July 22, 2014 | 1723 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

COST: Paid around $4 for Pink Punch at CVS.
COLOR: The lipstick like tube is true to the color-its a bright fuchsia.
CLAIMS: 82% visibly less dry, 94% less rough, 77% more supple-better looking lips; via 4 wk clinical study on the back of the package.
PROS: Cute packaging, SPF 20, good color payoff.
CONS: Not true to its claims or name of 'lip balm.'
REVIEW:I have uber dry cracky lips all year long, which did NOT (sadly) feel the 8 hr moisture/lip renewal as labeled. The texture is oily so it slips & sits right on top of my lips, instead of penetrating to moisturize, its almost like a sheen lipstick feel. I'll stick to my Palladio tinted balms until I can get my hands on the new Revlon lip butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by rubylola

I have been using the peppermint baby lips and I really like it. It is really moisturising and great for the beach. I like the cute packaging and the lid clicks on really well. There is nothing worse than your lip balm lid popping off in your handbag, yuck! It really does make my lips feel baby soft and I don't need to reapply too often. The peppermint flavour (think it is menthol in Australia) has no colour but I am not sure about the other flavours. I would like to purchase one of the others if they are tinted. But this one is nice for under lipstick which I find very drying. Overall, very nice and very cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by FabFashionista101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is very moistirizing. The name is odd, creepy, and wierd,
But the overall product is nice. This give me lips a little bit of color, which i was hoping it would give me more. It was inexpensive, so I would buy it again for its moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought Grape and Cherry ice. I like how moisturizing it feels on my lips, but there was absolutely no color at all. I will use it up, but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cute packaging. I have the pink and the peach one. The pink one is very pigmented. I usually don't wear colors, but I like it. The peach just has a tiny bit of tint. You can hardly see it. I like these. I have to reapply more often than I like. For the price, it is ok though.

Mine do not look like the main picture. Rather they have a clear lid that is shaped more like a lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Krystall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had seen a favourable review of these on Youtube and decided to grab a couple and check them out. I purchased Energising Orange and Anti-oxidant Berry.
The packaging is super cute! I love the bright colours. Otherwise it's packaged just like any old lip balm with the pull off cap and twisty bottom.
Both of the balms were completely colourless. I was kind of disappointed because I had heard that they were tinted. I guess the product is different in Australia? Despite that the scents are totally delicious. The orange smell is crazy yummy, reminded me of my Orange Fanta Lip Smacker. The berry one is incredibly subtle compared to the orange but it's still pretty nice.
The staying power on these isn't great. I am a lip licker so I am sure the product could last longer on someone else but for me I was reapplying every 30 - 45 minutes.
They moisturise beautifully. My lips have been pretty cracked and dry lately, need to remember to drink more water, and this balm made them feel amazingly soft after just few hours.
It feels super great on the lips, not waxy or thick. It kind of feels like butter to me. Just light and incredibly smooth.
The price on these was crazy good! Just $4 each from Priceline. I was stoked.
All in all I would repurchase and recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by LilOrange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mom had some and she gave it to me because the color didnt go well with her skin tone, but i love it! It leaves my lips super soft! I read a commercial that said it takes 4 weeks for it to fully work, ive only used it for a day but already im in love with it! also, i agree with the person who said the name is creepy. When i brought it to school i told my friends about how creepy the name was lol. But i would totally reccomend this, it also smells good, but isnt sicky sweet or overpowering. I couldnt really taste the flavor, though (was it suppose to be flavored? im not sure.) but i dont care because it makes my lips not look like a desert in a drought and more like, well, baby lips! (which ya, is kinda creepy, but it works!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First, the packaging looks and feels cheap and flimsy. The name is also a little creepy. The product itself, however, is very, very good. I have this in peppermint and peach kiss, and I find that both moisturize my lips extremely well. I haven't needed to reapply frequently at all, and my lips look and feel a lot softer at the end of the day than I have noticed with other lip balms. The peppermint is one of the best peppermint balms I've ever used as the peppermint is noticeable but not in a stinging or you just spilled peppermint schnaaps all over yourself kind of way. Because the peppermint is not tinted I use it more frequently, and I find it gives my lips a nice shine, and it makes them appear more supple and full than they actually are. Peach Kiss is a nice color for me (very light, warm undertones), but I find the flavor/scent a bit odd. It doesn't bother me enough that I won't use the balm; it's really just a strange scent, not necessarily bad. I really did not expect much for such an inexpensive balm (I am accustomed to paying way more for lip balms that moisturize this well), and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not entirely sure that I would ever buy another lip balm as long as this one is on the market because it really does work that well for me. I am more likely to purchase the Peppermint again over any of the tinted ones because I just really like the Peppermint flavor, but as far as moisturization goes -- they feel the same. I would imagine/hope the others follow suit.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not like this because it has to be applied every hour. It's like chapstick with flavor. I'm looking for Revlon Butter sticks but they arent in the stores here yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

Wait what? This has been out since January? Wow. I'm must've been living under a rock. Ok I got this in Peach. It smells just like a peach and leaves a nice peachy sheen to my lips. I love that it's a balm yet has color and personality. I was quite surprised how much product you actually get. With a lipstick you get less than the length of the tube but with these the product is actually as long as the packaging, if that makes any sense.The packaging is eh, ok but I don't hate it. My 3 yr old is always drawn to it since it's somewhat adolescent looking. I do feel it doesn't have the best staying power but hey I'm all for reapplying since the smell is so yummy. I might buy other colors but I would definately buy this one again.