August 22, 2014 | 1992 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by katherinepierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very long, thick, curled lashes so I maybe I'm not the best person to review this product since any mascara will do the trick for me. However I liked this one much more than my previous mascaras. I think it gives a good separation and above all it makes my lashes more thick. Other mascaras made my lashes longer but I still happy with They're Real.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received this in one of my Topboxes... I've heard a lot about it so was excited to try it. Unfortunately it's just way too clumpy & also really hard to remove. Just not worth the trouble for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but unfortunately it began to irritate my eyes so bad I bought eye drops and threw it away. As for the product itself, aside from that I think its a great mascara. The formula is a tiny bit wet but not too bad. The brush is long, so it takes a careful hand to not get product on the lids. It really does give the impression of magnified, natural-looking lashes. As natural as mascara can look. It doesn't curl that much, so if you give your lashes a curl and apply it's fantastic. The look isn't too dramatic for daytime either. However, I don't have any known allergies, and no other product has made my eyes burn the way this one did. I haven't heard that complaint from many other people so its worth a shot. Without that factor, I'd still be buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I heard great reviews about this product so I decided to try it. I had only tried one other mascara from Benefit before and I wasn't impressed, but this one seemed to have potentially. I bought the sample size, $26 is too much for something I might not like. Anyways, the first time I used it it clumped up my lashes so much. I didnt get any length, volume, or curl. Maybe its just because I have small lashes, but it just made them look even smaller and made it seem like I had fewer. That night when i was washing off my makeup it wouldnt come off! They really should put a water proof label on it or something! I personally hate water proof mascara. I decided to keep trying it, hoping it would get easier to apply and it would go on better. it never did. Maybe it's just because i have short lashes and hate water proof mascara, but I did not like it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by rasburyberet

I am on my 2nd tube of this mascara... I love it! I have ok lashes, and this mascara takes them to a whole new level..I get compliments ever time I use it....wish it came in other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by veesunshine

I got a sample of this mascara from those pay 10$ a month companies to get 5 samples. I really like this mascara!! But honestly, it is quite pricey.
PROS: stays curled all day! amazing staying power. lengthens my thin, straight, Asian lashes.
CONS: quite hard to take off (mentioned multiple times in previous reviews), quite expensive, can get clumpy (if you put too many coats)
If I had the dough to afford this mascara, I totally would buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mkdunn83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urgh. I can't believe I spent my hard earned cash on this mascara. Totally disappointed in this product. The formula is way too wet and "gel like" and leaves my lashes looking like a clumpy, spidery mess. It was extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is one exception to my "I don't like Benefit Cosmetics" rule. This is a great mascara. It both lengthens and thickens my lashes (not to drag queen proportions) and it has really good staying power. It doesn't smudge or flake. Leaves you with beautiful but not quite natural lashes.

This also a fairly cheap mascara (around $10).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by eliin

I just love this mascara! One of the best one I've ever tried! It gives me amazing eyelashes and it stays put all day long!
The only thing that is a con about this product is that it's quite hard to get off.. it's almost like it's waterproof. But it doesn't matter 'cause the result is so amazing.
I will definitely buy it again! 5/5

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinspiceforevar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I say I'd buy this product again, but who knows. I'm such a mascara junkie and I don't really buy too many high end mascaras. I experiment too much; I'd be broke! Anyway, I got a sample of this in my glambag (or is it ipsy now? who knows!) and I've been using it for a week. Had to run out and get the full size. I saw length, curl, super black, and volume. I like the spikes on the tip of the brush because it gets my outer corner lashes without getting mascara on my skin. I hate that! I like very dramatic mascara and this can definitely be that. I do like 3-4 coats and it doesn't clump. I don't experience issues with flaking or smudging. Holds my curl all day. I'll enjoy using this mascara but by the time I run out I'll probably be on to the next best thing.