October 21, 2014 | 1251 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by SweetTeaAndKerouac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in the Sephora Birthday set along with a mini Watts Up! highlighter. I was skeptical about They're Real because I have seen it look absolutely awful on a few friends who raved about this mascara. However, they may just have naturally bad lashes because I really like this! I have long, wispy, naturally curled lashes and I like how this mascara fans them out around my eye. It doesn't smudge all day, even through a workout and without eye primer. It definitely gives more length and volume than I am used to; I haven't tried building it up past one coat and I don't think I want to lol.

Overall I am pretty impressed, especially by the way it doesn't smudge. I don't think I've ever had a mascara hold up as well as this. Unless it severely disappoints me later on, I would purchase the full size.

EDIT: It dried out after only a week and my lashes looked terrible. Too thick and spidery, and since it was dryer I couldn't control the application well. Not the right mascara for me, sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SalmaNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my absolute favorite mascara! It's very nice for a WOW effect!! Curls beautifully and doesn't clump. Only thing I didn't really like that it's pretty hard to remove. I would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by hqnnah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, the brush with the bristles on the end is amazing to get at those hard to reach corner lashes and the over all effect is in my opinion unchallenged by any other mascara i've used. Infact it's so good the thought of using fake lashes after trying this is ridiculous. I would definitely buy again and i've already been raving about it to all my friends and family. Only downside that i've found so far is that today it left some marks on my upper eyelids but I can live with that as the product is so good otherwise. It's a thumbs up from me.
****UPDATE - 3 WEEKS OF USE****
I'm quite annoyed as this ran out really fast... not sure I want to buy again but i'll keep the brush and use it with my other mascaras

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xashbabiix

I purchased this on a Sephora employee's advice on how it was her "hands down, favorite mascara." But boy, this mascara is awful in my opinion. The brush is a nice shape, and the bristles are awesome as they catch my eyelashes nicely. Only complaint is the formula. It's super wet and my lashes harden SO much. I'm not a fan of hard, spidery lashes. That, and it smeared to my browbone area as well as underneath my lashes. Not impressed with the end result, unfortunately.

I think there are some much better and CHEAPER mascaras out there available.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in a way ambivalent about this mascara I guess. I sooooo wanted to love it & have a new fave mascara & I put that hope into every new mascara that comes out that I hear good things about. This product however, like every other mascara is not my HG, I don't think the HG of mascara has been invented yet, I would've found it by now. With that being said however, Its pretty good. I like my eyelashes to be very dark, and voluminous. This product delivers pretty well for those specifications. It is very thick & sticky which I don't care about as long as it's getting the job done but if you're bothered by heavy, sticky mascara, you'll hate this. Whatever you do, don't let it dry between coats. It makes lashes hard & therefore impossible to put another coat on after its dry without getting tarantula eyes. Again, The hardness is not a concern of mine but if you prefer plush lashes, Again, you'll hate this. Lastly, don't even think about getting clump free lashes with this stuff. I made my peace long ago with the fact that I need to declump after any mascara application with tweezers, so it clumping isn't really out of the ordinary, They all do but this one a bit more than others. All in all if you're like me & you want very dark, very dramatic, very voluminous lashes at any cost then this is one of the better mascaras out there. If you want a light, smooth, easy application, clump free mascara then don't waste your money. Hope this was helpful :) I'll continue my search for the perfect mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by chez33

I so wanted to love this! but I was so disappointed with it, in fact probably one of the worst mascara's I've ever tried. It made them stumpy clumpy and cloggy....very strange.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by thedaydreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am mascara obsessed and love long dramatic lashes. Mine are naturally longish that are quite fine and aren't that dark. so basically in a mascara i look for one that promises added length and thickness. This mascara, although i thought it was ok, i don't think it's worth all the hype or the price. It did hold a curl really well and lengthend them a lot, but made them all spidery and thin rather than thicken them up. and also you could tell that more than a few coats would have them clumping together. the little bobbly bit on the end of the brush helped me reach the inner corners and bottom lashes which was good. Personally i probably wont buy it again because of the price and because it just didn't really do much for my eyelashes but If you have shorter lashes, i would probably give this a try cause it will lengthen them up! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by starbucksandcigarettes

I'm on my third tube of this mascara to date. I do use it with another mascara to make my lashes uber long, but it does make my lashes look very thick and long as it describes. The only downside for me is the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by LondonKazza

I loved this mascara, I found it easy to use - I just put two coats on and wiggle the brush so all the lashes are covered in mascara and voila: you have long and full looking lashes, I found that it held the curl that I had put in with my eyelash curler. I thought I had found my new favourite mascara but then........after just 7 weeks the formula started to dry out and now when I use it, it is just not the same, its not as easy to apply and lashes look and feel kind of crunchy. This is so disappointing as I did love this initially. I have seen that Boots sell a cheaper mini version of this mascara, I may purchase that in future as I did love They're Real but would not be overly happy at spending 18.50 on a mascara that dried out so quickly again. Please Benefit sort this out!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Elisonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new HG mascara! Before discovering this I was pretty happy with my MaxFactor MasterpieceMax as It did the job of giving me long, full lashes. But that was until I met "They're Real". I'm not that easily pursueded by sales assistants, or at least I would like to think so, but the SA tried this on me when I went to buy lipgloss and she even applied it on top of my mascara I already had on and then showed me in the mirror. After examining my eyelashes I was like "Wow! Did I even have eyelashes before?", because the difference was so dramatic. This mascara is amazing! You use the brush first to coat the lashes and thicken them and then the little ball at the end to make them ridicolously long. I like my eyelashes really thick as well and this one is really buildsble. It does stay on well too and only downside is how hard it is to remove at night because it is so hard wearing. Everyone always asks me what mascara I use or if they are fake, to which I respond "no, they're real" ;) haha