Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 12/6/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference I'm nc27-nc30 in mac. I mix sand (2w1) with tawny (3w1) to get my perfect colour. I use a MAC pump to get it out easier. I'd say sand (2w1) probably works well for someone nc25. I LOVE this foundation and it is now my HG. The thing I love the most is that it lasts all day. I have never had a foundation that does this for me but this really stays put until I take it off! Your skin must be properly moisturised when you use this otherwise you may not like it. The coverage is amazing and I don't even need to use concealer anymore. One thing I have noticed is that the better condition of your skin, the better this looks. My skin has improved lately and people have commented how flawless my skin looks. On the odd day when I use a different foundation I regret not using this. When removing this foundation you must use a good cleanser and really make sure it is all off or you may end up with spots. The result of this foundation makes it worth doing that though. One thing that annoys me is that personally I can't wear it to weddings and other special events because it washes me out in pictures. This may be different for you so I'd say try it out for yourself! I apply this with a foundation brush and remove with EVOO. Overall I will use this foundation forever unless they stop making it, in which case I'll start making it myself! Definitely can't be without this!

on 12/4/2009 5:17:00 AM

This product is sooo thick. Obviously its full coverage but as soon as I put it on I feel like I am just clogging my pores. I bought this a while ago to wear to a wedding but when i put it on I was horrified to see how bad it looked. Luckily, I had bought another foundation with me so just took off the DW and put the other one on! I thought I would try this again the other day and there had been no change. still feels very thick and like i'm going to damage my skin. Will keep it and will probably try again but dont think I will purchase again.

on 12/3/2009 4:39:00 PM

i love this foundation! i have tried hundreds of different ones and always end up coming back to dw.
i dont find it cakey atall as dont put much on and dont need to,dont need to use powder and lasts all day from 8am till 10pm,
i use desert beige or sand in dw or mac nw20,ysl 5.
it can look heavy and cakey if too much is put on or applied with brush,i use my fingers for a more natural look
will def buy again! update-i have removed 1 lippie because the only down side to this foundation is that it doesnt look great in photos! makes you look really white! so for that reason my search goes on!

on 12/1/2009 4:25:00 PM

Ok I have a total love-hate relationship with this foundation. For the following reasons:

The shade is the BEST match for my skin, I love their shade range. They have very yellow undertoned, neutral, and cool undertoned. I love the shade "Sand" which has very yellow undertones, perfect for my redness on my face. It totally blocks it all out and blends well with my yellow undertoned neck and chest. It's the only foundation that has absolutely no redness.
The coverage is amazing and completely flawless.
The only thing is that it's a very matte finish, and it looks cakey. You can definitely tell that you are wearing foundation.
I know someone here suggested that if you use it with a wet sponge it makes all the difference...but I'm just not into the whole sponge wetting thing.
I buy it to use at night when I am going out because that's when it looks best.
Worth a try, but be careful because the sales lady will try to match you with the wrong shade. If you have redness they suggest a cool undertone foundation. It just makes you look more red! Choose something yellow based like Sand if you have light skin.

After reading reviews on here I was really excited about this foundation and went out and got it after work however I was most disappointed. I applied with a foundation brush and it looked ok for a little while but then it started to look horrible and gave me cake lines and went funny on my nose dont know how to describe it but little holes for each pore. I love matte foundation but this was like dry paint or something. I am willing to pay top $ for top products but this was a let down, expensive mistake! I dont understand how it got so many good reviews, unless im doing something wrong.....???

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I had read so many great reviews about its staying power, but I was dissapointed. I was hoping to be able to wear it without powder which tends to make long lasting foundations go cakey on me. Unfortunatley same old story powder was essential and then all double wear did was accentuate my lines and pores and look cakey. Truely a let down and an expensive one, I'm back to using my facefinity powder foundation, much better for me and a much more natural look.

on 11/27/2009 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best for lasting power! it stays on all day even on my super oily skin! The coverage is good but the choice of color is not great (here in Europe) I use n°5 in summer which is perfect but I bought n°4 for winter which is a bit too dark and dull.
You have to apply it quick because it dries in a few seconds and can leave strays on the face. Non comedogenic foundation.

Lovely foundation...have tried it for a few work days and I barely have to touch up...awesome! I use it with the Lancome primer and set with Guerlain meteorites. This truly is long wearing, great fluid coverage, mattifies oily skin! I wear Tawny (NC 40 MAC) and it's the perfect match for me...I wish it were in a pump bottle though but oh well, will repurchase for sure!!!!

on 11/21/2009 10:56:00 PM

i was really skeptical at first because a lot of reviewers here were talking about 'whiteface' in photos (its my biggest pet peeve!), and with double wear you will be certain to have it because its ingredients not only list titanium dioxide once, but TWICE. so you can bet on opacity dependent on chemicals rather than pigment, which accounts for its somewhat inexpensive price. but, i gotta say i am loving it anyway, to heck with photos! the thin texture is deceptive because this stuff is med-full coverage serious business. after sunscreen application, i spot conceal with my ring finger. i've noticed how the color the SA chose perfectly matches my skin ('tawny', equiv. to MAC NC35). i don't chase it with powder but it dries very nicely and does stay put as it says. only suitable for normal-oily skin because i can imagine its matte quality will just hurt dry skin. and so i bestow 4 lippies only because 1) whiteface in photos and 2) the bottle is not hygienic and i always prefer pump. but... it's great stuff!

on 11/21/2009 10:04:00 PM

This is without a doubt the absolute worse foundation I have ever put on my face. That being said, I would like to be buried in it because I know it will last longer then I do. It felt very itchy and foreign on my skin. The texture is not at all pleasant or smooth. It looked like a mask.It has staying power and will hide a wealth of sins.