April 21, 2014 | 1283 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by angelcake910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Only reason I'm not buying this again is because I'm trying to stay away from foundations that clog my pores . . . but besides that, double wear was PERFECT. I repeated this product about 2, 3 years.
I loved the yellow-toned colors because it's so hard to find! I used "Sand" on summer and "Bone" on winter.
It has a beautiful coverage, make pores disappear, hides almost everything, and made my skin look clear and smooth instantly. All you have to do is settle with very fine, light powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ArkAngel21

I'll keep this short. I'm reserving my praise for other worthy products.

The colour selection range is poor. I did not heed previous reviews which stated that Estee Lauder is not technically "up there" in producing appropriate foundation colours for yellow-toned skin. I was an orange (thank you to my boyfriend for supplying the word!)

In addition, I applied ONE coat / layer of this foundation (with a MAC brush I may add!) I think the era I'm searching for is pre-French Revolution. Actually I was reminded of the Antionette-esque aristocracy with their caked and unflattering looks.

Yes the staying power was amazing; it lasted for 6 hours before I needed to blot, however that is the only reason I saw fit to to add 2 lippies.

Overall, I was severely disappointed with this foundation. I pride myself with compliments on the state of my face (Yes I'm emotionally needy... so shoot me!) and NOT ONE was supplied in response to using this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by HoNeYBuNc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy moly, this is amazing. I live in a humid and really hot climate and got stuck in a four hour traffic jam in the sun. When I finally got to work I thought and felt like something the cat had dragged in. Surprise, my face still looked flawless! Pity about the bottle, would have preferred a pump bottle instead but it's something I can live with. I have tried so many expensive foundations, but this is staying with me. Pity it took me so long to realise. I am very fair skinned and thought the assistant had given me a wrong colour because it looked somewhat dark in the bottle, but it goes on and matches me perfectly. Wow product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing on a sample I received when I went to the Estee Lauder counter, I asked for a sample before buying the whole thing because I wouldnt want to waste the whole bottle on me just trying it and not liking it and having to return it. I am an NC40/42 and I was matched with shell beige, for the most part I like the shade, I just wish it were a little more yellow toned, but its fine the way it is, I am just being picky because MAC is more yellow ish than Estee Lauder in my opinion. I really like the fact that this really does wear for a long long time, I honestly can say I have found my hg because I dont have to touch up at all if I dont want to, I just lightly dab a little bit of powder throughout the day if I'm feeling oily. I am def. going to buy the whole bottle and hopefully it continues to work as well as it has. Also a little tid bit a great way to apply it is with the beauty blender! and they samples they give at estee lauder are a great amount! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has to be the worst thing I have put on my face. It made me look chalky, cakey, and it stank like paint. Maybe it is because I get dry sensitive skin, but it showed every line up on my face, made me look and feel chalky (even when the SA did it), it was patchy and did just not blend into the neck at all so it was beyond obvious that you were wearing a foundation. When I took it off it burnt like hell and I could put nothing else on my face for 2 days because it stung so bad and was very delicate afterwards, and I got little spots all down the side of my face which is unusual because I rarely get spots. I mean for the price I was beyond disappointed, so I sent it back. The only up side was that it did have a full coverage, though when your face looks like an old blackboard it is little consolation!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

I loved this foundation. The only thing that bothered me was the coverage, way to much. But it is a wonderful foundation if u like all that coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by amandarae01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok. Honestly I am not 100% sure of this foundations packaging. I got a sample from my Estee Lauder counter and have been wearing it for 2 days. I have oily skin and this was very recommended here at MUA. The color works great and I don't seem to have problems with too much oil from it or anything like that. My problem has to do with my setting powder. Like an hour after applying my makeup I have these dots (lighter than my face) all over my chin. It was weird. I noticed it a bit yesterday and today at the mall my mom mentioned it. I was like yeah, I noticed it yesterday. Then I got in my car and looked in the mirror and I CANNOT believe I was walking around like that! Ha, ha. I had to smooth it out and I noticed it was beginning to do it again shortly later. Point: I will not be wasting my money on this foundation...which is kind of a bummer because of all the good things I heard.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not at all impressed with the foundation. This was definitely potential HG material, but it did not live up to it's name.

Pros:
- A decent amount of coverage and did stay on for a reasonable amount of time (no doubt due to my Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder.)
- Can be sheered out with a wet sponge or mixed with moisturiser to obtain different amounts of coverage.

Cons:
- Colour range. I expected 1C1 Shell to be the right colour for me and when the SA tried it on me in the shop I thought it wasn't half bad. Later, when I went out into natural light my face looked flourescent orange! Horrible colour selection for PPP's. Nevertheless, having said this. I did happen to notice what a nice colour range this goes up to, so DDD's, this might just be for you!
- Texture. This was very thick and heavy, leaving my skin feeling like a mask. By the end of the day I had to cleanse twice just to feel clean. So therefore this was not at all natural looking, it was obvious I was wearing foundation.
- Broke me out. I have very sensitive, rosacea prone skin and this did not do me any favours.

Overall, not worth the price tag for me. But if you aren't a PPP and don't have blemish-prone skin, then this might be for you. I recommend getting a sample as foundations are very YYMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by tonyawyatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation!! I was on the hunt for a full coverage foundation that looked natural, didn't feel tight or dry, didn't make me oily, wore all day.... you know, a miracle in a bottle!! This foundation fits the bill almost pefectly. The shade is a great match for my NC25 skin with lots of red undertones (3C1, pebble). When she put this on one side of my face and the DW Light on the other side - after about 2 hours the side with the DW Light had settled into my pores and started looking weird. But the regular DW still looked great.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by madhyphy

I wanted to like this because of all the reviews but I couldn't find a good match for me:( oh and it's also a little hard to blend.Not good for dry skin either!