can understand the appeal of this.

It's a pink glowy (possibly with a slight golden shimmer) sheen that can be applied to your skin to add highlights or a luminescent glow. It's quite sheer so it doesn't impart too much colour but for someone with a golden skintone (MAC NC30), this is bit too pink for me.
It's not too heavy feeling but I will say it doesn't dry so you can feel this 'sit' on your skin. I personally would prefer to use my GA Fluid Sheer. Though that FS is much more expensive, it has much better texture and more tones that would suit a golden toned individual nm continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2004 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Misialicious

I love this stuff for my face. I'm a PPP and this showed up nicely on my skin, but would look nice w/ someone with a tan too. I put a little on my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose and it gives me radiance and a glowy dewey look. The packaging is different but works for the product. I would defintily buy it again when I run out, but it seems like it will last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Makeupcrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Felt greasy;didn't like the look on my pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 5:21:00 PM More reviews by corrinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As with most Benefit products I was attracted by the packaging. I was not disappionted. It is by far the best highlighter I have tried so far. The bottle lasts forever and brush makes for easy application. Softens the features and adds a beautiful sheen. Fab with suntanned skin. Mix with foundation for all over glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by martensgirl

This product imparts a nice sheen on my brow bone. (I am not brave enough to try it mixed with foundation!) I find the product a little runny- sometimes I wish it was thicker so that it would have more impact. Whilst I think it is a good product, I feel that a cheaper item could do the same job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2004 2:24:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

High Beam is a pink tinged liquid highlighter that comes in a nail polish looking bottle. I am probably one of the whitest people alive and I can't ever get any highlighters to show up on me. They always match my skintone. With the exception of NARS Copacabana multiple, this is the best highlighter I've used. High Beam is what I was hoping Kevyn Aucoin's Shimmer Liquid would be. The consistancy is thin which is nice because you can apply it right over your makeup and there's no rubbing a hard lump and messing up the foundation. I had a sales girl put this on me and she lightly tapped it on the tops of my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose. I instanly saw an improvement. My skin looked all glowy and dewey. The price is 18$ which is pretty cheap since you only need a tiny amount. This stuff should last the normal person a good year but since I have so much crap, I'll probably have it for many years to come.