October 25, 2014 | 1054 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Makeupluv528

Not too impressed by this product. It makes me look like i just threw powder on to my face, when I really try to buff it in. So i wouldnt buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover582

i wore this only 2 times and i love it the first time i applied it was over colorstay fdn by revlon and the second time was over tinted moisturizer and it was a gorgeous finish. its very matte hence the name dream MATTE powder lol but it is great it gives a light coverage and i like that its not heavy this is def gonna be great for spring and summer so when i dont want to wear too much face makeup i can put this on with moisturizer but its winter and i love full coverage in winter it looks great such a beautiful airbrushed finish i will buy this again

EDIT: this broke me out all over my chin and it oxidized on my skin after a few hours of wearing it...i dont have much use for this product now. ill give it to my mom.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by lovebug19

I really like this powder. It goes on nicely and it controls shine well. The packaging is a little thick but I love the way it opens, which is on a swing hinge. The powder puff that it comes with isn't amazing at all, but I really don't think it's too bad and it's good for touch-ups. Basically, it's a good product without being too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by les33cochons

i wear cream light 4-5. it's the most perfect match for my skin of any makeup i've ever tried.
    when it says matte, it means matte. which i really like,seeing as i'm an oil slick. no cake face if i reapply.
    the packaging? i agree that it's weird and bulky, but at least it has a mirror. i haven't tried the puff because of all the negative reviews about it, so i just use a fdn brush. despite the weird packaging, one compact has lasted me for SUCH a long time. and i use it everyday.
    it's light coverage, but still more than i've seen in a pressed powder. just enough to even everything out.
    oh, and it doesn't break me out or dry me out.
    bottom line: love.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by leewilliams

i'm an nw45 shade, this product goes on slightly ashy for my skin, but then again i have a lot of hyperpigmentation so that could be the culprit. however, for the price and the fact its so easy to find this product is wonderful! unlike everyone else i love the packaging, im always annoyed when compacts dont have mirrors, so im really glad this one does.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lorachelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this powder for a little over a year and I love it!! The color is great, it lasts and doesn't change color or cake up!!! Sometimes the powder is noticeable, but when applied lightly, it gives an airbrushed, matte finish. It helps my skin look flawless and I will continue to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. I'm very acne-prone and it has never broken me out. I apply it with a kabuki brush and it really helps to even out my skin tone, reduce redness, and mattify without drying me out. It has NO scent, is oil-free, and has none of the problematic silicones (the kind that end in 'ane') that a lot of other powders seem to have. I honestly like it better than MAC Blot.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by elchan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i like this powder, but i find that its not good for touch-ups through out the day. if u reaply it, it kinda...'bunches' together and... i dont really know how to explain it, but because it is so thin, its not good to put on top of an oily spot on your face or it will make it look worse. but when u first put this powder on it really does look awsome! maybe it's just not working the best for me because im using the cheap puff that came with it... i'll try a brush or another, not so cheap, puff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

I bought this without too much hope but thinking it shouldn't be so bad. After trying it, I realize I LOVE it. It is my favorite product of the moment. I apply it all day when I see a HINT of shine. It can look slightly cakey if packed on, but that's with virtually anything. There is a BOGOF near me so I stocked up :)

It comes with a cheapy puff that makes crinkling noises as you use it. I don't think it useless and could work for touch ups. I bought some puffs and use those instead anyway.

I'm fair asian-skinned with both yellow and pink undertones NC15 and the color in Cream works fine (now that it's winter). It's slightly white but as it settles looks good. Sands is okay too but I decided to save it for summer because it's SLIGHTLY darker than I would like.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by VANESAPIETRA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I have to say that I just started using this powder and first of all, is WAY better than Mac blot powder, It is the FIRST time that I use a powder that keeps me from being shiny after one hour and it is half way through the day and I just had a little bit of shine around my nose, which is TRULLY AMAZING for me believe me when I say that...
    I will have to wait to see if I get pimples from it cause I'm acne prone but if I don't I might just have found the powder for me for keeping me shine free!!!!!