October 1, 2014 | 1969 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Delaylah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from sephora and have been using it for about a week. I really like it so far. I use careprost so my lashes are already really long, but I have tons of small ones on the inner and outer corners that are harder to pick up. The brush really does make my lashes look like falsies and the little ball at the end is great for picking up the small lashes at the inner and outer corners of my eyes. It wears really well, no flaking or smudging. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't have any trouble taking it off at night, but that's most likely because I use an oil cleanser nightly to remove makeup and sunscreen.

Overall, I think this is a great product...but I do agree that the price is quite ridiculous.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Laura9116

Did not enjoy using this very much. Lengthening and thickening quality is average, many other drugstore mascaras surpass this one (Maybelline collossal, revlon grow luscious, and the rimmel one with the comb brush to name a few). Also weighed down my lashes afterwards.

I like to curl my lashes one more time after I put on mascara to secure the shape, but don't try to curl your lashes again once you've applied this mascara. It sticks to the lash curler and clumps everything together.

Gotta give credits to the mascara brush though, the little ball-shaped brush does help get into the inner and outer corners.

Overall, did not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

So, this mascara is supposed to create the falsies look effect. Personally, I have some things that I like and do not like about this product. I like the fact that this mascara is removable with a regular makeup remover (it's not super water-proof to the extent you need a specific eye makeup remover for it). The thing that i do not like about it is it tends to leave your lashes clumpy. The wand is large, so this may be ideal for women with big eyes or long lashes. For a typical Asian with sparse lashes, the wand can be cumbersome and make application difficult. It does not really lengthens my lashes, but volumising effects are quite apparent. Upon using it for about 3 months, the formula starts to dry up, hence causing clumps to appear.

I would not recommend this product and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

So I heard amazing things about this mascara and I wanted to try but kept putting it off, finally I bought it and do not regret it. I have short eyelashes and this made them appear so long and full. Love this mascara just wish that it was cheaper because in Canada I think it was $30. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Sophina1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone was raving about this mascara so I had to try it out. Although on the pricey side, I sure it'll be worth it- I couldn't have been more wrong!
This is one of the most un-impressive makeup items I have invested in! It did lengthen my lashes however it weighed my lashes down and is very crumbly and clumps up!!
Defo won't be recommending to anyone!
Another downside has got to be the brush- plastic brushes just do not give the same effect as the proper bristle brushes
Bottom line: I'd much rather stick with my max factor ones!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

This was a REAL bummer. It not only didn't add volume or length, it also weighed my lashes down so much that they just wouldn't curl with an eyelash curler. The instructions say that you should hold the wand vertically and move this upwards to curl your lashes, but all this did was to clump the lashes together because of the weird ball-like spiked tip at the end of the wand. Also, no matter how carefully you pull the wand out of the bottle, you're bound to get a glob of mascara on the tip of the wand, which is huge wastage coz you'll end up just wiping all that off on a tissue if you don't want it creating a mess on your lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is spidery, irritating, overpriced, and not black enough. Plus, it will not come off, no matter how much makeup remover you use. This makes my eyes red and irritated, and they feel like they're burning. It also looks sort of grey, not a true deep black. The before-and-after picture on the packaging - false advertising as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't work well at all. No way would I repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, I bought it on a whim, without reading the reviews. I just wanted t try it, and as there is no way to try it without buying the full size (no mini size here) . By the way, I adore the brands (EL, Chanel, Dior) that give out samples of GWP of mascaras so that you can try them before you buy!
So, back to the point: had to try this so much praised mascara and bought it.
I am disappointed.
It is jet black, but It does not give that dramatic lenght as it claims. It's OK, but other mascaras (even drugstore) perfom way better.
This mascara is clump city at the 2nd coat. One coat would suffice to avoid clumps but in that way you do not achieve outstanding volume nor lenght. When you apply the second coat, it is a nightmare. Hard to remove, it also flakes after some hours.
I do not like it that much and I should have repurchased my beloved Chanel Inimitable instead.
NO buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I have been using this mascara for a while and generally I think it is good. But this may sound strange but its not consistent... Sometimes my eyelashes look great and other times they look stubby. I love the dramatic length look and this does do that but you have to wait for the mascara to dry before you apply additional coats to build up. The brush is more comb than brissles and has a pointy ball at the end that is suposed to separate the lashes but i personally have never used it. Overall I do like and do keep re-buying, but always on the look for that perfect mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Suzie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have short straight and pale lashes.
So, positives first..... Its very black and glossy. Em, thats it.
Negatives..... Expensive, difficult to layer, i found it went very clumpy after applying a 2nd coat. Also it makes lashes feel crispy and brittle. Its a pain to remove, end up with huge panda eyes! I also think it didnt last very long, considering you only use a small amount (because u cant layer it!!). Theres much better mascaras for a quarter of the price!! Avoid!