April 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by elchan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i like this powder, but i find that its not good for touch-ups through out the day. if u reaply it, it kinda...'bunches' together and... i dont really know how to explain it, but because it is so thin, its not good to put on top of an oily spot on your face or it will make it look worse. but when u first put this powder on it really does look awsome! maybe it's just not working the best for me because im using the cheap puff that came with it... i'll try a brush or another, not so cheap, puff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

I bought this without too much hope but thinking it shouldn't be so bad. After trying it, I realize I LOVE it. It is my favorite product of the moment. I apply it all day when I see a HINT of shine. It can look slightly cakey if packed on, but that's with virtually anything. There is a BOGOF near me so I stocked up :)

It comes with a cheapy puff that makes crinkling noises as you use it. I don't think it useless and could work for touch ups. I bought some puffs and use those instead anyway.

I'm fair asian-skinned with both yellow and pink undertones NC15 and the color in Cream works fine (now that it's winter). It's slightly white but as it settles looks good. Sands is okay too but I decided to save it for summer because it's SLIGHTLY darker than I would like.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by VANESAPIETRA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I have to say that I just started using this powder and first of all, is WAY better than Mac blot powder, It is the FIRST time that I use a powder that keeps me from being shiny after one hour and it is half way through the day and I just had a little bit of shine around my nose, which is TRULLY AMAZING for me believe me when I say that...
    I will have to wait to see if I get pimples from it cause I'm acne prone but if I don't I might just have found the powder for me for keeping me shine free!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mayholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this product sitting around but never got around to reviewing it, which is a surprise. I love this PP. At first I thought the finish was too matte and flat (ahaha rhyme), but then I realized how dumb I was for applying it with the included 'puff' (which is absolute crap, by the way), and instead put it on with my ecotools powder brush (which is amazing) (: I used to wear too much, and left it alone for a couple weeks, trying out the NP Set powders that Target had started selling.. they couldn't compare to this. The finish is much more natural, and it's so finely milled! It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to cake this stuff, amazing. That's how fine it is. Completely unexpected from a drugstore brand like Maybelline.. I've used it so much I'm already starting to see the pan (: I like how the packaging is slim. Unlike several others, I actually like the slide-y mirror. I feel that it allows me to be more subtle when applying my powder. Also, I think there should be a little bit more product in the compact.. but then again it may have been from me abusing it early on, haha. Will repurchase very soon, maybe in a lighter shade since it's approaching winter now. The shade I'm wearing now is Honey Medium 3-4, which is too dark by a shade or two. :\ I'll go back and get a lighter shade next time, but for the time being I'll use this up.. being on a poor high school student's budget. I also find the color system kind of strange. There are different .. 'colors', for lack of a better word.. Honey, Beige, etc. Within that there are Light, Medium, and I think Dark. (Didn't pay too much attention to whether or not there was a dark section, since I'm light complected.) And then within that, there are numbers such as 1-2, 3-4.. The color match was okay for my light asian skin. It would match better if it were a little bit more yellow. Overall, LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't been impressed with most of Maybelline's products, but this is a really superior matte powder. I picked this up on a whim because my expensive dermatologist powder wasn't helping with my very oily t-zone. I wasn't expecting this to be great.

My skin tends to get so shiny and my foundation turns into a puddle of mud in my t-zone; I could never, ever achieve matte skin no matter what I used. This matte powder is a lifesaver. It's a very fine-textured, smooth, soft powder that totally evens out my skin and makes it look really velvety and soft with neither a shiny nor cakey look. It blends so well because of the fine consistency and it gives your skin that smooth, flawless quality (and my skin is far from flawless!). I use the ivory color and it's a perfect fair beige tone. I was afraid that this would be very cakey and dull and create a mask-like look instead of a translucent matte quality, but it actually really brightens up my complexion and evens it out while simultaneously keeping it matte. I don't think this would provide the best coverage for blemishes/redness by itself, but it's perfect to use in conjunction with foundation if you have blemishes to cover.

I'm used to swirling my brush into my pressed powder, but this stuff is such a fine consistency that it will float up in a sort of cloud and settle on your clothes and stuff, so you have to dab your brush on it rather than swirl it.

The packing is a little plastic-y/cheap, but I haven't found any real issues with it and the product is so great that I just don't care about the packaging. :-)

If you've got oily skin that melts your foundation, try this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really superior product for Maybelline, which I have not had a lot of luck with in the past. This powser is very finally milled and I can barely see that I am wearing it, except that it makes my skin look near flawless. Now I have not really figured out how to make this have good medium coverage, its light and natural for me. Great shade options. For this reason, generally I just use it over whatever foundation I am wearing and it really does help to keep my skin from shining. ONe day when my skin was looking pretty good I tried this alone with moisturizer underneath and I didn't look half bad. I can def. see how ladies wear this alone b/c it looks really nice, but if you tend to have problematic skin at times, your probably not going to get enough coverage out of this alone. Will be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While Maybelline still holds on to its fair share of pink/peach shades of foundation and powders, I have to say that this particular pressed powder~I ADORE! I purchased the 'Dream Matte Pressed Powder' in the lightest color, Fair/Light 0-1 and it matches my very fair skin perfectly. It is a very neutral color; not too pink and not too yellow. I am 43 years old and needless to say do not want to accentuate any lines on my face, and this stuff covers very well without being too cakey. Also, the little swivel-out compartment which holds the puff and conceals the mirror is ingenious! I would definitely recommend and repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the glowing reviews here, and I definitely wasn't disappointed! Despite the fact that I usually choose the second lightest shade in any face makeup, I ended up choosing #4 in the 'fair' shade selection in this product. I found that the first 3 shades were way too pink. A super finely-milled powder that covers super well, while looking extremely believable. I've applied this early on in the day, caught glimpses of myself in the mirror and asked myself why my skin looks so good. I find the packaging to be ingenious! I don't think it's particularly cheap considering it's a DS brand, but I will certainly re-purchase. For reference, I'm combo-oily-sensitive-acne-prone with concerns about aging since I'm in my early thirties. (If it works for this mixed bag of skincare concerns, it'll surely work for most anyone!)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by bangton

Like many others I am not a big fan of the packaging but I'm not totally put off by it either. Its the swivelling mirror thing that I dont like!
    The powder itself is so light I didn't feel like it could possible set my foundation and keep me fresh faced but I actually felt it did. Having said that I am not overally blown away by it and I have cast it aside having only used it a couple of times. Having read reviews on here today I am going to use it over my foundation (or maybe even alone) and see if I feel the same as many of the reviewers on here. Possibly I'm not bowled over because I never get a shiny face due to my dry skin.Quite often I skip powder completely. Ahhhh, which reminds me ...it didnt cling to dry skin which is a definate positive! Hmmmmm need more time with it to try and fall in love with it. Will update!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by lbgreeley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder I've tried so far to control oil. It sets makeup well and keeps the oilies at bay for hours. It rarely gets cakey but can if I don't blot before doing a touch up. It's priced nicely too.