BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2036 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 6/22/2013 8:16:00 PM

For the price of this mascara, I would not repurchase. Sure, it thickens lashes and adds volume...but totally not waterproof, and if you use too much by accident all you get is clumpy lashes. If you like that look, go for this. However, the brush is really nice and separates well. Just the formula is the problem.

on 6/22/2013 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this from sephora as my birthday gift and I am absolutely in love with it. Being asian, my lashes are like non-existant but using this makes it look so pretty! I have only tried a few mascaras (maybelline and clinique) but out of those, this one is my favorite. I never thought my lashes could look that amazing. To be honest, I really didn't think any mascara would made much of a difference but after using this one, my thoughts have changed completely :)

on 6/21/2013 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Based on the ELLE UK sample, the product was a let down due to the overflowing positive reviews of this mascara.
Very similar to the 'L'oreal Telescopic Clean Definition' mascara which I love and find much better in every aspect, especially the price. The brush is too large in my opinion, and the packaging isn't groundbreaking neither. Slightly overpriced, but disappointment probably due to the amazing campaigning prior to Benefit lovers- one which I am myself.
I have always been very lucky with mascaras, was expecting more from this one. Will not purchase a full size.

on 6/20/2013 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Yikes. Liked the length/volume at first and the staying power…all within the first 20 mins that is. 2 hrs later and I looked like queen panda. Oil based MU remover a must for this, otherwise yer poor lashes/eye area is gonna be hurrrrrrrting! Not a re-buy that's for sure.

on 6/19/2013 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I completely agree with audreys ' rating comments, this brush is pokey!

The product is thick, clumpy, very stiff, and not lengthening. Save your money and stick to good old Loreal Voluminous or other DS favorites.

Really disappointing buy for that much money! It will keep me away from trying any of the rest of their line.

on 6/19/2013 5:47:00 PM

I was so disappointed with this product! I really thought I would *love* it, which is why I shelled out over $20 for it even though I don't think mascara is a "splurge-worthy" item.

First off, this mascara HURTS my eyes--keep in mind I don't have a sensitive eye-area. The application process hurts because the wand is so spiky. Wearing the mascara itself is painful as well. I'm not entirely sure what the culprit is there, but it makes the roots of my eyelashes hurt so badly the entire time I'm wearing it. And taking off the mascara is nearly impossible! It is so hard to remove, and I've tried a plethora of different products targeted specifically for this purpose. Due to the fact that this is so hard to remove, it's painful as well.

Additional reasons I find this mascara disappointing:

1. It doesn't fully dry. Ever. If I blink too hard several hours later, I end up with 4 spider-lashes.
2. It's not very black. I've never had this problem with a mascara before. On my light brown lashes, the formula looks an ashy grey color.

I wish I could love this product, and I've tried it time and time again, but I just can't convince myself that this is a truly amazing, or even good, product.

The green leaf shaped mascara from Physician's Formula reminds me of They're Real, but it's better in so many ways (don't try the pink one--it's not good at all).

on 6/19/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I received this as a sample and I LOVED it!
Normally I just use cheap, ordinary drugstore mascara but after trying "they're real", I'll never go back to covergirl.
The product is a little clumpy, but in a good way. Very thick and lengthening, and the black is super dark.
All in all, this makes my eyes look very glamorous :)

on 6/19/2013 2:04:00 PM

I received a sample size of this mascara and, like some of the reviewers here, did not like it at all. I found it clumpy and flaky though the depth of color is good. Very black. I am sorry that it was not a good product for me because I have been seeking a great mascara at a reasonable price. Moved on to using CoverGirl's Clump Crusher and not sure it is giving me what I am looking for either. Thus far, the best I have come across is Lorac's Multiplex 3-D Lashes Volumizing and Thickening mascara.

If this product works for you, that's great! Not a great product fit for what I am looking for in a mascara.

I absolutely love the brush, because that determines the overall result. It has bristles that create a non-clumpy, voluminous look. At the tip, it has a unique comb that coats each and every lash perfectly. Overall, this is one of my favorite mascaras and I'd recommend it to anybody!!

on 6/18/2013 10:28:00 AM

They're real, all right. And they look it! This basically makes my lashes darker, but does not give me length or volume. I suspect this is Badgal repackaged. It also smears.

Video Reviews & Tutorials