BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1989 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 5/31/2013 1:11:00 AM

This is probably my favorite mascara! It gives unbelievable, ludicrous length. When you curl and separate your lashes, then apply this mascara, your lashes look lifted and fanned out, providing an incredible false-lash effect. I also got amazing wear: over 11 hours, without ever smudging, flaking, or clumping.

The wand had dense, spiky bristles that hook onto the lashes. There's also a small ball of bristles on the tip that make applying product to the small inner lashes a breeze. However, the bristles are sharp, and hurt if you may poke yourself. A full size is $23, but for the amazing results, I believe its worth every penny. I especially like to layer this over a volumizing mascara for even more of a false-lash effect.

(read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

on 5/30/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!
I received a sample, and was immediately impressed. It has a hard, plastic brush, which makes application very easy, and has a rounded tip to get harder to reach lashes. Also makes for virtually no clumps.
The formula is great, probably the best I've ever used. I don't think I will try any other mascaras now that I have found this one. Gives lashes tons of volume without them sticking together.

on 5/27/2013 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a nice mascara. It is very volumizing. It's not clumpy and it's long wearing, although due to its weight, lashes may droop if your lashes don't curl naturally (mine don't). It's a heavy formula, on the wet side, and it feels like it takes more makeup remover to get this off than with my normal mascara. I also feel like my lashes would not be in good shape if I wore this every day. It does not appear to be a conditioning formula.

I think the brush is gimmicky and useless. Unless you are ambidextrous, your mascara will not apply the same on both eyes, using this brush. I would prefer a normal brush. I got this free as a Sephora birthday gift, and I do not think I would buy a full size. It does last quite long before it needs replacing, so I think if your lashes are in good shape and you want a decent thickening and lengthening mascara, that this would be a good choice. Just not for me.

on 5/27/2013 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

have to write a review because this is the best mascara i have ever used. ended up using it by accident at a party when i'd left my mac mascaraat home. Was reluctant to try because the last benefit mascara i bought- badgal- was the worst mascara, least effective and biggest waste of money ever. So i had low expectations of this but in three coats my lashes were humungous thick, dark , long, curly, neat, no clumps, easy to wash off, and very black. Everything you could want. perfect mascara.

on 5/27/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great mascara, but it has its flaws. The wand is quite wonderful, it has a spiked ball at the tip similar to Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes. This makes it quite easy to "push up" the little lashes in the inner corner and give more volume to the outer lashes. The brush is very stiff, the "bristles" are plastic-like, so it builds volume very easily. The end result is definitely great, it gives lots of length and volume. The staying power is awesome as well. Great so far, but not so fast. Once the mascara has dried down, it is very heavy, and leaves your lashes hard and crunchy feeling. Removing the mascara is a chore, requiring lots of waterproof makeup remover. If you're lucky, you'll be able to remove all the mascara with mild irritation. For this reason I came to the conclusion that its probably a "tubing" mascara, and began removing it with warm water and my fingertips, which helped a little but I still had to work very hard to remove trace amounts. Also, the product doesn't last a long time. You will be lucky to get a month of use out of this mascara. The formula dries out very quickly, which leads to flakey, dry application.

After all is said and done, it is a great mascara if you're taking a vacation somewhere and want to look fierce, but definitely not worth it for everyday wear. Unless of course, you're okay with the rigorous removal routine and buying a new tube every 3-4 weeks.

on 5/27/2013 11:15:00 AM

Not waterproof but easy to remove and got that natural looks. Love it!

on 5/26/2013 11:40:00 PM

This is by far the best mascara I've ever tired! It literally just combs through your lashes perfectly, no clumps at all and the spiked end held vertically captures even the tiniest lashes. I was never a fan of plastic brushes but I am now won over and cannot look back.
The price is a bit daunting but even in my quest to try to find a less expensive alternative, it was thwarted by finally admitting the pile of hopeless imitations were doing nothing but convincing me that the BEST mascara in the world is They're Real. A tube lasts suprisingly long and when you "break it in" after a few uses - there is no comparison ! Yes, you need a decent remover to take it off but with all the lash enhancing eye makeup removers like the Vichy/Lancome/Biotherm products that condition your lashes anyway.... I'm in love with this Mascara! : )

on 5/26/2013 5:30:00 AM

I love this mascara! This is like the best mascara I ever tried. This is really do curl, lengthening & separates even on my asian eyelash which is straight and short. It's not smudge at all.

on 5/26/2013 2:01:00 AM

Like many others here, I also got this mascara as a sample from Sephora on my birthday. I was really excited at first because I had heard many amazing things about this mascara! I have really manageable eyelashes- naturally long and curled, so I wear mascara to add volume and darken my lashes. This mascara completely clumped my lashes, made them feel really crunchy, and was a hassle to take off. Plus, it made my eyes really red and sting after a while! The first time I wore it, I noticed it, but hoped it wasn't the mascara. I waited a few days for the redness to go away and my eyes to heal before trying it again, and when it did, it happened again. I tried it a third time two weeks later to see if things would be different, and they weren't. Needless to say, I tossed it and was not impressed with this mascara. I'm glad I never splurged to buy the full size because then I'd be really upset.

on 5/25/2013 7:53:00 PM

It's not my absolute favorite but I don't dislike it. It is a good product.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products