November 20, 2014 | 1823 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here.

This mascara is very wet, and immediately weighed down AND got rid of the small amount of curl I achieved with my eyelash curler. It also clumped my little lashes together, causing them to look like 10, thick, spider legs.

I have fine, straight lashes to begin with, so for anyone out there with the same kind of lashes as me, I strongly do not recommend this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

At last I have found a mascara that doesn't flake into my eyes by the evening, that doesn't give me panda eyes, that does a decent job and, most importantly, that I'm not allergic to. If you don't have sensitive eyes and don't worry about a bit of flaking then there will be better and certainly cheaper mascaras out there for you. This mascara does lengthen and thicken but is not buildable - once it is dry applying another coat results in spidery clumpiness instead of natural long lashes.
The wand is good for applying to top lashes and there is a ball on the end for getting to the corners and for bottom lashes. Make sure you wipe off the excess or it can clump and cake.
For my sensitive eyes I haven't found a better mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by shaesquared

I got this in a sample size through one of their holiday kits and I'm in LOVE- this mascara is perfect for getting those teeny tiny bottom lashes! It's precise brush is great for separating every lash, and the formula delivers great length. However, this easily comes off with water- not good when working out or raining outside.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by princessjesskimo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a big problem with mascara smudging- it doesn't matter how much I don't rub my eye or carefully avoid even the general vicinity - pretty much every mascara I used has smudged on me.

Except this one.

I can't say I LOVED it- it doesn't provide enough thickness or length for my preference but I wore this all day at work in stinking on weather. I purposely didn't look in a mirror all day so I could see how it looked by the end of the day. To my amazement it was still there- and my curl still stayed.

I have to admit I think it did particularly well because I paired it with Dior Lash Pluming Serum- but overall I was pleasantly surprised.

Would I buy it again- probably.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This mascara is meh. The only good thing about it is the brush. The tip of the brush makes it really easy for me to bring and flare out my outer lashes. The formula is a little more wet than what I'm used to, but it does dry nicely. I found this formula to smudge a lot, even with powder, and I just can't stand that about some mascaras. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by insuline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mom calls me a mascara freak because i try every brand i see whether in sephora or any small cosmetics store. Ysl, Dior, Estee, loreal, mac factor, maybelline, givency are just i have now. On my latest visit i saw the stand of They are real and said to myself, worth a try. And wooow, this is the best mascara i have seen for all times.
i have long lashes and it make them Look really defined and Much more longer and the most positive thing of it is the effect stays until i wash my face at night.
My way of using it is, zigzag movements with a slight twist from the lashlines to the top. But i do it several times cause mostly one time is not enough. Also i'd like to try the plum mascara and hope they produce it in this brush form.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Massively over-hyped product, I expected better from Benefit. A full-size tube of this costs 18.50 - I received this as a gift so at least I didn't spend my own money on it, but it's still a real shame that such an expensive mascara yields such poor results! Even with a single coat my eyelashes were stuck together unattractively, and a few hours after application the product began flaking onto my face quite noticeably. When trying to remove it, none of my makeup removal products seem to budge the majority of it (using Boots face wipes, Lush Ultrabland & Simple eye makeup remover because of my sensitive skin) but it seemed to get spread around rather than coming off as normal and my eyes began to sting. Sure, you can make your eyelashes pretty big with this, but mine ended up looking and feeling horrible to me - definitely won't be using this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as my free birthday gift from sephora (travel size) along with an itty bitty Watt's Up. I have been wanting to try this for a while. It's pricey- $23 for the full tube & $10 for the deluxe travel size. I usually don't pay more than $8 for mascara at the drugstore. I've been looking for a mascara that gives me the false lash look for quite some time. I've tried many drugstore mascaras, Avon, Mark, and even the expensive Diorshow (not impressed). This is the ONLY false lash mascara that actually lives up to it's name! I have short lashes & this gave my lashes crazy length that I usually get from false lashes (but I hate wearing them!) Benefit products have been hit or miss for me, but this products really does what it says it will do! I will purchase this when I'm done with the sample size. great for short lash girls. also nice wand to get bottom lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Mkuplv86

I heard about this but never considered spending $23 on mascara until I tried a sample at sephora and then I bought it immediately. It gets my lashes longer than any mascara and it curls them really well at the corners. The volume is good not great. The brush is also good for bottom lashes. I am now obsessed with trying different mascaras so I won't purchase again until I try a few more that have gotten great reviews like loreal carbon black double extend mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kirbipittman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my lashes look great. I will not deny that- BUT- It's kind of a one and done mascara. One coat and that's all you get-- if you try to apply a second coat your lashes start to look like little horns because they get stuck together. Also, I don't like for my lashes to be stiff and after just one coat they harden up and aren't soft at all. I just wasn't impressed with this- I'm sure some people love it, but it just wasn't the right mascara for me.